Agricultural Water Management
July 2007, Volume 91, Issue 1-3
- 11-23 Making water productivity operational--A concept of agricultural water productivity exemplified at a wheat-maize cropping pattern in the North China plain
by Bluemling, Bettina & Yang, Hong & Pahl-Wostl, Claudia
- 24-32 Irrigation management and rootstock effects on navel orange [Citrus sinensis (L.) Osbeck] fruit quality
by Treeby, M.T. & Henriod, R.E. & Bevington, K.B. & Milne, D.J. & Storey, R.
- 33-42 Evaluation of FAO-56 crop coefficient procedures for deficit irrigation management of cotton in a humid climate
by Suleiman, Ayman A. & Tojo Soler, Cecilia M. & Hoogenboom, Gerrit
- 43-50 Erosion control practices integrated with polyacrylamide for nutrient reduction in rill irrigation runoff
by Szogi, A.A. & Leib, B.G. & Redulla, C.A. & Stevens, R.G. & Mathews, G.R. & Strausz, D.A.
- 51-60 Assessing deficit irrigation strategies at the level of an irrigation district
by Lorite, I.J. & Mateos, L. & Orgaz, F. & Fereres, E.
- 61-70 Economic evaluation of small multi-purpose ponds in the Zhanghe irrigation system, China
by Mushtaq, Shahbaz & Dawe, David & Hafeez, Mohsin
- 71-77 The falaj irrigation system and water allocation markets in Northern Oman
by Al-Marshudi, Ahmed Salim
- 78-85 Nitrite accumulation in coastal clay soil of India under inadequate subsurface drainage
by Singh, Man & Pabbi, Sunil & Bhattacharya, A.K. & Singh, A.K.
- 86-91 Effects of temperature increase on water use and crop yields in a pea-spring wheat-potato rotation
by Xiao, Guoju & Zhang, Qiang & Yao, Yubi & Yang, Shengmao & Wang, Runyuan & Xiong, Youcai & Sun, Zhaojun
- 92-101 Energy balance measurements and a simple model for estimating pecan water use efficiency
by Wang, Junming & Miller, David R. & Sammis, Ted W. & Gutschick, Vince P. & Simmons, Luke J. & Andales, Allan A.
- 102-111 Interactions between salinity and irrigation frequency in greenhouse pepper grown in closed-cycle hydroponic systems
by Savvas, D. & Stamati, E. & Tsirogiannis, I.L. & Mantzos, N. & Barouchas, P.E. & Katsoulas, N. & Kittas, C.
- 112-111 T.V. Cech, Principles of Water Resources: History, Development, Management and Policy, John Wiley & Sons, Inc., 605 Third Avenue, New York, NY, USA (2005) ISBN 0-471-43861-8 446 pp., cloth: alk. paper, US$ 98.95
by Dumedah, Gift
- 113-111 N.E. Bassam and P. Maegaard, Integrated Renewable Energy for Rural Communities: Planning Guidelines, Technologies and Applications, Elsevier BV, Sara Burgerhartstraut 25, Amsterdam, The Netherlands (2004) US$ 119, 336 pp., hardback, ISBN 0-444-51014-1
by Vick, Brian D.
June 2007, Volume 90, Issue 3
- 165-180 Leaching requirement for soil salinity control: Steady-state versus transient models
by Corwin, Dennis L. & Rhoades, James D. & Simunek, Jirka
- 181-189 Effect of modern irrigation methods on growth and energy production of sweet sorghum (var. Keller) on a dry year in Central Greece
by Sakellariou-Makrantonaki, M. & Papalexis, D. & Nakos, N. & Kalavrouziotis, I.K.
- 190-196 Effect of water deficit in different growth stages on stem sap flux of greenhouse grown pear-jujube tree
by Ma, Fusheng & Kang, Shaozhong & Li, Fusheng & Zhang, Jianhua & Du, Taisheng & Hu, Xiaotao & Wang, Mixia
- 197-204 Scheduling deficit irrigation of citrus trees with maximum daily trunk shrinkage
by Velez, J.E. & Intrigliolo, D.S. & Castel, J.R.
- 205-212 Evaluation of a crop water stress index for irrigation scheduling of bermudagrass
by Emekli, Yasar & Bastug, Ruhi & Buyuktas, Dursun & Emekli, Nefise Yasemin
- 213-223 Evapotranspiration, seed yield and water use efficiency of drip irrigated sunflower under full and deficit irrigation conditions
by Karam, Fadi & Lahoud, Rafic & Masaad, Randa & Kabalan, Rabih & Breidi, Joelle & Chalita, Claude & Rouphael, Youssef
- 224-232 Effects of planting density on the productivity and water use of tea (Camellia sinensis L.) clones: I. Measurement of water use in young tea using sap flow meters with a stem heat balance method
by Kigalu, Julius M.
May 2007, Volume 90, Issue 1-2
- 1-12 Perceptions, practices, principles and policies in provision of livestock water in Africa
by Wilson, R. Trevor
- 13-26 Evaluation of drip irrigation: Selection of emitters and hydraulic characterization of trapezoidal units
by Juana, Luis & Rodriguez-Sinobas, Leonor & Sanchez, Raul & Losada, Alberto
- 27-35 Assessing the impact of flow regulators with a pressure-driven performance analysis model
by Lamaddalena, Nicola & Pereira, Luis Santos
- 36-44 Pressure-driven modeling for performance analysis of irrigation systems operating on demand
by Lamaddalena, Nicola & Pereira, Luis Santos
- 45-55 Crop-yield/water-use production functions of potatoes (Solanum tuberosum, L.) grown under differential nitrogen and irrigation treatments in a hot, dry climate
by Ferreira, T.C. & Goncalves, D.A.
