Agricultural Water Management
1999, Volume 40, Issue 2-3
- 183-194 Irrigation with saline water: benefits and environmental impact
by Beltran, Julian Martinez
- 195-205 Improvement of irrigation management towards the sustainable use of groundwater in Castilla-La Mancha, Spain
by de Santa Olalla Manas, F. Martin & Brasa Ramos, A. & Fabeiro Cortes, C. & Fernandez Gonzalez, D. & Lopez Corcoles, H.
- 207-220 GIS tools applied to the sustainable management of water resources: Application to the aquifer system 08-29
by Calera Belmonte, A. & Medrano Gonzalez, J. & Vela Mayorga, A. & Castano Fernandez, S.
- 221-233 Regional analysis of irrigation water requirements using kriging: Application to potato crop (Solanum tuberosum L.) at Tras-os-Montes
by Sousa, Vicente & Pereira, Luis Santos
- 235-247 The impact of agriculture on ground water quality in Slovenia: standards and strategy
by Maticic, Brane
- 249-263 Improving water use efficiency as part of integrated catchment management
by Batchelor, Charles
- 265-273 Blue node concept: a regional water management strategy
by van der Vlist, M. J.
- 275-281 Efficient use of water in the southern region of Portugal: agronomic aspects
by Carvalho, M. & Basch, G.
- 283-290 Sustainable and effective irrigation through a new subsoil irrigation system (SIS)
by Barth, H. K.
- 291-302 Regional application of one-dimensional water flow models for irrigation management
by D'Urso, G. & Menenti, M. & Santini, A.
- 303-313 Management of water consumption in agriculture: A model for the economic optimisation of water use: application to a sub-humid area
by de Juan, J. A. & Tarjuelo, J. M. & Ortega, J. F. & Valiente, M. & Carrion, P.
- 315-331 Analysis of uniformity of sprinkle irrigation in a semi-arid area
by Tarjuelo, J. M. & Montero, J. & Honrubia, F. T. & Ortiz, J. J. & Ortega, J. F.
- 333-339 Transfer of irrigation scheduling technology in Mexico
by Quinones, Pedroza Hector & Unland, Helene & Ojeda, Waldo & Sifuentes, Ernesto
- 341-351 Comparative analysis of main on-farm irrigation systems in Portugal
by Sousa, Pedro Leao de & Silva, Luis L. & Serralheiro, Ricardo P.
- 353-362 Assessment of the performance of border and furrow irrigation systems and the relationship between performance indicators and system variables
by Feyen, Jan & Zerihun, Dawit
- 363-375 Assessment of vine development according to available water resources by using remote sensing in La Mancha, Spain
by Montero, F. J. & Melia, J. & Brasa, A. & Segarra, D. & Cuesta, A. & Lanjeri, S.
- 377-391 Optimal irrigation efficiency for maximum plant productivity and minimum water loss
by Burke, S. & Mulligan, M. & Thornes, J. B.
- 393-403 Modelling the local climate in island environments: water balance applications
by Brito de Azevedo, Eduardo & Santos Pereira, Luis & Itier, Bernard
1999, Volume 40, Issue 1
- 3-13 Systems approaches to water management research
by Stephens, William & Hess, Tim
- 15-24 Water losses in smallholder irrigation schemes
by Carter, Richard & Kay, Melvyn & Weatherhead, Keith
- 25-29 Priorities for irrigated agriculture
by Hall, A. W.
- 31-35 Sustaining rice-wheat system productivity in the Indo-Gangetic plains: water management-related issues
by Abrol, I. P.
- 37-44 Opportunities and constraints to improving irrigation water management: Foci for research
by Burton, M. A. & Kivumbi, D. & El-Askari, K.
- 45-50 The IWMI water resources paradigm - definitions and implications
by Perry, C. J.
- 51-57 Application of belief networks to water management studies
by Batchelor, Charles & Cain, Jeremy
- 59-64 Developing procedures for the sustainable use of mangrove systems
by Franks, Tom & Falconer, Roger
- 65-70 Computer optimisation for better water allocation
by Wardlaw, Robin
- 71-75 Productive efficiency and allocative efficiency: why better water management may not solve the problem
by Allan, Tony
- 77-82 Economic instruments for improving water use efficiency: theory and practice
by Grimble, R. J.
- 83-87 Water users organisations
by Stacey, David
- 89-93 Irrigated agriculture - adding value through technology and management reform
by Lee, Peter S.
- 95-99 Limitations of water-control technology
by Gowing, John
- 101-105 The failure of adjustable irrigation technology, the options for change and the consequences for research
by Horst, Lucas
- 107-110 Use of low-pressure pipe systems for greater efficiency
by Smout, Ian K.
