Agricultural Water Management
August 2010, Volume 97, Issue 8
- 1165-1174 Irrigation strategies to improve the water use efficiency of wheat-maize double cropping systems in North China Plain
by Fang, Q. & Ma, L. & Yu, Q. & Ahuja, L.R. & Malone, R.W. & Hoogenboom, G.
- 1175-1184 Modelling the effects of climate variability and water management on crop water productivity and water balance in the North China Plain
by Chen, Chao & Wang, Enli & Yu, Qiang
- 1185-1194 Responses of crop yield and water use efficiency to climate change in the North China Plain
by Guo, Ruiping & Lin, Zhonghui & Mo, Xingguo & Yang, Chunlin
- 1195-1209 Crop yield responses to climate change in the Huang-Huai-Hai Plain of China
by Liu, Suxia & Mo, Xingguo & Lin, Zhonghui & Xu, Yueqing & Ji, Jinjun & Wen, Gang & Richey, Jeff
- 1210-1220 Simulation of soil water in space and time using an agro-hydrological model and remote sensing techniques
by Singh, Uttam Kumar & Ren, Li & Kang, Shaozhong
- 1221-1231 Combining an ecological model with remote sensing and GIS techniques to monitor soil water content of croplands with a monsoon climate
by Ju, Weimin & Gao, Ping & Wang, Jun & Zhou, Yanlian & Zhang, Xuehui
July 2010, Volume 97, Issue 7
- 939-955 Ancillary data supply strategies for improvement of temperature-based ETo ANN models
by Martí, Pau & Gasque, María
- 956-964 Effects of grapevine (Vitis vinifera L.) water status on water consumption, vegetative growth and grape quality: An irrigation scheduling application to achieve regulated deficit irrigation
by Acevedo-Opazo, C. & Ortega-Farias, S. & Fuentes, S.
- 965-970 Deficit irrigation and nitrogen effects on seed cotton yield, water productivity and yield response factor in shallow soils of semi-arid environment
by Singh, Yudhveer & Rao, Sajjan Singh & Regar, Panna Lal
- 971-980 Strategies to decrease water drainage and nitrate emission from soilless cultures of greenhouse tomato
by Massa, D. & Incrocci, L. & Maggini, R. & Carmassi, G. & Campiotti, C.A. & Pardossi, A.
- 981-987 Response of soybean genotypes to different irrigation regimes in a humid region of the southeastern USA
by Garcia y Garcia, A. & Persson, T. & Guerra, L.C. & Hoogenboom, G.
- 988-994 Response of vanilla (Vanilla planifolia A.) intercropped in arecanut to irrigation and nutrition in humid tropics of India
by Sujatha, S. & Bhat, Ravi
- 995-1005 Effect of N-enriched co-compost on transpiration efficiency and water-use efficiency of maize (Zea mays L.) under controlled irrigation
by Adamtey, Noah & Cofie, Olufunke & Ofosu-Budu, K.G. & Ofosu-Anim, J. & Laryea, K.B. & Forster, Dionys
- 1006-1016 Optimal utilisation of natural resources for agricultural sustainability in rainfed hill plateaus of Orissa
by Panigrahi, Dwitikrishna & Mohanty, Pradeep Kumar & Acharya, Milu & Senapati, Prafulla Chandra
- 1017-1025 Assessing the performance of participatory irrigation management over time: A case study from Turkey
by Uysal, Özlem Karahan & AtIs, Ela
- 1026-1038 An evaluation of the net radiation sub-model in the ASCE standardized reference evapotranspiration equation: Implications for evapotranspiration prediction
by Blonquist Jr., J.M. & Allen, R.G. & Bugbee, B.
- 1039-1050 Sensitivity of groundwater recharge under irrigated agriculture to changes in climate, CO2 concentrations and canopy structure
by Ficklin, Darren L. & Luedeling, Eike & Zhang, Minghua
- 1051-1062 SWAP, CropSyst and MACRO comparison in two contrasting soils cropped with maize in Northern Italy
by Bonfante, A. & Basile, A. & Acutis, M. & De Mascellis, R. & Manna, P. & Perego, A. & Terribile, F.
- 1063-1069 Soil water recharge in a semi-arid temperate climate of the Central U.S. Great Plains
by Grassini, Patricio & You, Jinsheng & Hubbard, Kenneth G. & Cassman, Kenneth G.
- 1070-1076 Numerical simulations of water movement in a subsurface drip irrigation system under field and laboratory conditions using HYDRUS-2D
by Kandelous, Maziar M. & Simunek, Jirí
- 1077-1092 Assessing grain crop water productivity of China using a hydro-model-coupled-statistics approach: Part I: Method development and validation
by Huang, Feng & Li, Baoguo
- 1093-1098 Comparison of different irrigation methods based on the parametric evaluation approach in Dosalegh plain: Iran
by Albaji, Mohammad & Shahnazari, Ali & Behzad, Majid & Naseri, AbdAli & BoroomandNasab, Saeed & Golabi, Mona
June 2010, Volume 97, Issue 6
- 777-782 Salinity's influence on boron toxicity in broccoli: I. Impacts on yield, biomass distribution, and water use
by Smith, T.E. & Grattan, S.R. & Grieve, C.M. & Poss, J.A. & Suarez, D.L.
- 783-791 Salinity's influence on boron toxicity in broccoli: II. Impacts on boron uptake, uptake mechanisms and tissue ion relations
by Smith, T.E. & Grattan, S.R. & Grieve, C.M. & Poss, J.A. & Suarez, D.L.