- 56-62 Effect of seasonal water stress on soybean and site specific evaluation of CROPGRO-Soybean model under semi-arid climatic conditions
by Dogan, Ergun & Kirnak, Halil & Copur, Osman
- 63-74 Effect of drip irrigation with saline water on tomato (Lycopersicon esculentum Mill) yield and water use in semi-humid area
by Wan, Shuqin & Kang, Yaohu & Wang, Dan & Liu, Shi-Ping & Feng, Li-Ping
- 75-86 Development of the HSPF-Paddy model to estimate watershed pollutant loads in paddy farming regions
by Jeon, Ji-Hong & Yoon, Chun G. & Donigian, Anthony Jr. & Jung, Kwang-Wook
- 87-94 The effects of treated wastewater on soil chemical properties using subsurface and surface irrigation methods
by Heidarpour, M. & Mostafazadeh-Fard, B. & Abedi Koupai, J. & Malekian, R.
- 95-100 Optimizing soil moisture regime to increase water use efficiency of sugarcane (Saccharum spp. hybrid complex) in subtropical India
by Singh, P.N. & Shukla, S.K. & Bhatnagar, V.K.
- 101-111 Impact of drip fertigation on productivity of arecanut (Areca catechu L.)
by Bhat, Ravi & Sujatha, S. & Balasimha, D.
- 112-120 Water use efficiency of irrigated cotton in Uzbekistan under drip and furrow irrigation
by Ibragimov, Nazirbay & Evett, Steven R. & Esanbekov, Yusupbek & Kamilov, Bakhtiyor S. & Mirzaev, Lutfullo & Lamers, John P.A.
- 121-136 Using RZWQM to simulate the fate of nitrogen in field soil-crop environment in the Mediterranean region
by Cameira, M.R. & Fernando, R.M. & Ahuja, L.R. & Ma, L.
- 137-148 Soil water balance of annual crop-native shrub systems in Senegal's Peanut Basin: The missing link
by Kizito, F. & Sene, M. & Dragila, M.I. & Lufafa, A. & Diedhiou, I. & Dossa, E. & Cuenca, R. & Selker, J. & Dick, R.P.
- 149-159 Reservoir operation in assigning optimal multi-crop irrigation areas
by Moradi-Jalal, Mahdi & Bozorg Haddad, Omid & Karney, Bryan W. & Marino, Miguel A.
- 160-163 Wetting front advance patterns and water losses by deep percolation under the root zone as influenced by pulsed drip irrigation
by Elmaloglou, S. & Diamantopoulos, E.
May 2007, Volume 89, Issue 3
- 173-184 The use of the scintillation technique for monitoring seasonal water consumption of olive orchards in a semi-arid region
by Ezzahar, J. & Chehbouni, A. & Hoedjes, J.C.B. & Er-Raki, S. & Chehbouni, Ah. & Boulet, G. & Bonnefond, J.-M. & De Bruin, H.A.R.
- 185-198 A spatial reasoning approach to estimating paddy rice water demand in Hwanghaenam-do, North Korea
by Jang, Min-Won & Choi, Jin-Yong & Lee, Jeong-Jae
- 199-207 Irrigation water use estimates based on crop simulation models and kriging
by Guerra, L.C. & Garcia y Garcia, A. & Hook, J.E. & Harrison, K.A. & Thomas, D.L. & Stooksbury, D.E. & Hoogenboom, G.
- 208-216 Evaluating a multi-level subsurface drainage system for improved drainage water quality
by Hornbuckle, J.W. & Christen, E.W. & Faulkner, R.D.
- 217-228 Modelling seawater intrusion in the Burdekin Delta Irrigation Area, North Queensland, Australia
by Narayan, Kumar A. & Schleeberger, Carsten & Bristow, Keith L.
- 229-235 Can soil bunds increase the production of rain-fed lowland rice in south eastern Tanzania?
by Raes, D. & Kafiriti, E.M. & Wellens, J. & Deckers, J. & Maertens, A. & Mugogo, S. & Dondeyne, S. & Descheemaeker, K.
- 236-242 Effect of timing of first and last irrigation on the yield and water use efficiency in cotton
by Buttar, G.S. & Aujla, M.S. & Thind, H.S. & Singh, C.J. & Saini, K.S.
- 243-250 Econometric analysis of the determinants of adoption of rainwater harvesting and supplementary irrigation technology (RHSIT) in the semiarid Loess Plateau of China
by He, Xue-Feng & Cao, Huhua & Li, Feng-Min
- 251-260 Analysis of on-farm irrigation performance in Mediterranean greenhouses
by Fernandez, M.D. & Gonzalez, A.M. & Carreno, J. & Perez, C. & Bonachela, S.
- 261-274 Identification of irrigation and N management practices that contribute to nitrate leaching loss from an intensive vegetable production system by use of a comprehensive survey
by Thompson, R.B. & Martinez-Gaitan, C. & Gallardo, M. & Gimenez, C. & Fernandez, M.D.
- 275-286 Measuring versus estimating net radiation and soil heat flux: Impact on Penman-Monteith reference ET estimates in semiarid regions
by Gavilan, Pedro & Berengena, Joaquin & Allen, Richard G.