- 111-116 Groundwater aspects: losses are inevitable but re-use is possible?
by Rushton, K. R.
- 117-122 Increasing water-use efficiency in rice production: farm-level perspectives
by Tuong, T. P. & Bhuiyan, S. I.
- 123-127 Causes of high water losses from irrigated rice fields: field measurements and results from analogue and digital models
by Walker, S. H.
- 129-134 Regional salt- and water-balance modelling for sustainable irrigated agriculture
by Sharma, B. R.
- 135-138 More from less - better water management: issues and future policy
by Walker, S. H.
- 139-147 Annex 1: Water-use efficiency on irrigation systems: a review of research carried out under DFID's engineering research programme
by Brown, Donald
1999, Volume 39, Issue 2-3
- 91-113 Interactions between trees and groundwaters in recharge and discharge areas - A survey of Western Australian sites
by George, R. J. & Nulsen, R. A. & Ferdowsian, R. & Raper, G. P.
- 115-133 Where to plant trees on cropping land for control of dryland salinity: some approximate solutions
by Stirzaker, R. J. & Cook, F. J. & Knight, J. H.
- 135-151 A flood history weighted index of average root-zone salinity for assessing flood impacts on health of vegetation on a saline floodplain
by Slavich, P. G. & Walker, G. R. & Jolly, I. D.
- 153-167 Hydraulic gradient reversal by trees in shallow water table areas and repercussions for the sustainability of tree-growing systems
by Heuperman, Alfred
- 169-185 Water use of grazed salt bush plantations with saline watertable
by Slavich, P. G. & Smith, K. S. & Tyerman, S. D. & Walker, G. R.
- 187-204 Transpiration and groundwater uptake from farm forest plots of Casuarina glauca and Eucalyptus camaldulensis in saline areas of southeast Queensland, Australia
by Cramer, Viki A. & Thorburn, Peter J. & Fraser, Grant W.
- 205-227 Water use and salt accumulation by Eucalyptus camaldulensis and Casuarina cunninghamiana on a site with shallow saline groundwater
by Morris, J. D. & Collopy, J. J.
- 229-244 Growth and water use of Eucalyptus camaldulensis and E. occidentalis on a saline discharge site near Wellington, NSW, Australia
by Benyon, R. G. & Marcar, N. E. & Crawford, D. F. & Nicholson, A. T.
- 245-264 Dynamics of Eucalyptus largiflorens growth and water use in response to modified watertable and flooding regimes on a saline floodplain
by Slavich, P. G. & Walker, G. R. & Jolly, I. D. & Hatton, T. J. & Dawes, W. R.
- 265-282 Growth and ground water uptake responses of lucerne to changes in groundwater levels and salinity: lysimeter, isotope and modelling studies
by Zhang, L. & Dawes, W. R. & Slavich, P. G. & Meyer, W. S. & Thorburn, P. J. & Smith, D. J. & Walker, G. R.
- 283-315 Modelling the effects of soil moisture and solute conditions on long-term tree growth and water use: a case study from the Shepparton irrigation area, Australia
by Silberstein, R. P. & Vertessy, R. A. & Morris, J. & Feikema, P. M.
1999, Volume 39, Issue 1
- 1-17 Water management in raised bed systems: a case study from the Chao Phraya delta, Thailand
by Molle, Francois & Sutthi, Chusak & Keawkulaya, Jesda & Korpraditskul, Roongnapa
- 19-33 Improved saline-water use under subsurface drip irrigation
by Oron, Gideon & DeMalach, Yoel & Gillerman, Leonid & David, Itsik & Rao, V. P.
- 35-46 Water use and plant response in two rice irrigation methods
by Roel, A. & Heilman, J. L. & McCauley, G. N.
- 47-67 Modelling the water balance of effluent-irrigated trees
by Snow, V. O. & Bond, W. J. & Myers, B. J. & Theiveyanathan, S. & Smith, C. J. & Benyon, R. G.
- 69-83 Assessment of plant-extractable soil water in castor beans (Ricinus communis L.) using infrared thermometry
by Vijaya Kumar, P. & Ramakrishna, Y. S. & Ramana Rao, B. V. & Khandgonda, I. R. & Victor, U. S. & Srivastava, N. N. & Rao, G. G. S. N.
1999, Volume 38, Issue 3
- 181-193 Use of satellite data to estimate radiation and evaporation for northwest Mexico
by Stewart, J. B. & Watts, C. J. & Rodriguez, J. C. & De Bruin, H. A. R. & van den Berg, A. R. & Garatuza-Payan, J.