- 792-800 Stochastic efficiency analysis of deficit irrigation with standard risk aversion
by Grove, Bennie & Oosthuizen, Lukas Klopper
- 801-810 Using an ADCP to determine canal seepage loss in an irrigation district
by Kinzli, Kristoph-Dietrich & Martinez, Matthew & Oad, Ramchand & Prior, Adam & Gensler, David
- 811-823 Least cost land-use changes for targeted catchment salt load and water yield impacts in south eastern Australia
by Nordblom, T.L. & Christy, B.P. & Finlayson, J.D. & Roberts, A.M. & Kelly, J.A.
- 824-834 Assessment of groundwater quality and its variations in the capture zone of a pumping well in an agricultural area
by Bonton, Alexandre & Rouleau, Alain & Bouchard, Christian & Rodriguez, Manuel J.
- 835-840 Furrow diking in conservation tillage
by Truman, C.C. & Nuti, R.C.
- 841-847 Effects of tied ridges and mulch on barley (Hordeum vulgare) rainwater use efficiency and production in Northern Ethiopia
by Araya, A. & Stroosnijder, L.
- 848-856 Differential evolution algorithm for solving multi-objective crop planning model
by Adeyemo, Josiah & Otieno, Fred
- 857-864 Seasonal and interannual variations in water vapor exchange and surface water balance over a grazed steppe in central Mongolia
by Liu, S. & Li, S.G. & Yu, G.R. & Asanuma, J. & Sugita, M. & Zhang, L.M. & Hu, Z.M. & Wei, Y.F.
- 865-871 An index of soil drought intensity and degree: An application on corn and a comparison with CWSI
by Chen, Jiazhou & Lin, Lirong & Lü, Guoan
- 872-882 Water pollution by intensive brackish shrimp farming in south-east Vietnam: Causes and options for control
by Anh, Pham Thi & Kroeze, Carolien & Bush, Simon R. & Mol, Arthur P.J.
- 883-891 Effect of flushing frequency on emitter clogging in microirrigation with effluents
by Puig-Bargués, J. & Arbat, G. & Elbana, M. & Duran-Ros, M. & Barragán, J. & de Cartagena, F. Ramírez & Lamm, F.R.
- 892-900 Optimal on-farm irrigation scheduling with a seasonal water limit using simulated annealing
by Brown, Peter D. & Cochrane, Thomas A. & Krom, Thomas D.
- 901-909 Irrigation performance before and after rehabilitation of a representative, small irrigation scheme besides the Senegal River, Mauritania
by Mateos, Luciano & Lozano, David & Baghil, Ahmed Baba Ould & Diallo, Oumar Abdoul & Gómez-Macpherson, Helena & Comas, Jordi & Connor, David
- 910-916 Tolerance of young (Ceratonia siliqua L.) carob rootstock to NaCl
by Correia, P.J. & Gama, F. & Pestana, M. & Martins-Loução, M.A.
- 917-923 Particle-size effects on soil temperature, evaporation, water use efficiency and watermelon yield in fields mulched with gravel and sand in semi-arid Loess Plateau of northwest China
by Xie, Zhongkui & Wang, Yajun & Cheng, Guodong & Malhi, Sukhdev S. & Vera, Cecil L. & Guo, Zhihong & Zhang, Yubao
- 924-932 Mapping agricultural responses to water supply shocks in large irrigation systems, southern India
by Biggs, Trent W. & Gangadhara Rao, Pardhasaradhi & Bharati, Luna
- 933-938 Determining the disaggregated economic value of irrigation water in the Musi sub-basin in India
by Hellegers, Petra & Davidson, Brian
May 2010, Volume 97, Issue 5
- 579-586 Improving water productivity in mixed crop-livestock farming systems of sub-Saharan Africa
by Descheemaeker, Katrien & Amede, Tilahun & Haileslassie, Amare
- 587-595 Modelling of the effect of dry periods on yielding of spring barley
by Szulczewski, Wieslaw & Zyromski, Andrzej & Biniak-Pieróg, Malgorzata & Machowczyk, Anna
- 596-604 Comparative evaluation of phosphorus losses from subsurface and naturally drained agricultural fields in the Pike River watershed of Quebec, Canada
by Eastman, M. & Gollamudi, A. & Stämpfli, N. & Madramootoo, C.A. & Sarangi, A.
- 605-613 Soil salinity in Aceh after the December 2004 Indian Ocean tsunami
by McLeod, M.K. & Slavich, P.G. & Irhas, Y. & Moore, N. & Rachman, A. & Ali, N. & Iskandar, T. & Hunt, C. & Caniago, C.
- 614-622 Positive impact of regulated deficit irrigation on yield and fruit quality in a commercial citrus orchard [Citrus sinensis (L.) Osbeck, cv. salustiano]
by García-Tejero, I. & Jiménez-Bocanegra, J.A. & Martínez, G. & Romero, R. & Durán-Zuazo, V.H. & Muriel-Fernández, J.L.
- 623-634 Investigating water availability for introducing an additional crop yield in dry season on hill land at Rubirizi, Rwanda
by Kannan, Narayanan & Senthivel, T. & Rayar, A.J. & Frank, Mutesa
- 635-644 Evaluation of FAO Penman-Monteith and alternative methods for estimating reference evapotranspiration with missing data in Southern Ontario, Canada
by Sentelhas, Paulo C. & Gillespie, Terry J. & Santos, Eduardo A.
- 645-650 Ten consecutive years of regulated deficit irrigation probe the sustainability and profitability of this water saving strategy in loquat
by Hueso, Juan J. & Cuevas, Julián
- 651-658 Negotiating participatory irrigation management in the Indian Himalayas
by Saravanan, V.S.
