Agricultural Water Management
August 2001, Volume 49, Issue 3
- 225-237 A simulation study of chickpea crop response to limited irrigation in a semiarid environment
by Soltani, A. & Khooie, F. R. & Ghassemi-Golezani, K. & Moghaddam, M.
- 239-249 Estimation of crop evapotranspiration of irrigation command area using remote sensing and GIS
by Ray, S. S. & Dadhwal, V. K.
July 2001, Volume 49, Issue 2
- 77-95 Modelling the effects of soil and water management practices on the water balance and performance of rice
by Singh, K. B. & Gajri, P. R. & Arora, V. K.
- 97-114 Irrigation management for optimizing crop production and nitrate leaching on grassland
by Hack-ten Broeke, M. J. D.
- 115-129 A simulation model of water dynamics in winter wheat field and its application in a semiarid region
by Kang, Shaozhong & Zhang, Fucang & Zhang, Jianhua
- 131-151 The role of `virtual water' in efforts to achieve food security and other national goals, with an example from Egypt
by Wichelns, Dennis
- 153-161 Calculation of Field Manning's Roughness Coefficient
by Li, Zhe & Zhang, Juntao
July 2001, Volume 49, Issue 1
- 1-9 Yield and fibre quality of cotton cultivars as affected by the build-up of sodium in the soils with sustained sodic irrigations under semi-arid conditions
by Choudhary, O. P. & Josan, A. S. & Bajwa, M. S.
- 11-30 Field water management to save water and increase its productivity in irrigated lowland rice
by Bouman, B. A. M. & Tuong, T. P.
- 31-50 Irrigation management and hydrosalinity balance in a semi-arid area of the middle Ebro river basin (Spain)
by Tedeschi, A. & Beltran, A. & Aragues, R.
- 51-63 Crop coefficient of sesame in a semi-arid region of I.R. Iran
by Sepaskhah, Ali R. & Andam, M.
- 65-76 Rainfall interception by olive trees in relation to leaf area
by Gomez, J. A. & Giraldez, J. V. & Fereres, E.
June 2001, Volume 48, Issue 3
- 179-189 Assessment of spatial variability in nitrate leaching to reduce nitrogen fertilizers impact on water quality
by Ersahin, Sabit
- 191-206 Timing of salinity stress affects rice growth and yield components
by Zeng, Linghe & Shannon, Michael C. & Lesch, Scott M.
- 207-224 Drainage equations for random and irregular tile drainage systems
by Cooke, R. A. & Badiger, S. & Garcia, A. M.
- 225-238 Modeling an irrigation management strategy for minimizing the leaching of atrazine
by Asare, D. K. & Sammis, T. W. & Smeal, D. & Zhang, H. & Sitze, D. O.
- 239-253 Improving mole drainage channel stability in irrigated areas
by Christen, E. W. & Spoor, G.
- 255-266 Yield and size of deficit irrigated potatoes
by Fabeiro, C. & Martin de Santa Olalla, F. & de Juan, J. A.
June 2001, Volume 48, Issue 2
- 79-88 Buried clay pot irrigation: a little known but very efficient traditional method of irrigation
by Bainbridge, David A.
- 89-102 Design principles in long-enduring institutions of Japanese irrigation common-pool resources
by Sarker, Ashutosh & Itoh, Tadao
- 103-116 Optimisation model for water allocation in deficit irrigation systems: I. Description of the model
by Reca, Juan & Roldan, Jose & Alcaide, Miguel & Lopez, Rafael & Camacho, Emilio
- 117-132 Optimisation model for water allocation in deficit irrigation systems: II. Application to the Bembezar irrigation system
by Reca, Juan & Roldan, Jose & Alcaide, Miguel & Lopez, Rafael & Camacho, Emilio
- 133-150 Irrigation with saline water in the reclaimed marsh soils of south-west Spain: impact on soil properties and cotton and sugar beet crops
by Moreno, F. & Cabrera, F. & Fernandez-Boy, E. & Giron, I. F. & Fernandez, J. E. & Bellido, B.
- 151-167 Improving water use efficiency of irrigated crops in the North China Plain -- measurements and modelling
by Wang, Huixiao & Zhang, Lu & Dawes, W. R. & Liu, Changming
- 169-178 Salinity distribution in paddy root zone under subsurface drainage
by Ramana Rao, K. V. & Bhattacharya, A. K.