- 195-211 Water-yield relations and optimal irrigation scheduling of wheat in the Mediterranean region
by Zhang, Heping & Oweis, Theib
- 213-222 Drainage effects on spatial variability of soil electrical conductivity in a vertisol
by Utset, Angel & Castellanos, Alfredo
- 223-234 Wastewater treatment, renovation and reuse for agricultural irrigation in small communities
by Oron, Gideon & Campos, Claudia & Gillerman, Leonid & Salgot, Miquel
- 235-256 Water conservation practices for a river valley irrigated with groundwater
by Boldt, Alan L. & Eisenhauer, Dean E. & L. Martin, Derrel & Wilmes, Gary J.
1998, Volume 38, Issue 2
- 91-102 Response of okra (Abelmoschus esculentus (L.) Moench.) to drip irrigation under mulch and non-mulch conditions
by Tiwari, K. N. & Mal, P. K. & Singh, R. M. & Chattopadhyay, A.
- 103-122 Real time operation of reservoir based canal irrigation systems
by Hajilal, M. S. & Rao, N. H. & Sarma, P. B. S.
- 123-134 Discharge characteristics of a porous pipe microirrigation lateral
by Teeluck, M. & Sutton, B. G.
- 135-146 Modeling crop yield as affected by uniformity of sprinkler irrigation system
by Li, Jiusheng
- 147-167 Analysis of water use by wheat grown on a cracking clay soil in a semi-arid Mediterranean environment: weather and nitrogen effects
by Corbeels, M. & Hofman, G. & Van Cleemput, O.
- 169-180 Preliminary requirements to design a suitable drip irrigation system for coconut (Cocos nucifera L.) in gravelly soils
by Vidhana Arachchi, L. P.
1998, Volume 38, Issue 1
- 1-20 Comparison between mechanistic and functional models for estimating soil water balance: deterministic and stochastic approaches
by Maraux, F. & Lafolie, F. & Bruckler, L.
- 21-32 Irrigation management in arid areas affected by surface crust
by Abu-Awwad, A. M.
- 33-44 Irrigation water prices for farmer-managed irrigation systems in Tanzania: a case study of Lower Moshi irrigation scheme
by Tarimo, A. K. P. R. & Mdoe, N. S. & Lutatina, J. M.
- 45-57 Rainwater, soil and nutrient conservation in rainfed rice lands in Eastern India
by Mishra, Atmaram & Ghorai, A. K. & Singh, Sita Ram
- 59-68 Response of tomatoes, a crop of indeterminate growth, to soil salinity
by Katerji, N. & van Hoorn, J. W. & Hamdy, A. & Mastrorilli, M.
- 69-76 Water use efficiency of controlled alternate irrigation on root-divided maize plants
by Kang, Shaozhong & Liang, Zongsuo & Hu, Wei & Zhang, Jianhua
- 77-83 A simple visual aid for sugarcane irrigation scheduling
by Torres, Jorge S.
1998, Volume 37, Issue 3
- 189-203 Soil water storage and surface runoff as influenced by irrigation method in arid soils with surface crust
by Al-Qinna, M. I. & Abu-Awwad, A. M.
- 205-224 Performance testing and validation of PESTFADE
by Clemente, R. S. & Prasher, S. O. & Salehi, F.
- 225-240 Water balance and water use efficiency of different land uses in western Himalayan valley region
by Narain, Pratap & Singh, R. K. & Sindhwal, N. S. & Joshie, P.
- 241-253 Rice crop growth and yield as influenced by changes in ponding water depth, water regime and fertigation level
by Anbumozhi, V. & Yamaji, E. & Tabuchi, T.
1998, Volume 37, Issue 2
- 99-107 Management of modern irrigation systems in oman: allocative vs. irrigation efficiency
by Omezzine, Abdallah & Zaibet, Lokman
- 109-119 Changes in specific properties of PVC drains under various storage conditions
by Dierickx, W.
- 121-132 Effect of water supply and salinity on pima cotton
by Vulkan-Levy, R. & Ravina, I. & Mantell, A. & Frenkel, H.
- 133-143 The effect of ped size, simulated rainfall duration and frequency on the leaching of salts from clay topsoils
by Armstrong, A. S. B. & Tanton, T. W. & Rycroft, D. W.
- 145-161 Soil water dynamics model for trickle irrigated tomatoes
by Lubana, Prit Pal Singh & Narda, N. K.
