Agricultural Water Management
January 2010, Volume 97, Issue 1
- 101-111 Development of a pathogen transport model for Irish catchments using SWAT
by Coffey, R. & Cummins, E. & Bhreathnach, N. & Flaherty, V.O. & Cormican, M.
- 112-122 Ontology-based simulation of water flow in organic soils applied to Florida sugarcane
by Kwon, Ho-Young & Grunwald, Sabine & Beck, Howard W. & Jung, Yunchul & Daroub, Samira H. & Lang, Timothy A. & Morgan, Kelly T.
- 123-130 Development and application of a modeling approach for surface water and groundwater interaction
by Cho, J. & Mostaghimi, S. & Kang, M.S.
- 131-138 Effects of soil water deficit on yield and quality of processing tomato under a Mediterranean climate
by Patanè, C. & Cosentino, S.L.
- 139-147 Possible utilization of high-salinity waters and application of low amounts of water for production of the halophyte Kochia scoparia as alternative fodder in saline agroecosystems
by Kafi, Mohammad & Asadi, Hajar & Ganjeali, Ali
- 148-156 Water uptake, water use efficiency, plant growth and ionic balance of wheat, barley, canola and chickpea plants on a sodic vertosol with variable subsoil NaCl salinity
by Grewal, Harsharn Singh
- 157-164 Economic analysis of navel orange cv. 'Lane late' grown on two different drought-tolerant rootstocks under deficit irrigation in South-eastern Spain
by Pérez-Pérez, J.G. & García, J. & Robles, J.M. & Botía, P.
- 165-170 Effect of saline water irrigation and manure application on the available water content, soil salinity, and growth of wheat
by Ould Ahmed, B.A. & Inoue, M. & Moritani, S.
- 171-181 Agronomic response and water productivity of almond trees under contrasted deficit irrigation regimes
by Egea, Gregorio & Nortes, Pedro A. & González-Real, María M. & Baille, Alain & Domingo, Rafael
- 182-184 Comments on "J. Vera et al., Soil water balance trial involving capacitance and neutron probe measurements" [Agric. Water Manage. 96 (2009) 905-911]
by Evett, Steven R. & Schwartz, Robert C.
- 185-185 Reply to Letter to the Editor by Drs. Evett and Schwartz
by Vera, J.
December 2009, Volume 96, Issue 12
- 1683-1690 A GIS-based susceptibility indexing method for irrigation and drinking water management planning: Application to Chebba-Mellouleche Aquifer, Tunisia
by Saidi, Salwa & Bouri, Salem & Ben Dhia, Hamed & Anselme, Brice
- 1691-1697 Determination of growth-stage-specific crop coefficients (Kc) of cotton and wheat
by Ko, Jonghan & Piccinni, Giovanni & Marek, Thomas & Howell, Terry
- 1698-1704 Determination of growth-stage-specific crop coefficients (KC) of maize and sorghum
by Piccinni, Giovanni & Ko, Jonghan & Marek, Thomas & Howell, Terry
- 1705-1714 Measurement and modeling of soil water regime in a lowland paddy field showing preferential transport
by Garg, Kaushal K. & Das, Bhabani S. & Safeeq, Mohammad & Bhadoria, Pratap B.S.
- 1715-1722 Farmer perspectives and practices regarding water pollution control programmes in Scotland
by Barnes, A.P. & Willock, J. & Hall, C. & Toma, L.
- 1723-1731 Optimal decision schemes for agricultural water quality management planning with imprecise objective
by Zhang, Xiaodong & Huang, Guo H. & Nie, Xianghui
- 1732-1736 Sowing soil water content effects on chickpea (Cicer arietinum L.): Seedling emergence and early growth interaction with genotype and seed size
by Hosseini, N.M. & Palta, J.A. & Berger, J.D. & Siddique, K.H.M.
- 1737-1745 A method for spatial prediction of daily soil water status for precise irrigation scheduling
by Hedley, C.B. & Yule, I.J.
- 1746-1750 Ammonium enhances the tolerance of rice seedlings (Oryza sativa L.) to drought condition
by Li, Yong & Gao, Yingxu & Ding, Lei & Shen, Qirong & Guo, Shiwei
- 1751-1765 Multi-method assessment of nitrate and pesticide contamination in shallow alluvial groundwater as a function of hydrogeological setting and land use
by Andrade, A.I.A.S.S. & Stigter, T.Y.
- 1766-1772 Drip irrigation with saline water for oleic sunflower (Helianthus annuus L.)
by Chen, Ming & Kang, Yaohu & Wan, Shuqin & Liu, Shi-ping
- 1773-1784 Simulation of transpiration, drainage, N uptake, nitrate leaching, and N uptake concentration in tomato grown in open substrate
by Gallardo, M. & Thompson, R.B. & Rodríguez, J.S. & Rodríguez, F. & Fernández, M.D. & Sánchez, J.A. & Magán, J.J.
- 1785-1791 Modeling farm-level adoption of deficit irrigation using Positive Mathematical Programming
by Cortignani, Raffaele & Severini, Simone
- 1792-1798 Effects of irrigation regimes on yield and water productivity of safflower (Carthamus tinctorius L.) under Mediterranean climatic conditions
by Istanbulluoglu, Ahmet
- 1799-1806 Comparing water management in rice-wheat production systems in Haryana, India and Punjab, Pakistan
by Erenstein, Olaf
- 1807-1818 FSWM: A hybrid fuzzy-stochastic water-management model for agricultural sustainability under uncertainty
by Li, Y.P. & Huang, G.H. & Wang, G.Q. & Huang, Y.F.