- 287-296 SEBAL for detecting spatial variation of water productivity and scope for improvement in eight irrigated wheat systems
by Zwart, Sander J. & Bastiaanssen, Wim G.M.
- 297-304 The effect of irrigation schedules on the water relations and growth of a young olive (Olea europaea L.) orchard
by Perez-Lopez, D. & Ribas, F. & Moriana, A. & Olmedilla, N. & de Juan, A.
April 2007, Volume 89, Issue 1-2
- 1-14 Climate and irrigation water use of a mountain oasis in northern Oman
by Siebert, Stefan & Nagieb, Maher & Buerkert, Andreas
- 15-28 Modelling of nitrogen leaching from experimental onion field under drip fertigation
by Ajdary, Khalil & Singh, D.K. & Singh, A.K. & Khanna, Manoj
- 29-38 The influence of farm landscape shape on the impact and management of dryland salinity
by Kingwell, Ross & John, Michele
- 39-48 A field experiment on spectrometry of crop response to soil salinity
by Leone, A.P. & Menenti, M. & Buondonno, A. & Letizia, A. & Maffei, C. & Sorrentino, G.
- 49-58 Role of plant height in the submergence tolerance of rice: A simulation analysis using an empirical model
by Kotera, Akihiko & Nawata, Eiji
- 59-70 Low-cost drip irrigation--A suitable technology for southern Africa?: An example with tomatoes using saline irrigation water
by Karlberg, Louise & Rockstrom, Johan & Annandale, John G. & Steyn, J. Martin
- 71-80 Water table management impacts on phosphorus loads in tile drainage
by Sanchez Valero, Caroline & Madramootoo, Chandra A. & Stampfli, Nicolas
- 81-88 Using spatial information systems to improve water management in Mexico
by Ojeda-Bustamante, Waldo & Gonzalez-Camacho, Juan Manuel & Sifuentes-Ibarra, Ernesto & Isidro, Esteban & Rendon-Pimentel, Luis
- 89-97 Effects of hydrological processes on nitrogen loss in purple soil
by Jia, Haiyan & Lei, Alin & Lei, Junshan & Ye, Min & Zhao, Jingzhu
- 98-104 The most economical irrigation amount and evapotranspiration of the turfgrasses in Beijing City, China
by Zhang, Xinmin & Hu, Lin & Bian, Xiuju & Zhao, Bingxiang & Chai, Fahe & Sun, Xinzhang
- 105-115 Chemical effects on the soil-plant system in a secondary treated wastewater irrigated coffee plantation--A pilot field study in Brazil
by Herpin, Uwe & Gloaguen, Thomas Vincent & da Fonseca, Adriel Ferreira & Montes, Celia Regina & Mendonca, Fernando Campos & Piveli, Roque Passos & Breulmann, Gerhard & Forti, Maria Cristina & Melfi, Adolpho Jose
- 116-122 Quantifying the effects of advection on canopy energy budgets and water use efficiency in an irrigated wheat field in the North China Plain
by Li, Longhui & Yu, Qiang
- 123-130 Stochastic simulation of water drainage at the field scale and its application to irrigation management
by Hu, Kelin & White, Robert & Chen, Deli & Li, Baoguo & Li, Weidong
- 131-136 Optimal dates for regulated deficit irrigation in `Algerie' loquat (Eriobotrya japonica Lindl.) cultivated in Southeast Spain
by Cuevas, Julian & Canete, Maria L. & Pinillos, Virginia & Zapata, Antonio J. & Fernandez, Maria D. & Gonzalez, Monica & Hueso, Juan J.
- 137-147 Increased nitrogen use efficiencies as a key mitigation alternative to reduce nitrate leaching in north china plain
by Li, Xiaoxin & Hu, Chunsheng & Delgado, Jorge A. & Zhang, Yuming & Ouyang, Zhiyun
- 148-152 Regulated deficit irrigation scheduling of onion in a semiarid region of Ethiopia
by Bekele, Samson & Tilahun, Ketema
- 153-160 Drainage problems in the rice schemes of the Office du Niger (Mali) in relation to water management
by Vandersypen, K. & Keita, A.C.T. & Coulibaly, B. & Raes, D. & Jamin, J.-Y.
- 161-166 Response of onion (Allium cepa L.) to different levels of irrigation water
by Kumar, Satyendra & Imtiyaz, M. & Kumar, Ashwani & Singh, Rajbir
- 167-171 Preliminary assessment of the feasibility of using maximum daily trunk shrinkage for irrigation scheduling in lemon trees
by Garcia-Orellana, Y. & Ruiz-Sanchez, M.C. & Alarcon, J.J. & Conejero, W. & Ortuno, M.F. & Nicolas, E. & Torrecillas, A.
March 2007, Volume 88, Issue 1-3
- 1-13 Exploring options to grow rice using less water in northern China using a modelling approach: I. Field experiments and model evaluation
by Feng, Liping & Bouman, B. A.M. & Tuong, T.P. & Cabangon, R.J. & Li, Yalong & Lu, Guoan & Feng, Yuehua
- 14-22 Yield, evapotranspiration and water productivity of rice (Oryza sativa L.)-wheat (Triticum aestivum L.) system in Punjab (India) as influenced by transplanting date of rice and weather parameters
by Chahal, G.B.S. & Sood, Anil & Jalota, S.K. & Choudhury, B.U. & Sharma, P.K.