- 163-182 Planning intraseasonal water requirements in irrigation projects
by Hajilal, M. S. & Rao, N. H. & Sarma, P. B. S.
- 183-185 Comments on "A field approach to estimation of humid area drainage coefficients" by M.Z. Ahmadi, Agricultural Water Management 29 (1995) 101-109
by Gupta, S. K.
- 187-185 Reply to comments on "A field approach to estimation of humid area drainage coefficients"
by Ahmadi, Mirkhalegh Z.
1998, Volume 37, Issue 1
- 1-19 Use of a covariance variogram to investigate influence of subsurface drainage on spatial variability of soil-water properties
by Moustafa, Mahmoud M. & Yomota, Atsushi
- 21-40 Modeling of water and nitrogen dynamics on an undisturbed soil and a restored soil after open-cast mining
by Z. Antonopoulos, Vasssilis & C.L. Wyseure, Guido
- 41-53 Drainage water salinity of tubewells and pipe drains:: A case study from Pakistan
by Kelleners, T. J. & Chaudhry, M. R.
- 55-74 Cotton response to high frequency surface irrigation
by Hunsaker, D. J. & Clemmens, A. J. & Fangmeier, D. D.
- 75-92 An analytical solution for design of bi-level drainage systems
by Verma, A. K. & Gupta, S. K. & Singh, K. K. & Chauhan, H. S.
- 93-94 Comment on "Statistical procedures for the evaluation of evapotranspiration computing models" by C.P. Jacovides and H. Kontoyiannis, Agricultural Water Management 27 (1995) 365-371
by Knotters, M. & Oude Voshaar, J. H.
- 95-97 Reply to comment on "Statistical procedures for the evaluation of evapotranspiration computing models"
by Jacovides, C. P.
1998, Volume 36, Issue 3
- 181-200 Simulation of border irrigation system using explicit MacCormack finite difference method
by Dholakia, Mrugen & Misra, Rajeev & Zaman, M. S.
- 201-211 Necessity for modification of management parameters when using low quality water
by Alazba, A. A.
- 213-231 Water storage in soils during the fallow: prediction of the effects of rainfall pattern and soil conditions in the Ebro valley of Spain
by Austin, R. B. & Playan, E. & Gimeno, J.
- 233-246 Model validation and crop coefficients for irrigation scheduling in the North China plain
by Liu, Y. & Teixeira, J. L. & Zhang, H. J. & Pereira, L. S.
1998, Volume 36, Issue 2
- 99-109 Grouping water storage properties of Indian soils for soil water balance model applications
by Rao, N. H.
- 111-120 Effect of different cropping options on plant-available water of surface-drained vertisols in the Ethiopian highlands
by Astatke, Abiye & Mohamed Saleem, M. A.
- 121-139 Groundwater uptake and sustainability of Acacia and Prosopis plantations in Southern Pakistan
by Khanzada, A. N. & Morris, J. D. & Ansari, R. & Slavich, P. G. & Collopy, J. J.
- 141-156 Spatial variability of heavy metals in irrigated alfalfa fields in the upper Rio Grande River basin
by Assadian, N. W. & Esparza, L. C. & Fenn, L. B. & Ali, A. S. & Miyamoto, S. & Figueroa, U. V. & Warrick, A. W.
- 157-168 The effect of water vapour adsorption on soil moisture content under Mediterranean climatic conditions
by Kosmas, C. & Danalatos, N. G. & Poesen, J. & van Wesemael, B.
- 169-180 Subsurface mircroirrigated corn and peanut: Effect on soil pH
by Powell, Norris L. & Scott Wright, F.
1998, Volume 36, Issue 1
- 1-21 Two-level optimization model for Lower Indus Basin
by Garg, N. K. & Ali, Abbas
- 23-44 Simulation of pesticide concentrations in groundwater using Agricultural Drainage and Pesticide Transport (ADAPT) model
by Kalita, P. K. & Ward, A. D. & Kanwar, R. S. & McCool, D. K.
- 45-54 Salinity and drought, a comparison of their effects on the relationship between yield and evapotranspiration
by Katerji, N. & van Hoorn, J. W. & Hamdy, A. & Mastrorilli, M. & Karam, F.
- 55-70 Effect of irrigation and nitrogen on yield, yield components and water use efficiency of barley in Saudi Arabia
by Hussain, Ghulam & Al-Jaloud, Ali A.
- 71-83 Study on feasibility of drip irrigation in shallow ground water zones of eastern India
by Srivastava, R. C. & Upadhayaya, A.
- 85-94 Estimation of a production function for wheat under saline conditions
by Datta, K. K. & Sharma, V. P. & Sharma, D. P.
