Agricultural Water Management
2008, Volume 95, Issue 9
- 1003-1010 Effect of water shortage on yield, and protein and mineral compositions of drip-irrigated sweet corn in sustainable agricultural systems
by Oktem, A.
- 1011-1027 Evaluation on the irrigation and fertilization management practices under the application of treated sewage water in Beijing, China
by Wang, Xiangping & Huang, Guanhua
- 1028-1040 A study of the effect of the interaction between site-specific conditions, residue cover and weed control on water storage during fallow
by Fernandez, Romina & Quiroga, Alberto & Noellemeyer, Elke & Funaro, Daniel & Montoya, Jorgelina & Hitzmann, Bernd & Peinemann, Norman
- 1041-1055 Effects of salinity on fruit yield and quality of tomato grown in soil-less culture in greenhouses in Mediterranean climatic conditions
by Magán, J.J. & Gallardo, M. & Thompson, R.B. & Lorenzo, P.
- 1056-1066 Regional assessment of evaporation from agricultural irrigation reservoirs in a semiarid climate
by Martinez Alvarez, V. & González-Real, M.M. & Baille, A. & Maestre Valero, J.F. & Gallego Elvira, B.
- 1067-1078 Challenges of optimal implementation of formal water rights systems for irrigation in the Great Ruaha River Catchment in Tanzania
by Rajabu, Kossa R.M. & Mahoo, Henry F.
- 1079-1089 Modelling soil detachment rates in rainfed agrosystems in the south-central Pyrenees
by López-Vicente, M. & Navas, A. & Machin, J.
- 1090-1098 Temporal irrigation performance assessment in Turkey: Menemen case study
by Kukul, Y.S. & Akçay, S. & Anaç, S. & YesilIrmak, E.
- 1099-1110 Evaluation of options for increasing yield and water productivity of wheat in Punjab, India using the DSSAT-CSM-CERES-Wheat model
by Timsina, J. & Godwin, D. & Humphreys, E. & Yadvinder-Singh & Bijay-Singh & Kukal, S.S. & Smith, D.
2008, Volume 95, Issue 8
- 887-894 Ammonia volatilization from urea in rice fields with zero-drainage water management
by Li, Hua & Liang, Xinqiang & Chen, Yingxu & Tian, Guangming & Zhang, Zhijian
- 895-908 Effect of irrigation amounts applied with subsurface drip irrigation on corn evapotranspiration, yield, water use efficiency, and dry matter production in a semiarid climate
by Payero, José O. & Tarkalson, David D. & Irmak, Suat & Davison, Don & Petersen, James L.
- 909-917 Could deficit irrigation be a sustainable practice for quinoa (Chenopodium quinoa Willd.) in the Southern Bolivian Altiplano?
by Geerts, Sam & Raes, Dirk & Garcia, Magali & Condori, Octavio & Mamani, Judith & Miranda, Roberto & Cusicanqui, Jorge & Taboada, Cristal & Yucra, Edwin & Vacher, Jean
- 918-924 Crop coefficients for winter wheat in a sub-humid climate regime
by Kjaersgaard, J.H. & Plauborg, F. & Mollerup, M. & Petersen, C.T. & Hansen, S.
- 925-936 Integration of economic and hydrologic models: Exploring conjunctive irrigation water use strategies in the Volta Basin
by Bharati, L. & Rodgers, C. & Erdenberger, T. & Plotnikova, M. & Shumilov, S. & Vlek, P. & Martin, N.
- 937-948 Vineyard evaporative fraction based on eddy covariance in an arid desert region of Northwest China
by Li, Sien & Kang, Shaozhong & Li, Fusheng & Zhang, Lu & Zhang, Baozhong
- 949-958 The effect of drip line spacing, irrigation regimes and planting geometries of tomato on yield, irrigation water use efficiency and net return
by Çetin, Öner & Uygan, Demet
- 959-967 Root dynamics of peach trees submitted to partial rootzone drying and continuous deficit irrigation
by Abrisqueta, J.M. & Mounzer, O. & Álvarez, S. & Conejero, W. & Garcia-Orellana, Y. & Tapia, L.M. & Vera, J. & Abrisqueta, I. & Ruiz-Sánchez, M.C.
- 968-972 Long-term growth and yield responses of olive trees to different irrigation regimes
by Melgar, J.C. & Mohamed, Y. & Navarro, C. & Parra, M.A. & Benlloch, M. & Fernández-Escobar, R.
- 973-983 Exploring regional irrigation water demand using typologies of farms and production units: An example from Tunisia
by Poussin, J.C. & Imache, A. & Beji, R. & Le Grusse, P. & Benmihoub, A.
- 984-992 Water for irrigation or hydropower generation?--Complex questions regarding water allocation in Tanzania
by Kadigi, Reuben M.J. & Mdoe, Ntengua S.Y. & Ashimogo, Gasper C. & Morardet, Sylvie
2008, Volume 95, Issue 7
- 751-753 Jan van Schilfgaarde (1929-2008)
by Raats, Peter A.C. & Oster, James D.