- 23-33 Exploring options to grow rice using less water in northern China using a modelling approach: II. Quantifying yield, water balance components, and water productivity
by Bouman, B. A.M. & Feng, Liping & Tuong, T.P. & Lu, Guoan & Wang, Huaqi & Feng, Yuehua
- 34-42 Effects of soil matric potential on potato growth under drip irrigation in the North China Plain
by Wang, Feng-Xin & Kang, Yaohu & Liu, Shi-Ping & Hou, Xiao-Yan
- 43-53 Monitoring the hydrological impact of land use change in a small agricultural catchment affected by dryland salinity in central NSW, Australia
by Crosbie, Russell S. & Hughes, Justin D. & Friend, John & Baldwin, Basil J.
- 54-62 Satellite-based ET mapping to assess variation in ET with timing of crop development
by Tasumi, Masahiro & Allen, Richard G.
- 63-72 The impact of saline water irrigation management options in a dune sand on available soil water and its salinity
by Ahmed, B.A. Ould & Yamamoto, T. & Rasiah, V. & Inoue, M. & Anyoji, H.
- 73-82 An aggregated model for water requirements of greenhouse tomato grown in closed rockwool culture with saline water
by Carmassi, G. & Incrocci, L. & Maggini, R. & Malorgio, F. & Tognoni, F. & Pardossi, A.
- 83-91 Wastewater irrigation in the developing world--Two case studies from the Kathmandu Valley in Nepal
by Rutkowski, Thomas & Raschid-Sally, Liqa & Buechler, Stephanie
- 92-98 Cover crop effects on spring soil water content and the implications for cover crop management in south coastal British Columbia
by Odhiambo, J.J.O. & Bomke, A.A.
- 99-109 Monitoring irrigation performance in Esfahan, Iran, using NOAA satellite imagery
by Akbari, Mehdi & Toomanian, Norair & Droogers, Peter & Bastiaanssen, Wim & Gieske, Ambro
- 110-118 Optimization of irrigation water distribution networks, layout included
by Alandi, P. Planells & Alvarez, J.F. Ortega & Martin-Benito, J.M. Tarjuelo
- 119-131 Soil solution chemistry of a Brazilian Oxisol irrigated with treated sewage effluent
by Gloaguen, Thomas V. & Forti, M.-Cristina & Lucas, Yves & Montes, Celia R. & Goncalves, Roberta A.B. & Herpin, Uwe & Melfi, Adolpho J.
- 132-140 Effect of water management practice on pesticide behavior in paddy water
by Watanabe, Hirozumi & Nguyen, My Hoang Tra & Souphasay, Komany & Vu, Son Hong & Phong, Thai Khanh & Tournebize, Julien & Ishihara, Satoru
- 141-146 A processing method for weighing lysimeter data and comparison to micrometeorological ETo predictions
by Vaughan, P.J. & Trout, T.J. & Ayars, J.E.
- 147-158 Using plant water status to define threshold values for irrigation management of vegetable crops using soil moisture sensors
by Thompson, R.B. & Gallardo, M. & Valdez, L.C. & Fernandez, M.D.
- 159-172 Forage yield and quality under irrigation with saline-sodic drainage water: Greenhouse evaluation
by Suyama, H. & Benes, S.E. & Robinson, P.H. & Grattan, S.R. & Grieve, C.M. & Getachew, G.
- 173-180 Effect of regulated deficit irrigation and partial rootzone drying on the quality of mango fruits (Mangifera indica L., cv. `Chok Anan')
by Spreer, W. & Nagle, M. & Neidhart, S. & Carle, R. & Ongprasert, S. & Muller, J.
- 181-191 An evaluation of two inexpensive energy-balance techniques for measuring water use in flood-irrigated pecans (Carya illinoinensis)
by Simmons, Luke J. & Wang, Junming & Sammis, Ted W. & Miller, David R.
- 192-200 Hydraulic conductivity of Molisolls irrigated with sodic-bicarbonated waters in Santa Fe (Argentine)
by Ghiberto, P.J. & Pilatti, M.A. & Imhoff, S. & de Orellana, J.A.
- 201-208 Water requirements of pineapple crop grown in a tropical environment, Brazil
by de Azevedo, Pedro V. & de Souza, Cleber B. & da Silva, Bernardo B. & da Silva, Vicente P.R.
- 209-223 Effect of drip tape placement depth and irrigation level on yield of potato
by Patel, Neelam & Rajput, T.B.S.
- 224-234 Application of WaSim to assess performance of a subsurface drainage system under semi-arid monsoon climate
by Hirekhan, Meenakshi & Gupta, S.K. & Mishra, K.L.
- 235-246 Development and validation of canopy reflectance-based crop coefficient for potato
by Jayanthi, Harikishan & Neale, Christopher M.U. & Wright, James L.
- 247-252 Examining the socioeconomic impacts of irrigation in the Southeast Anatolia Region of Turkey
by Miyata, Sachiko & Fujii, Tomoki
- 253-262 Crop coefficients of open-canopy pecan orchards
by Wang, Junming & Sammis, Ted W. & Andales, Allan A. & Simmons, Luke J. & Gutschick, Vincent P. & Miller, David R.