May 2001, Volume 48, Issue 1
- 1-20 Groundwater uptake and sustainability of farm plantations on saline sites in Punjab province, Pakistan
by Mahmood, Khalid & Morris, Jim & Collopy, John & Slavich, Peter
- 21-35 Comparison of a modified statistical-dynamic water balance model with the numerical model WAVES and field measurements
by Huang, Mingbin & Shao, Mingan & Li, Yushan
- 37-50 Nitrate leaching and soil nitrate content as affected by irrigation uniformity in a carrot field
by Allaire-Leung, S. E. & Wu, L. & Mitchell, J. P. & Sanden, B. L.
- 51-60 The Eritrean spate irrigation system
by Tesfai, Mehretab & Stroosnijder, Leo
- 61-78 Parameters affecting water vapor adsorption by the soil under semi-arid climatic conditions
by Kosmas, C. & Marathianou, M. & Gerontidis, St. & Detsis, V. & Tsara, M. & Poesen, J.
April 2001, Volume 47, Issue 3
- 179-190 Response of two varieties of lentil to soil salanity
by Katerji, N. & van Hoorn, J. W. & Hamdy, A. & Mastrorilli, M. & Oweis, T. & Erskine, W.
- 191-209 Influence of subsurface drainage on crop production and soil quality in a low-lying acid sulphate soil
by Mathew, E. K. & Panda, R. K. & Nair, Madhusudan
- 211-226 Re-engineering irrigation management and system operations
by Renault, Daniel
- 227-241 Farm-scale stormwater losses of sediment and nutrients from a market garden near Sydney, Australia
by Hollinger, E. & Cornish, P. S. & Baginska, B. & Mann, R. & Kuczera, G.
- 243-264 Managing subsurface drip irrigation in the presence of shallow ground water
by Ayars, J. E. & Schoneman, R. A. & Dale, F. & Meso, B. & Shouse, P.
March 2001, Volume 47, Issue 2
- 85-100 Controlled drainage -- effects on drain outflow and water quality
by Wesstrom, Ingrid & Messing, Ingmar & Linner, Harry & Lindstrom, Jan
- 101-118 Application of drag reducing commercial and purified guargum for reduction of energy requirement of sprinkler irrigation and percolation rate of the soil
by Phukan, S. & Kumar, P. & Panda, J. & Nayak, B. R. & Tiwari, K. N. & Singh, R. P.
- 119-135 Comparison of surge and continuous furrow methods for cotton in the Harran plain
by Kanber, Riza & Koksal, Harun & Onder, Sermet & Kapur, Selim & Sahan, Sebahattin
- 137-153 Real-time scheduling of supplemental irrigation for potatoes using a decision model and short-term weather forecasts
by Gowing, J. W. & Ejieji, C. J.
- 155-178 Application of confined aquifer theory for verification of solutions of water flow towards a drain in saturated-unsaturated soil
by Zaradny, Henryk
February 2001, Volume 47, Issue 1
- 1-8 Salt tolerance of crops according to three classification methods and examination of some hypothesis about salt tolerance
by Katerji, N. & van Hoorn, J. W. & Hamdy, A. & Mastrorilli, M.
- 9-23 Soil salinity reduction and prediction of salt dynamics in the coastal ricelands of Bangladesh
by Mondal, Manoranjan K. & Bhuiyan, Sadiqul I. & Franco, Danielito T.
- 25-35 Effects of different water supply regimes on water use and yield performance of spring wheat in a simulated semi-arid environment
by Li, Feng-Min & Yan, Xun & Li, Feng-Rui & Guo, An-Hong
- 37-53 Methodology for design of water harvesting system for high rainfall areas
by Srivastava, R. C.
- 55-68 Simulation of the dry matter production and seed yield of common beans under varying soil water and salinity conditions
by Adiku, S. G. K. & Renger, M. & Wessolek, G. & Facklam, M. & Hecht-Bucholtz, C.
- 69-75 Use of crop water stress index for monitoring water status and scheduling irrigation in wheat
by Alderfasi, Ali Abdullah & Nielsen, David C.
January 2001, Volume 46, Issue 3
- 201-213 Salt distribution in the Senegal middle valley: Analysis of a saline structure on planned irrigation schemes from N'Galenka creek
by Barbiero, Laurent & Cunnac, Sebastien & Mane, Landing & Laperrousaz, Caroline & Hammecker, Claude & Maeght, Jean Luc
- 215-230 Importance of water consumption by perennial vegetation in irrigated areas of the humid tropics: evidence from Sri Lanka
by Renault, D. & Hemakumara, M. & Molden, D.