- 659-665 Sustainability of tunnel wells in a changing agrarian context: A case study from South India
by Balooni, Kulbhushan & Kalro, A.H. & Kamalamma, Ambili G.
- 666-672 Precision of soil moisture sensor irrigation controllers under field conditions
by Cardenas-Lailhacar, B. & Dukes, M.D.
- 673-680 Changes in spatial and temporal variability of SAR affected by shallow groundwater management of an irrigated field, California
by Shouse, P.J. & Goldberg, S. & Skaggs, T.H. & Soppe, R.W.O. & Ayars, J.E.
- 681-688 Yield and quality response of drip irrigated broccoli (Brassica oleracea L. var. italica) under different irrigation regimes, nitrogen applications and cultivation periods
by Erdem, Tolga & ArIn, Levent & Erdem, Yesim & Polat, Serdar & Deveci, Murat & Okursoy, Hakan & Gültas, Hüseyin T.
- 689-699 Response of citrus trees to deficit irrigation during different phenological periods in relation to yield, fruit quality, and water productivity
by García-Tejero, I. & Romero-Vicente, R. & Jiménez-Bocanegra, J.A. & Martínez-García, G. & Durán-Zuazo, V.H. & Muriel-Fernández, J.L.
- 700-706 Sub-group formation and the adoption of the alternate wetting and drying irrigation method for rice in China
by Li, Hongmei & Li, Mingxian
- 707-714 Artificial neural network for modeling reference evapotranspiration complex process in Sudano-Sahelian zone
by Traore, Seydou & Wang, Yu-Min & Kerh, Tienfuan
- 715-722 Evapotranspiration, crop coefficient and growth of two young pomegranate (Punica granatum L.) varieties under salt stress
by Bhantana, Parashuram & Lazarovitch, Naftali
- 723-730 Effects of Treflan injection on winter wheat growth and root clogging of subsurface drippers
by Yu, Yingduo & Shihong, Gong & Xu, Di & Jiandong, Wang & Ma, Xiaopeng
- 731-737 Assessing yield optimization and water reduction potential for summer-sown and spring-sown maize in Pakistan
by Iqbal, M. Anjum & Bodner, G. & Heng, L.K. & Eitzinger, J. & Hassan, A.
- 738-748 Synthetic and organic mulching and nitrogen effect on winter wheat (Triticum aestivum L.) in a semi-arid environment
by Chakraborty, Debashis & Garg, R.N. & Tomar, R.K. & Singh, Ravender & Sharma, S.K. & Singh, R.K. & Trivedi, S.M. & Mittal, R.B. & Sharma, P.K. & Kamble, K.H.
- 749-756 Comparative evaluation of SCS-CN-inspired models in applications to classified datasets
by Sahu, R.K. & Mishra, S.K. & Eldho, T.I.
- 757-762 Nitrogen and phosphorous concentrations in runoff from a purple soil in an agricultural watershed
by Han, J.G. & Li, Z.B. & Li, P. & Tian, J.L.
- 763-768 Effect of three irrigation regimes on Arbequina olive oil produced under Tunisian growing conditions
by Dabbou, Samia & Chehab, Hechmi & Faten, Brahmi & Dabbou, Sihem & Esposto, Sonia & Selvaggini, Roberto & Taticchi, Agnese & Servili, Maurizio & Montedoro, Gian Francesco & Hammami, Mohamed
- 769-775 Soil water dynamics and water use efficiency in spring maize (Zea mays L.) fields subjected to different water management practices on the Loess Plateau, China
by Liu, Yi & Li, Shiqing & Chen, Fang & Yang, Shenjiao & Chen, Xinping
April 2010, Volume 97, Issue 4
- 493-494 Investing in water for food, ecosystems, and livelihoods
by Clothier, B. & Dierickx, W. & Oster, J.D. & Perry, C.J. & Wichelns, D.
- 495-501 Investing in water for food, ecosystems, and livelihoods: An overview of the comprehensive assessment of water management in agriculture
by de Fraiture, Charlotte & Molden, David & Wichelns, Dennis
- 502-511 Satisfying future water demands for agriculture
by de Fraiture, Charlotte & Wichelns, Dennis
- 512-519 Managing water in agriculture for food production and other ecosystem services
by Gordon, Line J. & Finlayson, C. Max & Falkenmark, Malin
- 520-527 Agricultural water management and poverty linkages
by Namara, Regassa E. & Hanjra, Munir A. & Castillo, Gina E. & Ravnborg, Helle Munk & Smith, Lawrence & Van Koppen, Barbara
- 528-535 Improving agricultural water productivity: Between optimism and caution
by Molden, David & Oweis, Theib & Steduto, Pasquale & Bindraban, Prem & Hanjra, Munir A. & Kijne, Jacob
- 536-542 Managing water by managing land: Addressing land degradation to improve water productivity and rural livelihoods
by Bossio, Deborah & Geheb, Kim & Critchley, William
- 543-550 Managing water in rainfed agriculture--The need for a paradigm shift
by Rockström, Johan & Karlberg, Louise & Wani, Suhas P. & Barron, Jennie & Hatibu, Nuhu & Oweis, Theib & Bruggeman, Adriana & Farahani, Jalali & Qiang, Zhu
- 551-560 Investing in irrigation: Reviewing the past and looking to the future
by Turral, Hugh & Svendsen, Mark & Faures, Jean Marc
- 561-568 The challenges of wastewater irrigation in developing countries
by Qadir, M. & Wichelns, D. & Raschid-Sally, L. & McCornick, P.G. & Drechsel, P. & Bahri, A. & Minhas, P.S.
