Agricultural Water Management
2008, Volume 95, Issue 3
- 271-282 Representation of rainfed valley ricefields using a soil-water balance model
by de Silva, C. Shanthi & Rushton, K.R.
- 283-291 Sugarcane growth and yield responses to a 3-month summer flood
by Gilbert, R.A. & Rainbolt, C.R. & Morris, D.R. & McCray, J.M.
- 292-300 Soil water in relation to irrigation, water uptake and potato yield in a humid climate
by Starr, G.C. & Rowland, D. & Griffin, T.S. & Olanya, O.M.
- 301-308 Evapotranspiration of "Superior" grapevines under intermittent irrigation
by Azevedo, Pedro Vieira de & Soares, Jose Monteiro & Silva, Vicente de Paulo Rodrigues da & Silva, Bernardo Barbosa da & Nascimento, Tarcizio
- 309-321 Improvement of FAO-56 method for olive orchards through sequential assimilation of thermal infrared-based estimates of ET
by Er-Raki, S. & Chehbouni, A. & Hoedjes, J. & Ezzahar, J. & Duchemin, B. & Jacob, F.
- 322-330 Unrestricted cattle access to streams and water quality in till landscape of the Midwest
by Vidon, Philippe & Campbell, Marie A. & Gray, Mark
- 331-338 Mutual monitoring in a tradable water rights system: A case study of Zhangye City in Northwest China
by Zhang, Jun-Lian & Zhang, Feng-Rong
2008, Volume 95, Issue 2
- 89-102 Increasing water productivity of irrigated crops under limited water supply at field scale
by Vazifedoust, M. & van Dam, J.C. & Feddes, R.A. & Feizi, M.
- 103-115 Geochemical conditions in groundwater systems: Implications for the attenuation of agricultural nitrate
by Thayalakumaran, Thabo & Bristow, Keith L. & Charlesworth, Philip B. & Fass, Thorsten
- 116-122 Influence of single and multiple water application timings on yield and water use efficiency in tomato (var. First power)
by Ismail, Saleh M. & Ozawa, Kiyoshi & Khondaker, Nur A.
- 123-132 A distributed agro-hydrological model for irrigation water demand assessment
by Minacapilli, M. & Iovino, M. & D'Urso, G.
- 133-142 Assessing ground water quality in the irrigated plain of Triffa (north-east Morocco)
by Fetouani, S. & Sbaa, M. & Vanclooster, M. & Bendra, B.
- 143-153 Effects of wastewater irrigation on soil sodicity and nutrient leaching in calcareous soils
by Jalali, M. & Merikhpour, H. & Kaledhonkar, M.J. & Van Der Zee, S.E.A.T.M.
- 154-162 Performance analysis of pressurized irrigation systems operating on-demand using flow-driven simulation models
by Calejo, M.J. & Lamaddalena, N. & Teixeira, J.L. & Pereira, L.S.
- 163-170 Minimisation or remediation: A cost benefit comparison of two approaches for managing irrigation-induced deep percolation
by Bethune, M. & Wang, Q.J. & Gyles, O.
2008, Volume 95, Issue 1
- 1-10 Managing salinity and waterlogging in the Indus Basin of Pakistan
by Qureshi, A.S. & McCornick, P.G. & Qadir, M. & Aslam, Z.
- 11-24 Integrating remote sensing and a process-based hydrological model to evaluate water use and productivity in a south Indian catchment
by Immerzeel, W.W. & Gaur, A. & Zwart, S.J.
- 25-34 Response of cotton to various levels of nitrogen and water applied to normal and paired sown cotton under drip irrigation in relation to check-basin
by Thind, H.S. & Aujla, M.S. & Buttar, G.S.
- 35-47 A cross disciplinary framework for linking farms with regional groundwater and salinity management targets
by Khan, Shahbaz & Rana, Tariq & Hanjra, Munir A.
- 48-58 Spectral vegetation indices for benchmarking water productivity of irrigated cotton and sugarbeet crops
by Gonzalez-Dugo, M.P. & Mateos, L.
- 59-68 The water transfer effects on agricultural development in the lower Tarim River, Xinjiang of China
by Xu, Hailiang & Ye, Mao & Li, Jimei
- 69-76 Yield and growth characteristics for cotton under various irrigation regimes on sandy soil
by DeTar, W.R.
- 77-84 Radiation calibration of FAO56 Penman-Monteith model to estimate reference crop evapotranspiration in China
by Yin, Yunhe & Wu, Shaohong & Zheng, Du & Yang, Qinye
- 85-88 Effects of irrigation water salinity and electrostatic water treatment for sugarcane production
by Wiedenfeld, Bob
2007, Volume 94, Issue 1-3
- 1-10 Evaluation of selected crop water production functions for an irrigated maize crop
by Igbadun, Henry E. & Tarimo, Andrew K.P.R. & Salim, Baanda A. & Mahoo, Henry F.
- 11-21 Calibrating and validating an agrohydrological model to simulate sugarbeet water use under mediterranean conditions
by Utset, Angel & Velicia, Herminio & del Rio, Blanca & Morillo, Rodrigo & Centeno, Jose Antonio & Martinez, Juan Carlos
- 22-30 Analyzing wheat productivity responses to climatic, irrigation and fertilizer-nitrogen regimes in a semi-arid sub-tropical environment using the CERES-Wheat model
by Arora, V.K. & Singh, Harbakhshinder & Singh, Bijay
- 31-42 Crop water parameters of irrigated wine and table grapes to support water productivity analysis in the Sao Francisco river basin, Brazil
by Teixeira, A.H. de C. & Bastiaanssen, W.G.M. & Bassoi, L.H.