1998, Volume 35, Issue 3
- 191-200 Effect of leucaena mulch on soil-water use and wheat yield
by Sharma, N. K. & Singh, P. N. & Tyagi, P. C. & Mohan, S. C.
- 201-207 Effect of drip and furrow irrigation and plant spacing on yield of tomato at Dire Dawa, Ethiopia
by Yohannes, Fekadu & Tadesse, Teshome
- 209-226 Optimization of furrow irrigation schedules, designs and net return to water
by Raghuwanshi, N. S. & Wallender, W. W.
- 227-243 Using the DRAINMOD-N model to study effects of drainage system design and management on crop productivity, profitability and NO3-N losses in drainage water
by Breve, M. A. & Skaggs, R. W. & Parsons, J. E. & Gilliam, J. W.
- 245-259 Irrigation requirement of rubber trees (Hevea brasiliensis) in the subhumid tropics
by Vijayakumar, K. R. & Dey, S. K. & Chandrasekhar, T. R. & Devakumar, A. S. & Mohankrishna, T. & Rao, P. Sanjeeva & Sethuraj, M. R.
- 261-267 Reliability of drip irrigation systems under different operation conditions in Poland
by Jeznach, Jerzy
1997, Volume 35, Issue 1-2
- 1-10 Water requirement and productivity of palmarosa on sandy loam soil under a sub-tropical climate
by Singh, S. & Ram, M. & Ram, D. & Sharma, S. & Singh, D. V.
- 11-28 The use of hydrological models in the irrigated areas of Mendoza, Argentina
by Querner, E. P. & Morabito, J. A. & Manzanera, M. & Paws, J. A. & Ciancaglini, N. C. & Menenti, M.
- 29-42 Grain sorghum growth, water use, and yield in contrasting soils
by Tolk, J. A. & Howell, T. A. & Steiner, J. L. & Evett, S. R.
- 43-60 Salinization and crop transpiration of irrigated fields in Pakistan's Punjab
by Smets, S. M. P. & Kuper, M. & Van Dam, J. C. & Feddes, R. A.
- 61-73 Water table draw down during drainage with evaporation/evapotranspiration
by Pandey, R. S. & Bhattacharya, A. K. & Singh, O. P. & Gupta, S. K.
- 75-93 Integrated groundwater flow and agronomic modelling for management of dryland salinity of a coastal plain in southern Australia
by Pavelic, Paul & Dillon, Peter J. & Narayan, Kumar A. & Herrmann, Tim N. & Barnett, Stephen R.
- 95-107 Comparative studies on performance of longitudinal and transverse drainage in Latvia
by Shkinkis, C.
- 109-121 A procedure for rotation irrigation in lowland rice
by Kan, Chun-E & Chen, Kune-Yao & Shih, Sun F.
- 123-146 Spatial and temporal distribution of soil water balance for a drip-irrigated almond tree
by Andreu, L. & Hopmans, J. W. & Schwankl, L. J.
- 147-165 Assessing irrigation/drainage/salinity management using spatially referenced salinity measurements
by Rhoades, J. D. & Lesch, S. M. & LeMert, R. D. & Alves, W. J.
- 167-182 Sorghum and sunflower evapotranspiration and yield from simulated leaf area index
by Mailhol, Jean Claude & Olufayo, Ayorinde A. & Ruelle, Pierre
1997, Volume 34, Issue 3
- 207-215 Evaluation of the portable furrow infiltrometer
by Izadi, B. & King, B. & Ashraf, M. S.
- 217-231 Accounting for humidity in canopy-temperature-controlled irrigation scheduling
by Wanjura, Donald F. & Upchurch, Dan R.
- 233-246 Simulation of soil moisture dynamics on irrigated cotton in semi-arid climates
by Antonopoulos, Vassilis Z.
- 247-263 Application efficiency of micro-sprinkler irrigation of almond trees
by Koumanov, K. S. & Hopmans, J. W. & Schwankl, L. J. & Andreu, L. & Tuli, A.
1997, Volume 34, Issue 2
- 111-124 Behavior of 42 crop species grown in saline soils with high boron concentrations
by Ferreyra, Raul E. & Aljaro, Agustin U. & Ruiz, Rafael Sch. & Rojas, Leonardo P. & Oster, J. D.
- 125-135 Effect of saline irrigation on germination and growth parameters of barley (Hordeum vulgare L.) in a pot experiment
by Hussain, Ghulam & Al-Jaloud, A. A. & Al-Shammafy, S. A. & Karimulla, S. & Al-Aswad, S. O.
