Rice Farmers’ Production Efficiency under Abiotic Stresses: the Case of Bangladesh
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Wang, Jirong & Cramer, Gail L. & Wailes, Eric J., 1996.
"Production efficiency of Chinese agriculture: evidence from rural household survey data,"
Blackwell, vol. 15(1), pages 17-28, September.
- Wang, Jirong & Cramer, Gail L. & Wailes, Eric J., 1996. "Production efficiency of Chinese agriculture: evidence from rural household survey data," Agricultural Economics of Agricultural Economists, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 15(1), September.
- Rahman, Khandaker Md. Mostafizur & Schmitz, Peter Michael & Wronka, Tobias C., 1999. "Impact Of Farm-Specific Factors On The Technical Inefficiency Of Producing Rice In Bangaldesh," Bangladesh Journal of Agricultural Economics, Bangladesh Agricultural University, vol. 22(2).
- Kumbhakar, Subal C & Bhattacharyya, Arunava, 1992. "Price Distortions and Resource-Use Efficiency in Indian Agriculture: A Restricted Profit Function Approach," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 74(2), pages 231-239, May.
- Sharma, Khem R. & Leung, PingSun & Zaleski, Halina M., 1999. "Technical, allocative and economic efficiencies in swine production in Hawaii: a comparison of parametric and nonparametric approaches," Agricultural Economics of Agricultural Economists, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 20(1), January.
- Tzouvelekas, Vangelis & Pantzios, Christos J. & Fotopoulos, Christos, 2001. "Technical efficiency of alternative farming systems: the case of Greek organic and conventional olive-growing farms," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 26(6), pages 549-569, December.
- Anonymous & Gauchan, D. & Malabayuabas, Maria Luz & Bool-Emerick, M. & Hardy, B., 2012. "Patterns of Adoption of Improved Rice Varieties and Farm-Level Impacts in Stress-Prone Rainfed Areas in South Asia," IRRI Books, International Rice Research Institute (IRRI), number 164467.
- Ly, Proyuth & Jensen, Lars Stoumann & Bruun, Thilde Bech & Rutz, Dominik & de Neergaard, Andreas, 2012. "The System of Rice Intensification: Adapted practices, reported outcomes and their relevance in Cambodia," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 113(C), pages 16-27.
- Stephen Devereux, 2007. "The impact of droughts and floods on food security and policy options to alleviate negative effects," Agricultural Economics, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 37(s1), pages 47-58, December.
- Ganesh-Kumar, A. & Prasad, Sanjay K. & Pullabhotla, Hemant, 2012. "Supply and Demand for Cereals in Bangladesh: 2010â€“2030:," IFPRI discussion papers 1186, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Tim Coelli & Sanzidur Rahman & Colin Thirtle, 2002. "Technical, Allocative, Cost and Scale Efficiencies in Bangladesh Rice Cultivation: A Non-parametric Approach," Journal of Agricultural Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 53(3), pages 607-626.
- Sharma, Khem R. & Leung, PingSun & Zaleski, Halina M., 1999. "Technical, allocative and economic efficiencies in swine production in Hawaii: a comparison of parametric and nonparametric approaches," Agricultural Economics, Blackwell, vol. 20(1), pages 23-35, January.
More about this item
Keywordsrice; efficiency; stochastic production function; farm household; drought; submergence; Agricultural and Food Policy; Crop Production/Industries; Food Security and Poverty; Production Economics; Q12; D24;
- Q12 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Agriculture - - - Micro Analysis of Farm Firms, Farm Households, and Farm Input Markets
- D24 - Microeconomics - - Production and Organizations - - - Production; Cost; Capital; Capital, Total Factor, and Multifactor Productivity; Capacity
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AGR-2015-08-07 (Agricultural Economics)
- NEP-ALL-2015-08-07 (All new papers)
- NEP-EFF-2015-08-07 (Efficiency & Productivity)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:saea14:162543. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/saeaaea.html .