- 754-766 Assessment of surface and sub-surface waterlogged areas in irrigation command areas of Bihar state using remote sensing and GIS
by Chowdary, V.M. & Chandran, R. Vinu & Neeti, N. & Bothale, R.V. & Srivastava, Y.K. & Ingle, P. & Ramakrishnan, D. & Dutta, D. & Jeyaram, A. & Sharma, J.R. & Singh, Ravindra
- 767-775 Comparison of dynamic and static APRI-models to simulate soil water dynamics in a vineyard over the growing season under alternate partial root-zone drip irrigation
by Zhou, Qingyun & Kang, Shaozhong & Li, Fusheng & Zhang, Lu
- 776-786 Evaluation of CERES-Wheat and CropSyst models for water-nitrogen interactions in wheat crop
by Singh, Anil Kumar & Tripathy, Rojalin & Chopra, Usha Kiran
- 787-798 Agricultural land use and flood risk management: Engaging with stakeholders in North Yorkshire
by Posthumus, H. & Hewett, C.J.M. & Morris, J. & Quinn, P.F.
- 799-808 Soil water movement under a single surface trickle source
by Bhatnagar, P.R. & Chauhan, H.S.
- 809-816 Outflow reduction and salt and nitrogen dynamics at controlled drainage in the YinNan Irrigation District, China
by Luo, W. & Jia, Z. & Fang, S. & Wang, N. & Liu, J. & Wang, L. & Tian, S. & Zhang, Y.
- 817-824 Avocado root distribution in fine and coarse-textured soils under drip and microsprinkler irrigation
by Salgado, E. & Cautin, R.
- 825-835 Water quality implications of raising crop water productivity
by Nangia, V. & de Fraiture, C. & Turral, H.
- 836-844 Irrigation rate and plant density effects on yield and water use efficiency of drip-irrigated corn
by El-Hendawy, Salah E. & El-Lattief, Essam A. Abd & Ahmed, Mohamed S. & Schmidhalter, Urs
- 845-853 Estimation of design water requirement using FAO Penman-Monteith and optimal probability distribution function in South Korea
by Yoo, Seung-Hwan & Choi, Jin-Yong & Jang, Min-Won
- 854-858 Performance of purslane (Portulaca oleracea L.) as a salt-removing crop
by Kiliç, Cenk Ceyhun & Kukul, Yasemin S. & Anaç, Dilek
- 859-868 River flow prediction through rainfall-runoff modelling with a probability-distributed model (PDM) in Flanders, Belgium
by Cabus, Pieter
- 869-876 Effects of water application intensity, drop size and water application amount on the characteristics of topsoil pores under sprinkler irrigation
by Sun, Zeqiang & Kang, Yaohu & Jiang, Shufang
- 877-886 Quantifying reductions in consumptive water use under regulated deficit irrigation in pistachio (Pistacia vera L.)
by Iniesta, F. & Testi, L. & Goldhamer, D.A. & Fereres, E.
2008, Volume 95, Issue 6
- 633-644 Summer cover crop impacts on soil percolation and nitrogen leaching from a winter corn field
by Muñoz-Carpena, R. & Ritter, A. & Bosch, D.D. & Schaffer, B. & Potter, T.L.
- 645-658 Overland water and salt flows in a set of rice paddies
by Playán, E. & Pérez-Coveta, O. & Martinez-Cob, A. & Herrero, J. & Garcia-Navarro, P. & Latorre, B. & Brufau, P. & Garcés, J.
- 659-668 Water use efficiency and fruit quality of table grape under alternate partial root-zone drip irrigation
by Du, Taisheng & Kang, Shaozhong & Zhang, Jianhua & Li, Fusheng & Yan, Boyuan
- 669-677 Tape depth and germination method influence patterns of salt accumulation with subsurface drip irrigation
by Roberts, Trenton L. & White, Scott A. & Warrick, Arthur W. & Thompson, Thomas L.
- 678-684 A preliminary study of an alternative controlled drainage strategy in surface drainage ditches: Low-grade weirs
by Kröger, R. & Cooper, C.M. & Moore, M.T.
- 685-697 Adapting to intersectoral transfers in the Zhanghe Irrigation System, China: Part II: Impacts of in-system storage on water balance and productivity
by Roost, N. & Cai, X.L. & Turral, H. & Molden, D. & Cui, Y.L.
- 698-706 Adapting to intersectoral transfers in the Zhanghe Irrigation System, China: Part I. In-system storage characteristics
by Roost, N. & Cai, X.L. & Molden, D. & Cui, Y.L.
- 707-715 Evaluation of FAO-56 methodology for estimating reference evapotranspiration using limited climatic data: Application to Tunisia
by Jabloun, M. & Sahli, A.
- 716-724 Effects of untreated and treated wastewater irrigation on some chemical properties of cauliflower (Brassica olerecea L. var. botrytis) and red cabbage (Brassica olerecea L. var. rubra) grown on calcareous soil in Turkey
by Kiziloglu, F.M. & Turan, M. & Sahin, U. & Kuslu, Y. & Dursun, A.
- 725-736 Quantifying water stress on wheat using remote sensing in the Yaqui Valley, Sonora, Mexico
by Méndez-Barroso, Luis A. & Garatuza-Payán, Jaime & Vivoni, Enrique R.
- 737-742 Controlling nitrogen release from farm ponds with a subsurface outflow device: Implications for improved water quality in receiving streams
by Cope, W. Gregory & Bringolf, Robert B. & Mosher, Shad & Rice, James A. & Noble, Richard L. & Edwards, H. Clifton
- 743-747 Relating leaf area index of natural eucalypt vegetation to climate variables in southern Australia
by Ellis, T.W. & Hatton, T.J.
- 748-749 J.T. Scholz and B. Stiftel, Editors, Adaptive Governance and Water Conflict, Resources for the Future, RFF Press, Washington, DC (October 2005) 300 pp., Unjacketed Hardback, US$ 32.95, ISBN: 1-933115-18-1; Paper Binding, US$ 29.95, ISBN: 1-933115-19-X
by Hook, James E.