- 137-148 Evaluation of irrigation scheduling program and spring wheat yield response in southwestern Colorado
by Al-Kaisi, Mahdi M. & Berrada, Abdel & Stack, Mark
- 149-160 Irrigation of sunflower (Helianthus annuus) in relation to tillage and mulching
by Gajri, P. R. & Gill, K. S. & Chaudhary, M. R. & Singh, Rachhpal
- 161-167 Growth of faba bean (Vicia faba L.) as influenced by irrigation water salinity and time of salinization
by Al-Tahir, Osman A. & Al-Abdulsalam, Mohammad A.
- 169-185 Application of the optimization method for estimating infiltration characteristics in furrow irrigation and its comparison with other methods
by Esfandiari, M. & Maheshwari, B. L.
- 187-193 Estimating recession times in furrows with small longitudinal slope on a clay soil
by Esfandiari, M. & Maheshwari, B. L. & Cornish, P. S.
- 195-206 Economic analysis of trickle irrigation system considering planting geometry
by T iwari, K. N. & Yella Reddy, K.
1997, Volume 34, Issue 1
- 1-16 Nitrogen and chloride concentration in deep soil cores related to fertilization
by Al-Jamal, M. Salameh & Sammis, T. W. & Jones, T.
- 17-24 Effects of water quality and frequency of irrigation on growth and yield of barley (Hordeum vulgare L.)
by Al-Tahir, Osman A. & Al-Nabulsi, Y. A. & Helalia, A. M.
- 25-46 Analysis of surface irrigation performance terms and indices
by Zerihun, Dawit & Wang, Zhi & Rimal, Suman & Feyen, Jan & Mohan Reddy, J.
- 47-55 Long-term salinity development in a lysimeter experiment
by Van Hoorn, J. W. & Katerji, N. & Hamdy, A.
- 57-69 Osmotic adjustment of sugar beets in response to soil salinity and its influence on stomatal conductance, growth and yield
by Katerji, N. & van Hoorn, J. W. & Hamdy, A. & Mastrorilli, M. & Karzel, E. Mou
- 71-79 Water use and yields of sugarbeet grown under every-other-furrow irrigation with different irrigation intervals
by Sepaskhah, A. R. & Kamgar-Haghighi, A. A.
- 81-94 Some environmental problems associated with the use of treated wastewater for irrigation in Jordan
by Al-Nakshabandi, G. A. & Saqqar, M. M. & Shatanawi, M. R. & Fayyad, M. & Al-Horani, H.
- 95-110 Impact of hardy ornamental nursery stock (HONS) systems on the environment: losses of nutrients and agrochemicals
by Harris, G. L. & Hodgkinson, R. A. & Scott, M. & Mason, D. J. & Pepper, T. J.
1997, Volume 33, Issue 2-3
- 87-97 Soil water management implications during the constant rate and the falling rate stages of soil evaporation
by Bonsu, Mensah
- 99-116 Surface water management under varying drainage conditions for rice on an acid sulphate soil in the Mekong Delta, Vietnam
by Hanhart, K. & Ni, Duong Van & Bakker, N. & Bil, F. & Postma, I. & van Mensvoort, M. E. F.
- 117-126 Optimising the dimensions of agrowells in hard-rock aquifers in Sri Lanka
by De Silva, C. S. & Weatherhead, E. K.
- 127-137 Control of clogging in drip irrigation with stored treated municipal sewage effluent
by Ravina, I. & Paz, E. & Sofer, Z. & Marm, A. & Schischa, A. & Sagi, G. & Yechialy, Z. & Lev, Y.
- 139-157 A comparison of furrow, surface drip, and subsurface drip irrigation on lettuce yield and applied water
by Hansona, B. R. & Schwankl, L. J. & Schulbach, K. F. & Pettygrove, G. S.
- 159-168 Validation of a malting barley water and nutrient management expert system
by Broner, I. & Thompson, K. & Dillon, M.
- 169-181 Design and development of an auto irrigation system
by Luthra, S. K. & Kaledonkar, M. J. & Singh, O. P. & Tyagi, N. K.
- 183-210 Hillslope dynamics of on-farm generation of surface water flows: The case of rain-fed cultivation of pearl millet on sandy soil in the Sahel
by Rockstrom, J. & Valentin, C.
- 211-212 Land and water development in the Asia-Pacific region : V.V.N. Murty and K. Takeuchi, Science Publishers, Inc., Lebanon, NH, 1966, 152 pp., ISBN 1-886106-60-6
by Walter, Michael F.