- 1819-1827 Hydrochemical and stable isotopic assessment of nitrate contamination in an alluvial aquifer underneath a riverside agricultural field
by Chae, Gi-Tak & Yun, Seong-Taek & Mayer, Bernhard & Choi, Byoung-Young & Kim, Kyoung-Ho & Kwon, Jang-Soon & Yu, Soon-Young
- 1828-1836 Landscape irrigation by evapotranspiration-based irrigation controllers under dry conditions in Southwest Florida
by Davis, S.L. & Dukes, M.D. & Miller, G.L.
- 1837-1843 Poverty reduction with irrigation investment: An empirical case study from Tigray, Ethiopia
by Gebregziabher, Gebrehaweria & Namara, Regassa E. & Holden, Stein
- 1844-1850 Impact of high-density stocking and selective harvesting on yield and water productivity of deepwater rice-fish systems
by Mohanty, Rajeeb K. & Jena, S.K. & Thakur, A.K. & Patil, D.U.
- 1851-1860 Characterising rice-based farming systems to identify opportunities for adopting water efficient cultivation methods in Tamil Nadu, India
by Senthilkumar, K. & Bindraban, P.S. & de Boer, W. & de Ridder, N. & Thiyagarajan, T.M. & Giller, K.E.
November 2009, Volume 96, Issue 11
- 1491-1501 Comparing rice production systems: A challenge for agronomic research and for the dissemination of knowledge-intensive farming practices
by Stoop, Willem A. & Adam, Abdoulaye & Kassam, Amir
- 1502-1508 Runoff water harvesting for dry spell mitigation for cowpea in the savannah belt of Nigeria
by Adekalu, K.O. & Balogun, J.A. & Aluko, O.B. & Okunade, D.A. & J.W.Gowing & Faborode, M.O.
- 1509-1516 Water use and technical efficiencies in horticultural greenhouses in Tunisia
by Frija, Aymen & Chebil, Ali & Speelman, Stijn & Buysse, Jeroen & Van Huylenbroeck, Guido
- 1517-1524 Increasing productivity in irrigated agriculture: Agronomic constraints and hydrological realities
by Perry, Chris & Steduto, Pasquale & Allen, Richard. G. & Burt, Charles M.
- 1525-1531 The effects of drought on the water use, fruit development and oil yield from young olive trees
by Greven, Marc & Neal, Sue & Green, Steve & Dichio, Bartolomeo & Clothier, Brent
- 1532-1540 Integrated management of irrigation water and fertilizers for wheat crop using field experiments and simulation modeling
by Behera, S.K. & Panda, R.K.
- 1541-1546 Characterisation of evaporation and drift losses with centre pivots
by Ortíz, J.N. & Tarjuelo, J.M. & de Juan, J.A.
- 1547-1559 Effect of temporal variability in soil hydraulic properties on simulated water transfer under high-frequency drip irrigation
by Mubarak, Ibrahim & Mailhol, Jean Claude & Angulo-Jaramillo, Rafael & Bouarfa, Sami & Ruelle, Pierre
- 1560-1566 Estimating the impacts of water pricing on smallholder irrigators in North West Province, South Africa
by Speelman, Stijn & Buysse, Jeroen & Farolfi, Stefano & Frija, Aymen & D'Haese, Marijke & D'Haese, Luc
- 1567-1578 Spatial and temporal trends of water productivity in the lower Mekong River Basin
by Mainuddin, Mohammed & Kirby, Mac
- 1579-1586 In situ use of groundwater by alfalfa
by Ayars, James E. & Shouse, Peter & Lesch, Scott M.
- 1587-1595 Simulation of soil water dynamics under subsurface drip irrigation from line sources
by Elmaloglou, S. & Diamantopoulos, E.
- 1596-1604 Pathways to breaking the poverty trap in Ethiopia: Investments in agricultural water, education, and markets
by Hanjra, Munir A. & Ferede, Tadele & Gutta, Debel Gemechu
- 1605-1614 The effects of contrasted deficit irrigation strategies on the fruit growth and kernel quality of mature almond trees
by Egea, Gregorio & González-Real, María M. & Baille, Alain & Nortes, Pedro A. & Sánchez-Bel, Paloma & Domingo, Rafael
- 1615-1622 Relationship between stable carbon isotope discrimination and water use efficiency under regulated deficit irrigation of pear-jujube tree
by Cui, Ningbo & Du, Taisheng & Kang, Shaozhong & Li, Fusheng & Hu, Xiaotao & Wang, Mixia & Li, Zhijun
- 1623-1632 Water conservation potential of smart irrigation controllers on St. Augustinegrass
by McCready, M.S. & Dukes, M.D. & Miller, G.L.
- 1633-1640 Implications of precipitation patterns and antecedent soil water content for leaching of pesticides from arable land
by Lewan, Elisabet & Kreuger, Jenny & Jarvis, Nicholas
- 1641-1651 Removing barriers to facilitate efficient water markets in the Murray-Darling Basin of Australia
by Qureshi, M. Ejaz & Shi, Tian & Qureshi, Sumaira E. & Proctor, Wendy
- 1652-1658 Modeling the potential for closing quinoa yield gaps under varying water availability in the Bolivian Altiplano
by Geerts, S. & Raes, D. & Garcia, M. & Taboada, C. & Miranda, R. & Cusicanqui, J. & Mhizha, T. & Vacher, J.
