Agricultural Water Management
2006, Volume 84, Issue 1-2
- 101-112 Yield response of corn to deficit irrigation in a semiarid climate
by Payero, Jose O. & Melvin, Steven R. & Irmak, Suat & Tarkalson, David
- 113-122 Optimal applied water and nitrogen for winter wheat under variable seasonal rainfall and planning scenarios for consequent crops in a semi-arid region
by Sepaskhah, A.R. & Azizian, A. & Tavakoli, A.R.
- 123-129 Study of reference crop evapotranspiration in I.R. of Iran
by Dinpashoh, Yagob
- 130-136 Study on hydraulic performance of drip emitters by computational fluid dynamics
by Wei, Qingsong & Shi, Yusheng & Dong, Wenchu & Lu, Gang & Huang, Shuhuai
- 137-146 Crop water productivity of cotton (Gossypium hirsutum L.)-wheat (Triticum aestivum L.) system as influenced by deficit irrigation, soil texture and precipitation
by Jalota, S.K. & Sood, Anil & Chahal, G.B.S. & Choudhury, B.U.
- 147-152 Cadmium in soil-rice system and health risk associated with the use of untreated mining wastewater for irrigation in Lechang, China
by Yang, Q.W. & Lan, C.Y. & Wang, H.B. & Zhuang, P. & Shu, W.S.
- 153-165 Precise irrigation scheduling for turfgrass using a subsurface electromagnetic soil moisture sensor
by Blonquist, J.M. Jr. & Jones, S.B. & Robinson, D.A.
- 166-172 Yield of tomato grown under continuous-flow drip irrigation in Bauchi state of Nigeria
by Mofoke, A.L.E. & Adewumi, J.K. & Babatunde, F.E. & Mudiare, O.J. & Ramalan, A.A.
- 173-185 Measuring performance in precision agriculture: CART--A decision tree approach
by Waheed, T. & Bonnell, R.B. & Prasher, S.O. & Paulet, E.
- 186-192 Fixed and variable light extinction coefficients for estimating plant transpiration and soil evaporation under irrigated maize
by Tahiri, Adel Zeggaf & Anyoji, H. & Yasuda, H.
- 193-201 Evaluation of quantity and quality of irrigation water at Gadowa irrigation project in Murzuq basin, southwest Libya
by Shaki, A.A. & Adeloye, A.J.
- 202-206 Response of Greenhouse tomato to irrigation and fertigation
by Mahajan, Gulshan & Singh, K.G.
- 207-211 Fabrication and testing of a low-cost ceramic-cup soil solution sampler
by Bajracharya, R.M. & Homagain, A.
2006, Volume 83, Issue 3
- 183-196 Effects of soil tillage and fallow management on soil water storage and sunflower production in a semi-arid Mediterranean climate
by Aboudrare, A. & Debaeke, P. & Bouaziz, A. & Chekli, H.
- 197-208 Monitoring and modelling the three-dimensional flow of water under drip irrigation
by Fernandez-Galvez, J. & Simmonds, L.P.
- 209-220 Optimal crop planning and water resources allocation in a coastal groundwater basin, Orissa, India
by Sethi, Laxmi Narayan & Panda, Sudhindra N. & Nayak, Manoj K.
- 221-232 Combining remote sensing-simulation modeling and genetic algorithm optimization to explore water management options in irrigated agriculture
by Ines, Amor V.M. & Honda, Kiyoshi & Das Gupta, Ashim & Droogers, Peter & Clemente, Roberto S.
- 233-242 Modeling runoff from middle Himalayan watersheds employing artificial intelligence techniques
by Sharda, V.N. & Patel, R.M. & Prasher, S.O. & Ojasvi, P.R. & Prakash, Chandra
- 243-251 Impacts of concrete lining of irrigation canals on availability of water for domestic use in southern Sri Lanka
by Meijer, Karen & Boelee, Eline & Augustijn, Denie & Molen, Irna van der
- 252-260 Role of straw mulching in non-continuously flooded rice cultivation
by Qin, Jiangtao & Hu, Feng & Zhang, Bin & Wei, Zhenggui & Li, Huixin
- 261-265 Responses of five almond cultivars to irrigation: Photosynthesis and leaf water potential
by Gomes-Laranjo, J. & Coutinho, J.P. & Galhano, V. & Cordeiro, V.
2006, Volume 83, Issue 1-2
- 1-12 Dry drainage: A sustainable solution to waterlogging and salinity problems in irrigation areas?
by Konukcu, F. & Gowing, J.W. & Rose, D.A.
- 13-21 Irrigation of grapevines with saline water: I. Leaf area index, stomatal conductance, transpiration and photosynthesis
by Ben-Asher, Jiftah & Tsuyuki, Itaru & Bravdo, Ben-Ami & Sagih, Moshe
- 22-29 Irrigation of grapevines with saline water: II. Mathematical simulation of vine growth and yield
by Ben-Asher, J. & van Dam, J. & Feddes, R.A. & Jhorar, R.K.