- 43-53 Eutrophication study at the Panjiakou-Daheiting Reservoir system, northern Hebei Province, People's Republic of China: Chlorophyll-a model and sources of phosphorus and nitrogen
by Domagalski, Joseph & Lin, Chao & Luo, Yang & Kang, Jie & Wang, Shaoming & Brown, Larry R. & Munn, Mark D.
- 54-62 Effects of antecedent soil moisture on runoff and soil erosion in alley cropping systems
by Wei, Linhong & Zhang, Bin & Wang, Mingzhu
- 63-72 Use and impacts of the river basin game in implementing integrated water resources management in Mkoji sub-catchment in Tanzania
by Rajabu, Kossa R.M.
- 73-82 Estimation of excess water use in irrigated agriculture: A Data Envelopment Analysis approach
by Lilienfeld, Amy & Asmild, Mette
- 83-92 Fitting infiltration equations to centre-pivot irrigation data in a Mediterranean soil
by Silva, Luis Leopoldo
- 93-108 Modelling and multicriteria analysis of water saving scenarios for an irrigation district in the upper Yellow River Basin
by Goncalves, J.M. & Pereira, L.S. & Fang, S.X. & Dong, B.
- 109-116 Effects of irrigation and straw mulch on water use and tuber yield of potato in eastern India
by Kar, Gouranga & Kumar, Ashwani
2007, Volume 93, Issue 1-2
- 1-10 Dynamic optimization of watering Satsuma mandarin using neural networks and genetic algorithms
by Morimoto, T. & Ouchi, Y. & Shimizu, M. & Baloch, M.S.
- 11-18 Effects of soil tillage on runoff generation in a Mediterranean apricot orchard
by Abrisqueta, J.M. & Plana, V. & Mounzer, O.H. & Mendez, J. & Ruiz-Sanchez, M.C.
- 19-29 Predicting the impacts of climate change--A case study of paddy irrigation water requirements in Sri Lanka
by De Silva, C.S. & Weatherhead, E.K. & Knox, J.W. & Rodriguez-Diaz, J.A.
- 30-44 Simulating nitrogen leaching and turnover in a subsurface-drained grassland receiving animal manure in Northern Germany using DRAINMOD-N II
by Bechtold, Iris & Kohne, Sigrid & Youssef, Mohamed A. & Lennartz, Bernd & Skaggs, R. Wayne
- 45-53 Assessment of winter wheat production under early sowing with supplemental irrigation in a cold highland environment using CropSyst simulation model
by Benli, B. & Pala, M. & Stockle, C. & Oweis, T.
- 54-64 An approach to bridging yield gaps, combining response to water and other resource inputs for wheat in northern India, using research trials and farmers' fields data
by Kalra, Naveen & Chakraborty, Debashis & Ramesh Kumar, P. & Jolly, Monica & Sharma, P.K.
- 65-72 Effects of reclaimed wastewater irrigation on soil and tomato fruits: A case study in Sicily (Italy)
by Aiello, Rosa & Cirelli, Giuseppe Luigi & Consoli, Simona
- 73-80 Deficit irrigation of alfalfa as a strategy for providing water for water-short areas
by Hanson, Blaine & Putnam, Dan & Snyder, Richard
- 81-82 Arizona Water Policy, Management Innovations in an Urbanizing, Arid Region, Resources for the Future, Bonnie G. Colby, Katharine L. Jacobs (Eds.), 1616 P. Street, NW, Washington, D.C., USA (2006), 270 pp., cloth, Price US$65.00, ISBN: 1-933115-34-3
by Slack, Donald C.
- 83-82 R. Rausch, W. Schafer, R. Therrien and C. Wagner, Solute Transport Modeling: An Introduction to Models and Solution Strategies, Gebr. Borntraeger Verlagsbuchhandlung Science Publishers, Johnannesstrasse, 3A, D-070176 Stuttgart, Germany [Balogh International, 1911 N. Duncan Road, Champaign, IL 61822, USA] (2005) ISBN 3-443-01055-5 205 pp., Soft cover, Price: [euro]39.80
by Lee, Jaehoon
- 84-82 M.J. Haddadin, Editor, Water Resources in Jordan: Evolving Policies for Development, the Environment, and Conflict Resolution, Resources for the Future, Washington, DC, USA (2006) ISBN 1-933115-32-7 280 pp. (cloth, US$ 65.00)
by Ayars, James E.
2007, Volume 92, Issue 3
- 111-125 Twenty-five years modeling irrigated and drained soils: State of the art
by Bastiaanssen, W.G.M. & Allen, R.G. & Droogers, P. & D'Urso, G. & Steduto, P.
- 126-130 Subsurface drip irrigation of onions: Effects of drip tape emitter spacing on yield and quality
by Enciso, Juan & Jifon, John & Wiedenfeld, Bob
- 131-141 Challenges in implementing economic instruments to manage irrigation water on farms in southern Alberta
by Bjornlund, Henning & Nicol, Lorraine & Klein, K.K.
- 142-150 Simulating soil water flow and nitrogen dynamics in a sunflower field irrigated with reclaimed wastewater
by Rahil, M.H. & Antonopoulos, V.Z.
- 151-161 Effects of deficit irrigation on yield, water productivity, and economic returns of wheat
by Ali, M.H. & Hoque, M.R. & Hassan, A.A. & Khair, A.
- 162-170 Predicting effects of drainage water management in Iowa's subsurface drained landscapes
by Singh, R. & Helmers, M.J. & Crumpton, W.G. & Lemke, D.W.