- 1659-1666 Subsurface drip irrigation and reclaimed water quality effects on phosphorus and salinity distribution and forage production
by Palacios-Díaz, M.P. & Mendoza-Grimón, V. & Fernández-Vera, J.R. & Rodríguez-Rodríguez, F. & Tejedor-Junco, M.T. & Hernández-Moreno, J.M.
- 1667-1672 Evaluation of surface water drainage systems for cropping in the Central Highlands of Ethiopia
by Welderufael, W.A. & Woyessa, Y.E.
- 1673-1678 Effects of drip irrigation levels and planting methods on yield and yield components of green pepper (Capsicum annuum, L.) in Bako, Ethiopia
by Gadissa, Takele & Chemeda, Desalegn
- 1679-1682 Reductions in water use following rehabilitation of a flood-irrigated area on the Murray River in South Australia
by Mosley, L.M. & Fleming, N.
October 2009, Volume 96, Issue 10
- 1369-1376 Water use and water use efficiency of sweet corn under different weather conditions and soil moisture regimes
by Garcia y Garcia, Axel & Guerra, Larry C. & Hoogenboom, Gerrit
- 1377-1386 Image processing-based study of soil porosity and its effect on water movement through Andosol intact columns
by Prado, B. & Duwig, C. & Márquez, J. & Delmas, P. & Morales, P. & James, J. & Etchevers, J.
- 1387-1397 Effect of timing of a deficit-irrigation allocation on corn evapotranspiration, yield, water use efficiency and dry mass
by Payero, J.O. & Tarkalson, D.D. & Irmak, S. & Davison, D. & Petersen, J.L.
- 1398-1408 Remote sensing for irrigation water management in the semi-arid Northeast of Brazil
by Folhes, M.T. & Rennó, C.D. & Soares, J.V.
- 1409-1420 Macromanagement of deficit-irrigated peanut with sprinkler irrigation
by Abou Kheira, Abdrabbo A.
- 1421-1428 Estimating the demand for irrigation water in a humid climate: A case study from the southeastern United States
by Mullen, Jeffrey D. & Yu, Yingzhuo & Hoogenboom, Gerrit
- 1429-1434 Effects of water stress at different development stages on yield and water productivity of winter and summer safflower (Carthamus tinctorius L.)
by Istanbulluoglu, A. & Gocmen, E. & Gezer, E. & Pasa, C. & Konukcu, F.
- 1435-1442 A comparison of WEPP and SWAT for modeling soil erosion of the Zhangjiachong Watershed in the Three Gorges Reservoir Area
by Shen, Z.Y. & Gong, Y.W. & Li, Y.H. & Hong, Q. & Xu, L. & Liu, R.M.
- 1443-1448 Leaching of nutrients from a sugarcane crop growing on an Ultisol in Brazil
by Ghiberto, P.J. & Libardi, P.L. & Brito, A.S. & Trivelin, P.C.O.
- 1449-1459 Spatial distribution of soil hydro-physical properties and morphometric analysis of a rainfed watershed as a tool for sustainable land use planning
by Kar, Gouranga & Kumar, Ashwani & Singh, R.
- 1460-1466 Association of root dry weight and transpiration efficiency of peanut genotypes under early season drought
by Puangbut, D. & Jogloy, S. & Vorasoot, N. & Akkasaeng, C. & Kesmala, T. & Rachaputi, Rao C.N. & Wright, G.C. & Patanothai, A.
- 1467-1474 Effect of different pre-sowing water application depths on wheat yield under spate irrigation in Dera Ismael Khan District of Pakistan
by Khan, M.J. & Razzaq, A. & Khattak, M.K. & Garcia, L.
- 1475-1482 Different indices to characterize water use pattern of irrigated cauliflower (Brassica oleracea L. var. botrytis) in a hot sub-humid climate of India
by Sarkar, S. & Nanda, M.K. & Biswas, M. & Mukherjee, A. & Kundu, M.
- 1483-1489 Effects of salinity and fertigation practice on cotton yield and 15N recovery
by Hou, Zhenan & Chen, Weiping & Li, Xiao & Xiu, Lin & Wu, Laosheng
September 2009, Volume 96, Issue 9
- 1275-1284 Deficit irrigation as an on-farm strategy to maximize crop water productivity in dry areas
by Geerts, Sam & Raes, Dirk
- 1285-1292 Soil moisture tension and phosphate fertilization on yield components of A-7573 sweet corn (Zea mays L.) hybrid, in Campeche, Mexico
by Rivera-Hernández, Benigno & Carrillo-Ávila, Eugenio & Obrador-Olán, José Jesús & Juárez-López, José Francisco & Aceves-Navarro, Lorenzo A. & García-López, Eustolia
- 1293-1304 Using ESAP software for predicting the spatial distributions of NDVI and transpiration of cotton
by Hunsaker, D.J. & El-Shikha, D.M. & Clarke, T.R. & French, A.N. & Thorp, K.R.
- 1305-1310 Water use of spring wheat to raise water productivity
by López-Urrea, R. & Montoro, A. & González-Piqueras, J. & López-Fuster, P. & Fereres, E.