- 263-268 Development of a recording water flow meter using ultrasonic measurement of water levels in a slotted U-pipe
by Enamorado, Santiago M. & Hurtado, Maria Dolores & Andreu, Luis & Martinez, Francisco & Sanchez, Jose & Delgado, Antonio & Abril, Jose-Maria
- 269-274 Irrigation frequency and amount affect yield and quality of field-grown melon (Cucumis melo L.)
by Sensoy, Suat & Ertek, Ahmet & Gedik, Ibrahim & Kucukyumuk, Cenk
February 2007, Volume 87, Issue 3
- 229-240 Effects of controlled drainage on N and P losses and N dynamics in a loamy sand with spring crops
by Wesstrom, Ingrid & Messing, Ingmar
- 241-250 Temporal and spatial variations of evapotranspiration for spring wheat in the Shiyang river basin in northwest China
by Tong, Ling & Kang, Shaozhong & Zhang, Lu
- 251-260 Sensitivity analysis and field testing of the RISK-N model in the Central Valley of Chile
by Oyarzun, Ricardo & Arumi, Jose & Salgado, Luis & Marino, Miguel
- 261-274 Is partial root-zone drying an effective irrigation technique to improve water use efficiency and fruit quality in field-grown wine grapes under semiarid conditions?
by De la Hera, M.L. & Romero, P. & Gomez-Plaza, E. & Martinez, A.
- 275-284 Impact of water application conditions on nitrogen leaching under furrow irrigation: Experimental and modelling approaches
by Mailhol, J.C. & Crevoisier, D. & Triki, K.
- 285-291 Withholding of drip irrigation between transplanting and flowering increases the yield of field-grown tomato under plastic mulch
by Ngouajio, Mathieu & Wang, Guangyao & Goldy, Ronald
- 292-298 Water use efficiency and economic feasibility of growing rice and wheat with sprinkler irrigation in the Indus Basin of Pakistan
by Kahlown, Muhammad Akram & Raoof, Abdur & Zubair, Muhammad & Kemper, W. Doral
- 299-306 Simulation of nitrate-N movement in southern Ontario, Canada with DRAINMOD-N
by Yang, Chun-Chieh & Prasher, Shiv O. & Wang, Shaoli & Kim, Seung Hyun & Tan, Chin S. & Drury, Craig & Patel, Ramanbhai M.
- 307-314 Effects of conservation tillage practices on winter wheat water-use efficiency and crop yield on the Loess Plateau, China
by Su, Ziyou & Zhang, Jinsong & Wu, Wenliang & Cai, Dianxiong & Lv, Junjie & Jiang, Guanghui & Huang, Jian & Gao, Jun & Hartmann, Roger & Gabriels, Donald
- 315-327 Estimating yield of sorghum using root zone water balance model and spectral characteristics of crop in a dryland Alfisol
by Mandal, Uttam Kumar & Victor, U.S. & Srivastava, N.N. & Sharma, K.L. & Ramesh, V. & Vanaja, M. & Korwar, G.R. & Ramakrishna, Y.S.
- 328-336 Treated sewage effluent as a source of water and nitrogen for Tifton 85 bermudagrass
by da Fonseca, Adriel Ferreira & Melfi, Adolpho Jose & Monteiro, Francisco Antonio & Montes, Celia Regina & Almeida, Vagner Vidal de & Herpin, Uwe
- 337-346 A mathematical model for simulating water balances in cropped sandy soil with conventional flood irrigation applied
by Ji, Xi-Bin & Kang, Er-Si & Chen, Ren-Sheng & Zhao, Wen-Zhi & Zhang, Zhi-Hui & Jin, Bo-Wen
January 2007, Volume 87, Issue 2
- 115-127 Assessing impacts of surge-flow irrigation on water saving and productivity of cotton
by Horst, M.G. & Shamutalov, S.S. & Goncalves, J.M. & Pereira, L.S.
- 128-138 OSIRI: A simple decision-making tool for monitoring irrigation of small farms in heterogeneous environments
by Chopart, J.L. & Mezino, M. & Aure, F. & Le Mezo, L. & Mete, M. & Vauclin, M.
- 139-150 Water saving technology and saving water in China
by Blanke, Amelia & Rozelle, Scott & Lohmar, Bryan & Wang, Jinxia & Huang, Jikun
- 151-161 Determining crop-water production functions using yield-irrigation gradient algorithms
by Brumbelow, Kelly & Georgakakos, Aris
- 162-170 Response of Leucadendron `Safari Sunset' to regulated deficit irrigation: Effects of stress timing on growth and yield quality
by Silber, A. & Levi, M. & Cohen, M. & David, N. & Shtaynmetz, Y. & Assouline, S.
- 171-179 Irrigation scheduling for traditional, low-density olive orchards: Water relations and influence on oil characteristics
by Moriana, Alfonso & Perez-Lopez, David & Gomez-Rico, Aurora & Salvador, Maria de los Desamparados & Olmedilla, Nicolas & Ribas, Francisco & Fregapane, Giuseppe
- 180-186 Effect of soil matric potential on tomato yield and water use under drip irrigation condition
by Wang, Dan & Kang, Yaohu & Wan, Shuqin
- 187-199 From on-farm solid-set sprinkler irrigation design to collective irrigation network design in windy areas
by Zapata, N. & Playan, E. & Martinez-Cob, A. & Sanchez, I. & Faci, J.M. & Lecina, S.
- 200-208 Measurement and modelling of transpiration of a rain-fed citrus orchard under subhumid tropical conditions
by Oguntunde, Philip G. & van de Giesen, Nick & Savenije, Hubert H.G.