- 750-750 J.H. Gash and W.J. Shuttleworth, Editors, IAHS Benchmark Papers in Hydrology Series, No. 2, Evaporation, International Association of Hydrological Sciences, IAHS Press, Center for Ecology and Hydrology, Wallingford, Oxfordshire OX10 8BB, UK (2007) 526 + x pp., A4 format, Softback, £40.00, ISBN: 978-1-901502-98-5
by Farahani, Hamid J.
2008, Volume 95, Issue 5
- 503-515 Comparative assessment of five methods of determining sap flow in peach trees
by González-Altozano, P. & Pavel, E.W. & Oncins, J.A. & Doltra, J. & Cohen, M. & Paço, T. & Massai, R. & Castel, J.R.
- 516-526 On-farm water management in saline groundwater area under scarce canal water supply condition in the Northwest India
by Mandare, A.B. & Ambast, S.K. & Tyagi, N.K. & Singh, J.
- 527-538 Comparison of wetland and agriculture drainage as sources of biochemical oxygen demand to the San Joaquin River, California
by Stringfellow, William T. & Hanlon, Jeremy S. & Borglin, Sharon E. & Quinn, Nigel W.T.
- 539-544 Rainfall harvesting on slopes using contour furrows with plastic-covered transverse ridges for growing Caragana korshinskii in the semiarid region of China
by Li, X.-Y. & Zhao, W.-W. & Song, Y.-X. & Wang, W. & Zhang, X.-Y.
- 545-552 Reduced water consumption of dormant-seeded sugar beet in a semiarid climate
by Mohammadian, R. & Sadeghian, S.Y. & Rahimian, H. & Moghadam, M.
- 553-565 Comparison of artificial neural network models and empirical and semi-empirical equations for daily reference evapotranspiration estimation in the Basque Country (Northern Spain)
by Landeras, Gorka & Ortiz-Barredo, Amaia & López, Jose Javier
- 566-574 Water balance of centre pivot irrigated pasture in northern Victoria, Australia
by Qassim, Abdi & Dunin, Frank & Bethune, Matthew
- 575-586 Water balance of the olive tree-annual crop association: A modeling approach
by Abid Karray, J. & Lhomme, J.P. & Masmoudi, M.M. & Mechlia, N. Ben
- 587-597 Effect of irrigation water salinity on transpiration and on leaching requirements: A case study for bell peppers
by Ben-Gal, Alon & Ityel, Eviatar & Dudley, Lynn & Cohen, Shabtai & Yermiyahu, Uri & Presnov, Eugene & Zigmond, Leah & Shani, Uri
- 598-606 The ionic composition of the streams of the mid-Murrumbidgee River: Implications for the management of downstream salinity
by Conyers, M.K. & Hume, I. & Summerell, G. & Slinger, D. & Mitchell, M. & Cawley, R.
- 607-615 Treating eutrophic water for nutrient reduction using an aquatic macrophyte (Ipomoea aquatica Forsskal) in a deep flow technique system
by Hu, M.H. & Ao, Y.S. & Yang, X.E. & Li, T.Q.
- 616-624 Simulated long-term nitrogen losses for a midwestern agricultural watershed in the United States
by Gowda, Prasanna H. & Mulla, David J. & Jaynes, Dan B.
- 625-632 Different indices to characterize water use pattern of micro-sprinkler irrigated onion (Allium cepa L.)
by Sarkar, S. & Goswami, S.B. & Mallick, S. & Nanda, M.K.
2008, Volume 95, Issue 4
- 339-353 The potential for monolayers to reduce the evaporation of water from large water storages
by Barnes, G.T.
- 354-366 Assessment and simulation of water and nitrogen transfer under furrow irrigation
by Crevoisier, D. & Popova, Z. & Mailhol, J.C. & Ruelle, P.
- 367-374 Response of silage yield to land application of out-wintering pad effluent in Ireland
by Augustenborg, C.A. & Carton, O.T. & Schulte, R.P.O. & Suffet, I.H.
- 375-382 The effect of water stress and rootstock on the development of leaf injuries in grapevines irrigated with saline effluent
by Paranychianakis, N.V. & Angelakis, A.N.
- 383-390 Influence of irrigation frequencies and phosphate fertilization on actual evapotranspiration rate, yield and water use pattern of rajmash (Phaseolus vulgaris L.)
by Kundu, M. & Chakraborty, P.K. & Mukherjee, A. & Sarkar, S.
- 391-399 Efficiency gains from water markets: Empirical analysis of Watermove in Australia
by Brooks, Robert & Harris, Edwyna
- 400-408 Evaluation of Agricultural Nonpoint Source (AGNPS) model for small watersheds in Korea applying irregular cell delineation
by Cho, Jaepil & Park, Seungwoo & Im, Sangjun
- 409-418 Usefulness and limitations of decision support systems for improving irrigation scheme management
by Lozano, David & Mateos, Luciano
- 419-426 Effects of municipal reclaimed wastewater on the macro- and micro-elements status of soil and of Brassica oleracea var. Italica, and B. oleracea var. Gemmifera
by Kalavrouziotis, I.K. & Robolas, P. & Koukoulakis, P.H. & Papadopoulos, A.H.
- 427-438 Irrigation in the Jordan Valley: Are water pricing policies overly optimistic?
by Molle, François & Venot, Jean-Philippe & Hassan, Youssef
- 439-446 Evaluation and application of DRAINMOD in an Australian sugarcane field
by Yang, Xihua
- 447-457 Geospatial estimation of soil moisture in rain-fed paddy fields using SCS-CN-based model
by Reshmidevi, T.V. & Jana, R. & Eldho, T.I.