- 171-182 Intra-annual variability in the contribution of tile drains to basin discharge and phosphorus export in a first-order agricultural catchment
by Macrae, M.L. & English, M.C. & Schiff, S.L. & Stone, M.
- 183-193 Ground-based remote sensing for assessing water and nitrogen status of broccoli
by El-Shikha, D.M. & Waller, P. & Hunsaker, D. & Clarke, T. & Barnes, E.
- 194-204 Soil random roughness and depression storage on coffee farms of varying shade levels
by Lin, Brenda B. & Richards, Paul L.
- 205-210 Contribution to irrigation from shallow water table under field conditions
by Babajimopoulos, C. & Panoras, A. & Georgoussis, H. & Arampatzis, G. & Hatzigiannakis, E. & Papamichail, D.
2007, Volume 92, Issue 1-2
- 1-12 Achieving a salt balance--Should it be a management objective?
by Thayalakumaran, T. & Bethune, M.G. & McMahon, T.A.
- 13-28 Determination of lower limits for irrigation management using in situ assessments of apparent crop water uptake made with volumetric soil water content sensors
by Thompson, R.B. & Gallardo, M. & Valdez, L.C. & Fernandez, M.D.
- 29-40 A novel approach for estimating the pan coefficient of irrigation water reservoirs: Application to South Eastern Spain
by Alvarez, V. Martinez & Gonzalez-Real, M.M. & Baille, A. & Martinez, J.M. Molina
- 41-47 Effects of different planting patterns on water use and yield performance of winter wheat in the Huang-Huai-Hai plain of China
by Zhang, Jiyang & Sun, Jingsheng & Duan, Aiwang & Wang, Jinglei & Shen, Xiaojun & Liu, Xiaofei
- 48-52 Sap flow, leaf area, net radiation and the Priestley-Taylor formula for irrigated orchards and isolated trees
by Pereira, Antonio Roberto & Green, Steve R. & Nova, Nilson Augusto Villa
- 53-63 Development of a simplified continuous simulation model for investigating long-term soil moisture fluctuations
by Nishat, S. & Guo, Y. & Baetz, B.W.
- 64-72 Hydrogeological assessment of serial biological concentration of salts to manage saline drainage
by Khan, S. & Abbas, A. & Blackwell, J. & Gabriel, H.F. & Ahmad, A.
- 73-80 Yield response factor to water (Ky) and water use efficiency of Carthamus tinctorius L. and Solanum melongena L
by Lovelli, S. & Perniola, M. & Ferrara, A. & Di Tommaso, T.
- 81-89 Scale effects on water use and water productivity in a rice-based irrigation system (UPRIIS) in the Philippines
by Hafeez, M.M. & Bouman, B.A.M. & Van de Giesen, N. & Vlek, P.
- 90-98 Impact of small dams on agriculture and groundwater development: A case study from Pakistan
by Ashraf, M. & Kahlown, M.A. & Ashfaq, A.
- 99-109 Simulating the effects of spatially variable irrigation on corn yields, costs, and revenue in Iowa
by DeJonge, Kendall C. & Kaleita, Amy L. & Thorp, Kelly R.
2007, Volume 91, Issue 1-3
- 1-10 Dynamic versus steady-state approaches to evaluate irrigation management of saline waters
by Letey, J. & Feng, G.L.
- 11-23 Making water productivity operational--A concept of agricultural water productivity exemplified at a wheat-maize cropping pattern in the North China plain
by Bluemling, Bettina & Yang, Hong & Pahl-Wostl, Claudia
- 24-32 Irrigation management and rootstock effects on navel orange [Citrus sinensis (L.) Osbeck] fruit quality
by Treeby, M.T. & Henriod, R.E. & Bevington, K.B. & Milne, D.J. & Storey, R.
- 33-42 Evaluation of FAO-56 crop coefficient procedures for deficit irrigation management of cotton in a humid climate
by Suleiman, Ayman A. & Tojo Soler, Cecilia M. & Hoogenboom, Gerrit
- 43-50 Erosion control practices integrated with polyacrylamide for nutrient reduction in rill irrigation runoff
by Szogi, A.A. & Leib, B.G. & Redulla, C.A. & Stevens, R.G. & Mathews, G.R. & Strausz, D.A.
- 51-60 Assessing deficit irrigation strategies at the level of an irrigation district
by Lorite, I.J. & Mateos, L. & Orgaz, F. & Fereres, E.
- 61-70 Economic evaluation of small multi-purpose ponds in the Zhanghe irrigation system, China
by Mushtaq, Shahbaz & Dawe, David & Hafeez, Mohsin
- 71-77 The falaj irrigation system and water allocation markets in Northern Oman
by Al-Marshudi, Ahmed Salim
- 78-85 Nitrite accumulation in coastal clay soil of India under inadequate subsurface drainage
by Singh, Man & Pabbi, Sunil & Bhattacharya, A.K. & Singh, A.K.
- 86-91 Effects of temperature increase on water use and crop yields in a pea-spring wheat-potato rotation
by Xiao, Guoju & Zhang, Qiang & Yao, Yubi & Yang, Shengmao & Wang, Runyuan & Xiong, Youcai & Sun, Zhaojun
- 92-101 Energy balance measurements and a simple model for estimating pecan water use efficiency
by Wang, Junming & Miller, David R. & Sammis, Ted W. & Gutschick, Vince P. & Simmons, Luke J. & Andales, Allan A.
- 102-111 Interactions between salinity and irrigation frequency in greenhouse pepper grown in closed-cycle hydroponic systems
by Savvas, D. & Stamati, E. & Tsirogiannis, I.L. & Mantzos, N. & Barouchas, P.E. & Katsoulas, N. & Kittas, C.