- 209-216 A database program for enhancing irrigation district management in the Ebro Valley (Spain)
by Playan, E. & Cavero, J. & Mantero, I. & Salvador, R. & Lecina, S. & Faci, J.M. & Andres, J. & Salvador, V. & Cardena, G. & Ramon, S. & Lacueva, J.L. & Tejero, M. & Ferri, J. & Martinez-Cob, A.
- 217-222 Runoff nitrogen from a large sized paddy field during a crop period
by Yoshinaga, Ikuo & Miura, Asa & Hitomi, Tadayoshi & Hamada, Koji & Shiratani, Eisaku
- 223-228 Linking hydro-meteorological factors to the assessment of nutrient loadings to streams from large-plotted paddy rice fields
by Kim, Min-Young & Seo, Myung-Chul & Kim, Min-Kyeong
January 2007, Volume 87, Issue 1
- 2-22 Non-conventional water resources and opportunities for water augmentation to achieve food security in water scarce countries
by Qadir, M. & Sharma, B.R. & Bruggeman, A. & Choukr-Allah, R. & Karajeh, F.
- 23-31 Remote sensing of biotic and abiotic stress for irrigation management of cotton
by Falkenberg, Nyland R. & Piccinni, Giovanni & Cothren, J. Tom & Leskovar, Daniel I. & Rush, Charlie M.
- 32-40 Barriers to water markets in the Heihe River basin in northwest China
by Zhang, Junlian
- 41-54 Combining FAO-56 model and ground-based remote sensing to estimate water consumptions of wheat crops in a semi-arid region
by Er-Raki, S. & Chehbouni, A. & Guemouria, N. & Duchemin, B. & Ezzahar, J. & Hadria, R.
- 55-60 Productivity impacts of the system of rice intensification (SRI): A case study in West Bengal, India
by Sinha, Shekhar Kumar & Talati, Jayesh
- 61-72 The influence of different Acacia senegal agroforestry systems on soil water and crop yields in clay soils of the Blue Nile region, Sudan
by Raddad, E.Y. & Luukkanen, O.
- 73-82 Water use efficiency and crop coefficients of dry season oilseed crops
by Kar, Gouranga & Kumar, Ashwani & Martha, M.
- 83-90 Comparative affects of blending, intera/inter-seasonal cyclic uses of alkali and good quality waters on soil properties and yields of paddy and wheat
by Minhas, P.S. & Dubey, S.K. & Sharma, D.R.
- 91-105 Comparison of nitrogen and irrigation strategies in tomato using CROPGRO model. A case study from Southern Italy
by Rinaldi, Michele & Ventrella, Domenico & Gagliano, Caterina
- 106-114 Effects of elevated CO2 concentration, irrigation and nitrogenous fertilizer application on the growth and yield of spring wheat in semi-arid areas
by Li, Wenlong & Han, Xiaozhuo & Zhang, Yanyu & Li, Zizhen
December 2006, Volume 86, Issue 3
- 229-239 Simplifying complexity: Rationalising water entitlements in the Southern Connected River Murray System, Australia
by Shi, Tian
- 240-248 Riparian zone equilibrium and actual evapotranspiration in a first order agricultural catchment in Southern Ontario, Canada
by Petrone, R.M. & Smith, C. & Macrae, M.L. & English, M.C.
- 249-258 Rainfall redistribution beneath an olive orchard
by Castro, G. & Romero, P. & Gomez, J.A. & Fereres, E.
- 259-268 Water use efficiency of common bean and green gram grown using alternate furrow and deficit irrigation
by Webber, H.A. & Madramootoo, C.A. & Bourgault, M. & Horst, M.G. & Stulina, G. & Smith, D.L.
- 269-276 Online decision support for irrigation for farmers
by Thysen, Iver & Detlefsen, Nina K.
- 277-282 An evaluation of two hourly reference evapotranspiration equations for semiarid conditions
by Lopez-Urrea, R. & Olalla, F. Martin de Santa & Fabeiro, C. & Moratalla, A.
- 283-287 Identifying sources of recharge to shallow aquifers using a groundwater model
by Purkey, David R. & Wallender, Wesley W. & Islam, Nazrul & SivaKumar, Bellie
November 2006, Volume 86, Issue 1-2
- 1-290 Preface
by Raats, Peter A.C.
- 3-8 History of Agricultural Water Management
by Oster, J.D. & Clothier, B.E. & Wichelns, D.
- 9-29 Contributions by Jans Wesseling, Jan van Schilfgaarde, and Herman Bouwer to effective and responsible water management in agriculture
by Raats, Peter A.C. & Feddes, Reinder A.
- 30-39 Assessing crop water productivity from field to regional scale
by Wesseling, J.G. & Feddes, R.A.
- 40-49 Drainage design coefficients for eastern United States
by Skaggs, R. Wayne & Youssef, M.A. & Chescheir, G.M.
- 50-59 Design and performance of materials for subsurface drainage systems in agriculture
by Stuyt, L.C. P.M. & Dierickx, W.
- 60-71 Subsurface drainage practices: From manual installation to large-scale implementation
by Ritzema, H.P. & Nijland, H.J. & Croon, F.W.
- 72-80 Occurrence and biodegradability studies of selected pharmaceuticals and personal care products in sewage effluent
by Yu, Jim T. & Bouwer, Edward J. & Coelhan, Mehmet
- 81-92 Transport and fate of manure-borne pathogens: Modeling perspective
by Pachepsky, Y.A. & Sadeghi, A.M. & Bradford, S.A. & Shelton, D.R. & Guber, A.K. & Dao, T.