- 458-468 Management trends and responses to water scarcity in an irrigation scheme of Southern Spain
by Garcia-Vila, M. & Lorite, I.J. & Soriano, M.A. & Fereres, E.
- 469-476 Effects of irrigation and planting patterns on radiation use efficiency and yield of winter wheat in North China
by Li, Quanqi & Chen, Yuhai & Liu, Mengyu & Zhou, Xunbo & Yu, Songlie & Dong, Baodi
- 477-488 Estimating potential costs and gains from an aquifer storage and recovery program in Australia
by Khan, Shahbaz & Mushtaq, Shahbaz & Hanjra, Munir A. & Schaeffer, Jürgen
- 489-497 Regulated deficit irrigation improved fruit quality and water use efficiency of pear-jujube trees
by Cui, Ningbo & Du, Taisheng & Kang, Shaozhong & Li, Fusheng & Zhang, Jianhua & Wang, Mixia & Li, Zhijun
- 498-502 Infiltration of melting saline ice water in soil columns: Consequences on soil moisture and salt content
by Li, Zhigang & Liu, Xiaojing & Zhang, Xiumei & Li, Weiqiang
2008, Volume 95, Issue 3
- 171-178 Response of spring cereals to a deficit of atmospheric precipitation in the particular stages of plant growth and development
by Martyniak, Ludwika
- 179-189 Subsurface drainage to combat waterlogging and salinity in irrigated lands in India: Lessons learned in farmers' fields
by Ritzema, H.P. & Satyanarayana, T.V. & Raman, S. & Boonstra, J.
- 190-198 Crop yield and soil water restoration on 9-year-old alfalfa pasture in the semiarid Loess Plateau of China
by Wang, Xiao-Ling & Sun, Guo-Jun & Jia, Yu & Li, Feng-Min & Xu, Jin-Zhang
- 199-204 Application of the Analytic Hierarchy Process to irrigation project improvement: Part I. Impacts of irrigation project internal processes on crop yields
by Okada, H. & Styles, S.W. & Grismer, M.E.
- 205-210 Application of the Analytic Hierarchy Process to irrigation project improvement: Part II. How professionals evaluate an irrigation project for its improvement
by Okada, H. & Styles, S.W. & Grismer, M.E.
- 211-223 A comparison of the water use of tree belts and pasture in recharge and discharge zones in a saline catchment in the Central West of NSW, Australia
by Crosbie, Russell S. & Wilson, Brett & Hughes, Justin D. & McCulloch, Christopher & King, Warren McG.
- 224-232 WaDI (water delivery for irrigation): A simulation tool to address strategic interaction of water demand and supply in irrigation schemes
by De Nys, Erwin & Le Gal, Pierre-Yves & Raes, Dirk & Ana, Eliseo
- 233-242 Feasibility of long-term irrigation as a treatment method for municipal wastewater using natural soil in Kuwait
by Akber, A. & Mukhopadhyay, A. & Al-Senafy, M. & Al-Haddad, A. & Al-Awadi, E. & Al-Qallaf, H.
- 243-252 Using economic incentives and regulations to reduce seawater intrusion in the Batinah coastal area of Oman
by Zekri, Slim
- 253-258 Supplemental irrigation of wheat with saline water
by Chauhan, C.P.S. & Singh, R.B. & Gupta, S.K.
- 259-270 In-season wheat root growth and soil water extraction in the Mediterranean environment of northern Syria
by Izzi, G. & Farahani, H.J. & Bruggeman, A. & Oweis, T.Y.
- 271-282 Representation of rainfed valley ricefields using a soil-water balance model
by de Silva, C. Shanthi & Rushton, K.R.
- 283-291 Sugarcane growth and yield responses to a 3-month summer flood
by Gilbert, R.A. & Rainbolt, C.R. & Morris, D.R. & McCray, J.M.
- 292-300 Soil water in relation to irrigation, water uptake and potato yield in a humid climate
by Starr, G.C. & Rowland, D. & Griffin, T.S. & Olanya, O.M.
- 301-308 Evapotranspiration of "Superior" grapevines under intermittent irrigation
by Azevedo, Pedro Vieira de & Soares, Jose Monteiro & Silva, Vicente de Paulo Rodrigues da & Silva, Bernardo Barbosa da & Nascimento, Tarcizio
- 309-321 Improvement of FAO-56 method for olive orchards through sequential assimilation of thermal infrared-based estimates of ET
by Er-Raki, S. & Chehbouni, A. & Hoedjes, J. & Ezzahar, J. & Duchemin, B. & Jacob, F.
- 322-330 Unrestricted cattle access to streams and water quality in till landscape of the Midwest
by Vidon, Philippe & Campbell, Marie A. & Gray, Mark
- 331-338 Mutual monitoring in a tradable water rights system: A case study of Zhangye City in Northwest China
by Zhang, Jun-Lian & Zhang, Feng-Rong
2008, Volume 95, Issue 2
- 89-102 Increasing water productivity of irrigated crops under limited water supply at field scale
by Vazifedoust, M. & van Dam, J.C. & Feddes, R.A. & Feizi, M.
- 103-115 Geochemical conditions in groundwater systems: Implications for the attenuation of agricultural nitrate
by Thayalakumaran, Thabo & Bristow, Keith L. & Charlesworth, Philip B. & Fass, Thorsten
- 116-122 Influence of single and multiple water application timings on yield and water use efficiency in tomato (var. First power)
by Ismail, Saleh M. & Ozawa, Kiyoshi & Khondaker, Nur A.