- 1311-1322 Water and salt balance at irrigation scheme scale: A comprehensive approach for salinity assessment in a Saharan oasis
by Marlet, Serge & Bouksila, Fethi & Bahri, Akissa
- 1323-1331 Using EPIC model to manage irrigated cotton and maize
by Ko, Jonghan & Piccinni, Giovanni & Steglich, Evelyn
- 1332-1338 Estimation of water levels in a main drainage canal in a flat low-lying agricultural area using artificial neural network models
by Chinh, L.V. & Hiramatsu, K. & Harada, M. & Mori, M.
- 1339-1343 A modified climate diagram displaying net water requirements of wetlands in arid and semi-arid regions
by Jia, Z. & Luo, W.
- 1344-1350 Farm-level perspectives regarding irrigation water prices in the Tulkarm district, Palestine
by Abu-Madi, Maher O.
- 1351-1359 Economic assessment of shade-cloth covers for agricultural irrigation reservoirs in a semi-arid climate
by Martínez Alvarez, V. & Leyva, J. Calatrava & Maestre Valero, J.F. & Górriz, B. Martín
- 1360-1368 Assessing the well water pollution problem by nitrates in the small scale farming systems of the Niayes region, Senegal
by Sall, M. & Vanclooster, M.
August 2009, Volume 96, Issue 8
- 1181-1190 Simulations of multipurpose water availability in a semi-arid catchment under different management strategies
by Burte, Julien & Jamin, Jean-Yves & Coudrain, Anne & Frischkorn, Horst & Martins, Eduardo Sávio
- 1191-1200 Water demand and flows in the São Francisco River Basin (Brazil) with increased irrigation
by Maneta, M.P. & Torres, M. & Wallender, W.W. & Vosti, S. & Kirby, M. & Bassoi, L.H. & Rodrigues, L.N.
- 1201-1206 Shade effect on photosynthesis and photoinhibition in olive during drought and rewatering
by Sofo, Adriano & Dichio, Bartolomeo & Montanaro, Giuseppe & Xiloyannis, Cristos
- 1207-1217 Application of the Soil and Water Assessment Tool (SWAT) to predict the impact of alternative management practices on water quality and quantity
by Ullrich, Antje & Volk, Martin
- 1218-1222 Evaluation of humic substances fertigation through surface and subsurface drip irrigation systems on potato grown under Egyptian sandy soil conditions
by Selim, E.M. & Mosa, A.A. & El-Ghamry, A.M.
- 1223-1228 Water productivity in smallholder irrigation schemes in South Africa
by Yokwe, Stanley
- 1229-1236 Magnetic treatment of irrigation water: Its effects on vegetable crop yield and water productivity
by Maheshwari, Basant L. & Grewal, Harsharn Singh
- 1237-1246 Response of vegetative growth and fruit development to regulated deficit irrigation at different growth stages of pear-jujube tree
by Cui, Ningbo & Du, Taisheng & Li, Fusheng & Tong, Ling & Kang, Shaozhong & Wang, Mixia & Liu, Xiaozhi & Li, Zhijun
- 1247-1258 Tomato nitrogen accumulation and fertilizer use efficiency on a sandy soil, as affected by nitrogen rate and irrigation scheduling
by Zotarelli, L. & Dukes, M.D. & Scholberg, J.M.S. & Muñoz-Carpena, R. & Icerman, J.
- 1259-1267 Evaluating planning and delivery performance of Water User Associations (WUAs) in Osh Province, Kyrgyzstan
by Kazbekov, Jusipbek & Abdullaev, Iskandar & Manthrithilake, Herath & Qureshi, Asad & Jumaboev, Kakhramon
- 1268-1274 Growth and evapotranspiration pattern of rajmash (Phaseolus vulgaris L.) under varying irrigation schedules and phosphate levels in a hot sub-humid climate
by Kundu, M. & Sarkar, S.
July 2009, Volume 96, Issue 7
- 1062-1070 Reducing poverty in sub-Saharan Africa through investments in water and other priorities
by Hanjra, Munir A. & Ferede, Tadele & Gutta, Debel Gemechu
- 1071-1077 Improved water capture and erosion reduction through furrow diking
by Truman, C.C. & Nuti, R.C.
- 1078-1084 Agronomic and economic response to furrow diking tillage in irrigated and non-irrigated cotton (Gossypium hirsutum L.)
by Nuti, R.C. & Lamb, M.C. & Sorensen, R.B. & Truman, C.C.
- 1085-1095 Seasonal climate change impacts on evapotranspiration, precipitation deficit and crop yield in Puerto Rico
by Harmsen, Eric W. & Miller, Norman L. & Schlegel, Nicole J. & Gonzalez, J.E.
- 1096-1104 Integrated effect of transplanting date, cultivar and irrigation on yield, water saving and water productivity of rice (Oryza sativa L.) in Indian Punjab: Field and simulation study
by Jalota, S.K. & Singh, K.B. & Chahal, G.B.S. & Gupta, R.K. & Chakraborty, Somsubhra & Sood, Anil & Ray, S.S. & Panigrahy, S.
- 1105-1113 Long term responses of olive trees to salinity
by Melgar, J.C. & Mohamed, Y. & Serrano, N. & García-Galavís, P.A. & Navarro, C. & Parra, M.A. & Benlloch, M. & Fernández-Escobar, R.