- 569-577 River basin closure: Processes, implications and responses
by Molle, François & Wester, Philippus & Hirsch, Philip
March 2010, Volume 97, Issue 3
- 375-381 Managing natural resources of watersheds in the semi-arid tropics for improved soil and water quality: A review
by Sahrawat, K.L. & Wani, S.P. & Pathak, P. & Rego, T.J.
- 382-388 Greenhouse gas implications of water reuse in the Upper Pumpanga River Integrated Irrigation System, Philippines
by Maraseni, Tek Narayan & Mushtaq, Shahbaz & Hafeez, Mohsin & Maroulis, Jerry
- 389-398 Modeling the impact of alternative drainage practices in the northern Corn-belt with DRAINMOD-NII
by Luo, W. & Sands, G.R. & Youssef, M. & Strock, J.S. & Song, I. & Canelon, D.
- 399-409 Developing a reliable strategy to infer the effective soil hydraulic properties from field evaporation experiments for agro-hydrological models
by Zhang, Kefeng & Burns, Ian G. & Greenwood, Duncan J. & Hammond, John P. & White, Philip J.
- 410-418 Evapotranspiration of an hedge-pruned olive orchard in a semiarid area of NE Spain
by Martínez-Cob, A. & Faci, J.M.
- 419-425 Photosynthesis, yield, and chemical composition of Tieguanyin tea plants (Camellia sinensis (L.) O. Kuntze) in response to irrigation treatments
by Chen, X.H. & Zhuang, C.G. & He, Y.F. & Wang, L. & Han, G.Q. & Chen, C. & He, H.Q.
- 426-432 Comparing soil moisture under trickle irrigation modeled as a point and line source
by Elmaloglou, S. & Diamantopoulos, E. & Dercas, N.
- 433-438 Oxyfertigation of a greenhouse tomato crop grown on rockwool slabs and irrigated with treated wastewater: Oxygen content dynamics and crop response
by Bonachela, S. & Quesada, J. & Acuña, R.A. & Magán, J.J. & Marfà, O.
- 439-448 Optimal coupling combinations between irrigation frequency and rate for drip-irrigated maize grown on sandy soil
by El-Hendawy, Salah E. & Schmidhalter, Urs
- 449-456 Evaluation of soil water storage efficiency for rainfall harvesting on hillslope micro-basins built using time domain reflectometry measurements
by Previati, M. & Bevilacqua, I. & Canone, D. & Ferraris, S. & Haverkamp, R.
- 457-464 Potential productivity and water requirements of maize-peanut rotations in Australian semi-arid tropical environments--A crop simulation study
by Chauhan, Yashvir S.
- 465-474 Field evaluation of Gee Passive Capillary Lysimeters for monitoring drainage in non-gravelly and gravelly alluvial soils: A useful tool to estimate nitrogen leaching from agriculture
by Arauzo, M. & Martínez-Bastida, J.J. & Valladolid, M. & Díez, J.A.
- 475-482 A study of root water uptake of crops indicated by hydrogen and oxygen stable isotopes: A case in Shanxi Province, China
by Wang, Peng & Song, Xianfang & Han, Dongmei & Zhang, Yinghua & Liu, Xin
- 483-489 Effectiveness of cyclic irrigation in reducing suspended solids load from a paddy-field district
by Hama, Takehide & Nakamura, Kimihito & Kawashima, Shigeto
- 490-491 Remote Sensing of Global Croplands for Food Security, Prasad S. Theknkabail, John G. Lyon, Hugh Turral, Chandrashekhar M. Biradar (Eds.). In: Taylor & Francis Series in Remote Sensing Applications, Qihao Weng (Ed.). Taylor & Francis Group, Boca Raton, Florida USA (2009). 556 pp. with 48 color p., Hardback, ISBN 978-1-4200-9009-3
by Chávez, José L.
February 2010, Volume 97, Issue 2
- 187-200 Building a metamodel of an irrigation district distributed-parameter model
by Galelli, S. & Gandolfi, C. & Soncini-Sessa, R. & Agostani, D.
- 201-207 Simulations of storm hydrographs in a mixed-landuse watershed using a modified TR-20 model
by Jang, T.I. & Kim, H.K. & Im, S.J. & Park, S.W.
- 208-214 Application of the relevance vector machine to canal flow prediction in the Sevier River Basin
by Flake, John & Moon, Todd K. & McKee, Mac & Gunther, Jacob H.
- 215-223 Water requirements of maize in the middle Heihe River basin, China
by Zhao, Wenzhi & Liu, Bing & Zhang, Zhihui
- 224-230 An alternative to define canopy surface temperature bounds
by Widmoser, P.
- 231-239 Partial root-zone irrigation enhanced soil enzyme activities and water use of maize under different ratios of inorganic to organic nitrogen fertilizers
by Li, Fusheng & Yu, Jiangmin & Nong, Mengling & Kang, Shaozhong & Zhang, Jianhua
- 240-246 Assessment of a groundwater quality monitoring network using vulnerability mapping and geostatistics: A case study from Heretaunga Plains, New Zealand
by Baalousha, Husam
- 247-258 Influence of streambank fencing with a cattle crossing on riparian health and water quality of the Lower Little Bow River in Southern Alberta, Canada
by Miller, J. & Chanasyk, D. & Curtis, T. & Entz, T. & Willms, W.
- 259-270 Evaluation of the flood mitigation effect of a Paddy Field Dam project
by Yoshikawa, N. & Nagao, N. & Misawa, S.