- 112-111 T.V. Cech, Principles of Water Resources: History, Development, Management and Policy, John Wiley & Sons, Inc., 605 Third Avenue, New York, NY, USA (2005) ISBN 0-471-43861-8 446 pp., cloth: alk. paper, US$ 98.95
by Dumedah, Gift
- 113-111 N.E. Bassam and P. Maegaard, Integrated Renewable Energy for Rural Communities: Planning Guidelines, Technologies and Applications, Elsevier BV, Sara Burgerhartstraut 25, Amsterdam, The Netherlands (2004) US$ 119, 336 pp., hardback, ISBN 0-444-51014-1
by Vick, Brian D.
2007, Volume 90, Issue 3
- 165-180 Leaching requirement for soil salinity control: Steady-state versus transient models
by Corwin, Dennis L. & Rhoades, James D. & Simunek, Jirka
- 181-189 Effect of modern irrigation methods on growth and energy production of sweet sorghum (var. Keller) on a dry year in Central Greece
by Sakellariou-Makrantonaki, M. & Papalexis, D. & Nakos, N. & Kalavrouziotis, I.K.
- 190-196 Effect of water deficit in different growth stages on stem sap flux of greenhouse grown pear-jujube tree
by Ma, Fusheng & Kang, Shaozhong & Li, Fusheng & Zhang, Jianhua & Du, Taisheng & Hu, Xiaotao & Wang, Mixia
- 197-204 Scheduling deficit irrigation of citrus trees with maximum daily trunk shrinkage
by Velez, J.E. & Intrigliolo, D.S. & Castel, J.R.
- 205-212 Evaluation of a crop water stress index for irrigation scheduling of bermudagrass
by Emekli, Yasar & Bastug, Ruhi & Buyuktas, Dursun & Emekli, Nefise Yasemin
- 213-223 Evapotranspiration, seed yield and water use efficiency of drip irrigated sunflower under full and deficit irrigation conditions
by Karam, Fadi & Lahoud, Rafic & Masaad, Randa & Kabalan, Rabih & Breidi, Joelle & Chalita, Claude & Rouphael, Youssef
- 224-232 Effects of planting density on the productivity and water use of tea (Camellia sinensis L.) clones: I. Measurement of water use in young tea using sap flow meters with a stem heat balance method
by Kigalu, Julius M.
2007, Volume 90, Issue 1-2
- 1-12 Perceptions, practices, principles and policies in provision of livestock water in Africa
by Wilson, R. Trevor
- 13-26 Evaluation of drip irrigation: Selection of emitters and hydraulic characterization of trapezoidal units
by Juana, Luis & Rodriguez-Sinobas, Leonor & Sanchez, Raul & Losada, Alberto
- 27-35 Assessing the impact of flow regulators with a pressure-driven performance analysis model
by Lamaddalena, Nicola & Pereira, Luis Santos
- 36-44 Pressure-driven modeling for performance analysis of irrigation systems operating on demand
by Lamaddalena, Nicola & Pereira, Luis Santos
- 45-55 Crop-yield/water-use production functions of potatoes (Solanum tuberosum, L.) grown under differential nitrogen and irrigation treatments in a hot, dry climate
by Ferreira, T.C. & Goncalves, D.A.
- 56-62 Effect of seasonal water stress on soybean and site specific evaluation of CROPGRO-Soybean model under semi-arid climatic conditions
by Dogan, Ergun & Kirnak, Halil & Copur, Osman
- 63-74 Effect of drip irrigation with saline water on tomato (Lycopersicon esculentum Mill) yield and water use in semi-humid area
by Wan, Shuqin & Kang, Yaohu & Wang, Dan & Liu, Shi-Ping & Feng, Li-Ping
- 75-86 Development of the HSPF-Paddy model to estimate watershed pollutant loads in paddy farming regions
by Jeon, Ji-Hong & Yoon, Chun G. & Donigian, Anthony Jr. & Jung, Kwang-Wook
- 87-94 The effects of treated wastewater on soil chemical properties using subsurface and surface irrigation methods
by Heidarpour, M. & Mostafazadeh-Fard, B. & Abedi Koupai, J. & Malekian, R.
- 95-100 Optimizing soil moisture regime to increase water use efficiency of sugarcane (Saccharum spp. hybrid complex) in subtropical India
by Singh, P.N. & Shukla, S.K. & Bhatnagar, V.K.
- 101-111 Impact of drip fertigation on productivity of arecanut (Areca catechu L.)
by Bhat, Ravi & Sujatha, S. & Balasimha, D.
- 112-120 Water use efficiency of irrigated cotton in Uzbekistan under drip and furrow irrigation
by Ibragimov, Nazirbay & Evett, Steven R. & Esanbekov, Yusupbek & Kamilov, Bakhtiyor S. & Mirzaev, Lutfullo & Lamers, John P.A.
- 121-136 Using RZWQM to simulate the fate of nitrogen in field soil-crop environment in the Mediterranean region
by Cameira, M.R. & Fernando, R.M. & Ahuja, L.R. & Ma, L.
- 137-148 Soil water balance of annual crop-native shrub systems in Senegal's Peanut Basin: The missing link
by Kizito, F. & Sene, M. & Dragila, M.I. & Lufafa, A. & Diedhiou, I. & Dossa, E. & Cuenca, R. & Selker, J. & Dick, R.P.
- 149-159 Reservoir operation in assigning optimal multi-crop irrigation areas
by Moradi-Jalal, Mahdi & Bozorg Haddad, Omid & Karney, Bryan W. & Marino, Miguel A.