- 30-36 Comparative effects of drip and furrow irrigation on the yield and water productivity of cotton (Gossypium hirsutum L.) in a saline and waterlogged vertisol
by Rajak, Daleshwar & Manjunatha, M.V. & Rajkumar, G.R. & Hebbara, M. & Minhas, P.S.
- 37-50 Prediction of liquid municipal biosolid and precipitation induced tile flow in a Southern Ontario agricultural field using MACRO
by Akhand, N.A. & Lapen, D.R. & Topp, E. & Edwards, M.J. & Sabourin, L. & Coelho, B.R. Ball & Duenk, P.W. & Payne, M.
- 51-57 Application of a rice growth and water balance model in an irrigated semi-arid subtropical environment
by Arora, V.K.
- 58-68 Relative sensitivity of ESP profile to spatial and temporal variability in cation exchange capacity and pore water velocity under simulated field conditions
by Kaledhonkar, M.J. & Keshari, A.K. & Van Der Zee, S.E.A.T.M.
- 69-78 Study of infiltration process under different experimental conditions
by Chowdary, V.M. & Rao, M. Damodhara & Jaiswal, C.S.
- 79-86 Spatial variation of soil water content in topsoil and subsoil of a Typic Ustifluvent
by Ersahin, Sabit & Brohi, A. Resit
- 87-99 Modelling of basin irrigation systems: A review
by Khanna, Manoj & Malano, Hector M.
- 100-110 An assessment of the role of ponds in the adoption of water-saving irrigation practices in the Zhanghe Irrigation System, China
by Mushtaq, Shahbaz & Dawe, David & Lin, Hong & Moya, Piedad
- 111-118 Solute transport in fine sandy loam soil under different flow rates
by Costa, Jose Luis & Prunty, Lyle
- 119-129 A two-dimensional model of root water uptake for single apple trees and its verification with sap flow and soil water content measurements
by Gong, Daozhi & Kang, Shaozhong & Zhang, Lu & Du, Taisheng & Yao, Limin
- 130-134 Simulation of soil wetting pattern with subsurface drip irrigation from line source
by Singh, D.K. & Rajput, T.B.S. & Singh, D.K. & Sikarwar, H.S. & Sahoo, R.N. & Ahmad, T.
- 135-143 Comparative response of maize (Zea mays L.) and sorghum (Sorghum bicolor L. Moench) to deficit irrigation in a Mediterranean environment
by Farre, Imma & Faci, Jose Maria
- 144-152 Irrigation performance at tertiary level in the rice schemes of the Office du Niger (Mali): Adequate water delivery through over-supply
by Vandersypen, Klaartje & Bengaly, Kongotigui & Keita, Abdoulaye C.T. & Sidibe, Souleymane & Raes, Dirk & Jamin, Jean-Yves
- 153-161 Penman-Monteith reference evapotranspiration adapted to estimate irrigated tree transpiration
by Pereira, Antonio Roberto & Green, Steve & Villa Nova, Nilson Augusto
- 162-172 Application efficiencies and furrow infiltration functions of irrigations in sugar cane in the Ord River Irrigation Area of North Western Australia and the scope for improvement
by Bakker, D.M. & Plunkett, G. & Sherrard, J.
- 173-180 Performance of various water stress indicators for prediction of fruit size response to deficit irrigation in plum
by Intrigliolo, D.S. & Castel, J.R.
2006, Volume 82, Issue 3
- 253-278 Water productivity analysis of irrigated crops in Sirsa district, India
by Singh, R. & van Dam, J.C. & Feddes, R.A.
- 279-296 Management of declining groundwater in the Trans Indo-Gangetic Plain (India): Some options
by Ambast, S.K. & Tyagi, N.K. & Raul, S.K.
- 297-317 Adaptation of water and nitrogen management of spring barley and potato as a response to possible climate change in Ireland
by Holden, Nicholas M. & Brereton, Anthony J.
- 318-342 The effect of degradation of phalaris + white clover pasture on soil water regimes of a Brown Chromosol on the Northern Tablelands of NSW, Australia
by McLeod, M.K. & MacLeod, D.A. & Daniel, H.
- 343-353 Wastewater application and water use of Larrea tridentata
by Saucedo, D. & Sammis, T.W. & Picchioni, G.A. & Mexal, J.G.
- 354-370 Olive mill wastewater management in river basins: A case study in Greece
by Kapellakis, I.E. & Tsagarakis, K.P. & Avramaki, Ch. & Angelakis, A.N.
- 371-386 Daily reference evapotranspiration estimates by the "Copais" approach
by Alexandris, S. & Kerkides, P. & Liakatas, A.
- 387-398 Improving water-use efficiency of young lemon trees by shading with aluminised-plastic nets
by Alarcon, J.J. & Ortuno, M.F. & Nicolas, E. & Navarro, A. & Torrecillas, A.