- 271-276 Carbon and nitrogen cycling in a tropical Brazilian soil cropped with sugarcane and irrigated with wastewater
by Leal, Rafael Marques Pereira & Firme, Lilian Pittol & Herpin, Uwe & da Fonseca, Adriel Ferreira & Montes, Célia Regina & dos Santos Dias, Carlos Tadeu & Melfi, Adolpho José
- 277-285 Simulation of nitrogen leaching from a fertigated crop rotation in a Mediterranean climate using the EU-Rotate_N and Hydrus-2D models
by Doltra, J. & Muñoz, P.
- 286-290 Usage of SUBSTOR model in potato yield prediction
by Stastná, M. & Toman, F. & Dufková, J.
- 291-299 Analyzing soil soluble phosphorus transport with root-phosphorus-uptake applying an inverse method
by Zhu, Xiangming & Zuo, Qiang & Shi, Jianchu
- 300-308 Prediction of annual reference evapotranspiration using climatic data
by Li, Yi & Horton, Robert & Ren, Tusheng & Chen, Chunyan
- 309-316 Integrating remote sensing, census and weather data for an assessment of rice yield, water consumption and water productivity in the Indo-Gangetic river basin
by Cai, X.L. & Sharma, B.R.
- 317-325 Modelling point and diffuse source pollution of nitrate in a rural lowland catchment using the SWAT model
by Lam, Q.D. & Schmalz, B. & Fohrer, N.
- 326-332 Comparison of soil water content and corn yield in furrow and conventional ridge sown systems in a semiarid region of China
by Jin, Y.H. & Zhou, D.W. & Jiang, S.C.
- 333-338 Influence of crop load on maximum daily trunk shrinkage reference equations for irrigation scheduling of early maturing peach trees
by Conejero, W. & Ortuño, M.F. & Mellisho, C.D. & Torrecillas, A.
- 339-345 Optimizing irrigation water use in the West Bank, Palestine
by Nazer, Dima W. & Tilmant, Amaury & Mimi, Ziad & Siebel, Maarten A. & Van der Zaag, Pieter & Gijzen, Huub J.
- 346-350 Yield response of sugar beets to water stress under Western European conditions
by Shrestha, Nirman & Geerts, Sam & Raes, Dirk & Horemans, Stefaan & Soentjens, Sarah & Maupas, Fabienne & Clouet, Philippe
- 351-356 Evapotranspiration and crop coefficient of Populus euphratica Oliv forest during the growing season in the extreme arid region northwest China
by Hou, L.G. & Xiao, H.L. & Si, J.H. & Xiao, S.C. & Zhou, M.X. & Yang, Y.G.
- 357-362 Evaluation of the influence of irrigation methods and water quality on sugar beet yield and water use efficiency
by Hassanli, Ali Morad & Ahmadirad, Shahram & Beecham, Simon
- 363-373 Yield and olive oil characteristics of a low-density orchard (cv. Cordovil) subjected to different irrigation regimes
by Ramos, Alice F. & Santos, Francisco L.
January 2010, Volume 97, Issue 1
- 1-11 Could trunk diameter sensors be used in woody crops for irrigation scheduling? A review of current knowledge and future perspectives
by Ortuño, M.F. & Conejero, W. & Moreno, F. & Moriana, A. & Intrigliolo, D.S. & Biel, C. & Mellisho, C.D. & Pérez-Pastor, A. & Domingo, R. & Ruiz-Sánchez, M.C. & Casadesus, J. & Bonany, J. & Torrecillas, A.
- 12-22 Maize yield response to deficit irrigation during low-sensitive growth stages and nitrogen rate under semi-arid climatic conditions
by Mansouri-Far, Cyrus & Modarres Sanavy, Seyed Ali Mohammad & Saberali, Seyed Farhad
- 23-30 Estimating the potential of rainfed agriculture in India: Prospects for water productivity improvements
by Sharma, Bharat R. & Rao, K.V. & Vittal, K.P.R. & Ramakrishna, Y.S. & Amarasinghe, U.
- 31-40 A consolidated evaluation of the FAO-56 dual crop coefficient approach using the lysimeter data in the North China Plain
by Liu, Yujie & Luo, Yi
- 41-49 Soil sodicity as a result of periodical drought
by van der Zee, S.E.A.T.M. & Shah, S.H.H. & van Uffelen, C.G.R. & Raats, P.A.C. & dal Ferro, N.
- 50-56 Impacts of small hill dams on agricultural development of hilly land in the Jendouba region of northwestern Tunisia
by Khlifi, Slaheddine & Ameur, Mehrez & Mtimet, Nadhem & Ghazouani, Nejla & Belhadj, Naoufel
- 57-65 Can carbon isotope discrimination and ash content predict grain yield and water use efficiency in wheat?
by Misra, S.C. & Shinde, S. & Geerts, S. & Rao, V.S. & Monneveux, P.
- 66-74 An improved water use efficiency of cereals under temporal and spatial deficit irrigation in north China
by Du, Taisheng & Kang, Shaozhong & Sun, Jingsheng & Zhang, Xiying & Zhang, Jianhua
- 75-82 Towards using a thermal infrared index combined with water balance modelling to monitor sugarcane irrigation in a tropical environment
by Lebourgeois, V. & Chopart, J.-L. & Bégué, A. & Le Mézo, L.
- 83-90 Soil texture, climate and management effects on plant growth, grain yield and water use by rainfed maize-wheat cropping system: Field and simulation study
by Jalota, S.K. & Singh, Sukhvinder & Chahal, G.B.S. & Ray, S.S. & Panigraghy, S. & Bhupinder-Singh & Singh, K.B.