- 123-132 A distributed agro-hydrological model for irrigation water demand assessment
by Minacapilli, M. & Iovino, M. & D'Urso, G.
- 133-142 Assessing ground water quality in the irrigated plain of Triffa (north-east Morocco)
by Fetouani, S. & Sbaa, M. & Vanclooster, M. & Bendra, B.
- 143-153 Effects of wastewater irrigation on soil sodicity and nutrient leaching in calcareous soils
by Jalali, M. & Merikhpour, H. & Kaledhonkar, M.J. & Van Der Zee, S.E.A.T.M.
- 154-162 Performance analysis of pressurized irrigation systems operating on-demand using flow-driven simulation models
by Calejo, M.J. & Lamaddalena, N. & Teixeira, J.L. & Pereira, L.S.
- 163-170 Minimisation or remediation: A cost benefit comparison of two approaches for managing irrigation-induced deep percolation
by Bethune, M. & Wang, Q.J. & Gyles, O.
2008, Volume 95, Issue 1
- 1-10 Managing salinity and waterlogging in the Indus Basin of Pakistan
by Qureshi, A.S. & McCornick, P.G. & Qadir, M. & Aslam, Z.
- 11-24 Integrating remote sensing and a process-based hydrological model to evaluate water use and productivity in a south Indian catchment
by Immerzeel, W.W. & Gaur, A. & Zwart, S.J.
- 25-34 Response of cotton to various levels of nitrogen and water applied to normal and paired sown cotton under drip irrigation in relation to check-basin
by Thind, H.S. & Aujla, M.S. & Buttar, G.S.
- 35-47 A cross disciplinary framework for linking farms with regional groundwater and salinity management targets
by Khan, Shahbaz & Rana, Tariq & Hanjra, Munir A.
- 48-58 Spectral vegetation indices for benchmarking water productivity of irrigated cotton and sugarbeet crops
by Gonzalez-Dugo, M.P. & Mateos, L.
- 59-68 The water transfer effects on agricultural development in the lower Tarim River, Xinjiang of China
by Xu, Hailiang & Ye, Mao & Li, Jimei
- 69-76 Yield and growth characteristics for cotton under various irrigation regimes on sandy soil
by DeTar, W.R.
- 77-84 Radiation calibration of FAO56 Penman-Monteith model to estimate reference crop evapotranspiration in China
by Yin, Yunhe & Wu, Shaohong & Zheng, Du & Yang, Qinye
- 85-88 Effects of irrigation water salinity and electrostatic water treatment for sugarcane production
by Wiedenfeld, Bob
2007, Volume 94, Issue 1-3
- 1-10 Evaluation of selected crop water production functions for an irrigated maize crop
by Igbadun, Henry E. & Tarimo, Andrew K.P.R. & Salim, Baanda A. & Mahoo, Henry F.
- 11-21 Calibrating and validating an agrohydrological model to simulate sugarbeet water use under mediterranean conditions
by Utset, Angel & Velicia, Herminio & del Rio, Blanca & Morillo, Rodrigo & Centeno, Jose Antonio & Martinez, Juan Carlos
- 22-30 Analyzing wheat productivity responses to climatic, irrigation and fertilizer-nitrogen regimes in a semi-arid sub-tropical environment using the CERES-Wheat model
by Arora, V.K. & Singh, Harbakhshinder & Singh, Bijay
- 31-42 Crop water parameters of irrigated wine and table grapes to support water productivity analysis in the Sao Francisco river basin, Brazil
by Teixeira, A.H. de C. & Bastiaanssen, W.G.M. & Bassoi, L.H.
- 43-53 Eutrophication study at the Panjiakou-Daheiting Reservoir system, northern Hebei Province, People's Republic of China: Chlorophyll-a model and sources of phosphorus and nitrogen
by Domagalski, Joseph & Lin, Chao & Luo, Yang & Kang, Jie & Wang, Shaoming & Brown, Larry R. & Munn, Mark D.
- 54-62 Effects of antecedent soil moisture on runoff and soil erosion in alley cropping systems
by Wei, Linhong & Zhang, Bin & Wang, Mingzhu
- 63-72 Use and impacts of the river basin game in implementing integrated water resources management in Mkoji sub-catchment in Tanzania
by Rajabu, Kossa R.M.
- 73-82 Estimation of excess water use in irrigated agriculture: A Data Envelopment Analysis approach
by Lilienfeld, Amy & Asmild, Mette
- 83-92 Fitting infiltration equations to centre-pivot irrigation data in a Mediterranean soil
by Silva, Luis Leopoldo
- 93-108 Modelling and multicriteria analysis of water saving scenarios for an irrigation district in the upper Yellow River Basin
by Goncalves, J.M. & Pereira, L.S. & Fang, S.X. & Dong, B.
- 109-116 Effects of irrigation and straw mulch on water use and tuber yield of potato in eastern India
by Kar, Gouranga & Kumar, Ashwani
2007, Volume 93, Issue 1-2
- 1-10 Dynamic optimization of watering Satsuma mandarin using neural networks and genetic algorithms
by Morimoto, T. & Ouchi, Y. & Shimizu, M. & Baloch, M.S.
- 11-18 Effects of soil tillage on runoff generation in a Mediterranean apricot orchard
by Abrisqueta, J.M. & Plana, V. & Mounzer, O.H. & Mendez, J. & Ruiz-Sanchez, M.C.