- 1114-1119 Policy incentives for reducing nitrate leaching from intensive agriculture in desert oases of Alxa, Inner Mongolia, China
by Wei, Yongping & Chen, Deli & Hu, Kelin & Willett, Ian R. & Langford, John
- 1120-1127 Combined use of optical and radar satellite data for the detection of tillage and irrigation operations: Case study in Central Morocco
by Hadria, R. & Duchemin, B. & Baup, F. & Le Toan, T. & Bouvet, A. & Dedieu, G. & Le Page, M.
- 1128-1136 Using a furrow system for surface drainage under unsteady rain
by Taky, A. & Mailhol, J.C. & Belaud, G.
- 1137-1145 Variation in reference crop evapotranspiration caused by the Ångström-Prescott coefficient: Locally calibrated versus the FAO recommended
by Liu, Xiaoying & Mei, Xurong & Li, Yuzhong & Wang, Qingsuo & Zhang, Yanqing & Porter, John Roy
- 1146-1154 Modern analysis of surface irrigation systems with WinSRFR
by Bautista, E. & Clemmens, A.J. & Strelkoff, T.S. & Schlegel, J.
- 1155-1161 Evapotranspiration and responses to irrigation of broccoli
by López-Urrea, R. & Montoro, A. & López-Fuster, P. & Fereres, E.
- 1162-1169 Analysis of surface irrigation systems with WinSRFR--Example application
by Bautista, E. & Clemmens, A.J. & Strelkoff, T.S. & Niblack, M.
- 1170-1174 Forage evapotranspiration and photosynthetically active radiation interception in proximity to deciduous trees
by Feldhake, Charles M.
- 1175-1179 Evaluating the influence of wetland vegetation on chemical residence time in Mississippi Delta drainage ditches
by Kröger, R. & Moore, M.T. & Locke, M.A. & Cullum, R.F. & Steinriede Jr., R.W. & Testa III, S. & Bryant, C.T. & Cooper, C.M.
June 2009, Volume 96, Issue 6
- 893-904 Measured and simulated soil wetting patterns under porous clay pipe sub-surface irrigation
by Siyal, A.A. & Skaggs, T.H.
- 905-911 Soil water balance trial involving capacitance and neutron probe measurements
by Vera, J. & Mounzer, O. & Ruiz-Sánchez, M.C. & Abrisqueta, I. & Tapia, L.M. & Abrisqueta, J.M.
- 912-916 Subsurface drip irrigation of corn in the United States Mid-South
by Vories, E.D. & Tacker, P.L. & Lancaster, S.W. & Glover, R.E.
- 917-924 Spatial root distribution of mature apple trees under drip irrigation system
by Sokalska, D.I. & Haman, D.Z. & Szewczuk, A. & Sobota, J. & Deren, D.
- 925-930 Annual carbon and nitrogen loadings for a furrow-irrigated field
by King, A.P. & Evatt, K.J. & Six, J. & Poch, R.M. & Rolston, D.E. & Hopmans, J.W.
- 931-938 Evaluation of post-rainy season crops with residual soil moisture and different tillage methods in rice fallow of eastern India
by Kar, Gouranga & Kumar, Ashwani
- 939-945 Simulation of artificial neural network model for trunk sap flow of Pyrus pyrifolia and its comparison with multiple-linear regression
by Liu, Xiaozhi & Kang, Shaozhong & Li, Fusheng
- 946-954 Nitrate leaching in a silage maize field under different irrigation and nitrogen fertilizer rates
by Gheysari, Mahdi & Mirlatifi, Seyed Majid & Homaee, Mehdi & Asadi, Mohammad Esmaeil & Hoogenboom, Gerrit
- 955-962 Variability in energy partitioning and resistance parameters for a vineyard in northwest China
by Li, Sien & Tong, Ling & Li, Fusheng & Zhang, Lu & Zhang, Baozhong & Kang, Shaozhong
- 963-968 Increasing crop yield in water scarce environments using locally available materials: An experience from semi-arid areas in Mpwapwa District, central Tanzania
by Shemdoe, R.S. & Van Damme, P. & Kikula, I.S.
- 969-974 Influence of deficit irrigation in phase III of fruit growth on fruit quality in 'lane late' sweet orange
by Pérez-Pérez, J.G. & Robles, J.M. & Botía, P.
- 975-981 Assessment of alternative water management options for irrigated agriculture
by Jhorar, R.K. & Smit, A.A.M.F.R. & Roest, C.W.J.
- 982-990 Using satellite remote sensing to assess irrigation performance in Water User Associations in the Lower Gediz Basin, Turkey
by Karatas, Bekir S. & Akkuzu, Erhan & Unal, Halil B. & Asik, Serafettin & Avci, Musa
- 991-1000 Rose-scented geranium (Pelargonium capitatumxP. radens) growth and essential oil yield response to different soil water depletion regimes
by Eiasu, B.K. & Steyn, J.M. & Soundy, P.
- 1001-1009 Temporal variability in water quality of agricultural tailwaters: Implications for water quality monitoring
by Brauer, N. & O'Geen, A.T. & Dahlgren, R.A.
- 1010-1020 Simulation of heat and water transfer in a surface irrigated, cropped sandy soil
by Ji, X.B. & Kang, E.S. & Zhao, W.Z. & Zhang, Z.H. & Jin, B.W.