- 399-410 Wheat water productivity and yield in a cool highland environment: Effect of early sowing with supplemental irrigation
by Ilbeyi, Adem & Ustun, Haluk & Oweis, Theib & Pala, Mustafa & Benli, Bogachan
- 411-420 Simple methods for estimating outflow salinity from inflow and reservoir storage
by Inosako, Koji & Yuan, Fasong & Miyamoto, S.
- 421-432 Latent heat flux over a furrow-irrigated tomato crop using Penman-Monteith equation with a variable surface canopy resistance
by Ortega-Farias, Samuel Orlando & Olioso, A. & Fuentes, S. & Valdes, H.
- 433-451 Estimation irrigation water requirements with derived crop coefficients for upland and paddy crops in ChiaNan Irrigation Association, Taiwan
by Kuo, Sheng-Feng & Ho, Shin-Shen & Liu, Chen-Wuing
2006, Volume 82, Issue 1-2
- 1-24 Comparison of different methods to measure and model actual evapotranspiration rates for a wet sloping grassland
by Pauwels, Valentijn R.N. & Samson, Roeland
- 25-44 Optimizing irrigation management for wheat to reduce groundwater depletion in the piedmont region of the Taihang Mountains in the North China Plain
by Yang, Yonghui & Watanabe, Masataka & Zhang, Xiying & Zhang, Jiqun & Wang, Qinxue & Hayashi, Seiji
- 45-62 Plant water accessibility function: A design and management tool for trickle irrigation
by Colombo, Alberto & Or, Dani
- 63-85 Water-yield relation and water use efficiency of cotton (Gossypium hirsutum L.) and second crop corn (Zea mays L.) in western Turkey
by Dagdelen, Necdet & Yilmaz, Ersel & Sezgin, Fuat & Gurbuz, Talih
- 86-98 Effects of water table and fertilization management on nitrogen loading to groundwater
by Guo, Huaming & Li, Guanghe & Zhang, Dayi & Zhang, Xu & Lu, Chang'ai
- 99-117 Comparison of the subirrigation and drip-irrigation systems for greenhouse zucchini squash production using saline and non-saline nutrient solutions
by Rouphael, Youssef & Cardarelli, Mariateresa & Rea, Elvira & Battistelli, Alberto & Colla, Giuseppe
- 118-128 Effect of irrigation and harvest timing on peppermint oil yield in California
by Marcum, Daniel B. & Hanson, Blaine R.
- 129-147 A comprehensive experimental study with mathematical modeling to investigate the affects of cropping practices on water balance variables
by Islam, Nazrul & Wallender, Wesley W. & Mitchell, Jeffrey & Wicks, Santhi & Howitt, Richard E.
- 148-160 Channel capacity under arranged demand irrigation
by Anwar, Arif A. & Clarke, Derek & de Vries, Tonny T.
- 161-176 Influence of fallowing practices on soil water and precipitation storage efficiency in semiarid Aragon (NE Spain)
by Moret, D. & Arrue, J.L. & Lopez, M.V. & Gracia, R.
- 177-192 Effect of soil fertility and transpiration rate on young wheat plants (Triticum aestivum) Cd/Zn uptake and yield
by Salah, Sharif A. & Barrington, Suzelle F.
- 193-209 Physiological and growth response to moderate water deficit of off-season potatoes in a Mediterranean environment
by Ierna, Anita & Mauromicale, Giovanni
- 210-222 Falling water tables in a sloping/nonsloping aquifer under various initial water table profiles
by Singh, R.M. & Singh, K.K. & Singh, S.R.
- 223-236 The validity of predawn leaf water potential as an irrigation-timing indicator for field-grown wheat in northern Syria
by Sato, Takahiro & Abdalla, Osman S. & Oweis, Theib Y. & Sakuratani, Tetsuo
- 237-246 Evapotranspiration and crop coefficients for tabasco pepper (Capsicum frutescens L.)
by Miranda, F.R. & Gondim, R.S. & Costa, C.A.G.
- 247-250 Comment on "Run-off water harvesting for dry spell mitigation in maize (Zea mays L.): Results from on-farm research in semi-arid Kenya" by Jennie Barron and George Okwach, Agricultural Water Management 74 (2005) 1-21
by Jensen, Jens Raunso
2006, Volume 81, Issue 3
- 227-256 Development and evaluation of integrated water and nitrogen model for maize
by Zand-Parsa, Sh. & Sepaskhah, A.R. & Ronaghi, A.
- 257-281 Regional calibration of Hargreaves equation for estimating reference ET in a semiarid environment
by Gavilan, P. & Lorite, I.J. & Tornero, S. & Berengena, J.
- 282-294 Modeling net water requirements for wetlands in semi-arid regions
by Jia, Zhonghua & Luo, Wan
- 295-314 Remote sensing to estimate ET-fluxes and the performance of an irrigation district in southern Italy
by Consoli, Simona & D'Urso, Guido & Toscano, Attilio
- 315-334 Estimating deep drainage and nitrate leaching from the root zone under sugarcane using APSIM-SWIM
by Stewart, L.K. & Charlesworth, P.B. & Bristow, K.L. & Thorburn, P.J.