- 91-100 Simulation of automatic control of an irrigation canal
by Lozano, D. & Arranja, C. & Rijo, M. & Mateos, L.
- 101-111 Development of a pathogen transport model for Irish catchments using SWAT
by Coffey, R. & Cummins, E. & Bhreathnach, N. & Flaherty, V.O. & Cormican, M.
- 112-122 Ontology-based simulation of water flow in organic soils applied to Florida sugarcane
by Kwon, Ho-Young & Grunwald, Sabine & Beck, Howard W. & Jung, Yunchul & Daroub, Samira H. & Lang, Timothy A. & Morgan, Kelly T.
- 123-130 Development and application of a modeling approach for surface water and groundwater interaction
by Cho, J. & Mostaghimi, S. & Kang, M.S.
- 131-138 Effects of soil water deficit on yield and quality of processing tomato under a Mediterranean climate
by Patanè, C. & Cosentino, S.L.
- 139-147 Possible utilization of high-salinity waters and application of low amounts of water for production of the halophyte Kochia scoparia as alternative fodder in saline agroecosystems
by Kafi, Mohammad & Asadi, Hajar & Ganjeali, Ali
- 148-156 Water uptake, water use efficiency, plant growth and ionic balance of wheat, barley, canola and chickpea plants on a sodic vertosol with variable subsoil NaCl salinity
by Grewal, Harsharn Singh
- 157-164 Economic analysis of navel orange cv. 'Lane late' grown on two different drought-tolerant rootstocks under deficit irrigation in South-eastern Spain
by Pérez-Pérez, J.G. & García, J. & Robles, J.M. & Botía, P.
- 165-170 Effect of saline water irrigation and manure application on the available water content, soil salinity, and growth of wheat
by Ould Ahmed, B.A. & Inoue, M. & Moritani, S.
- 171-181 Agronomic response and water productivity of almond trees under contrasted deficit irrigation regimes
by Egea, Gregorio & Nortes, Pedro A. & González-Real, María M. & Baille, Alain & Domingo, Rafael
- 182-184 Comments on "J. Vera et al., Soil water balance trial involving capacitance and neutron probe measurements" [Agric. Water Manage. 96 (2009) 905-911]
by Evett, Steven R. & Schwartz, Robert C.
- 185-185 Reply to Letter to the Editor by Drs. Evett and Schwartz
by Vera, J.
December 2009, Volume 96, Issue 12
- 1683-1690 A GIS-based susceptibility indexing method for irrigation and drinking water management planning: Application to Chebba-Mellouleche Aquifer, Tunisia
by Saidi, Salwa & Bouri, Salem & Ben Dhia, Hamed & Anselme, Brice
- 1691-1697 Determination of growth-stage-specific crop coefficients (Kc) of cotton and wheat
by Ko, Jonghan & Piccinni, Giovanni & Marek, Thomas & Howell, Terry
- 1698-1704 Determination of growth-stage-specific crop coefficients (KC) of maize and sorghum
by Piccinni, Giovanni & Ko, Jonghan & Marek, Thomas & Howell, Terry
- 1705-1714 Measurement and modeling of soil water regime in a lowland paddy field showing preferential transport
by Garg, Kaushal K. & Das, Bhabani S. & Safeeq, Mohammad & Bhadoria, Pratap B.S.
- 1715-1722 Farmer perspectives and practices regarding water pollution control programmes in Scotland
by Barnes, A.P. & Willock, J. & Hall, C. & Toma, L.
- 1723-1731 Optimal decision schemes for agricultural water quality management planning with imprecise objective
by Zhang, Xiaodong & Huang, Guo H. & Nie, Xianghui
- 1732-1736 Sowing soil water content effects on chickpea (Cicer arietinum L.): Seedling emergence and early growth interaction with genotype and seed size
by Hosseini, N.M. & Palta, J.A. & Berger, J.D. & Siddique, K.H.M.
- 1737-1745 A method for spatial prediction of daily soil water status for precise irrigation scheduling
by Hedley, C.B. & Yule, I.J.
- 1746-1750 Ammonium enhances the tolerance of rice seedlings (Oryza sativa L.) to drought condition
by Li, Yong & Gao, Yingxu & Ding, Lei & Shen, Qirong & Guo, Shiwei
- 1751-1765 Multi-method assessment of nitrate and pesticide contamination in shallow alluvial groundwater as a function of hydrogeological setting and land use
by Andrade, A.I.A.S.S. & Stigter, T.Y.
- 1766-1772 Drip irrigation with saline water for oleic sunflower (Helianthus annuus L.)
by Chen, Ming & Kang, Yaohu & Wan, Shuqin & Liu, Shi-ping
- 1773-1784 Simulation of transpiration, drainage, N uptake, nitrate leaching, and N uptake concentration in tomato grown in open substrate
by Gallardo, M. & Thompson, R.B. & Rodríguez, J.S. & Rodríguez, F. & Fernández, M.D. & Sánchez, J.A. & Magán, J.J.
- 1785-1791 Modeling farm-level adoption of deficit irrigation using Positive Mathematical Programming
by Cortignani, Raffaele & Severini, Simone
- 1792-1798 Effects of irrigation regimes on yield and water productivity of safflower (Carthamus tinctorius L.) under Mediterranean climatic conditions
by Istanbulluoglu, Ahmet
- 1799-1806 Comparing water management in rice-wheat production systems in Haryana, India and Punjab, Pakistan
by Erenstein, Olaf
- 1807-1818 FSWM: A hybrid fuzzy-stochastic water-management model for agricultural sustainability under uncertainty
by Li, Y.P. & Huang, G.H. & Wang, G.Q. & Huang, Y.F.