- 231-239 Effect of initial soil salinity and subirrigation water salinity on potato tuber yield and size
by Patell, R. M. & Prasher, S. O. & Donnelly, D. & Bonnell, R. B.
- 241-251 Assessment of drip and flood irrigation on water and fertilizer use efficiencies for sugarbeets
by Cassel Sharmasarkar, F. & Sharmasarkar, S. & Miller, S. D. & Vance, G. F. & Zhang, R.
- 253-266 Comparison of sprinkler, trickle and furrow irrigation efficiencies for onion production
by Al-Jamal, M. S. & Ball, S. & Sammis, T. W.
- 267-276 Economic weeding method for irrigated rice production in Bangladesh
by Islam, M. J. & Molla, H. R.
- 277-283 Index
- 285-304 Index
December 2000, Volume 46, Issue 2
- 111-119 Effect of deficit irrigation on wheat and opportunities of growing wheat on residual soil moisture in southeast Zimbabwe
by Mugabe, F. T. & Nyakatawa, E. Z.
- 121-136 Development and testing of an irrigation scheduling model
by George, B. A. & Shende, S. A. & Raghuwanshi, N. S.
- 137-155 Remote sensing for irrigated agriculture: examples from research and possible applications
by Bastiaanssen, Wim G. M. & Molden, David J. & Makin, Ian W.
- 157-166 Assessment of a crop growth-water balance model for predicting maize growth and yield in a subtropical environment
by Arora, V. K. & Gajri, P. R.
- 167-182 Modeling water balance components and irrigation efficiencies in relation to water requirements for double-cropping systems
by Hazrat Ali, Md. & Teang Shui, Lee & Chee Yan, Kwok & Eloubaidy, Aziz F. & Foong, K. C.
- 183-192 Rainfall harvesting using sand ditches in Jordan
by Abu-Zreig, Majed & Attom, Mousa & Hamasha, Nisreen
- 193-200 Comment on the paper "An analytical solution for design of bi-level drainage systems" by A.K. Verma, S.K. Gupta, K.K. Singh, H.S. Chauhan
by Kacimov, A. R.
November 2000, Volume 46, Issue 1
- 1-13 Deficit irrigation and nitrogen effects on maize in a Sahelian environment: I. Grain yield and yield components
by Pandey, R. K. & Maranville, J. W. & Admou, A.
- 15-27 Deficit irrigation and nitrogen effects on maize in a Sahelian environment: II. Shoot growth, nitrogen uptake and water extraction
by Pandey, R. K. & Maranville, J. W. & Chetima, M. M.
- 29-41 Computing the crop water production function for onion
by Al-Jamal, M. S. & Sammis, T. W. & Ball, S. & Smeal, D.
- 43-53 Solute transport in cinnamon soil: measurement and simulation using stochastic models
by Cui, Jianbo & Zhuang, Jiping
- 55-71 Reclaiming salt-affected land through drainage in Haryana, India: a financial analysis
by Datta, K. K. & de Jong, C. & Singh, O. P.
- 73-89 Influence of water table management on corn and soybean yields
by Mejia, M. N. & Madramootoo, C. A. & Broughton, R. S.
- 91-109 Water management for rice cultivation on acid sulphate soils in the Plain of Reeds, Vietnam
by Husson, Olivier & Hanhart, Karel & Phung, Mai Thanh & Bouma, Johan
August 2000, Volume 45, Issue 3
- 215-216 Globalisation of water management
by Clothier, Brent E.
- 217-228 Integrated water management: emerging issues and challenges
by Bouwer, Herman
- 229-241 Characterisation of hydrogen isotope profiles in an agroforestry system: implications for tracing water sources of trees
by Burgess, Stephen S. O. & Adams, Mark A. & Turner, Neil C. & Ward, Brett
- 243-266 Decision support for irrigation project planning using a genetic algorithm
by Kuo, Sheng-Feng & Merkley, Gary P. & Liu, Chen-Wuing
- 267-274 Alternate furrow irrigation for maize production in an arid area
by Kang, Shaozhong & Liang, Zongsuo & Pan, Yinhua & Shi, Peize & Zhang, Jianhua
- 275-296 Nutritional water productivity and diets
by Renault, D. & Wallender, W. W.
- 297-316 Crop water requirements model tested for crops grown in Greece
by Anadranistakis, M. & Liakatas, A. & Kerkides, P. & Rizos, S. & Gavanosis, J. & Poulovassilis, A.