- 335-357 Simulation of yield decline as a result of water stress with a robust soil water balance model
by Raes, Dirk & Geerts, Sam & Kipkorir, Emmanuel & Wellens, Joost & Sahli, Ali
- 358-370 Determination of evapotranspiration and basal crop coefficient of alfalfa with a weighing lysimeter
by Benli, Bogachan & Kodal, Suleyman & Ilbeyi, Adem & Ustun, Haluk
- 371-380 Scientific and engineering highlights of an 1171-year-old weir in Eastern China
by Shang, Y.J. & Yang, Z.F. & Li, L.H. & Wang, S.J. & Chen, S.G.
- 381-399 Crop coefficients for drip-irrigated processing tomato
by Hanson, Blaine R. & May, Donald M.
2006, Volume 81, Issue 1-2
- 1-22 A recommendation on standardized surface resistance for hourly calculation of reference ETo by the FAO56 Penman-Monteith method
by Allen, Richard G. & Pruitt, William O. & Wright, James L. & Howell, Terry A. & Ventura, Francesca & Snyder, Richard & Itenfisu, Daniel & Steduto, Pasquale & Berengena, Joaquin & Yrisarry, Javier Baselga & Smith, Martin & Pereira, Luis S. & Raes, Dirk & Perrier, Alain & Alves, Isabel & Walter, Ivan & Elliott, Ronald
- 23-40 Occurrence and measurement of salinity stratification in shallow groundwater in the Murrumbidgee Irrigation Area, south-eastern Australia
by Northey, J.E. & Christen, E.W. & Ayars, J.E. & Jankowski, J.
- 41-58 Effects of pre-anthesis drought, nitrogen fertilizer rate, and variety on grain yield, yield components, and harvest index of tropical maize
by Moser, Samuel B. & Feil, Boy & Jampatong, Sansern & Stamp, Peter
- 59-76 Wheat yield response to line-source sprinkler irrigation in the arid Southeast Anatolia region of Turkey
by Metin Sezen, S. & Yazar, Attila
- 77-97 DRAINMOD-GIS: A lumped parameter watershed scale drainage and water quality model
by Fernandez, G.P. & Chescheir, G.M. & Skaggs, R.W. & Amatya, D.M.
- 98-114 Irrigation and soil management strategies for using saline-sodic water in a cotton-wheat rotation
by Murtaza, G. & Ghafoor, A. & Qadir, M.
- 115-131 Effect of drip irrigation regimes on yield and quality of field grown bell pepper
by Sezen, S. Metin & Yazar, Attila & Eker, Salim
- 132-144 The effects of drip irrigation on flowering and flower quality of glasshouse gladiolus plant
by Bastug, Ruhi & Karaguzel, Osman & Aydinsakir, Koksal & Buyuktas, Dursun
- 145-158 Response of cucumber to drip irrigation water under a rainshelter
by Yuan, Bao-Zhong & Sun, Jie & Kang, Yaohu & Nishiyama, Soichi
- 159-172 Irrigation scheduling based on pan evaporation values for cucumber (Cucumis sativus L.) grown under field conditions
by Ertek, Ahmet & Sensoy, Suat & Gedik, Ibrahim & Kucukyumuk, Cenk
- 173-184 Evaporation and evapotranspiration in a watermelon field mulched with gravel of different sizes in northwest China
by Xie, Zhongkui & Wang, Yajun & Jiang, Wenlan & Wei, Xinghu
- 185-198 The effect of recycled water on the nutrient status of Soultanina grapevines grafted on different rootstocks
by Paranychianakis, N.V. & Nikolantonakis, M. & Spanakis, Y. & Angelakis, A.N.
- 199-215 Modeling nitrogen transport in the Newport Bay/San Diego Creek watershed of Southern California
by French, Christine & Wu, Laosheng & Meixner, Thomas & Haver, Darren & Kabashima, John & Jury, William A.
- 216-224 The effect of vapor pressure deficit on leaf area and water transport in flower stems of soil-less culture rose
by Liu, F. & Cohen, Y. & Fuchs, M. & Plaut, Z. & Grava, A.
2006, Volume 80, Issue 1-3
- 1-3 Preface
by Turner, Neil C.
- 5-22 Water scarcity: Fact or fiction?
by Rijsberman, Frank R.
- 23-40 Improving agricultural water use efficiency in arid and semiarid areas of China
by Deng, Xi-Ping & Shan, Lun & Zhang, Heping & Turner, Neil C.
- 41-56 Managing secondary dryland salinity: Options and challenges
by Pannell, David J. & Ewing, Michael A.
- 57-73 Water harvesting and supplemental irrigation for improved water productivity of dry farming systems in West Asia and North Africa
by Oweis, Theib & Hachum, Ahmed
- 74-86 Economics of rainwater harvesting for crop enterprises in semi-arid areas of East Africa
by Hatibu, N. & Mutabazi, K. & Senkondo, E.M. & Msangi, A.S.K.