- 93-101 Calculation of non-reactive chemical distribution in surface fertigation
by Strelkoff, Theodor S. & Clemmens, Albert J. & Perea-Estrada, Hugo
- 102-113 Evaluation of urea-ammonium-nitrate fertigation with drip irrigation using numerical modeling
by Hanson, Blaine R. & Simunek, Jirka & Hopmans, Jan W.
- 114-127 Sustainable irrigation is necessary and achievable, but direct costs and environmental impacts can be substantial
by Wichelns, Dennis & Oster, J.D.
- 128-139 Controlled drainage for improved water management in arid regions irrigated agriculture
by Ayars, J.E. & Christen, E.W. & Hornbuckle, J.W.
- 140-149 Macroscopic approaches to root water uptake as a function of water and salinity stress
by Skaggs, Todd H. & van Genuchten, Martinus Th. & Shouse, Peter J. & Poss, James A.
- 150-164 Effect of SAR on water infiltration under a sequential rain-irrigation management system
by Suarez, Donald L. & Wood, James D. & Lesch, Scott M.
- 165-176 Root uptake and transpiration: From measurements and models to sustainable irrigation
by Green, Steve R. & Kirkham, M.B. & Clothier, Brent E.
- 177-186 Tall fescue and hybrid bluegrass response to soil water matric head limits
by Dane, J.H. & Walker, R.H. & Bahaminyakamwe, L. & Belcher, J.L.
- 187-195 Waterpas-model: A predictive tool for water management, agriculture, and environment
by de Vos, J.A. & van Bakel, P.J.T. & Hoving, I.E. & Conijn, J.G.
- 196-205 Rain Infiltration into swelling/shrinking/cracking soils
by Romkens, M.J.M. & Prasad, S.N.
- 206-211 Drainage and capillary rise components in water balance of alluvial soils
by Kowalik, Piotr J.
- 212-219 Near-surface distributions of soil water and water repellency under three effluent irrigation schemes in a blue gum (Eucalyptus globulus) plantation
by Thwaites, L.A. & de Rooij, G.H. & Salzman, S. & Allinson, G. & Stagnitti, F. & Carr, R. & Versace, V. & Struck, S. & March, T.
- 220-228 Chemistry of subsurface drain discharge from an agricultural polder soil
by Hesterberg, Dean & de Vos, Bram & Raats, P.A.C.
October 2006, Volume 85, Issue 3
- 221-232 Calibration and validation of DRAINMOD to design subsurface drainage systems for Iowa's tile landscapes
by Singh, R. & Helmers, M.J. & Qi, Zhiming
- 233-242 Improvement of saline water use under drip irrigation system
by Dehghanisanij, H. & Agassi, M. & Anyoji, H. & Yamamoto, T. & Inoue, M. & Eneji, A.E.
- 243-252 The effect of spray head sprinklers with different deflector plates on irrigation uniformity, runoff and sediment yield in a Mediterranean soil
by Silva, Luis Leopoldo
- 253-260 Methods of planting and irrigation at various levels of nitrogen affect the seed yield and water use efficiency in transplanted oilseed rape (Brassica napus L.)
by Buttar, G.S. & Thind, H.S. & Aujla, M.S.
- 261-271 Water and salt balance studies, using SaltMod, to improve subsurface drainage design in the Konya-Cumra Plain, Turkey
by Bahceci, Idris & Dinc, Nazmi & Tari, Ali Fuat & Agar, Ahmet I. & Sonmez, Bulent
- 272-278 The auto-regulative capability of pitcher irrigation system
by Abu-Zreig, Majed M. & Abe, Yukuo & Isoda, Hiroko
- 279-286 Assessment of irrigation and nutrient effects on growth, yield and water use efficiency of Indian mustard (Brassica juncea) in central India
by Mandal, K.G. & Hati, K.M. & Misra, A.K. & Bandyopadhyay, K.K.
- 287-295 Water use and lint yield response of drip irrigated cotton to the length of irrigation season
by Karam, Fadi & Lahoud, Rafic & Masaad, Randa & Daccache, Andre & Mounzer, Oussama & Rouphael, Youssef
- 296-304 Estimating variable acreage of cultivated paddy fields from preceding precipitation in a tropical watershed utilizing Landsat TM/ETM
by Yoshikawa, Natsuki & Shiozawa, Sho
- 305-313 Peach orchard evapotranspiration in a sandy soil: Comparison between eddy covariance measurements and estimates by the FAO 56 approach
by Paco, T.A. & Ferreira, M.I. & Conceicao, N.
- 314-322 Application of a simulation based optimization model for winter wheat irrigation scheduling in North China
by Shang, Songhao & Mao, Xiaomin
September 2006, Volume 85, Issue 1-2
- 1-14 Causes of farmland salinization and remedial measures in the Aral Sea basin--Research on water management to prevent secondary salinization in rice-based cropping system in arid land
by Kitamura, Yoshinobu & Yano, Tomohisa & Honna, Toshimasa & Yamamoto, Sadahiro & Inosako, Koji
- 15-26 Testing evapotranspiration equations using lysimeter observations in a semiarid climate
by Lopez-Urrea, R. & Martin de Santa Olalla, F. & Fabeiro, C. & Moratalla, A.