- 317-330 Effects of furrow irrigation methods, mulching and soil water suction on the growth, yield and water use efficiency of tomato in the Nigerian Savanna
by Ramalan, A. A. & Nwokeocha, C. U.
- 331-342 Response of six vegetable crops to irrigation schedules
by Imtiyaz, M. & Mgadla, N. P. & Chepete, B. & Manase, S. K.
July 2000, Volume 45, Issue 2
- 101-125 Effect of tied-ridging on soil water status of a maize crop under Malawi conditions
by Wiyo, K. A. & Kasomekera, Z. M. & Feyen, J.
- 127-143 Soil and water indicators for optimal practices when reclaiming acid sulphate soils in the Plain of Reeds, Viet Nam
by Husson, O. & Phung, Mai Thanh & Van Mensvoort, M. E. F.
- 145-157 Irrigation automation based on soil electrical conductivity and leaf temperature
by Abraham, Noble & Hema, P. S. & Saritha, E. K. & Subramannian, Shinoj
- 159-167 Digital image processing for determining drop sizes from irrigation spray nozzles
by Sudheer, K. P. & Panda, R. K.
- 169-184 An analytical solution for bi-level drainage design in the presence of evapotranspiration
by Upadhyaya, A. & Chauhan, H. S.
- 185-202 Using the IRMOS model for diagnostic analysis and performance enhancement of the Rio Cobre Irrigation Scheme, Jamaica
by Hales, A. L. & Burton, M. A.
- 203-214 Estimation of crop water requirements in arid region using Penman-Monteith equation with derived crop coefficients: a case study on Acala cotton in Sudan Gezira irrigated scheme
by Abdelhadi, A. W. & Hata, Takeshi & Tanakamaru, Haruya & Tada, Akio & Tariq, M. A.
June 2000, Volume 45, Issue 1
- 1-15 Factor analysis for the study of water resources contamination due to the use of livestock slurries as fertilizer
by Vidal, M. & Lopez, A. & Santoalla, M. C. & Valles, V.
- 17-39 Calibration and validation of a non-point source pollution model
by Grunwald, S. & Norton, L. D.
- 41-54 Determination of evapotranspiration and crop coefficients of rice and sunflower with lysimeter
by Tyagi, N. K. & Sharma, D. K. & Luthra, S. K.
- 55-71 Impacts of gypsum and winter cover crops on soil physical properties and crop productivity when irrigated with saline water
by Mitchell, J. P. & Shennan, C. & Singer, M. J. & Peters, D. W. & Miller, R. O. & Prichard, T. & Grattan, S. R. & Rhoades, J. D. & May, D. M. & Munk, D. S.
- 73-86 An integrated drainage network analysis system for agricultural drainage management. Part 1: the system
by Yang, Xihua & Zhou, Qiming & Melville, Mike
- 87-100 An integrated drainage network analysis system for agricultural drainage management. Part 2: the application
by Yang, Xihua & Zhou, Qiming & Melville, Mike
May 2000, Volume 44, Issue 1-3
- 1-1 Introduction
by Vanclooster, M. & Boesten, J. J. T. I. & Trevisan, M.
- 1-19 A European test of pesticide-leaching models: methodology and major recommendations
by Vanclooster, M. & Boesten, J. J. T. I. & Trevisan, M. & Brown, C. D. & Capri, E. & Eklo, O. M. & Gottesburen, B. & Gouy, V. & van der Linden, A. M. A.
- 21-42 Movement of water, bromide and the pesticides ethoprophos and bentazone in a sandy soil: the Vredepeel data set
by Boesten, J. J. T. I. & van der Pas, L. J. T.
- 43-61 The Weiherbach data set:: An experimental data set for pesticide model testing on the field scale
by Schierholz, I. & Schafer, D. & Kolle, O.
- 63-74 Lysimeter experiments with metolachlor in Tor Mancina (Italy)
by Francaviglia, R. & Capri, E.
- 75-83 Evaluating pesticide leaching models: the Brimstone Farm dataset
by Harris, G. L. & Catt, J. A. & Bromilow, R. H. & Armstrong, A. C.
- 85-104 Comparison of the performance of pesticide-leaching models on a cracking clay soil: results using the Brimstone Farm dataset
by Armstrong, Adrian & Aden, Karin & Amraoui, Nadia & Diekkruger, Bernd & Jarvis, Nick & Mouvet, Christophe & Nicholls, Peter & Wittwer, Caroline
- 105-117 Application of pesticide simulation models to the Vredepeel dataset: I. Water, solute and heat transport
by Vanclooster, M. & Boesten, J. J. T. I.