- 87-99 Can irrigation be sustainable?
by Khan, Shahbaz & Tariq, Rana & Yuanlai, Cui & Blackwell, J.
- 100-116 Modernization and optimization of irrigation systems to increase water productivity
by Playan, Enrique & Mateos, Luciano
- 117-131 Can we maintain turf to customers' satisfaction with less water?
by Carrow, Robert N.
- 132-146 Use of saline and non-potable water in the turfgrass industry: Constraints and developments
by Marcum, K.B.
- 147-159 Reuse of effluent water--benefits and risks
by Toze, Simon
- 160-175 Irrigation and fertiliser strategies for minimising nitrogen leaching from turfgrass
by Barton, Louise & Colmer, Timothy D.
- 176-196 Increasing crop productivity when water is scarce--from breeding to field management
by Passioura, John
- 197-211 Physiological traits used in the breeding of new cultivars for water-scarce environments
by Richards, Richard A.
- 212-224 Breeding for improved abiotic stress tolerance in maize adapted to southern Africa
by Banziger, Marianne & Setimela, Peter S. & Hodson, David & Vivek, Bindiganavile
- 225-240 Improving drought tolerance in rainfed lowland rice: An example from Thailand
by Jongdee, Boonrat & Pantuwan, Grienggrai & Fukai, Shu & Fischer, Ken
- 241-261 Past, present and future criteria to breed crops for water-limited environments in West Africa
by Dingkuhn, M. & Singh, B.B. & Clerget, B. & Chantereau, J. & Sultan, B.
- 262-275 Fisheries and water productivity in tropical river basins: Enhancing food security and livelihoods by managing water for fish
by Dugan, Patrick & Dey, Madan M. & Sugunan, V.V.
2006, Volume 79, Issue 3
- 209-224 Potential use of Caspian Sea water for supplementary irrigation in Northern Iran
by Ghadiri, H. & Dordipour, I. & Bybordi, M. & Malakouti, M.J.
- 225-247 Digital elevation data for estimation of potential wetness in ridged fields--Comparison of two different methods
by Pilesjo, Petter & Persson, Andreas & Harrie, Lars
- 248-264 Effects of drip irrigation frequency on soil wetting pattern and potato growth in North China Plain
by Wang, Feng-Xin & Kang, Yaohu & Liu, Shi-Ping
- 265-279 Effect of different water supply regimes on growth and size hierarchy in spring wheat populations under mulched with clear plastic film
by Du, Yan-Jun & Li, Zi-Zhen & Li, Wen-Long
- 280-292 Effects of winter crop and supplemental irrigation on crop yield, water use efficiency and profitability in rainfed rice based cropping system of eastern India
by Kar, Gouranga & Verma, H.N. & Singh, Ravender
- 293-311 Water and nitrate movement in drip-irrigated onion under fertigation and irrigation treatments
by Rajput, T.B.S. & Patel, Neelam
- 312-320 Assessing the response of chickpea (Cicer aeritinum L.) yield to irrigation water on two soils in Punjab (India): A simulation analysis using the CROPMAN model
by Jalota, S.K. & Sood, Anil & Harman, W.L.
2006, Volume 79, Issue 2
- 113-136 Subsurface drain flow and crop yield predictions for different drain spacings using DRAINMOD
by Wang, X. & Mosley, C.T. & Frankenberger, J.R. & Kladivko, E.J.
- 137-159 Evaluation of DRAINMOD for predicting water table heights in irrigated fields at the Jordan Valley
by Sinai, G. & Jain, P.K.
- 160-176 Field-saturated hydraulic conductivity of unsaturated soils from falling-head well tests
by Rodgers, M. & Mulqueen, J.
- 177-207 Analysis of a two-component hydrograph separation model to predict herbicide runoff in drained soils
by Heppell, C.M. & Chapman, A.S.
2006, Volume 79, Issue 1
- 1-27 Monitoring wheat phenology and irrigation in Central Morocco: On the use of relationships between evapotranspiration, crops coefficients, leaf area index and remotely-sensed vegetation indices
by Duchemin, B. & Hadria, R. & Erraki, S. & Boulet, G. & Maisongrande, P. & Chehbouni, A. & Escadafal, R. & Ezzahar, J. & Hoedjes, J.C.B. & Kharrou, M.H. & Khabba, S. & Mougenot, B. & Olioso, A. & Rodriguez, J.-C. & Simonneaux, V.
- 28-42 Yield performance of spring wheat improved by regulated deficit irrigation in an arid area
by Zhang, Buchong & Li, Feng-Min & Huang, Gaobao & Cheng, Zi-Yong & Zhang, Yanhong
- 43-71 Trickle and sprinkler irrigation of potato (Solanum tuberosum L.) in the Middle Anatolian Region in Turkey
by Unlu, Mustafa & Kanber, Riza & Senyigit, Ulas & Onaran, Huseyin & Diker, Kenan
- 72-92 Applying SWAT for TMDL programs to a small watershed containing rice paddy fields
by Kang, M.S. & Park, S.W. & Lee, J.J. & Yoo, K.H.