- 1021-1030 Nitrate-N loadings through subsurface environment to agricultural drainage ditches in two flat Midwestern (USA) watersheds
by Goswami, D. & Kalita, P.K. & Cooke, R.A.C. & McIsaac, G.F.
- 1031-1036 Single and dual crop coefficients and water requirements for onion (Allium cepa L.) under semiarid conditions
by López-Urrea, R. & Martín de Santa Olalla, F. & Montoro, A. & López-Fuster, P.
- 1037-1044 Seasonal variations in sap flow and soil evaporation in an olive (Olea europaea L.) grove under two irrigation regimes in an arid region of Argentina
by Rousseaux, M. Cecilia & Figuerola, Patricia I. & Correa-Tedesco, Guillermo & Searles, Peter S.
- 1045-1051 Postharvest residual soil nutrients and yield of spring wheat under water deficit in arid northwest China
by Zhang, Hengjia & Gan, Yantai & Huang, Gaobao & Zhao, Wenzhi & Li, Fengmin
- 1052-1058 Influence of puddling procedures on the quality of rice paddy drainage water
by Somura, Hiroaki & Takeda, Ikuo & Mori, Yasushi
May 2009, Volume 96, Issue 5
- 723-735 Irrigation scheduling strategies for cotton to cope with water scarcity in the Fergana Valley, Central Asia
by Pereira, L.S. & Paredes, P. & Sholpankulov, E.D. & Inchenkova, O.P. & Teodoro, P.R. & Horst, M.G.
- 736-744 Water production functions of wheat (Triticum aestivum L.) irrigated with saline and alkali waters using double-line source sprinkler system
by Singh, R.B. & Chauhan, C.P.S. & Minhas, P.S.
- 745-756 Laboratory experiment on drip emitter clogging with fresh water and treated sewage effluent
by Liu, Haijun & Huang, Guanhua
- 757-770 Adapting PILOTE model for water and yield management under direct seeding system: The case of corn and durum wheat in a Mediterranean context
by Khaledian, M.R. & Mailhol, J.C. & Ruelle, P. & Rosique, P.
- 771-789 A European irrigation map for spatially distributed agricultural modelling
by Wriedt, Gunter & van der Velde, Marijn & Aloe, Alberto & Bouraoui, Fayal
- 790-798 Association of root, specific leaf area and SPAD chlorophyll meter reading to water use efficiency of peanut under different available soil water
by Songsri, P. & Jogloy, S. & Holbrook, C.C. & Kesmala, T. & Vorasoot, N. & Akkasaeng, C. & Patanothai, A.
- 799-808 Corn yield responses under crop evapotranspiration-based irrigation management
by Ko, Jonghan & Piccinni, Giovanni
- 809-821 Interaction of water and nitrogen on maize grown for silage
by Gheysari, Mahdi & Mirlatifi, Seyed Majid & Bannayan, Mohammad & Homaee, Mehdi & Hoogenboom, Gerrit
- 822-830 Water user associations in Inner Mongolia: Factors that influence farmers to join
by Qiao, Guanghua & Zhao, Lijuan & Klein, K.K.
- 831-838 Optimal levels of postharvest deficit irrigation for promoting early flowering and harvest dates in loquat (Eriobotrya japonica Lindl.)
by Cuevas, J. & Pinillos, V. & Caete, M.L. & Gonzlez, M. & Alonso, F. & Fernndez, M.D. & Hueso, J.J.
- 839-846 Regional partnerships to assist public-private investments in irrigation systems
by Khan, Shahbaz & Mushtaq, Shahbaz
- 847-858 The water balance of irrigated forages in northern Victoria, Australia
by Greenwood, K.L. & Lawson, A.R. & Kelly, K.B.
- 859-865 Farmer participation in irrigation management: The case of Doroodzan Dam Irrigation Network, Iran
by Azizi Khalkheili, Taher & Zamani, Gholam Hosein
- 866-874 Yield and quality of melon grown under different irrigation and nitrogen rates
by Cabello, M.J. & Castellanos, M.T. & Romojaro, F. & Martnez-Madrid, C. & Ribas, F.
- 875-882 Estimation of irrigation return flow from paddy fields considering the soil moisture
by Kim, H.K. & Jang, T.I. & Im, S.J. & Park, S.W.
- 883-891 Economic impacts on farm households due to water reallocation in China's Chaobai watershed
by Zhou, Yuan & Zhang, Yili & Abbaspour, Karim C. & Mosler, Hans-Joachim & Yang, Hong
April 2009, Volume 96, Issue 4
- 541-550 Determining reference values for stem water potential and maximum daily trunk shrinkage in young apple trees based on plant responses to water deficit
by De Swaef, Tom & Steppe, Kathy & Lemeur, Raoul
- 551-564 Diagnosing irrigation performance and water productivity through satellite remote sensing and secondary data in a large irrigation system of Pakistan
by Ahmad, M.D. & Turral, H. & Nazeer, A.
- 565-573 Evaporation and canopy conductance of citrus orchards
by Villalobos, F.J. & Testi, L. & Moreno-Perez, M.F.