- 19-29 Predicting the impacts of climate change--A case study of paddy irrigation water requirements in Sri Lanka
by De Silva, C.S. & Weatherhead, E.K. & Knox, J.W. & Rodriguez-Diaz, J.A.
- 30-44 Simulating nitrogen leaching and turnover in a subsurface-drained grassland receiving animal manure in Northern Germany using DRAINMOD-N II
by Bechtold, Iris & Kohne, Sigrid & Youssef, Mohamed A. & Lennartz, Bernd & Skaggs, R. Wayne
- 45-53 Assessment of winter wheat production under early sowing with supplemental irrigation in a cold highland environment using CropSyst simulation model
by Benli, B. & Pala, M. & Stockle, C. & Oweis, T.
- 54-64 An approach to bridging yield gaps, combining response to water and other resource inputs for wheat in northern India, using research trials and farmers' fields data
by Kalra, Naveen & Chakraborty, Debashis & Ramesh Kumar, P. & Jolly, Monica & Sharma, P.K.
- 65-72 Effects of reclaimed wastewater irrigation on soil and tomato fruits: A case study in Sicily (Italy)
by Aiello, Rosa & Cirelli, Giuseppe Luigi & Consoli, Simona
- 73-80 Deficit irrigation of alfalfa as a strategy for providing water for water-short areas
by Hanson, Blaine & Putnam, Dan & Snyder, Richard
- 81-82 Arizona Water Policy, Management Innovations in an Urbanizing, Arid Region, Resources for the Future, Bonnie G. Colby, Katharine L. Jacobs (Eds.), 1616 P. Street, NW, Washington, D.C., USA (2006), 270 pp., cloth, Price US$65.00, ISBN: 1-933115-34-3
by Slack, Donald C.
- 83-82 R. Rausch, W. Schafer, R. Therrien and C. Wagner, Solute Transport Modeling: An Introduction to Models and Solution Strategies, Gebr. Borntraeger Verlagsbuchhandlung Science Publishers, Johnannesstrasse, 3A, D-070176 Stuttgart, Germany [Balogh International, 1911 N. Duncan Road, Champaign, IL 61822, USA] (2005) ISBN 3-443-01055-5 205 pp., Soft cover, Price: [euro]39.80
by Lee, Jaehoon
- 84-82 M.J. Haddadin, Editor, Water Resources in Jordan: Evolving Policies for Development, the Environment, and Conflict Resolution, Resources for the Future, Washington, DC, USA (2006) ISBN 1-933115-32-7 280 pp. (cloth, US$ 65.00)
by Ayars, James E.
2007, Volume 92, Issue 3
- 111-125 Twenty-five years modeling irrigated and drained soils: State of the art
by Bastiaanssen, W.G.M. & Allen, R.G. & Droogers, P. & D'Urso, G. & Steduto, P.
- 126-130 Subsurface drip irrigation of onions: Effects of drip tape emitter spacing on yield and quality
by Enciso, Juan & Jifon, John & Wiedenfeld, Bob
- 131-141 Challenges in implementing economic instruments to manage irrigation water on farms in southern Alberta
by Bjornlund, Henning & Nicol, Lorraine & Klein, K.K.
- 142-150 Simulating soil water flow and nitrogen dynamics in a sunflower field irrigated with reclaimed wastewater
by Rahil, M.H. & Antonopoulos, V.Z.
- 151-161 Effects of deficit irrigation on yield, water productivity, and economic returns of wheat
by Ali, M.H. & Hoque, M.R. & Hassan, A.A. & Khair, A.
- 162-170 Predicting effects of drainage water management in Iowa's subsurface drained landscapes
by Singh, R. & Helmers, M.J. & Crumpton, W.G. & Lemke, D.W.
- 171-182 Intra-annual variability in the contribution of tile drains to basin discharge and phosphorus export in a first-order agricultural catchment
by Macrae, M.L. & English, M.C. & Schiff, S.L. & Stone, M.
- 183-193 Ground-based remote sensing for assessing water and nitrogen status of broccoli
by El-Shikha, D.M. & Waller, P. & Hunsaker, D. & Clarke, T. & Barnes, E.
- 194-204 Soil random roughness and depression storage on coffee farms of varying shade levels
by Lin, Brenda B. & Richards, Paul L.
- 205-210 Contribution to irrigation from shallow water table under field conditions
by Babajimopoulos, C. & Panoras, A. & Georgoussis, H. & Arampatzis, G. & Hatzigiannakis, E. & Papamichail, D.
2007, Volume 92, Issue 1-2
- 1-12 Achieving a salt balance--Should it be a management objective?
by Thayalakumaran, T. & Bethune, M.G. & McMahon, T.A.
- 13-28 Determination of lower limits for irrigation management using in situ assessments of apparent crop water uptake made with volumetric soil water content sensors
by Thompson, R.B. & Gallardo, M. & Valdez, L.C. & Fernandez, M.D.
- 29-40 A novel approach for estimating the pan coefficient of irrigation water reservoirs: Application to South Eastern Spain
by Alvarez, V. Martinez & Gonzalez-Real, M.M. & Baille, A. & Martinez, J.M. Molina
- 41-47 Effects of different planting patterns on water use and yield performance of winter wheat in the Huang-Huai-Hai plain of China
by Zhang, Jiyang & Sun, Jingsheng & Duan, Aiwang & Wang, Jinglei & Shen, Xiaojun & Liu, Xiaofei
- 48-52 Sap flow, leaf area, net radiation and the Priestley-Taylor formula for irrigated orchards and isolated trees
by Pereira, Antonio Roberto & Green, Steve R. & Nova, Nilson Augusto Villa
- 53-63 Development of a simplified continuous simulation model for investigating long-term soil moisture fluctuations
by Nishat, S. & Guo, Y. & Baetz, B.W.