- 93-112 Experimental study of water flow and sulphate transport at monolith scale
by Abbasi, Fariborz & Javaux, Mathieu & Vanclooster, Marnik & Feyen, Jan & Wyseure, Guido & Nziguheba, Generose
2005, Volume 78, Issue 3
- 165-180 Simulating water and salt movement in tile-drained fields irrigated with saline water under a Serial Biological Concentration management scenario
by Su, Ninghu & Bethune, Matthew & Mann, Louise & Heuperman, Alfred
- 181-194 Increasing potato yields with additional water and increased soil temperature
by Wang, Xiao-Ling & Li, Feng-Min & Jia, Yu & Shi, Wen-Quan
- 195-208 Comparison of Artificial Neural Network and regression models for sediment loss prediction from Banha watershed in India
by Sarangi, A. & Bhattacharya, A.K.
- 209-221 Evaluation of a hydrographic technique to measure on-farm water storage volumes
by Gibbings, Peter & Raine, Steven
2005, Volume 78, Issue 1-2
- 1-2 Preface
by Ragab, R.
- 3-14 Sustainable strategies for irrigation in salt-prone Mediterranean: SALTMED
by Flowers, T.J. & Ragab, R. & Malash, N. & Gawad, G. Abdel & Cuartero, J. & Arslan, A.
- 15-24 Why does salinity pose such a difficult problem for plant breeders?
by Flowers, T.J. & Flowers, S.A.
- 25-38 Effect of irrigation systems and water management practices using saline and non-saline water on tomato production
by Malash, N. & Flowers, T.J. & Ragab, R.
- 39-53 The effects of saline irrigation water management and salt tolerant tomato varieties on sustainable production of tomato in Syria (1999-2002)
by Abdel Gawad, G. & Arslan, A. & Gaihbe, A. & Kadouri, F.
- 54-66 Plant water uptake and water use efficiency of greenhouse tomato cultivars irrigated with saline water
by Reina-Sanchez, A. & Romero-Aranda, R. & Cuartero, J.
- 67-88 A holistic generic integrated approach for irrigation, crop and field management: 1. The SALTMED model and its calibration using field data from Egypt and Syria
by Ragab, R. & Malash, N. & Abdel Gawad, G. & Arslan, A. & Ghaibeh, A.
- 89-107 A holistic generic integrated approach for irrigation, crop and field management: 2. The SALTMED model validation using field data of five growing seasons from Egypt and Syria
by Ragab, R. & Malash, N. & Gawad, G. Abdel & Arslan, A. & Ghaibeh, A.
- 108-121 Salinity and olive: Growth, salt tolerance, photosynthesis and yield
by Chartzoulakis, K.S.
- 122-127 Saline water in supplemental irrigation of wheat and barley under rainfed agriculture
by Hamdy, A. & Sardo, V. & Ghanem, K.A. Farrag
- 128-135 The effects of water salinity and potassium levels on yield, fruit quality and water consumption of a native central anatolian tomato species (Lycopersicon esculantum)
by Yurtseven, E. & Kesmez, G.D. & Unlukara, A.
- 136-151 Strategies for managing saline/alkali waters for sustainable agricultural production in South Asia
by Sharma, Bharat R. & Minhas, P.S.
- 152-164 Salinity evolution and crop response to secondary soil salinity in two agro-climatic zones in Lebanon
by Darwish, T. & Atallah, T. & El Moujabber, M. & Khatib, N.
2005, Volume 77, Issue 1-3
- 1-3 Preface
by Tarjuelo, Jose Maria & Olalla, Francisco Martin de Santa & Pereira, Luis S.
- 4-20 Multi-scale modeling for water resources planning and management in rural basins
by Victoria, F.B. & Filho, J.S. Viegas & Pereira, L.S. & Teixeira, J.L. & Lanna, A.E.
- 21-36 Integrated water resources management of the Hydrogeological Unit "Eastern Mancha" using Bayesian Belief Networks
by Martin de Santa Olalla, F.J. & Dominguez, A. & Artigao, A. & Fabeiro, C. & Ortega, J.F.
- 37-58 Improving water management: The irrigation advisory service of Castilla-La Mancha (Spain)
by Ortega, J.F. & de Juan, J.A. & Tarjuelo, J.M.
- 59-81 Drought class transition analysis through Markov and Loglinear models, an approach to early warning
by Paulo, A.A. & Ferreira, E. & Coelho, C. & Pereira, L.S.
- 82-95 Land and water use management in vine growing by using geographic information systems in Castilla-La Mancha, Spain
by Riquelme, Francisco J. Montero & Ramos, Antonio Brasa
- 96-109 Assessment of hydrosaline land degradation by using a simple approach of remote sensing indicators
by Khan, Nasir M. & Rastoskuev, Victor V. & Sato, Y. & Shiozawa, S.
