Emerging health disparities in Botswana: Examining the situation of orphans during the AIDS epidemic
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- repec:pri:rpdevs:case_paxson_orphansafrica is not listed on IDEAS
- Anne Case & Christina Paxson & Joseph Ableidinger, 2004.
"Orphans in Africa: parental death, poverty, and school enrollment,"
Springer;Population Association of America (PAA), vol. 41(3), pages 483-508, August.
- Anne Case & Christina Paxson & Joseph Ableidinger, 2004. "Orphans in Africa: Parental Death, Poverty and School Enrollment," Working Papers 183, Princeton University, Woodrow Wilson School of Public and International Affairs, Research Program in Development Studies..
- Anne Case & Christina Paxson & Joseph Ableidinger, 2004. "Orphans in Africa: Parental Death, Poverty and School Enrollment," Working Papers 256, Princeton University, Woodrow Wilson School of Public and International Affairs, Center for Health and Wellbeing..
- repec:pri:cheawb:case_paxson_orphansafrica is not listed on IDEAS
- Ainsworth, Martha & Filmer, Deon, 2002. "Poverty, AIDS, and children's schooling - a targeting dilemma," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2885, The World Bank.
- Deininger, Klaus & Garcia, Marito & Subbarao, K., 2003. "AIDS-Induced Orphanhood as a Systemic Shock: Magnitude, Impact, and Program Interventions in Africa," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 31(7), pages 1201-1220, July.
- repec:pri:rpdevs:case_paxson_orphansafrica.pdf is not listed on IDEAS
- Masmas, Tania Nicole & Jensen, Henrik & da Silva, Domingos & Høj, Lars & Sandström, Anita & Aaby, Peter, 2004. "The social situation of motherless children in rural and urban areas of Guinea-Bissau," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 59(6), pages 1231-1239, September.
- repec:pri:cheawb:case_paxson_orphansafrica.pdf is not listed on IDEAS
- Duncan, Craig & Jones, Kelvyn & Moon, Graham, 1996. "Health-related behaviour in context: A multilevel modelling approach," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 42(6), pages 817-830, March.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Adler, Nicole & Yazhemsky, Ekaterina & Tarverdyan, Ruzanana, 2010. "A framework to measure the relative socio-economic performance of developing countries," Socio-Economic Planning Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 44(2), pages 73-88, June.
- Kevin Thomas, 2012. "Migration, Household Configurations, and the Well-Being of Adolescent Orphans in Rwanda," Population Research and Policy Review, Springer;Southern Demographic Association (SDA), vol. 31(4), pages 587-607, August.
- Rachel Goldberg & Susan Short, 2012. "“The Luggage that isn’t Theirs is Too Heavy…”: Understandings of Orphan Disadvantage in Lesotho," Population Research and Policy Review, Springer;Southern Demographic Association (SDA), vol. 31(1), pages 67-83, February.
- Betancourt, Theresa Stichick & Meyers-Ohki, Sarah & Stulac, Sara N. & Elizabeth Barrera, Amy & Mushashi, Christina & Beardslee, William R., 2011. "Nothing can defeat combined hands (Abashize hamwe ntakibananira): Protective processes and resilience in Rwandan children and families affected by HIV/AIDS," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 73(5), pages 693-701, September.
More about this item
KeywordsChild health AIDS Orphans Human rights Multilevel Policy Botswana;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:socmed:v:64:y:2007:i:12:p:2476-2486. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/315/description#description .