- 64-72 Hydrogeological assessment of serial biological concentration of salts to manage saline drainage
by Khan, S. & Abbas, A. & Blackwell, J. & Gabriel, H.F. & Ahmad, A.
- 73-80 Yield response factor to water (Ky) and water use efficiency of Carthamus tinctorius L. and Solanum melongena L
by Lovelli, S. & Perniola, M. & Ferrara, A. & Di Tommaso, T.
- 81-89 Scale effects on water use and water productivity in a rice-based irrigation system (UPRIIS) in the Philippines
by Hafeez, M.M. & Bouman, B.A.M. & Van de Giesen, N. & Vlek, P.
- 90-98 Impact of small dams on agriculture and groundwater development: A case study from Pakistan
by Ashraf, M. & Kahlown, M.A. & Ashfaq, A.
- 99-109 Simulating the effects of spatially variable irrigation on corn yields, costs, and revenue in Iowa
by DeJonge, Kendall C. & Kaleita, Amy L. & Thorp, Kelly R.
2007, Volume 91, Issue 1-3
- 1-10 Dynamic versus steady-state approaches to evaluate irrigation management of saline waters
by Letey, J. & Feng, G.L.
- 11-23 Making water productivity operational--A concept of agricultural water productivity exemplified at a wheat-maize cropping pattern in the North China plain
by Bluemling, Bettina & Yang, Hong & Pahl-Wostl, Claudia
- 24-32 Irrigation management and rootstock effects on navel orange [Citrus sinensis (L.) Osbeck] fruit quality
by Treeby, M.T. & Henriod, R.E. & Bevington, K.B. & Milne, D.J. & Storey, R.
- 33-42 Evaluation of FAO-56 crop coefficient procedures for deficit irrigation management of cotton in a humid climate
by Suleiman, Ayman A. & Tojo Soler, Cecilia M. & Hoogenboom, Gerrit
- 43-50 Erosion control practices integrated with polyacrylamide for nutrient reduction in rill irrigation runoff
by Szogi, A.A. & Leib, B.G. & Redulla, C.A. & Stevens, R.G. & Mathews, G.R. & Strausz, D.A.
- 51-60 Assessing deficit irrigation strategies at the level of an irrigation district
by Lorite, I.J. & Mateos, L. & Orgaz, F. & Fereres, E.
- 61-70 Economic evaluation of small multi-purpose ponds in the Zhanghe irrigation system, China
by Mushtaq, Shahbaz & Dawe, David & Hafeez, Mohsin
- 71-77 The falaj irrigation system and water allocation markets in Northern Oman
by Al-Marshudi, Ahmed Salim
- 78-85 Nitrite accumulation in coastal clay soil of India under inadequate subsurface drainage
by Singh, Man & Pabbi, Sunil & Bhattacharya, A.K. & Singh, A.K.
- 86-91 Effects of temperature increase on water use and crop yields in a pea-spring wheat-potato rotation
by Xiao, Guoju & Zhang, Qiang & Yao, Yubi & Yang, Shengmao & Wang, Runyuan & Xiong, Youcai & Sun, Zhaojun
- 92-101 Energy balance measurements and a simple model for estimating pecan water use efficiency
by Wang, Junming & Miller, David R. & Sammis, Ted W. & Gutschick, Vince P. & Simmons, Luke J. & Andales, Allan A.
- 102-111 Interactions between salinity and irrigation frequency in greenhouse pepper grown in closed-cycle hydroponic systems
by Savvas, D. & Stamati, E. & Tsirogiannis, I.L. & Mantzos, N. & Barouchas, P.E. & Katsoulas, N. & Kittas, C.
- 112-111 T.V. Cech, Principles of Water Resources: History, Development, Management and Policy, John Wiley & Sons, Inc., 605 Third Avenue, New York, NY, USA (2005) ISBN 0-471-43861-8 446 pp., cloth: alk. paper, US$ 98.95
by Dumedah, Gift
- 113-111 N.E. Bassam and P. Maegaard, Integrated Renewable Energy for Rural Communities: Planning Guidelines, Technologies and Applications, Elsevier BV, Sara Burgerhartstraut 25, Amsterdam, The Netherlands (2004) US$ 119, 336 pp., hardback, ISBN 0-444-51014-1
by Vick, Brian D.
2007, Volume 90, Issue 3
- 165-180 Leaching requirement for soil salinity control: Steady-state versus transient models
by Corwin, Dennis L. & Rhoades, James D. & Simunek, Jirka
- 181-189 Effect of modern irrigation methods on growth and energy production of sweet sorghum (var. Keller) on a dry year in Central Greece
by Sakellariou-Makrantonaki, M. & Papalexis, D. & Nakos, N. & Kalavrouziotis, I.K.
- 190-196 Effect of water deficit in different growth stages on stem sap flux of greenhouse grown pear-jujube tree
by Ma, Fusheng & Kang, Shaozhong & Li, Fusheng & Zhang, Jianhua & Du, Taisheng & Hu, Xiaotao & Wang, Mixia
- 197-204 Scheduling deficit irrigation of citrus trees with maximum daily trunk shrinkage
by Velez, J.E. & Intrigliolo, D.S. & Castel, J.R.