- 119-134 Application of pesticide leaching models to the Vredepeel dataset: II Pesticide fate
by Tiktak, Aaldrik
- 135-151 Comparing and evaluating pesticide leaching models: results for the Tor Mancina data set (Italy)
by Francaviglia, R. & Capri, E. & Klein, M. & Hosang, J. & Aden, K. & Trevisan, M. & Errera, G.
- 153-181 Comparison of pesticide leaching models: results using the Weiherbach data set
by Gottesburen, B. & Aden, K. & Barlund, I. & Brown, C. & Dust, M. & Gorlitz, G. & Jarvis, N. & Rekolainen, S. & Schafer, H.
- 183-199 CRACK-NP: a pesticide leaching model for cracking clay soils
by Armstrong, A. C. & Matthews, A. M. & Portwood, A. M. & Leeds-Harrison, P. B. & Jarvis, N. J.
- 201-224 Simulation of soil water, bromide and pesticide behaviour in soil with the G model
by Rekolainen, S. & Gouy, V. & Francaviglia, R. & Eklo, O. -M. & Barlund, I.
- 225-245 Simulation of water and solute transport in field soils with the LEACHP model
by Dust, M. & Baran, N. & Errera, G. & Hutson, J. L. & Mouvet, C. & Schafer, H. & Vereecken, H. & Walker, A.
- 247-262 Sources of error in model predictions of pesticide leaching: a case study using the MACRO model
by Jarvis, N. J. & Brown, C. D. & Granitza, E.
- 263-281 Comparing and evaluating pesticide leaching models: Results of simulations with PELMO
by Klein, Michael & Hosang, Jurg & Schafer, Helmut & Erzgraber, Beate & Resseler, Herbert
- 283-305 Testing PESTLA using two modellers for bentazone and ethoprophos in a sandy soil
by Boesten, J. J. T. I. & Gottesburen, B.
- 307-315 Simulation of pesticide leaching at Vredepeel and Brimstone farm using the macropore model PLM
by Nicholls, P. H. & Harris, G. L. & Brockie, D.
- 317-335 Modelling ethoprophos and bentazone fate in a sandy humic soil with primary pesticide fate model PRZM-2
by Trevisan, M. & Errera, G. & Goerlitz, G. & Remy, B. & Sweeney, P.
- 337-355 Modeling pesticide dynamics of four different sites using the model system SIMULAT
by Aden, K. & Diekkruger, B.
- 357-369 Modelling pesticide leaching in a sandy soil with the VARLEACH model
by Trevisan, M. & Errera, G. & Vischetti, C. & Walker, A.
- 371-388 Evaluation of pesticide dynamics of the WAVE-model
by Vanclooster, M. & Ducheyne, S. & Dust, M. & Vereecken, H.
- 389-409 Modeller subjectivity in estimating pesticide parameters for leaching models using the same laboratory data set
by Boesten, J. J. T. I.
April 2000, Volume 43, Issue 3
- 263-284 Modelling evaporation and drift losses in irrigation with medium size impact sprinklers under semi-arid conditions
by Tarjuelo, J. M. & Ortega, J. F. & Montero, J. & de Juan, J. A.
- 285-309 Gleams model application on a heavy clay soil in Finland
by Knisel, Walter G. & Turtola, Eila
- 311-325 Impact of irrigation scheduling practices on pesticide leaching at a regional level
by Asare, D. K. & Sitze, D. O. & Monger, C. H. & Sammis, T. W.
- 327-343 A new planning model for canal scheduling of rotational irrigation
by Santhi, C. & Pundarikanthan, N. V.
- 345-357 Water use in a modified summer fallow system on semiarid northern Great Plains
by Aase, J. K. & Pikul, J. L.
March 2000, Volume 43, Issue 2
- 139-149 Simulation of soil moisture content of a prairie field with SWAP93
by Elmaloglou, St. & Malamos, N.
- 151-171 Aggregated hydraulic sensitivity indicators for irrigation system behavior
by Renault, D.
- 173-182 Water stress during different sugarcane growth periods on yield and response to N fertilization
by Wiedenfeld, Robert P.