- 110-127 A Bayesian combination method of flood models: Principles and application results
by Niggli, Markus & Musy, Andre
- 128-143 Analysis of a unit hydrograph model based on watershed geomorphology represented as a cascade of reservoirs
by Lopez, J.J. & Gimena, F.N. & Goni, M. & Agirre, U.
- 144-158 Steps towards modeling nutrient export in coastal Californian streams with a Mediterranean climate
by Robinson, Timothy H. & Leydecker, Al & Keller, Arturo A. & Melack, John M.
- 159-179 GISAREG--A GIS based irrigation scheduling simulation model to support improved water use
by Fortes, P.S. & Platonov, A.E. & Pereira, L.S.
- 180-195 Water management decisions on small farms under scarce canal water supply: A case study from NW India
by Tyagi, N.K. & Agrawal, A. & Sakthivadivel, R. & Ambast, S.K.
- 196-209 Farmers managed irrigation districts in Japan: Assessing how fairness may contribute to sustainability
by Tanaka, Yukio & Sato, Yohei
- 210-231 Field assessment of the water saving potential with furrow irrigation in Fergana, Aral Sea basin
by Horst, M.G. & Shamutalov, S.S. & Pereira, L.S. & Goncalves, J.M.
- 232-248 Effects of different management practices on soil conservation and soil water in a rainfed olive orchard
by Hernandez, A.J. & Lacasta, C. & Pastor, J.
- 249-262 Hydraulic performance of drip irrigation subunits using WWTP effluents
by Puig-Bargues, J. & Arbat, G. & Barragan, J. & Ramirez de Cartagena, F.
- 263-281 Using RZWQM to search improved practices for irrigated maize in Fergana, Uzbekistan
by Stulina, G. & Cameira, M.R. & Pereira, L.S.
- 282-295 Impacts of different irrigation schedules on the water balance components of an onion crop in a semi-arid zone
by Mermoud, A. & Tamini, T.D. & Yacouba, H.
- 296-307 Comparison of changes in stem diameter and water potential values for detecting water stress in young almond trees
by Nortes, P.A. & Perez-Pastor, A. & Egea, G. & Conejero, W. & Domingo, R.
- 308-322 Effects of irrigation with saline waters, at different concentrations, on soil physical and chemical characteristics
by Tedeschi, A. & Dell'Aquila, R.
- 323-333 Transpiration and canopy conductance in young apricot (Prunus armenica L.) trees subjected to different PAR levels and water stress
by Barradas, V.L. & Nicolas, E. & Torrecillas, A. & Alarcon, J.J.
2005, Volume 76, Issue 3
- 139-159 Day and night wind drift and evaporation losses in sprinkler solid-sets and moving laterals
by Playan, E. & Salvador, R. & Faci, J.M. & Zapata, N. & Martinez-Cob, A. & Sanchez, I.
- 160-180 Spatial and temporal distributions of nitrogen and crop yield as affected by nonuniformity of sprinkler fertigation
by Li, Jiusheng & Li, Bei & Rao, Minjie
- 181-194 A survey of soil salinity and groundwater level control systems in irrigated fields in the Jezre'el Valley, Israel
by Benyamini, Y. & Mirlas, V. & Marish, S. & Gottesman, M. & Fizik, E. & Agassi, M.
- 195-210 Application of FAO-56 for evaluating evapotranspiration in simulation of pollutant runoff from paddy rice field in Japan
by Vu, Son Hong & Watanabe, Hirozumi & Takagi, Kazuhiro
- 211-223 Predicting the effects of soil water content and soil water potential on transpiration of maize
by Novak, V. & Hurtalova, T. & Matejka, F.
- 224-236 Forage production of cool season pasture grasses as related to irrigation
by Smeal, D. & O'Neill, M.K. & Arnold, R.N.
2005, Volume 76, Issue 2
- 77-93 Quantifying risk for water harvesting under semi-arid conditions: Part I. Rainfall intensity generation
by Tsubo, M. & Walker, S. & Hensley, M.
- 94-107 Quantifying risk for water harvesting under semi-arid conditions: Part II. Crop yield simulation
by Walker, S. & Tsubo, M. & Hensley, M.
- 108-119 `More crop per drop': how to make it acceptable for farmers?
by Luquet, Delphine & Vidal, Alain & Smith, Martin & Dauzat, Jean
- 120-138 Modelling weekly rainfall data for crop planning in a sub-humid climate of India
by Sharda, V.N. & Das, P.K.