- 160-163 Wetting front advance patterns and water losses by deep percolation under the root zone as influenced by pulsed drip irrigation
by Elmaloglou, S. & Diamantopoulos, E.
2007, Volume 89, Issue 3
- 173-184 The use of the scintillation technique for monitoring seasonal water consumption of olive orchards in a semi-arid region
by Ezzahar, J. & Chehbouni, A. & Hoedjes, J.C.B. & Er-Raki, S. & Chehbouni, Ah. & Boulet, G. & Bonnefond, J.-M. & De Bruin, H.A.R.
- 185-198 A spatial reasoning approach to estimating paddy rice water demand in Hwanghaenam-do, North Korea
by Jang, Min-Won & Choi, Jin-Yong & Lee, Jeong-Jae
- 199-207 Irrigation water use estimates based on crop simulation models and kriging
by Guerra, L.C. & Garcia y Garcia, A. & Hook, J.E. & Harrison, K.A. & Thomas, D.L. & Stooksbury, D.E. & Hoogenboom, G.
- 208-216 Evaluating a multi-level subsurface drainage system for improved drainage water quality
by Hornbuckle, J.W. & Christen, E.W. & Faulkner, R.D.
- 217-228 Modelling seawater intrusion in the Burdekin Delta Irrigation Area, North Queensland, Australia
by Narayan, Kumar A. & Schleeberger, Carsten & Bristow, Keith L.
- 229-235 Can soil bunds increase the production of rain-fed lowland rice in south eastern Tanzania?
by Raes, D. & Kafiriti, E.M. & Wellens, J. & Deckers, J. & Maertens, A. & Mugogo, S. & Dondeyne, S. & Descheemaeker, K.
- 236-242 Effect of timing of first and last irrigation on the yield and water use efficiency in cotton
by Buttar, G.S. & Aujla, M.S. & Thind, H.S. & Singh, C.J. & Saini, K.S.
- 243-250 Econometric analysis of the determinants of adoption of rainwater harvesting and supplementary irrigation technology (RHSIT) in the semiarid Loess Plateau of China
by He, Xue-Feng & Cao, Huhua & Li, Feng-Min
- 251-260 Analysis of on-farm irrigation performance in Mediterranean greenhouses
by Fernandez, M.D. & Gonzalez, A.M. & Carreno, J. & Perez, C. & Bonachela, S.
- 261-274 Identification of irrigation and N management practices that contribute to nitrate leaching loss from an intensive vegetable production system by use of a comprehensive survey
by Thompson, R.B. & Martinez-Gaitan, C. & Gallardo, M. & Gimenez, C. & Fernandez, M.D.
- 275-286 Measuring versus estimating net radiation and soil heat flux: Impact on Penman-Monteith reference ET estimates in semiarid regions
by Gavilan, Pedro & Berengena, Joaquin & Allen, Richard G.
- 287-296 SEBAL for detecting spatial variation of water productivity and scope for improvement in eight irrigated wheat systems
by Zwart, Sander J. & Bastiaanssen, Wim G.M.
- 297-304 The effect of irrigation schedules on the water relations and growth of a young olive (Olea europaea L.) orchard
by Perez-Lopez, D. & Ribas, F. & Moriana, A. & Olmedilla, N. & de Juan, A.
2007, Volume 89, Issue 1-2
- 1-14 Climate and irrigation water use of a mountain oasis in northern Oman
by Siebert, Stefan & Nagieb, Maher & Buerkert, Andreas
- 15-28 Modelling of nitrogen leaching from experimental onion field under drip fertigation
by Ajdary, Khalil & Singh, D.K. & Singh, A.K. & Khanna, Manoj
- 29-38 The influence of farm landscape shape on the impact and management of dryland salinity
by Kingwell, Ross & John, Michele
- 39-48 A field experiment on spectrometry of crop response to soil salinity
by Leone, A.P. & Menenti, M. & Buondonno, A. & Letizia, A. & Maffei, C. & Sorrentino, G.
- 49-58 Role of plant height in the submergence tolerance of rice: A simulation analysis using an empirical model
by Kotera, Akihiko & Nawata, Eiji
- 59-70 Low-cost drip irrigation--A suitable technology for southern Africa?: An example with tomatoes using saline irrigation water
by Karlberg, Louise & Rockstrom, Johan & Annandale, John G. & Steyn, J. Martin
- 71-80 Water table management impacts on phosphorus loads in tile drainage
by Sanchez Valero, Caroline & Madramootoo, Chandra A. & Stampfli, Nicolas
- 81-88 Using spatial information systems to improve water management in Mexico
by Ojeda-Bustamante, Waldo & Gonzalez-Camacho, Juan Manuel & Sifuentes-Ibarra, Ernesto & Isidro, Esteban & Rendon-Pimentel, Luis
- 89-97 Effects of hydrological processes on nitrogen loss in purple soil
by Jia, Haiyan & Lei, Alin & Lei, Junshan & Ye, Min & Zhao, Jingzhu
- 98-104 The most economical irrigation amount and evapotranspiration of the turfgrasses in Beijing City, China
by Zhang, Xinmin & Hu, Lin & Bian, Xiuju & Zhao, Bingxiang & Chai, Fahe & Sun, Xinzhang
- 105-115 Chemical effects on the soil-plant system in a secondary treated wastewater irrigated coffee plantation--A pilot field study in Brazil
by Herpin, Uwe & Gloaguen, Thomas Vincent & da Fonseca, Adriel Ferreira & Montes, Celia Regina & Mendonca, Fernando Campos & Piveli, Roque Passos & Breulmann, Gerhard & Forti, Maria Cristina & Melfi, Adolpho Jose
- 116-122 Quantifying the effects of advection on canopy energy budgets and water use efficiency in an irrigated wheat field in the North China Plain
by Li, Longhui & Yu, Qiang
- 123-130 Stochastic simulation of water drainage at the field scale and its application to irrigation management
by Hu, Kelin & White, Robert & Chen, Deli & Li, Baoguo & Li, Weidong
- 131-136 Optimal dates for regulated deficit irrigation in `Algerie' loquat (Eriobotrya japonica Lindl.) cultivated in Southeast Spain
by Cuevas, Julian & Canete, Maria L. & Pinillos, Virginia & Zapata, Antonio J. & Fernandez, Maria D. & Gonzalez, Monica & Hueso, Juan J.