- 1819-1827 Hydrochemical and stable isotopic assessment of nitrate contamination in an alluvial aquifer underneath a riverside agricultural field
by Chae, Gi-Tak & Yun, Seong-Taek & Mayer, Bernhard & Choi, Byoung-Young & Kim, Kyoung-Ho & Kwon, Jang-Soon & Yu, Soon-Young
- 1828-1836 Landscape irrigation by evapotranspiration-based irrigation controllers under dry conditions in Southwest Florida
by Davis, S.L. & Dukes, M.D. & Miller, G.L.
- 1837-1843 Poverty reduction with irrigation investment: An empirical case study from Tigray, Ethiopia
by Gebregziabher, Gebrehaweria & Namara, Regassa E. & Holden, Stein
- 1844-1850 Impact of high-density stocking and selective harvesting on yield and water productivity of deepwater rice-fish systems
by Mohanty, Rajeeb K. & Jena, S.K. & Thakur, A.K. & Patil, D.U.
- 1851-1860 Characterising rice-based farming systems to identify opportunities for adopting water efficient cultivation methods in Tamil Nadu, India
by Senthilkumar, K. & Bindraban, P.S. & de Boer, W. & de Ridder, N. & Thiyagarajan, T.M. & Giller, K.E.
November 2009, Volume 96, Issue 11
- 1491-1501 Comparing rice production systems: A challenge for agronomic research and for the dissemination of knowledge-intensive farming practices
by Stoop, Willem A. & Adam, Abdoulaye & Kassam, Amir
- 1502-1508 Runoff water harvesting for dry spell mitigation for cowpea in the savannah belt of Nigeria
by Adekalu, K.O. & Balogun, J.A. & Aluko, O.B. & Okunade, D.A. & J.W.Gowing & Faborode, M.O.
- 1509-1516 Water use and technical efficiencies in horticultural greenhouses in Tunisia
by Frija, Aymen & Chebil, Ali & Speelman, Stijn & Buysse, Jeroen & Van Huylenbroeck, Guido
- 1517-1524 Increasing productivity in irrigated agriculture: Agronomic constraints and hydrological realities
by Perry, Chris & Steduto, Pasquale & Allen, Richard. G. & Burt, Charles M.
- 1525-1531 The effects of drought on the water use, fruit development and oil yield from young olive trees
by Greven, Marc & Neal, Sue & Green, Steve & Dichio, Bartolomeo & Clothier, Brent
- 1532-1540 Integrated management of irrigation water and fertilizers for wheat crop using field experiments and simulation modeling
by Behera, S.K. & Panda, R.K.
- 1541-1546 Characterisation of evaporation and drift losses with centre pivots
by Ortíz, J.N. & Tarjuelo, J.M. & de Juan, J.A.
- 1547-1559 Effect of temporal variability in soil hydraulic properties on simulated water transfer under high-frequency drip irrigation
by Mubarak, Ibrahim & Mailhol, Jean Claude & Angulo-Jaramillo, Rafael & Bouarfa, Sami & Ruelle, Pierre
- 1560-1566 Estimating the impacts of water pricing on smallholder irrigators in North West Province, South Africa
by Speelman, Stijn & Buysse, Jeroen & Farolfi, Stefano & Frija, Aymen & D'Haese, Marijke & D'Haese, Luc
- 1567-1578 Spatial and temporal trends of water productivity in the lower Mekong River Basin
by Mainuddin, Mohammed & Kirby, Mac
- 1579-1586 In situ use of groundwater by alfalfa
by Ayars, James E. & Shouse, Peter & Lesch, Scott M.
- 1587-1595 Simulation of soil water dynamics under subsurface drip irrigation from line sources
by Elmaloglou, S. & Diamantopoulos, E.
- 1596-1604 Pathways to breaking the poverty trap in Ethiopia: Investments in agricultural water, education, and markets
by Hanjra, Munir A. & Ferede, Tadele & Gutta, Debel Gemechu
- 1605-1614 The effects of contrasted deficit irrigation strategies on the fruit growth and kernel quality of mature almond trees
by Egea, Gregorio & González-Real, María M. & Baille, Alain & Nortes, Pedro A. & Sánchez-Bel, Paloma & Domingo, Rafael
- 1615-1622 Relationship between stable carbon isotope discrimination and water use efficiency under regulated deficit irrigation of pear-jujube tree
by Cui, Ningbo & Du, Taisheng & Kang, Shaozhong & Li, Fusheng & Hu, Xiaotao & Wang, Mixia & Li, Zhijun
- 1623-1632 Water conservation potential of smart irrigation controllers on St. Augustinegrass
by McCready, M.S. & Dukes, M.D. & Miller, G.L.
- 1633-1640 Implications of precipitation patterns and antecedent soil water content for leaching of pesticides from arable land
by Lewan, Elisabet & Kreuger, Jenny & Jarvis, Nicholas
- 1641-1651 Removing barriers to facilitate efficient water markets in the Murray-Darling Basin of Australia
by Qureshi, M. Ejaz & Shi, Tian & Qureshi, Sumaira E. & Proctor, Wendy
- 1652-1658 Modeling the potential for closing quinoa yield gaps under varying water availability in the Bolivian Altiplano
by Geerts, S. & Raes, D. & Garcia, M. & Taboada, C. & Miranda, R. & Cusicanqui, J. & Mhizha, T. & Vacher, J.