2005, Volume 76, Issue 1
- 1-7 Irrigation guidelines based on historical weather data in the Lower Rio Grande Valley of Texas
by Enciso, Juan & Wiedenfeld, Bob
- 8-23 Optimizing irrigation scheduling for winter wheat in the North China Plain
by Li, Jiamin & Inanaga, Shinobu & Li, Zhaohu & Eneji, A. Egrinya
- 24-35 Effect of shallow groundwater table on crop water requirements and crop yields
by Kahlown, M.A. & Ashraf, M. & Zia-ul-Haq
- 36-52 Grain yield and water use in a long-term fertilization trial in Northwest China
by Fan, Tinglu & Wang, Shuying & Xiaoming, Tang & Luo, Junjie & Stewart, Bob A. & Gao, Yufeng
- 53-61 Changes in soil water retention due to soil kneading
by Fernandez-Galvez, J. & Barahona, E.
- 62-75 A spreadsheet model to evaluate sloping furrow irrigation accounting for infiltration variability
by Mateos, Luciano & Oyonarte, Nicolas A.
2005, Volume 75, Issue 3
- 169-183 Phenology based irrigation scheduling and determination of crop coefficient of winter maize in rice fallow of eastern India
by Kar, Gouranga & Verma, Harsh Nath
- 184-193 Automatic regulator for channel flow control on flooded rice
by Amaral, Luis G.H. do & Righes, Afranio A. & Filho, Paulo da S. e Souza & Costa, Rafael Dalla
- 194-225 Decision support framework for assessment of non-point-source pollution of groundwater in large irrigation projects
by Chowdary, V.M. & Rao, N.H. & Sarma, P.B.S.
- 226-244 Evapotranspiration and seed yield of field grown soybean under deficit irrigation conditions
by Karam, Fadi & Masaad, Randa & Sfeir, Therese & Mounzer, Oussama & Rouphael, Youssef
2005, Volume 75, Issue 2
- 85-91 Salinity effect on grain quality of two durum wheat varieties differing in salt tolerance
by Katerji, N. & van Hoorn, J.W. & Fares, C. & Hamdy, A. & Mastrorilli, M. & Oweis, T.
- 92-116 An ecological optimality approach for predicting deep drainage from tree belts of alley farms in water-limited environments
by Ellis, Tim & Hatton, Tom & Nuberg, Ian
- 117-136 Above ground biomass and water use efficiency of crops at shallow water tables in a temperate climate
by Mueller, Lothar & Behrendt, Axel & Schalitz, Gisbert & Schindler, Uwe
- 137-151 Evaluation of water-use in traditional irrigation: An application to the Lemos Valley irrigation district, northwest of Spain
by Neira, X.X. & Alvarez, C.J. & Cuesta, T.S. & Cancela, J.J.
- 152-167 Regulated deficit irrigation during the kernel-filling period and optimal irrigation rates in almond
by Girona, J. & Mata, M. & Marsal, J.
2005, Volume 75, Issue 1
- 1-9 Surge flow irrigation with sediment-laden water in northwestern China
by Wang, Wen-Yan & Luo, Wan & Wang, Zhi-Rong
- 10-24 Evaluation of the sap flow determined with a heat balance method to measure the transpiration of a sugarcane canopy
by Chabot, Rosanne & Bouarfa, Sami & Zimmer, Daniel & Chaumont, Cedric & Moreau, Sylvain
- 25-37 Analysis of a LEACHN-based management technique in `predictive mode'
by Mahmood, B.
- 38-53 Analysis on groundwater table drawdown by land use and the quest for sustainable water use in the Hebei Plain in China
by Xu, Yueqing & Mo, Xingguo & Cai, Yunlong & Li, Xiubin
- 54-70 Methods for estimating irrigation needs of spring wheat in the middle Heihe basin, China
by Zhao, Chuanyan & Nan, Zhongren & Cheng, Guodong
- 71-83 Effect of plastic mulching on soil water use and spring wheat yield in arid region of northwest China
by Xie, Zhong-kui & Wang, Ya-jun & Li, Feng-min
2005, Volume 74, Issue 3
- 165-188 Feasible design and operational guidelines for skimming wells in the Indus basin, Pakistan
by Saeed, M.M. & Ashraf, M.
- 189-199 Winter wheat canopy interception and its influence factors under sprinkler irrigation
by Kang, Yaohu & Wang, Qing-Gai & Liu, Hai-Jun
- 201-218 Assessing water consumption of banana: traditional versus modelling approach
by Van Vosselen, A. & Verplancke, H. & Van Ranst, E.
- 219-242 Two-dimensional modeling of nitrate leaching for various fertigation scenarios under micro-irrigation
by Gardenas, A.I. & Hopmans, J.W. & Hanson, B.R. & Simunek, J.
- 243-255 Effects of temperature increase and elevated CO2 concentration, with supplemental irrigation, on the yield of rain-fed spring wheat in a semiarid region of China
by Guoju, Xiao & Weixiang, Liu & Qiang, Xu & Zhaojun, Sun & Jing, Wang
2005, Volume 74, Issue 2
- 87-105 Yield and water use of irrigated tropical aerobic rice systems
by Bouman, B.A.M. & Peng, S. & Castaneda, A.R. & Visperas, R.M.