- 574-584 Yield and fruit development in mango (Mangifera indica L. cv. Chok Anan) under different irrigation regimes
by Spreer, Wolfram & Ongprasert, Somchai & Hegele, Martin & Wnsche, Jens N. & Mller, Joachim
- 585-594 Effect of sodium and nitrogen on yield function of irrigated maize in southern Portugal
by Ramos, T.B. & Gonalves, M.C. & Castanheira, N.L. & Martins, J.C. & Santos, F.L. & Prazeres, A. & Fernandes, M.L.
- 595-602 Determination of optimum irrigation water amount for drip-irrigated muskmelon (Cucumis melo L.) in plastic greenhouse
by Zeng, Chun-Zhi & Bie, Zhi-Long & Yuan, Bao-Zhong
- 603-615 Yield and water-production functions of two durum wheat cultivars grown under different irrigation and nitrogen regimes
by Karam, Fadi & Kabalan, Rabih & Breidi, Jolle & Rouphael, Youssef & Oweis, Theib
- 616-626 Mineral content of three olive cultivars irrigated with treated industrial wastewater
by Al-Absi, K.M. & Al-Nasir, F.M. & Mahadeen, A.Y.
- 627-637 Detecting subsurface drainage systems and estimating drain spacing in intensively managed agricultural landscapes
by Naz, B.S. & Ale, S. & Bowling, L.C.
- 638-652 Evaluation of satellite evapotranspiration estimates using ground-meteorological data available for the Flumen District into the Ebro Valley of N.E. Spain
by Ramos, J.G. & Cratchley, C.R. & Kay, J.A. & Casterad, M.A. & Martnez-Cob, A. & Domnguez, R.
- 653-665 Simulated effect of drainage water management operational strategy on hydrology and crop yield for Drummer soil in the Midwestern United States
by Ale, S. & Bowling, L.C. & Brouder, S.M. & Frankenberger, J.R. & Youssef, M.A.
- 666-676 Runoff-denoted drought index and its relationship to the yields of spring wheat in the arid area of Hexi corridor, Northwest China
by Wang, Jinsong & Feng, Jianying & Yang, Lanfang & Guo, Jiangyong & Pu, Zhaoxia
- 677-690 Phosphorus losses from an artificially drained rural lowland catchment in North-Eastern Germany
by Tiemeyer, B. & Kahle, P. & Lennartz, B.
- 691-701 MIRRIG: A decision support system for design and evaluation of microirrigation systems
by Pedras, C.M.G. & Pereira, L.S. & Gonalves, J.M.
- 702-710 Multicriteria analysis for design of microirrigation systems. Application and sensitivity analysis
by Pedras, C.M.G. & Pereira, L.S.
- 711-721 A discussion on and alternative to the Penman-Monteith equation
by Widmoser, Peter
- 722-722 A note regarding "Increasing water productivity in crop production--A synthesis," by M.H. Ali and M.S.U. Talukder [Agric. Water Manage. 95, 1201-1213]
by Clothier, B. & Dierickx, W. & Oster, J. & Wichelns, D.
March 2009, Volume 96, Issue 3
- 349-360 Water management and crop production for food security in China: A review
by Khan, Shahbaz & Hanjra, Munir A. & Mu, Jianxin
- 361-373 Agriculture in South Asia and its implications on downstream health and sustainability: A review
by Atapattu, Sithara S. & Kodituwakku, Dekshika C.
- 374-382 Effects of rainfall harvesting and mulching technologies on water use efficiency and crop yield in the semi-arid Loess Plateau, China
by Wang, Yajun & Xie, Zhongkui & Malhi, Sukhdev S. & Vera, Cecil L. & Zhang, Yubao & Wang, Jinniu
- 383-394 Deficit irrigation in maize for reducing agricultural water use in a Mediterranean environment
by Farré, I. & Faci, J.-M.
- 395-404 Prediction of the soil-depth salinity-trend in a vineyard after sustained irrigation with saline water
by de Clercq, W.P. & Van Meirvenne, M. & Fey, M.V.
- 405-414 Simulation of putting-green soil water dynamics: Implications for turfgrass water use
by McCoy, E.L. & McCoy, K.R.
- 415-428 A simplified modelling approach for pesticide transport in a tile-drained field: The PESTDRAIN model
by Branger, F. & Tournebize, J. & Carluer, N. & Kao, C. & Braud, I. & Vauclin, M.
- 429-436 Effects of EC-based irrigation scheduling and CO2 enrichment on water use efficiency of a greenhouse cucumber crop
by Sánchez-Guerrero, M.C. & Lorenzo, P. & Medrano, E. & Baille, A. & Castilla, N.
- 437-444 Contamination of shallow groundwater system and soil-plant transfer of trace metals under amended irrigated fields
by Tijani, Moshood N.
- 445-456 Soil fertility and nutrient uptake by arecanut (Areca catechu L.) as affected by level and frequency of fertigation in a laterite soil
by Bhat, Ravi & Sujatha, S.
- 457-464 Study of feasibility of night-closure of irrigation canals for water saving
by Ghumman, A.R. & Khan, Z. & Turral, H.
- 465-472 Estimating reference evapotranspiration with atmometers in a semiarid environment
by Gavilán, P. & Castillo-Llanque, F.
- 473-483 Comparing theoretical irrigation requirement and actual irrigation for citrus in Florida
by Romero, Consuelo C. & Dukes, Michael D. & Baigorria, Guillermo A. & Cohen, Ron
- 484-492 Information technology and innovative drainage management practices for selenium load reduction from irrigated agriculture to provide stakeholder assurances and meet contaminant mass loading policy objectives
by Quinn, Nigel W.T.