- 213-214 Louis J. Thibodeaux. Environmental chemodynamics: Movement of chemicals in air, water, and soil : John Wiley & Sons, Inc. 605 Third Ave., New York, NY 10158-0012. 1996. ISBN 0-471-61295-2. 599 pp. $69.95
by Koelliker, James K.
- 215-217 Soil salinity and water quality : by R. Chhabra, A.A. Balkerna Publishers, Brookfield, VT, USA, 1966, 284 pp., ISBN 90-5410-727-8
by Oster, J. D.
1997, Volume 33, Issue 1
- 1-18 Mapping the total volumetric irrigation water requirements in England and Wales
by Knox, J. W. & Weatherhead, E. K. & Bradley, R. I.
- 19-29 Irrigation planning in wheat (Triticum aestivum) under deep water table conditions through simulation modelling
by Singh, Rajinder & Singh, Joginder
- 31-41 Grain sorghum response to supplementary irrigations under post-rainy season conditions
by Farah, S. M. & Salih, A. A. & Taha, A. M. & Ali, Z. I. & Ali, I. A.
- 43-62 Optimal crop planning model for an existing groundwater irrigation project in Thailand
by Mainuddin, Mohammed & Das Gupta, Ashim & Raj Onta, Pushpa
- 63-78 The response of sap flow in apple roots to localised irrigation
by Green, S. R. & Clothier, B. E. & McLeod, D. J.
- 79-81 The economics of soil degradation: technological change and policy alternatives. SMSS technical monograph 22 : John H. Sanders, Douglas D. Southgate and John G. Lee. Purdue University, Department of Agricultural Economics, West Lafayette, IN, and World Soil Resources, USDA-Natural Resources Conservation Service, Washington, DC, 1995, 74 pp., unpriced (from USDA-NRCS)
by Harman, Wyatte L.
- 81-83 Paddy fields in the world : T. Tabuchi and S. Hasegawa, Japanese Society of Irrigation, Drainage and Reclamation Engineering, Tokyo, 1995, 353 pp., [yen sign] 10 000 E, ISBN 4-88980-077-8 C 3061
by Sakthivadivel, R.
- 83-84 Crop-water-simulation models in practice, selected papers of the 2nd workshop on crop-water-models held at the occasion of the 15th congress of the international commission on irrigation and drainage (ICID), The Hague, The Netherlands, 1993 : L.S. Pereira, B.J. van den Broek, P. Kabat and R.G. Allen (Editors). Wageningen Pers, Wageningen, The Netherlands, 1995, 339 pp., Dfl.218 (hardbound), ISBN 90-74134-26-2
by Evett, Steven R.
1997, Volume 32, Issue 3
- 215-225 Effects of NaCl salinity on germination, growth, gas exchange and yield of greenhouse eggplant
by Chartzoulakis, K. S. & Loupassaki, M. H.
- 227-238 Real time irrigation management using the EPIC-PHASE model and weather forecasts
by Cabelguenne, M. & Debaeke, Ph. & Puech, J. & Bosc, N.
- 239-258 Evaluation of a watershed scale forest hydrologic model
by Amatya, D. M. & Skaggs, R. W. & Gregory, J. D.
- 259-273 Economic analysis of sprinkler and siphon tube irrigation systems, with implications for public policies
by Wichelns, Dennis & Houston, Laurie & Cone, David
- 275-284 An assessment of hydraulic design of micro-irrigation systems
by Wu, I-Pai
- 285-291 Response of wheat to saline irrigation and drainage
by Khosla, B. K. & Gupta, R. K.
- 293-306 Model simulation of water and nitrate movement in a level-basin under fertigation treatments
by Santos, D. V. & Sousa, P. L. & Smith, R. E.
- 307-320 Cost assessment of various means of averting environmental damage and groundwater contamination from nitrate seepage
by Haruvy, Nava & Hadas, A. & Hadas, Aviva
1997, Volume 32, Issue 2
- 111-129 Field-measured evapotranspiration as a stochastic process
by Raghuwanshi, N. S. & Wallender, W. W.
- 131-145 Bypass flow and its role in leaching of raised beds under different land use types on an acid sulphate soil
by Minh, L. Q. & Tuong, T. P. & Booltink, H. W. G. & van Mensvoort, M. E. F. & Bouma, J.
- 147-162 Evaluating water delivery in tertiary units Part l: Method
by Gilot, Luc
- 163-179 Evaluating water delivery in tertiary units Part 2: A case study, Urcuqui, a farmer-managed irrigation system in the Andes
by Gilot, Luc & Calvez, Roger & Le Goulvenp, Partick & Ruf, Thierry
- 181-195 Evaluation of an irrigation water management scheme -- a case study
by Sarma, P. B. S. & Rao, V. V.