- 205-212 Evaluation of a crop water stress index for irrigation scheduling of bermudagrass
by Emekli, Yasar & Bastug, Ruhi & Buyuktas, Dursun & Emekli, Nefise Yasemin
- 213-223 Evapotranspiration, seed yield and water use efficiency of drip irrigated sunflower under full and deficit irrigation conditions
by Karam, Fadi & Lahoud, Rafic & Masaad, Randa & Kabalan, Rabih & Breidi, Joelle & Chalita, Claude & Rouphael, Youssef
- 224-232 Effects of planting density on the productivity and water use of tea (Camellia sinensis L.) clones: I. Measurement of water use in young tea using sap flow meters with a stem heat balance method
by Kigalu, Julius M.
2007, Volume 90, Issue 1-2
- 1-12 Perceptions, practices, principles and policies in provision of livestock water in Africa
by Wilson, R. Trevor
- 13-26 Evaluation of drip irrigation: Selection of emitters and hydraulic characterization of trapezoidal units
by Juana, Luis & Rodriguez-Sinobas, Leonor & Sanchez, Raul & Losada, Alberto
- 27-35 Assessing the impact of flow regulators with a pressure-driven performance analysis model
by Lamaddalena, Nicola & Pereira, Luis Santos
- 36-44 Pressure-driven modeling for performance analysis of irrigation systems operating on demand
by Lamaddalena, Nicola & Pereira, Luis Santos
- 45-55 Crop-yield/water-use production functions of potatoes (Solanum tuberosum, L.) grown under differential nitrogen and irrigation treatments in a hot, dry climate
by Ferreira, T.C. & Goncalves, D.A.
- 56-62 Effect of seasonal water stress on soybean and site specific evaluation of CROPGRO-Soybean model under semi-arid climatic conditions
by Dogan, Ergun & Kirnak, Halil & Copur, Osman
- 63-74 Effect of drip irrigation with saline water on tomato (Lycopersicon esculentum Mill) yield and water use in semi-humid area
by Wan, Shuqin & Kang, Yaohu & Wang, Dan & Liu, Shi-Ping & Feng, Li-Ping
- 75-86 Development of the HSPF-Paddy model to estimate watershed pollutant loads in paddy farming regions
by Jeon, Ji-Hong & Yoon, Chun G. & Donigian, Anthony Jr. & Jung, Kwang-Wook
- 87-94 The effects of treated wastewater on soil chemical properties using subsurface and surface irrigation methods
by Heidarpour, M. & Mostafazadeh-Fard, B. & Abedi Koupai, J. & Malekian, R.
- 95-100 Optimizing soil moisture regime to increase water use efficiency of sugarcane (Saccharum spp. hybrid complex) in subtropical India
by Singh, P.N. & Shukla, S.K. & Bhatnagar, V.K.
- 101-111 Impact of drip fertigation on productivity of arecanut (Areca catechu L.)
by Bhat, Ravi & Sujatha, S. & Balasimha, D.
- 112-120 Water use efficiency of irrigated cotton in Uzbekistan under drip and furrow irrigation
by Ibragimov, Nazirbay & Evett, Steven R. & Esanbekov, Yusupbek & Kamilov, Bakhtiyor S. & Mirzaev, Lutfullo & Lamers, John P.A.
- 121-136 Using RZWQM to simulate the fate of nitrogen in field soil-crop environment in the Mediterranean region
by Cameira, M.R. & Fernando, R.M. & Ahuja, L.R. & Ma, L.
- 137-148 Soil water balance of annual crop-native shrub systems in Senegal's Peanut Basin: The missing link
by Kizito, F. & Sene, M. & Dragila, M.I. & Lufafa, A. & Diedhiou, I. & Dossa, E. & Cuenca, R. & Selker, J. & Dick, R.P.
- 149-159 Reservoir operation in assigning optimal multi-crop irrigation areas
by Moradi-Jalal, Mahdi & Bozorg Haddad, Omid & Karney, Bryan W. & Marino, Miguel A.
- 160-163 Wetting front advance patterns and water losses by deep percolation under the root zone as influenced by pulsed drip irrigation
by Elmaloglou, S. & Diamantopoulos, E.
2007, Volume 89, Issue 3
- 173-184 The use of the scintillation technique for monitoring seasonal water consumption of olive orchards in a semi-arid region
by Ezzahar, J. & Chehbouni, A. & Hoedjes, J.C.B. & Er-Raki, S. & Chehbouni, Ah. & Boulet, G. & Bonnefond, J.-M. & De Bruin, H.A.R.
- 185-198 A spatial reasoning approach to estimating paddy rice water demand in Hwanghaenam-do, North Korea
by Jang, Min-Won & Choi, Jin-Yong & Lee, Jeong-Jae
- 199-207 Irrigation water use estimates based on crop simulation models and kriging
by Guerra, L.C. & Garcia y Garcia, A. & Hook, J.E. & Harrison, K.A. & Thomas, D.L. & Stooksbury, D.E. & Hoogenboom, G.
- 208-216 Evaluating a multi-level subsurface drainage system for improved drainage water quality
by Hornbuckle, J.W. & Christen, E.W. & Faulkner, R.D.
- 217-228 Modelling seawater intrusion in the Burdekin Delta Irrigation Area, North Queensland, Australia
by Narayan, Kumar A. & Schleeberger, Carsten & Bristow, Keith L.
- 229-235 Can soil bunds increase the production of rain-fed lowland rice in south eastern Tanzania?
by Raes, D. & Kafiriti, E.M. & Wellens, J. & Deckers, J. & Maertens, A. & Mugogo, S. & Dondeyne, S. & Descheemaeker, K.