- 1659-1666 Subsurface drip irrigation and reclaimed water quality effects on phosphorus and salinity distribution and forage production
by Palacios-Díaz, M.P. & Mendoza-Grimón, V. & Fernández-Vera, J.R. & Rodríguez-Rodríguez, F. & Tejedor-Junco, M.T. & Hernández-Moreno, J.M.
- 1667-1672 Evaluation of surface water drainage systems for cropping in the Central Highlands of Ethiopia
by Welderufael, W.A. & Woyessa, Y.E.
- 1673-1678 Effects of drip irrigation levels and planting methods on yield and yield components of green pepper (Capsicum annuum, L.) in Bako, Ethiopia
by Gadissa, Takele & Chemeda, Desalegn
- 1679-1682 Reductions in water use following rehabilitation of a flood-irrigated area on the Murray River in South Australia
by Mosley, L.M. & Fleming, N.
October 2009, Volume 96, Issue 10
- 1369-1376 Water use and water use efficiency of sweet corn under different weather conditions and soil moisture regimes
by Garcia y Garcia, Axel & Guerra, Larry C. & Hoogenboom, Gerrit
- 1377-1386 Image processing-based study of soil porosity and its effect on water movement through Andosol intact columns
by Prado, B. & Duwig, C. & Márquez, J. & Delmas, P. & Morales, P. & James, J. & Etchevers, J.
- 1387-1397 Effect of timing of a deficit-irrigation allocation on corn evapotranspiration, yield, water use efficiency and dry mass
by Payero, J.O. & Tarkalson, D.D. & Irmak, S. & Davison, D. & Petersen, J.L.
- 1398-1408 Remote sensing for irrigation water management in the semi-arid Northeast of Brazil
by Folhes, M.T. & Rennó, C.D. & Soares, J.V.
- 1409-1420 Macromanagement of deficit-irrigated peanut with sprinkler irrigation
by Abou Kheira, Abdrabbo A.
- 1421-1428 Estimating the demand for irrigation water in a humid climate: A case study from the southeastern United States
by Mullen, Jeffrey D. & Yu, Yingzhuo & Hoogenboom, Gerrit
- 1429-1434 Effects of water stress at different development stages on yield and water productivity of winter and summer safflower (Carthamus tinctorius L.)
by Istanbulluoglu, A. & Gocmen, E. & Gezer, E. & Pasa, C. & Konukcu, F.
- 1435-1442 A comparison of WEPP and SWAT for modeling soil erosion of the Zhangjiachong Watershed in the Three Gorges Reservoir Area
by Shen, Z.Y. & Gong, Y.W. & Li, Y.H. & Hong, Q. & Xu, L. & Liu, R.M.
- 1443-1448 Leaching of nutrients from a sugarcane crop growing on an Ultisol in Brazil
by Ghiberto, P.J. & Libardi, P.L. & Brito, A.S. & Trivelin, P.C.O.
- 1449-1459 Spatial distribution of soil hydro-physical properties and morphometric analysis of a rainfed watershed as a tool for sustainable land use planning
by Kar, Gouranga & Kumar, Ashwani & Singh, R.
- 1460-1466 Association of root dry weight and transpiration efficiency of peanut genotypes under early season drought
by Puangbut, D. & Jogloy, S. & Vorasoot, N. & Akkasaeng, C. & Kesmala, T. & Rachaputi, Rao C.N. & Wright, G.C. & Patanothai, A.
- 1467-1474 Effect of different pre-sowing water application depths on wheat yield under spate irrigation in Dera Ismael Khan District of Pakistan
by Khan, M.J. & Razzaq, A. & Khattak, M.K. & Garcia, L.
- 1475-1482 Different indices to characterize water use pattern of irrigated cauliflower (Brassica oleracea L. var. botrytis) in a hot sub-humid climate of India
by Sarkar, S. & Nanda, M.K. & Biswas, M. & Mukherjee, A. & Kundu, M.
- 1483-1489 Effects of salinity and fertigation practice on cotton yield and 15N recovery
by Hou, Zhenan & Chen, Weiping & Li, Xiao & Xiu, Lin & Wu, Laosheng
September 2009, Volume 96, Issue 9
- 1275-1284 Deficit irrigation as an on-farm strategy to maximize crop water productivity in dry areas
by Geerts, Sam & Raes, Dirk
- 1285-1292 Soil moisture tension and phosphate fertilization on yield components of A-7573 sweet corn (Zea mays L.) hybrid, in Campeche, Mexico
by Rivera-Hernández, Benigno & Carrillo-Ávila, Eugenio & Obrador-Olán, José Jesús & Juárez-López, José Francisco & Aceves-Navarro, Lorenzo A. & García-López, Eustolia
- 1293-1304 Using ESAP software for predicting the spatial distributions of NDVI and transpiration of cotton
by Hunsaker, D.J. & El-Shikha, D.M. & Clarke, T.R. & French, A.N. & Thorp, K.R.
- 1305-1310 Water use of spring wheat to raise water productivity
by López-Urrea, R. & Montoro, A. & González-Piqueras, J. & López-Fuster, P. & Fereres, E.
- 1311-1322 Water and salt balance at irrigation scheme scale: A comprehensive approach for salinity assessment in a Saharan oasis
by Marlet, Serge & Bouksila, Fethi & Bahri, Akissa
- 1323-1331 Using EPIC model to manage irrigated cotton and maize
by Ko, Jonghan & Piccinni, Giovanni & Steglich, Evelyn