- 197-209 Water stress response function for groundnut (Arachis hypogaea L.)
by Jain, L. L. & Panda, R. K. & Sharma, C. P.
- 211-212 Rivers of Eden : Rivers of Eden: The Struggle for Water and the Quest for Peace in the Middle East, by Daniel Hillel, Oxford University Press, 1994, 355 pp. $30.00 (cloth), ISBN 0-19-58068-8
by Ruff, James F.
- 212-213 Design of diversion weirs : Design of Diversion Weirs: Small Scale Irrigation in Hot Climates. By Rozgar Baban, Wiley, 1995, 228 pp. $49.95 (paperback), ISBN 0 471 95211 7
by Walker, Wynn R.
- 213-214 Solute modelleing in catchment systems : Solute Modelling in Catchment Systems. Stephen T. Trudgill (Editor), Wiley, Chichester, UK, New York, USA, 1995, 473 pp. $125.00 (cloth), ISBN 0-471-95717-8
by Hogarth, Bill
1996, Volume 32, Issue 1
- 1-14 Perspectives on deficit irrigation
by English, Marshall & Raja, Syed Navaid
- 15-27 Seasonal movement of salts in naturally structured saline-sodic clay soils
by Armstrong, A. S. B. & Rycroft, D. W. & Tanton, T. W.
- 29-36 The areal distribution of soil moisture under sprinkler irrigation
by Li, Jiusheng & Kawano, Hiroshi
- 37-48 Simple microirrigation techniques for improving irrigation efficiency on vegetable gardens
by Batchelor, Charles & Lovell, Christopher & Murata, Monica
- 49-69 Evaluation of two water table management models for Atlantic Canada
by Prasher, S. O. & Madani, A. & Clemente, R. S. & Geng, G. Q. & Bhardwaj, A.
- 71-83 Water balance and nitrate leaching in an irrigated maize crop in SW Spain
by Moreno, F. & Cayuela, J. A. & Fernandez, J. E. & Fernandez-Boy, E. & Murillo, J. M. & Cabrera, F.
- 85-104 Water balance estimates over Greece
by Kerkides, P. & Michalopoulou, H. & Papaioannou, G. & Pollatou, R.
1996, Volume 31, Issue 3
- 165-184 Water, tillage and weed interactions in lowland tropical rice: a review
by Bhagat, R. M. & Bhuiyan, S. I. & Moody, K.
- 185-193 Real-time forecasting of irrigation water requirements of paddy fields
by Li, Y. H. & Cui, Y. L.
- 195-203 Atrazine fate on a tile drained field in northern New York: a case study
by Rothstein, Eric & Steenhuis, Tammo S. & Peverly, John H. & Geohring, Larry D.
- 205-223 Uptake of shallow groundwater by cotton: growth stage, groundwater salinity effects in column lysimeters
by Hutmacher, R. B. & Ayars, J. E. & Vail, S. S. & Bravo, A. D. & Dettinger, D. & Schoneman, R. A.
- 225-235 Influence of leaching with different amounts of water on desalinization and permeability behaviour of chloride and sulphate-dominated saline soils
by Sharma, S. K. & Manchanda, H. R.
- 237-251 Computerized database for optimal management of community irrigation systems in Thailand
by Jiracheewee, N. & Oron, G. & Murty, V. V. N. & Wuwongse, V.
- 253-267 On-farm rainwater and crop management for improving productivity of rainfed areas
by Rathore, A. L. & Pal, A. R. & Sahu, R. K. & Chaudhary, J. L.
- 269-283 Characteristics of water reuse and its effects on paddy irrigation system water balance and the riceland ecosystem
by Zulu, Giveson & Toyota, Masaru & Misawa, Shin-ichi
- 285-293 Unsteady state drainage in a vertically heterogeneous soil
by Singh, M. P. & Chauhan, H. S. & Ram, S.
- 295-306 The effect of papermill wastewater irrigation and gypsum soil amendments on sodium accumulation by cottonwood and soil
by Howe, Jonathan & Wagner, Michael R.
- 307-309 Drainage principles and applications : Drainage Principles and Applications, ILRI Publication 16 (Second Edition), H.P. Ritzema (Editor-in-Chief), International Institute for Land Reclamation and Improvement (ILRI), P.O. Box 45, AA Wageningen, The Netherlands, 1994, 1125 pp., ISBN 90 70754339
by Wayne Skaggs, Richard