- 183-202 Distributed agro-hydrological modeling of an irrigation system in western Turkey
by Droogers, P. & Bastiaanssen, W. G. M. & Beyazgul, M. & Kayam, Y. & Kite, G. W. & Murray-Rust, H.
- 203-218 Predicting and mapping the future demand for irrigation water in England and Wales
by Weatherhead, E. K. & Knox, J. W.
- 219-238 The impact of water-pricing policy in Spain: an analysis of three irrigated areas
by Berbel, J. & Gomez-Limon, J. A.
- 239-261 Soil salinization in the Nile Delta and related policy issues in Egypt
by Kotb, Tarek H. S. & Watanabe, Tsugihiro & Ogino, Yoshihiko & Tanji, Kenneth K.
February 2000, Volume 43, Issue 1
- 1-14 Estimation of maize evapotranspiration under water deficits in a semiarid region
by Shaozhong, Kang & Huanjie, Cai & Jianhua, Zhang
- 15-28 Soil water and temperature regimes in drip and sprinkler irrigation, and implications to soybean emergence
by Wang, D. & Shannon, M. C. & Grieve, C. M. & Yates, S. R.
- 29-50 A cost recovery model for tertiary canal improvement projects, with an example from Egypt
by Wichelns, Dennis
- 51-74 Strategies for water management in gravity sprinkle irrigation systems
by Ramalan, A. A. & Hill, R. W.
- 75-98 Water balance in a young almond orchard under drip irrigation with water of low quality
by Franco, J. A. & Abrisqueta, J. M. & Hernansaez, A. & Moreno, F.
- 99-109 Salt tolerance classification of crops according to soil salinity and to water stress day index
by Katerji, N. & van Hoorn, J. W. & Hamdy, A. & Mastrorilli, M.
- 111-131 Modeling and testing of the effect of tillage, cropping and water management practices on nitrate leaching in clay loam soil
by Ng, H. Y. F. & Drury, C. F. & Serem, V. K. & Tan, C. S. & Gaynor, J. D.
January 2000, Volume 42, Issue 3
- 259-272 Analysis of DRAINMOD performances with different detail of soil input data in the Veneto region of Italy
by Borin, Maurizio & Morari, Francesco & Bonaiti, Gabriele & Paasch, Mary & Wayne Skaggs, R.
- 273-290 Groundwater management for Lower Indus Basin
by Garg, N. K. & Ali, A.
- 291-312 A geostatistical approach to optimize the determination of saturated hydraulic conductivity for large-scale subsurface drainage design in Egypt
by Moustafa, Mahmoud M.
- 313-334 A case study for irrigation modernisation: I. Characterisation of the district and analysis of water delivery records
by Faci, J. M. & Bensaci, A. & Slatni, A. & Playan, E.
- 335-354 A case study for irrigation modernisation: II: Scenario analysis
by Playan, E. & Slatni, A. & Castillo, R. & Faci, J. M.
- 355-369 Evaporation losses from bare soils as influenced by cultivation techniques in semi-arid regions
by Mellouli, H. J. & van Wesemael, B. & Poesen, J. & Hartmann, R.
- 371-385 Modelling surface resistance from climatic variables?
by Alves, Isabel & Santos Pereira, Luis
November 1999, Volume 42, Issue 2
- 127-142 Effects of irrigation method on chile pepper yield and Phytophthora root rot incidence
by Xie, Jinhui & Cardenas, Elsa S. & Sammis, Theodore W. & Wall, Marisa M. & Lindsey, Donald L. & Murray, Leigh W.
- 143-156 Spatial variability of solutes in a pecan orchard surface-irrigated with untreated effluents in the upper Rio Grande River basin
by Assadian, N. W. & Fenn, L. B. & Flores-Ortiz, M. A. & Ali, A. S.
- 157-172 Partitioning soil-water losses in different plant populations of dry-land corn
by Persaud, N. & Khosla, R.
- 173-187 Temporal and spatial soil water management: a case study in the Heilonggang region, PR China
by Jin, Menggui & Zhang, Renquan & Sun, Lianfa & Gao, Yunfu
- 189-204 A comparison of soil-water distribution under ridge and bed cultivated potatoes
by Robinson, David
- 205-218 The influence of early sowing of wheat and lupin crops on evapotranspiration and evaporation from the soil surface in a Mediterranean climate
by Eastham, J. & Gregory, P. J. & Williamson, D. R. & Watson, G. D.