- 137-147 Increased nitrogen use efficiencies as a key mitigation alternative to reduce nitrate leaching in north china plain
by Li, Xiaoxin & Hu, Chunsheng & Delgado, Jorge A. & Zhang, Yuming & Ouyang, Zhiyun
- 148-152 Regulated deficit irrigation scheduling of onion in a semiarid region of Ethiopia
by Bekele, Samson & Tilahun, Ketema
- 153-160 Drainage problems in the rice schemes of the Office du Niger (Mali) in relation to water management
by Vandersypen, K. & Keita, A.C.T. & Coulibaly, B. & Raes, D. & Jamin, J.-Y.
- 161-166 Response of onion (Allium cepa L.) to different levels of irrigation water
by Kumar, Satyendra & Imtiyaz, M. & Kumar, Ashwani & Singh, Rajbir
- 167-171 Preliminary assessment of the feasibility of using maximum daily trunk shrinkage for irrigation scheduling in lemon trees
by Garcia-Orellana, Y. & Ruiz-Sanchez, M.C. & Alarcon, J.J. & Conejero, W. & Ortuno, M.F. & Nicolas, E. & Torrecillas, A.
2007, Volume 88, Issue 1-3
- 1-13 Exploring options to grow rice using less water in northern China using a modelling approach: I. Field experiments and model evaluation
by Feng, Liping & Bouman, B. A.M. & Tuong, T.P. & Cabangon, R.J. & Li, Yalong & Lu, Guoan & Feng, Yuehua
- 14-22 Yield, evapotranspiration and water productivity of rice (Oryza sativa L.)-wheat (Triticum aestivum L.) system in Punjab (India) as influenced by transplanting date of rice and weather parameters
by Chahal, G.B.S. & Sood, Anil & Jalota, S.K. & Choudhury, B.U. & Sharma, P.K.
- 23-33 Exploring options to grow rice using less water in northern China using a modelling approach: II. Quantifying yield, water balance components, and water productivity
by Bouman, B. A.M. & Feng, Liping & Tuong, T.P. & Lu, Guoan & Wang, Huaqi & Feng, Yuehua
- 34-42 Effects of soil matric potential on potato growth under drip irrigation in the North China Plain
by Wang, Feng-Xin & Kang, Yaohu & Liu, Shi-Ping & Hou, Xiao-Yan
- 43-53 Monitoring the hydrological impact of land use change in a small agricultural catchment affected by dryland salinity in central NSW, Australia
by Crosbie, Russell S. & Hughes, Justin D. & Friend, John & Baldwin, Basil J.
- 54-62 Satellite-based ET mapping to assess variation in ET with timing of crop development
by Tasumi, Masahiro & Allen, Richard G.
- 63-72 The impact of saline water irrigation management options in a dune sand on available soil water and its salinity
by Ahmed, B.A. Ould & Yamamoto, T. & Rasiah, V. & Inoue, M. & Anyoji, H.
- 73-82 An aggregated model for water requirements of greenhouse tomato grown in closed rockwool culture with saline water
by Carmassi, G. & Incrocci, L. & Maggini, R. & Malorgio, F. & Tognoni, F. & Pardossi, A.
- 83-91 Wastewater irrigation in the developing world--Two case studies from the Kathmandu Valley in Nepal
by Rutkowski, Thomas & Raschid-Sally, Liqa & Buechler, Stephanie
- 92-98 Cover crop effects on spring soil water content and the implications for cover crop management in south coastal British Columbia
by Odhiambo, J.J.O. & Bomke, A.A.
- 99-109 Monitoring irrigation performance in Esfahan, Iran, using NOAA satellite imagery
by Akbari, Mehdi & Toomanian, Norair & Droogers, Peter & Bastiaanssen, Wim & Gieske, Ambro
- 110-118 Optimization of irrigation water distribution networks, layout included
by Alandi, P. Planells & Alvarez, J.F. Ortega & Martin-Benito, J.M. Tarjuelo
- 119-131 Soil solution chemistry of a Brazilian Oxisol irrigated with treated sewage effluent
by Gloaguen, Thomas V. & Forti, M.-Cristina & Lucas, Yves & Montes, Celia R. & Goncalves, Roberta A.B. & Herpin, Uwe & Melfi, Adolpho J.
- 132-140 Effect of water management practice on pesticide behavior in paddy water
by Watanabe, Hirozumi & Nguyen, My Hoang Tra & Souphasay, Komany & Vu, Son Hong & Phong, Thai Khanh & Tournebize, Julien & Ishihara, Satoru
- 141-146 A processing method for weighing lysimeter data and comparison to micrometeorological ETo predictions
by Vaughan, P.J. & Trout, T.J. & Ayars, J.E.
