“The Luggage that isn’t Theirs is Too Heavy…”: Understandings of Orphan Disadvantage in Lesotho
No abstract is available for this item.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Volume (Year): 31 (2012)
Issue (Month): 1 (February)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.springer.com|
Web page: http://www.sda-demography.org/
|Order Information:||Web: http://www.springer.com/social+sciences/population+studies/journal/11113/PS2|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Borooah, Vani K., 2004.
"Gender bias among children in India in their diet and immunisation against disease,"
Social Science & Medicine,
Elsevier, vol. 58(9), pages 1719-1731, May.
- Borooah, Vani, 2004. "Gender Bias Among Children in India in their Diet and Immunisation Against Disease," MPRA Paper 19590, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Evans, David & Miguel, Edward A., 2005.
"Orphans and Schooling in Africa: A Longitudinal Analysis,"
Center for International and Development Economics Research, Working Paper Series
qt14w3s2fh, Center for International and Development Economics Research, Institute for Business and Economic Research, UC Berkeley.
- David Evans & Edward Miguel, 2007. "Orphans and schooling in africa: a longitudinal analysis," Demography, Springer;Population Association of America (PAA), vol. 44(1), pages 35-57, February.
- Abebe, Tatek & Aase, Asbjorn, 2007. "Children, AIDS and the politics of orphan care in Ethiopia: The extended family revisited," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 64(10), pages 2058-2069, May.
- Yamano, Takashi & Jayne, Thom S., 2004.
"Working-Age Adult Mortality and Primary School Attendance in Rural Kenya,"
202631, Egerton University, Tegemeo Institute of Agricultural Policy and Development.
- Yamano, Takashi & Jayne, T S, 2005. "Working-Age Adult Mortality and Primary School Attendance in Rural Kenya," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 53(3), pages 619-653, April.
- Yamano, Takashi & Jayne, Thomas S., 2004. "Working-Age Adult Mortality and Primary School Attendance in Rural Kenya," Food Security Collaborative Working Papers 55159, Michigan State University, Department of Agricultural, Food, and Resource Economics.
- Yamano, Takashi & Jayne, Thomas S., 2004. "Working-age Adult Mortality and Primary School Attendance in Rural Kenya," Food Security Collaborative Policy Briefs 54645, Michigan State University, Department of Agricultural, Food, and Resource Economics.
- Takashi Yamano & Thomas S. Jayne, 2005. "Working-age Adult Mortality and Primary Sschool Attendance in Rural Kenya," Development and Comp Systems 0502017, EconWPA.
- Kathleen Beegle & Sofya Krutikova, 2008.
"Adult mortality and children’s transition into marriage,"
Max Planck Institute for Demographic Research, Rostock, Germany, vol. 19(42), pages 1551-1574, September.
- Beegle, Kathleen & Krutikova, Sofya, 2007. "Adult mortality and children's transition into marriage," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4139, The World Bank.
- Backstrand, Jeffrey R. & Allen, Lindsay H. & Pelto, Gretel H. & Chávez, Adolfo, 1997. "Examining the gender gap in nutrition: An example from rural Mexico," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 44(11), pages 1751-1759, June.
- Kaggwa, Esther B. & Hindin, Michelle J., 2010. "The psychological effect of orphanhood in a matured HIV epidemic: An analysis of young people in Mukono, Uganda," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 70(7), pages 1002-1010, April.
- Seeley, Janet & Biraro, Samuel & Shafer, Leigh Anne & Nasirumbi, Pamela & Foster, Susan & Whitworth, Jimmy & Grosskurth, Heiner, 2008. "Using in-depth qualitative data to enhance our understanding of quantitative results regarding the impact of HIV and AIDS on households in rural Uganda," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 67(9), pages 1434-1446, November.
- Skovdal, Morten & Ogutu, Vincent O. & Aoro, Cellestine & Campbell, Catherine, 2009. "Young carers as social actors: Coping strategies of children caring for ailing or ageing guardians in Western Kenya," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 69(4), pages 587-595, August.
- Miller, Candace Marie & Gruskin, Sofia & Subramanian, S.V. & Heymann, Jody, 2007. "Emerging health disparities in Botswana: Examining the situation of orphans during the AIDS epidemic," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 64(12), pages 2476-2486, June.
- Kevin Thomas, 2010. "Family Contexts and Schooling Disruption among Orphans in Post-Genocide Rwanda," Population Research and Policy Review, Springer;Southern Demographic Association (SDA), vol. 29(6), pages 819-842, December.
- Thurman, Tonya Renee & Snider, Leslie A. & Boris, Neil W. & Kalisa, Edward & Nyirazinyoye, Laetitia & Brown, Lisanne, 2008. "Barriers to the community support of orphans and vulnerable youth in Rwanda," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 66(7), pages 1557-1567, April.
- Atwine, Benjamin & Cantor-Graae, Elizabeth & Bajunirwe, Francis, 2005. "Psychological distress among AIDS orphans in rural Uganda," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 61(3), pages 555-564, August.
- David Bishai & Heena Brahmbhatt & Ron Gray & Godfrey Kigozi & David Serwadda & Nelson Sewankambo & El Daw Suliman & Fred Wabwire-Mangen & Maria Wawer, 2003. "Does biological relatedness affect child survival?," Demographic Research, Max Planck Institute for Demographic Research, Rostock, Germany, vol. 8(9), pages 261-278, May.
- Anne Case & Cally Ardington, 2006. "The impact of parental death on school outcomes: Longitudinal evidence from South Africa," Demography, Springer;Population Association of America (PAA), vol. 43(3), pages 401-420, August.
- Cluver, Lucie & Orkin, Mark, 2009. "Cumulative risk and AIDS-orphanhood: Interactions of stigma, bullying and poverty on child mental health in South Africa," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 69(8), pages 1186-1193, October.
- Madhavan, Sangeetha, 2004. "Fosterage patterns in the age of AIDS: continuity and change," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 58(7), pages 1443-1454, April.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:poprpr:v:31:y:2012:i:1:p:67-83. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla)or (Rebekah McClure)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.