- 219-235 Estimating episodic recharge under different crop/pasture rotations in the Mallee region. Part 1. Experiments and model calibration
by Zhang, L. & Hume, I. H. & O'Connell, M. G. & Mitchell, D. C. & Milthorpe, P. L. & Yee, M. & Dawes, W. R. & Hatton, T. J.
- 237-249 Estimating episodic recharge under different crop/pasture rotations in the Mallee region. Part 2. Recharge control by agronomic practices
by Zhang, L. & Dawes, W. R. & Hatton, T. J. & Hume, I. H. & O'Connell, M. G. & Mitchell, D. C. & Milthorp, P. L. & Yee, M.
September 1999, Volume 42, Issue 1
- 1-27 Subsurface drip irrigation of row crops: a review of 15 years of research at the Water Management Research Laboratory
by Ayars, J. E. & Phene, C. J. & Hutmacher, R. B. & Davis, K. R. & Schoneman, R. A. & Vail, S. S. & Mead, R. M.
- 29-46 Comparative evaluation of three-crop growth models for the simulation of soil water balance in oilseed Brassica
by Bhattacharya, B. K. & Sastry, P. S. N.
- 47-63 An econometric irrigated crop allocation model for analyzing the impact of water restriction policies
by Recio, B. & Rubio, F. & Lomban, J. & Ibanez, J.
- 65-80 A furrow irrigation model to improve irrigation practices in the Gharb valley of Morocco
by Mailhol, Jean Claude & Priol, Morgan & Benali, Mohamed
- 81-95 Agricultural practices, soil fertility management modes and resultant nitrogen leaching rates under semi-arid conditions
by Hadas, A. & Hadas, Aviva & Sagiv, B. & Haruvy, Nava
- 97-109 Subsurface drainage of a three layered soil with slowly permeable top layer
by Singh, P. K. & Singh, O. P. & Jaiswal, C. S. & Chauhan, H. S.
- 111-121 Some hydrological parameters for the design and operation of small earthen dams in lower Shiwaliks of northern India
by Sur, H. S. & Bhardwaj, Anil & Jindal, P. K.
August 1999, Volume 41, Issue 3
- 139-147 The micro-catchment water harvesting technique for the plantation of jujube (Zizyphus mauritiana) in an agroforestry system under arid conditions
by Ojasvi, P. R. & Goyal, R. K. & Gupta, J. P.
- 149-166 Hydrological modelling of a small watershed using MIKE SHE for irrigation planning
by Singh, R. & Subramanian, K. & Refsgaard, J. C.
- 167-175 Modified rainfall simulator infiltrometer for infiltration, runoff and erosion studies
by Singh, R. & Panigrahy, N. & Philip, G.
July 1999, Volume 41, Issue 2
- 77-89 Sources of phosphorus exported from an agricultural watershed in Pennsylvania
by Sharpley, Andrew N. & Gburek, William J. & Folmar, G. & Pionke, H. B.
- 91-113 On-farm sampling density and correction requirements for soil moisture determination in irrigated heavy clay soils in the Gezira, central Sudan
by Ibrahim, Ahmed A. & Stigter, C. J. & Adeeb, Ali M. & Adam, Hussein S. & Van Rheenen, W.
- 115-131 Dimensionless advance curves for infiltration families
by Alazba, A. A.
June 1999, Volume 41, Issue 1
- 1-9 Performance of sugarcane genotypes grown under sodic soil and water conditions
by Kumar, Vijay & Singh, Sultan & Singh, Satyavir & Yadav, H. D.
- 11-19 Response surface analysis of tomato production under microirrigation
by Dalvi, V. B. & Tiwari, K. N. & Pawade, M. N. & Phirke, P. S.
- 21-39 Assessment of the effect of tie-ridging on smallholder maize yields in Malawi
by Wiyo, K. A. & Feyen, J.
- 41-56 Study on the performance of contour vegetative barriers in an arid region using numerical models
by Sharma, K. D. & Joshi, N. L. & Singh, H. P. & Bohra, D. N. & Kalla, A. K. & Joshi, P. K.
- 57-70 Model for assessing impact of salinity on soil water availability and crop yield
by Lamsal, K. & Paudyal, Guna N. & Saeed, M.
May 1999, Volume 40, Issue 2-3
- 153-169 Higher performance through combined improvements in irrigation methods and scheduling: a discussion
by Pereira, Luis S.