- 147-158 Using plant water status to define threshold values for irrigation management of vegetable crops using soil moisture sensors
by Thompson, R.B. & Gallardo, M. & Valdez, L.C. & Fernandez, M.D.
- 159-172 Forage yield and quality under irrigation with saline-sodic drainage water: Greenhouse evaluation
by Suyama, H. & Benes, S.E. & Robinson, P.H. & Grattan, S.R. & Grieve, C.M. & Getachew, G.
- 173-180 Effect of regulated deficit irrigation and partial rootzone drying on the quality of mango fruits (Mangifera indica L., cv. `Chok Anan')
by Spreer, W. & Nagle, M. & Neidhart, S. & Carle, R. & Ongprasert, S. & Muller, J.
- 181-191 An evaluation of two inexpensive energy-balance techniques for measuring water use in flood-irrigated pecans (Carya illinoinensis)
by Simmons, Luke J. & Wang, Junming & Sammis, Ted W. & Miller, David R.
- 192-200 Hydraulic conductivity of Molisolls irrigated with sodic-bicarbonated waters in Santa Fe (Argentine)
by Ghiberto, P.J. & Pilatti, M.A. & Imhoff, S. & de Orellana, J.A.
- 201-208 Water requirements of pineapple crop grown in a tropical environment, Brazil
by de Azevedo, Pedro V. & de Souza, Cleber B. & da Silva, Bernardo B. & da Silva, Vicente P.R.
- 209-223 Effect of drip tape placement depth and irrigation level on yield of potato
by Patel, Neelam & Rajput, T.B.S.
- 224-234 Application of WaSim to assess performance of a subsurface drainage system under semi-arid monsoon climate
by Hirekhan, Meenakshi & Gupta, S.K. & Mishra, K.L.
- 235-246 Development and validation of canopy reflectance-based crop coefficient for potato
by Jayanthi, Harikishan & Neale, Christopher M.U. & Wright, James L.
- 247-252 Examining the socioeconomic impacts of irrigation in the Southeast Anatolia Region of Turkey
by Miyata, Sachiko & Fujii, Tomoki
- 253-262 Crop coefficients of open-canopy pecan orchards
by Wang, Junming & Sammis, Ted W. & Andales, Allan A. & Simmons, Luke J. & Gutschick, Vincent P. & Miller, David R.
- 263-268 Development of a recording water flow meter using ultrasonic measurement of water levels in a slotted U-pipe
by Enamorado, Santiago M. & Hurtado, Maria Dolores & Andreu, Luis & Martinez, Francisco & Sanchez, Jose & Delgado, Antonio & Abril, Jose-Maria
- 269-274 Irrigation frequency and amount affect yield and quality of field-grown melon (Cucumis melo L.)
by Sensoy, Suat & Ertek, Ahmet & Gedik, Ibrahim & Kucukyumuk, Cenk
2007, Volume 87, Issue 3
- 229-240 Effects of controlled drainage on N and P losses and N dynamics in a loamy sand with spring crops
by Wesstrom, Ingrid & Messing, Ingmar
- 241-250 Temporal and spatial variations of evapotranspiration for spring wheat in the Shiyang river basin in northwest China
by Tong, Ling & Kang, Shaozhong & Zhang, Lu
- 251-260 Sensitivity analysis and field testing of the RISK-N model in the Central Valley of Chile
by Oyarzun, Ricardo & Arumi, Jose & Salgado, Luis & Marino, Miguel
- 261-274 Is partial root-zone drying an effective irrigation technique to improve water use efficiency and fruit quality in field-grown wine grapes under semiarid conditions?
by De la Hera, M.L. & Romero, P. & Gomez-Plaza, E. & Martinez, A.
- 275-284 Impact of water application conditions on nitrogen leaching under furrow irrigation: Experimental and modelling approaches
by Mailhol, J.C. & Crevoisier, D. & Triki, K.
- 285-291 Withholding of drip irrigation between transplanting and flowering increases the yield of field-grown tomato under plastic mulch
by Ngouajio, Mathieu & Wang, Guangyao & Goldy, Ronald
- 292-298 Water use efficiency and economic feasibility of growing rice and wheat with sprinkler irrigation in the Indus Basin of Pakistan
by Kahlown, Muhammad Akram & Raoof, Abdur & Zubair, Muhammad & Kemper, W. Doral
- 299-306 Simulation of nitrate-N movement in southern Ontario, Canada with DRAINMOD-N
by Yang, Chun-Chieh & Prasher, Shiv O. & Wang, Shaoli & Kim, Seung Hyun & Tan, Chin S. & Drury, Craig & Patel, Ramanbhai M.
- 307-314 Effects of conservation tillage practices on winter wheat water-use efficiency and crop yield on the Loess Plateau, China
by Su, Ziyou & Zhang, Jinsong & Wu, Wenliang & Cai, Dianxiong & Lv, Junjie & Jiang, Guanghui & Huang, Jian & Gao, Jun & Hartmann, Roger & Gabriels, Donald
- 315-327 Estimating yield of sorghum using root zone water balance model and spectral characteristics of crop in a dryland Alfisol
by Mandal, Uttam Kumar & Victor, U.S. & Srivastava, N.N. & Sharma, K.L. & Ramesh, V. & Vanaja, M. & Korwar, G.R. & Ramakrishna, Y.S.
