Parental Benefits from Intergenerational Coresidence: Empirical Evidence from Rural Pakistan
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Mark R. Rosenzweig, 1980. "Neoclassical Theory and the Optimizing Peasant: An Econometric Analysis of Market Family Labor Supply in a Developing Country," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 94(1), pages 31-55.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Cox, Daniel, 2002.
"Private inter-household transfers in Vietnam in the early and late 1990s,"
Policy Research Working Paper Series
2853, The World Bank.
- Donald Cox, 2002. "Private Inter-household Transfers in Vietnam in the Early and Late 1990s," Boston College Working Papers in Economics 524, Boston College Department of Economics.
- Sarmistha Pal, 2004. "Do Children Act As Old Age Security in Rural India? Evidence from an Analysis of Elderly Living Arrangements," Labor and Demography 0405002, EconWPA, revised 15 Oct 2004.
- Deborah Cobb-Clark & Lisa A Cameron, 2005. "Do Coresidency with and Financial Transfers from Children Reduce the Need for Elderly Parents to Work in Developing Countries?," CEPR Discussion Papers 508, Centre for Economic Policy Research, Research School of Economics, Australian National University.
- Sarmistha Pal, 2006.
"Elderly Health, Wealth and Co-residence with Adult Children in Rural India,"
CEDI Discussion Paper Series
06-09, Centre for Economic Development and Institutions(CEDI), Brunel University.
- Sarmistha Pal, 2006. "Elderly Health, Wealth and Coresidence with Adult Children in Rural India," Economics and Finance Discussion Papers 06-17, Economics and Finance Section, School of Social Sciences, Brunel University.
- Basu, Kaushik & Felkey, Amanda, 2004. "A Theory of Efficiency Wage with Community-Based Income Sharing," Working Papers 04-10, Cornell University, Center for Analytic Economics.
- Pal, Sarmistha, 2007. "Effects of Intergenerational Transfers on Elderly Coresidence with Adult Children: Evidence from Rural India," IZA Discussion Papers 2847, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Ha Trong Nguyen & Amy Y.C. Liu & Alison L. Booth, 2012.
"Monetary Transfers from Children and the Labour Supply of Elderly Parents: Evidence from Vietnam,"
Journal of Development Studies,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 48(8), pages 1177-1191, March.
- Nguyen, Trong-Ha & Liu, Amy Y.C. & Booth, Alison L., 2012. "Monetary Transfers from Children and the Labour Supply of Elderly Parents: Evidence from Vietnam," IZA Discussion Papers 6974, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Ha Trong Nguyen & Amy Y.C. Liu & Alison L. Booth, 2012. "Monetary transfers from children and the labour supply of elderly parents: evidence from Vietnam," CEPR Discussion Papers 664, Centre for Economic Policy Research, Research School of Economics, Australian National University.
- Lingguo Cheng & Hong Liu & Ye Zhang & Zhong Zhao, 2018.
"The heterogeneous impact of pension income on elderly living arrangements: evidence from China’s new rural pension scheme,"
Journal of Population Economics,
Springer;European Society for Population Economics, vol. 31(1), pages 155-192, January.
- Cheng, Lingguo & Liu, Hong & Zhang, Ye & Zhao, Zhong, 2015. "The Heterogeneous Impact of Pension Income on Elderly Living Arrangements: Evidence from China's New Rural Pension Scheme," IZA Discussion Papers 9116, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Cheng, Lingguo & Liu, Hong & Zhang, Ye & Zhao, Zhong, 2017. "The Heterogeneous Impact of Pension Income on Elderly Living Arrangements: Evidence from China’s New Rural Pension Scheme," GLO Discussion Paper Series 80, Global Labor Organization (GLO).
- La Ferrara, Eliana, 2007.
"Descent rules and strategic transfers. Evidence from matrilineal groups in Ghana,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 83(2), pages 280-301, July.
- La Ferrara, Eliana, 2007. "Descent Rules and Strategic Transfers. Evidence from Matrilineal Groups in Ghana," CEPR Discussion Papers 6111, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Grogan, Louise, 2013.
"Household formation rules, fertility and female labour supply: Evidence from post-communist countries,"
Journal of Comparative Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 41(4), pages 1167-1183.
- Louise Grogan, 2013. "Household Formation Rules, Fertility and Female Labour Supply: Evidence from post-communist countries," Working Papers 1302, University of Guelph, Department of Economics and Finance.
- Maria Porter, 2016. "Effects of microcredit and other loans on female empowerment in Bangladesh: the borrower's gender influences intra-household resource allocation," Agricultural Economics, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 47(2), pages 235-245, March.
- Kaushik Basu & Amanda J. Felkey, 2009.
"A theory of efficiency wage with multiple unemployment equilibria: how a higher minimum wage law can curb unemployment,"
Oxford Economic Papers,
Oxford University Press, vol. 61(3), pages 494-516, July.
- Basu, Kaushik & Felkey, Amanda J., 2008. "A Theory of Efficiency Wage with Multiple Unemployment Equilibria: How a Higher Minimum Wage Law Can Curb Unemployment," IZA Discussion Papers 3381, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Jonna P. ESTUDILLO & Agnes R. QUISUMBING & Keijiro OTSUKA, 2001. "Gender Differences In Wealth Transfer And Expenditure Allocation: Evidence From The Rural Philippines," The Developing Economies, Institute of Developing Economies, vol. 39(4), pages 366-394, December.
- Liu, Haoming, 2008. "The impact of women's power on child quality in rural China," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 19(1), pages 101-115, March.
- repec:eee:joecag:v:4:y:2014:i:c:p:8-23 is not listed on IDEAS
- Paul Glewwe & Nisha Agrawal & David Dollar, 2004. "Economic Growth, Poverty, and Household Welfare in Vietnam," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 15010.
- Samphantharak, Krislert & Schuh, Scott & Townsend, Robert M., 2017. "Integrated household surveys: an assessment of U.S. methods and an innovation," Working Papers 17-7, Federal Reserve Bank of Boston.
- Sonia Bhalotra, 2004. "Parent Altruism, Cash Transfers and Child Poverty," Bristol Economics Discussion Papers 04/561, Department of Economics, University of Bristol, UK.
- Yasuyuki Sawada, 2003. "Income Risks, Gender, and Human Capital Investment in a Developing Country," CIRJE F-Series CIRJE-F-198, CIRJE, Faculty of Economics, University of Tokyo.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ucp:jpolec:v:108:y:2000:i:6:p:1184-1209. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Journals Division). General contact details of provider: http://www.journals.uchicago.edu/JPE/ .