Rice Farmers’ Production Efficiency under Abiotic Stresses: the Case of Bangladesh
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Wang, Jirong & Cramer, Gail L. & Wailes, Eric J., 1996.
"Production efficiency of Chinese agriculture: evidence from rural household survey data,"
Blackwell, vol. 15(1), pages 17-28, September.
- Wang, Jirong & Cramer, Gail L. & Wailes, Eric J., 1996. "Production efficiency of Chinese agriculture: evidence from rural household survey data," Agricultural Economics of Agricultural Economists, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 15(1), September.
- Rahman, Khandaker Md. Mostafizur & Schmitz, Peter Michael & Wronka, Tobias C., 1999. "Impact Of Farm-Specific Factors On The Technical Inefficiency Of Producing Rice In Bangaldesh," Bangladesh Journal of Agricultural Economics, Bangladesh Agricultural University, vol. 22(2).
- Kumbhakar, Subal C & Bhattacharyya, Arunava, 1992. "Price Distortions and Resource-Use Efficiency in Indian Agriculture: A Restricted Profit Function Approach," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 74(2), pages 231-239, May.
- Sharma, Khem R. & Leung, PingSun & Zaleski, Halina M., 1999. "Technical, allocative and economic efficiencies in swine production in Hawaii: a comparison of parametric and nonparametric approaches," Agricultural Economics of Agricultural Economists, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 20(1), January.
- Tzouvelekas, Vangelis & Pantzios, Christos J. & Fotopoulos, Christos, 2001. "Technical efficiency of alternative farming systems: the case of Greek organic and conventional olive-growing farms," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 26(6), pages 549-569, December.
- Anonymous & Gauchan, D. & Malabayuabas, Maria Luz & Bool-Emerick, M. & Hardy, B., 2012. "Patterns of Adoption of Improved Rice Varieties and Farm-Level Impacts in Stress-Prone Rainfed Areas in South Asia," IRRI Books, International Rice Research Institute (IRRI), number 164467.
- Ly, Proyuth & Jensen, Lars Stoumann & Bruun, Thilde Bech & Rutz, Dominik & de Neergaard, Andreas, 2012. "The System of Rice Intensification: Adapted practices, reported outcomes and their relevance in Cambodia," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 113(C), pages 16-27.
- Stephen Devereux, 2007. "The impact of droughts and floods on food security and policy options to alleviate negative effects," Agricultural Economics, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 37(s1), pages 47-58, December.
- Ganesh-Kumar, A. & Prasad, Sanjay K. & Pullabhotla, Hemant, 2012. "Supply and Demand for Cereals in Bangladesh: 2010â€“2030:," IFPRI discussion papers 1186, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Tim Coelli & Sanzidur Rahman & Colin Thirtle, 2002. "Technical, Allocative, Cost and Scale Efficiencies in Bangladesh Rice Cultivation: A Non-parametric Approach," Journal of Agricultural Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 53(3), pages 607-626.
- Sharma, Khem R. & Leung, PingSun & Zaleski, Halina M., 1999. "Technical, allocative and economic efficiencies in swine production in Hawaii: a comparison of parametric and nonparametric approaches," Agricultural Economics, Blackwell, vol. 20(1), pages 23-35, January.
More about this item
Keywordsrice; efficiency; stochastic production function; farm household; drought; submergence; Agricultural and Food Policy; Crop Production/Industries; Food Security and Poverty; Production Economics; Q12; D24;
- Q12 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Agriculture - - - Micro Analysis of Farm Firms, Farm Households, and Farm Input Markets
- D24 - Microeconomics - - Production and Organizations - - - Production; Cost; Capital; Capital, Total Factor, and Multifactor Productivity; Capacity
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AGR-2015-08-07 (Agricultural Economics)
- NEP-ALL-2015-08-07 (All new papers)
- NEP-EFF-2015-08-07 (Efficiency & Productivity)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:saea14:162543. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/saeaaea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.