- 328-336 Treated sewage effluent as a source of water and nitrogen for Tifton 85 bermudagrass
by da Fonseca, Adriel Ferreira & Melfi, Adolpho Jose & Monteiro, Francisco Antonio & Montes, Celia Regina & Almeida, Vagner Vidal de & Herpin, Uwe
- 337-346 A mathematical model for simulating water balances in cropped sandy soil with conventional flood irrigation applied
by Ji, Xi-Bin & Kang, Er-Si & Chen, Ren-Sheng & Zhao, Wen-Zhi & Zhang, Zhi-Hui & Jin, Bo-Wen
2007, Volume 87, Issue 2
- 115-127 Assessing impacts of surge-flow irrigation on water saving and productivity of cotton
by Horst, M.G. & Shamutalov, S.S. & Goncalves, J.M. & Pereira, L.S.
- 128-138 OSIRI: A simple decision-making tool for monitoring irrigation of small farms in heterogeneous environments
by Chopart, J.L. & Mezino, M. & Aure, F. & Le Mezo, L. & Mete, M. & Vauclin, M.
- 139-150 Water saving technology and saving water in China
by Blanke, Amelia & Rozelle, Scott & Lohmar, Bryan & Wang, Jinxia & Huang, Jikun
- 151-161 Determining crop-water production functions using yield-irrigation gradient algorithms
by Brumbelow, Kelly & Georgakakos, Aris
- 162-170 Response of Leucadendron `Safari Sunset' to regulated deficit irrigation: Effects of stress timing on growth and yield quality
by Silber, A. & Levi, M. & Cohen, M. & David, N. & Shtaynmetz, Y. & Assouline, S.
- 171-179 Irrigation scheduling for traditional, low-density olive orchards: Water relations and influence on oil characteristics
by Moriana, Alfonso & Perez-Lopez, David & Gomez-Rico, Aurora & Salvador, Maria de los Desamparados & Olmedilla, Nicolas & Ribas, Francisco & Fregapane, Giuseppe
- 180-186 Effect of soil matric potential on tomato yield and water use under drip irrigation condition
by Wang, Dan & Kang, Yaohu & Wan, Shuqin
- 187-199 From on-farm solid-set sprinkler irrigation design to collective irrigation network design in windy areas
by Zapata, N. & Playan, E. & Martinez-Cob, A. & Sanchez, I. & Faci, J.M. & Lecina, S.
- 200-208 Measurement and modelling of transpiration of a rain-fed citrus orchard under subhumid tropical conditions
by Oguntunde, Philip G. & van de Giesen, Nick & Savenije, Hubert H.G.
- 209-216 A database program for enhancing irrigation district management in the Ebro Valley (Spain)
by Playan, E. & Cavero, J. & Mantero, I. & Salvador, R. & Lecina, S. & Faci, J.M. & Andres, J. & Salvador, V. & Cardena, G. & Ramon, S. & Lacueva, J.L. & Tejero, M. & Ferri, J. & Martinez-Cob, A.
- 217-222 Runoff nitrogen from a large sized paddy field during a crop period
by Yoshinaga, Ikuo & Miura, Asa & Hitomi, Tadayoshi & Hamada, Koji & Shiratani, Eisaku
- 223-228 Linking hydro-meteorological factors to the assessment of nutrient loadings to streams from large-plotted paddy rice fields
by Kim, Min-Young & Seo, Myung-Chul & Kim, Min-Kyeong
2007, Volume 87, Issue 1
- 2-22 Non-conventional water resources and opportunities for water augmentation to achieve food security in water scarce countries
by Qadir, M. & Sharma, B.R. & Bruggeman, A. & Choukr-Allah, R. & Karajeh, F.
- 23-31 Remote sensing of biotic and abiotic stress for irrigation management of cotton
by Falkenberg, Nyland R. & Piccinni, Giovanni & Cothren, J. Tom & Leskovar, Daniel I. & Rush, Charlie M.
- 32-40 Barriers to water markets in the Heihe River basin in northwest China
by Zhang, Junlian
- 41-54 Combining FAO-56 model and ground-based remote sensing to estimate water consumptions of wheat crops in a semi-arid region
by Er-Raki, S. & Chehbouni, A. & Guemouria, N. & Duchemin, B. & Ezzahar, J. & Hadria, R.
- 55-60 Productivity impacts of the system of rice intensification (SRI): A case study in West Bengal, India
by Sinha, Shekhar Kumar & Talati, Jayesh
- 61-72 The influence of different Acacia senegal agroforestry systems on soil water and crop yields in clay soils of the Blue Nile region, Sudan
by Raddad, E.Y. & Luukkanen, O.
- 73-82 Water use efficiency and crop coefficients of dry season oilseed crops
by Kar, Gouranga & Kumar, Ashwani & Martha, M.
- 83-90 Comparative affects of blending, intera/inter-seasonal cyclic uses of alkali and good quality waters on soil properties and yields of paddy and wheat
by Minhas, P.S. & Dubey, S.K. & Sharma, D.R.
- 91-105 Comparison of nitrogen and irrigation strategies in tomato using CROPGRO model. A case study from Southern Italy
by Rinaldi, Michele & Ventrella, Domenico & Gagliano, Caterina
- 106-114 Effects of elevated CO2 concentration, irrigation and nitrogenous fertilizer application on the growth and yield of spring wheat in semi-arid areas
by Li, Wenlong & Han, Xiaozhuo & Zhang, Yanyu & Li, Zizhen
2006, Volume 86, Issue 3
- 229-239 Simplifying complexity: Rationalising water entitlements in the Southern Connected River Murray System, Australia
by Shi, Tian
- 240-248 Riparian zone equilibrium and actual evapotranspiration in a first order agricultural catchment in Southern Ontario, Canada
by Petrone, R.M. & Smith, C. & Macrae, M.L. & English, M.C.