- 27-37 Salinity impact assessment on crop yield for Wadi Laba spate irrigation system in Eritrea
by Mehari, Abraham & Schultz, Bart & Depeweg, Herman
- 38-46 Simulating the fate of molinate in rice paddies using the RICEWQ model
by Christen, Evan W. & Chung, Sang-Ok & Quayle, Wendy
- 47-57 Nutrient losses from artificially drained catchments in North-Eastern Germany at different scales
by Tiemeyer, Barbel & Kahle, Petra & Lennartz, Bernd
- 58-66 Determination of plant-pan coefficients for field-grown eggplant (Solanum melongena L.) using class A pan evaporation values
by Ertek, Ahmet & Sensoy, Suat & Kucukyumuk, Cenk & Gedik, Ibrahim
- 67-76 Use of the SHAW model to assess soil water recovery after apple trees in the gully region of the Loess Plateau, China
by Huang, Mingbin & Gallichand, Jacques
- 77-84 Simulating the effects of extreme dry and wet years on the water use of flooding-irrigated maize in a Mediterranean landplane
by Utset, Angel & Martinez-Cob, Antonio & Farre, Imma & Cavero, Jose
- 85-94 Simulating leaching of potassium in a sandy soil using simple and complex models
by Kolahchi, Z. & Jalali, M.
- 95-104 Nitrogen and water use efficiency of fertigated processing potato
by Darwish, T.M. & Atallah, T.W. & Hajhasan, S. & Haidar, A.
- 105-112 Effect of supplemental irrigation on leaf stomatal conductance of field-grown wheat in northern Syria
by Sato, Takahiro & Abdalla, Osman S. & Oweis, Theib Y. & Sakuratani, Tetsuo
- 113-120 Optimum lateral spacing for drip-irrigated corn in the Mediterranean Region of Turkey
by Bozkurt, Yesim & Yazar, Attila & Gencel, Burcin & Sezen, Metin Semih
- 121-132 Impact of the shift from groundwater to surface water irrigation on aquifer dynamics and hydrochemistry in a semi-arid region in the south of Portugal
by Stigter, T.Y. & Carvalho Dill, A.M.M. & Ribeiro, L. & Reis, E.
- 133-140 Olive oil production as influenced by different quantities of applied water
by Grattan, S.R. & Berenguer, M.J. & Connell, J.H. & Polito, V.S. & Vossen, P.M.
- 141-150 Crop water productivity of an irrigated maize crop in Mkoji sub-catchment of the Great Ruaha River Basin, Tanzania
by Igbadun, Henry E. & Mahoo, Henry F. & Tarimo, Andrew K.P.R. & Salim, Baanda A.
- 151-156 Effect of alternating irrigation with sodic and non-sodic waters on soil properties and sunflower yield
by Choudhary, O.P. & Ghuman, B.S. & Josan, A.S. & Bajwa, M.S.
- 157-164 Development of the revised USDA-NRCS intake families for surface irrigation
by Walker, Wynn R. & Prestwich, Clare & Spofford, Thomas
- 165-174 Development of a physically based 1D-infiltration model for irrigated soils
by Damodhara Rao, M. & Raghuwanshi, N.S. & Singh, R.
- 175-183 The agricultural impacts of irrigation induced waterlogging and soil salinity in the Arkansas Basin
by Houk, Eric & Frasier, Marshall & Schuck, Eric
- 184-192 Classification and salt tolerance analysis of barley varieties
by Katerji, N. & van Hoorn, J.W. & Hamdy, A. & Mastrorilli, M. & Fares, C. & Ceccarelli, S. & Grando, S. & Oweis, T.
- 193-200 Comparison of precise water depth measurements on agricultural storages with open water evaporation estimates
by Craig, I.P.
- 201-210 Nitrate accumulation and movement under deficit irrigation in soil receiving cattle manure and commercial fertilizer
by Tarkalson, D.D. & Payero, J.O. & Ensley, S.M. & Shapiro, C.A.
- 211-218 Effects of irrigation on water balance, yield and WUE of winter wheat in the North China Plain
by Sun, Hong-Yong & Liu, Chang-Ming & Zhang, Xi-Ying & Shen, Yan-Jun & Zhang, Yong-Qiang
August 2006, Volume 84, Issue 3
- 213-220 Energy budget and actual evapotranspiration of an arid oasis ecosystem: Palmyra (Syria)
by Brunel, Jean-Pierre & Ihab, Jnad & Droubi, Abdallah M. & Samaan, Samar
- 221-228 Water-nitrogen relationships for wheat growth and productivity in late sown conditions
by Kibe, A.M. & Singh, S. & Kalra, N.
- 229-239 Efficiency of shading materials in reducing evaporation from free water surfaces
by Alvarez, V. Martinez & Baille, A. & Martinez, J.M. Molina & Gonzalez-Real, M.M.
- 240-248 Subsurface drainage performance study using SALTMOD and ANN models
by Sarangi, A. & Singh, Man & Bhattacharya, A.K. & Singh, A.K.
- 249-258 Evaluating strategies for improved water use in spring wheat with CERES
by Lobell, David B. & Ortiz-Monasterio, J. Ivan
- 259-264 Water-use efficiency of dwarf-green coconut (Cocos nucifera L.) orchards in northeast Brazil
by de Azevedo, Pedro Vieira & de Sousa, Inaja Francisco & da Silva, Bernardo Barbosa & da Silva, Vicente de Paulo Rodrigues
- 265-273 Is water productivity a useful concept in agricultural water management?
by Zoebl, Dirk