- 493-503 Water markets and soil salinity nexus: Can minimum irrigation intensities address the issue?
by Khan, Shahbaz & Rana, Tariq & Hanjra, Munir A. & Zirilli, John
- 504-510 Identification of the hydraulic conductivity using a global optimization method
by Gómez, S. & Severino, G. & Randazzo, L. & Toraldo, G. & Otero, J.M.
- 511-516 Optimizing supplemental irrigation: Tradeoffs between profitability and sustainability
by Oweis, Theib & Hachum, Ahmed
- 517-524 The effect of salinity on water productivity of wheat under deficit irrigation above shallow groundwater
by Gowing, J.W. & Rose, D.A. & Ghamarnia, H.
- 525-532 Yield and water productivity of rice as affected by time of transplanting in Punjab, India
by Mahajan, G. & Bharaj, T.S. & Timsina, J.
- 533-538 Effects of hysteresis on redistribution of soil moisture and deep percolation at continuous and pulse drip irrigation
by Elmaloglou, S. & Diamantopoulos, E.
February 2009, Volume 96, Issue 2
- 179-187 Agro-environmental evaluation of irrigation land: I. Water use in Bardenas irrigation district (Spain)
by Causapé Valenzuela, Jesús
- 188-194 Agro-environmental evaluation of irrigation land: II. Pollution induced by Bardenas Irrigation District (Spain)
by Causapé Valenzuela, Jesús
- 195-207 Water and nitrogen interaction on soil profile water extraction and ET in maize-wheat cropping system
by Lenka, S. & Singh, A.K. & Lenka, N.K.
- 208-214 Effects of partial root-zone irrigation on the nitrogen absorption and utilization of maize
by Hu, Tiantian & Kang, Shaozhong & Li, Fusheng & Zhang, Jianhua
- 215-225 Water management institutional reform: A representative look at northern China
by Huang, Qiuqiong & Rozelle, Scott & Wang, Jinxia & Huang, Jikun
- 226-232 Irrigation management practices of cabbage farmers in Botswana using saline groundwater
by Hess, T.M. & Molatakgosi, G.
- 233-246 Prediction of irrigation return flows through a hierarchical modeling approach
by Mohan, S. & Vijayalakshmi, D.P.
- 247-254 Environmental decision support system development for seasonal wetland salt management in a river basin subjected to water quality regulation
by Quinn, Nigel W.T.
- 255-266 Seasonal variation in groundwater levels and quality under intensively drained and grazed pastures in the Montagu catchment, NW Tasmania
by Holz, G.K.
- 267-281 Evaluation of the DRAINMOD-N II model for predicting nitrogen losses in a loamy sand under cultivation in south-east Sweden
by Salazar, Osvaldo & Wesström, Ingrid & Youssef, Mohamed A. & Skaggs, R. Wayne & Joel, Abraham
- 282-292 Response of Vitis vinifera cv. 'Tempranillo' to partial rootzone drying in the field: Water relations, growth, yield and fruit and wine quality
by Intrigliolo, D.S. & Castel, J.R.
- 293-298 Effect of different irrigation regimes on carbohydrate partitioning in leaves and wood of two table olive cultivars (Olea europaea L. cv. Meski and Picholine)
by Chehab, H. & Mechri, B. & Mariem, F.B. & Hammami, M. & Ben Elhadj, S. & Braham, M.
- 299-306 Comparison of measured and simulated water storage in dryland terraces of the Loess Plateau, China
by Lü, Haishen & Zhu, Yonghua & Skaggs, Todd H. & Yu, Zhongbo
- 307-316 Sodicity and salinity in a Brazilian Oxisol cultivated with sugarcane irrigated with wastewater
by Leal, Rafael Marques Pereira & Herpin, Uwe & Fonseca, Adriel Ferreira da & Firme, Lilian Pittol & Montes, Célia Regina & Melfi, Adolpho José
- 317-329 Participatory water management at the main canal: A case from South Ferghana canal in Uzbekistan
by Abdullaev, Iskandar & Kazbekov, Jusipbek & Manthritilake, Hearth & Jumaboev, Kahramon
- 330-336 The variable response of dryland corn yield to soil water content at planting
by Nielsen, David C. & Vigil, Merle F. & Benjamin, Joseph G.
- 337-348 Water use and distribution profile under pulse and oilseed crops in semiarid northern high latitude areas
by Gan, Y. & Campbell, C.A. & Liu, L. & Basnyat, P. & McDonald, C.L.
January 2009, Volume 96, Issue 1
- 1-11 Simulation of land use impacts on groundwater levels and streamflow in a Virginia watershed
by Cho, J. & Barone, V.A. & Mostaghimi, S.
- 12-22 Deficit irrigation without reducing yield or nut splitting in pistachio (Pistacia vera cv Kerman on Pistacia terebinthus L.)
by Gijón, M.C. & Guerrero, J. & Couceiro, J.F. & Moriana, A.
- 23-34 Tomato yield, biomass accumulation, root distribution and irrigation water use efficiency on a sandy soil, as affected by nitrogen rate and irrigation scheduling
by Zotarelli, Lincoln & Scholberg, Johannes M. & Dukes, Michael D. & Muñoz-Carpena, Rafael & Icerman, Jason