- 171-181 Irrigated agriculture in the Guadiana River high basin (Castilla-La Mancha, Spain): environmental and socioeconomic impacts
by Sanz, Gregorio Lopez
- 183-194 Irrigation with saline water: benefits and environmental impact
by Beltran, Julian Martinez
- 195-205 Improvement of irrigation management towards the sustainable use of groundwater in Castilla-La Mancha, Spain
by de Santa Olalla Manas, F. Martin & Brasa Ramos, A. & Fabeiro Cortes, C. & Fernandez Gonzalez, D. & Lopez Corcoles, H.
- 207-220 GIS tools applied to the sustainable management of water resources: Application to the aquifer system 08-29
by Calera Belmonte, A. & Medrano Gonzalez, J. & Vela Mayorga, A. & Castano Fernandez, S.
- 221-233 Regional analysis of irrigation water requirements using kriging: Application to potato crop (Solanum tuberosum L.) at Tras-os-Montes
by Sousa, Vicente & Pereira, Luis Santos
- 235-247 The impact of agriculture on ground water quality in Slovenia: standards and strategy
by Maticic, Brane
- 249-263 Improving water use efficiency as part of integrated catchment management
by Batchelor, Charles
- 265-273 Blue node concept: a regional water management strategy
by van der Vlist, M. J.
- 275-281 Efficient use of water in the southern region of Portugal: agronomic aspects
by Carvalho, M. & Basch, G.
- 283-290 Sustainable and effective irrigation through a new subsoil irrigation system (SIS)
by Barth, H. K.
- 291-302 Regional application of one-dimensional water flow models for irrigation management
by D'Urso, G. & Menenti, M. & Santini, A.
- 303-313 Management of water consumption in agriculture: A model for the economic optimisation of water use: application to a sub-humid area
by de Juan, J. A. & Tarjuelo, J. M. & Ortega, J. F. & Valiente, M. & Carrion, P.
- 315-331 Analysis of uniformity of sprinkle irrigation in a semi-arid area
by Tarjuelo, J. M. & Montero, J. & Honrubia, F. T. & Ortiz, J. J. & Ortega, J. F.
- 333-339 Transfer of irrigation scheduling technology in Mexico
by Quinones, Pedroza Hector & Unland, Helene & Ojeda, Waldo & Sifuentes, Ernesto
- 341-351 Comparative analysis of main on-farm irrigation systems in Portugal
by Sousa, Pedro Leao de & Silva, Luis L. & Serralheiro, Ricardo P.
- 353-362 Assessment of the performance of border and furrow irrigation systems and the relationship between performance indicators and system variables
by Feyen, Jan & Zerihun, Dawit
- 363-375 Assessment of vine development according to available water resources by using remote sensing in La Mancha, Spain
by Montero, F. J. & Melia, J. & Brasa, A. & Segarra, D. & Cuesta, A. & Lanjeri, S.
- 377-391 Optimal irrigation efficiency for maximum plant productivity and minimum water loss
by Burke, S. & Mulligan, M. & Thornes, J. B.
- 393-403 Modelling the local climate in island environments: water balance applications
by Brito de Azevedo, Eduardo & Santos Pereira, Luis & Itier, Bernard
March 1999, Volume 40, Issue 1
- 3-13 Systems approaches to water management research
by Stephens, William & Hess, Tim
- 15-24 Water losses in smallholder irrigation schemes
by Carter, Richard & Kay, Melvyn & Weatherhead, Keith
- 25-29 Priorities for irrigated agriculture
by Hall, A. W.
- 31-35 Sustaining rice-wheat system productivity in the Indo-Gangetic plains: water management-related issues
by Abrol, I. P.
- 37-44 Opportunities and constraints to improving irrigation water management: Foci for research
by Burton, M. A. & Kivumbi, D. & El-Askari, K.
- 45-50 The IWMI water resources paradigm - definitions and implications
by Perry, C. J.
- 51-57 Application of belief networks to water management studies
by Batchelor, Charles & Cain, Jeremy
- 59-64 Developing procedures for the sustainable use of mangrove systems
by Franks, Tom & Falconer, Roger
- 65-70 Computer optimisation for better water allocation
by Wardlaw, Robin
- 71-75 Productive efficiency and allocative efficiency: why better water management may not solve the problem
by Allan, Tony
- 77-82 Economic instruments for improving water use efficiency: theory and practice
by Grimble, R. J.
- 83-87 Water users organisations
by Stacey, David
- 89-93 Irrigated agriculture - adding value through technology and management reform
by Lee, Peter S.
- 95-99 Limitations of water-control technology
by Gowing, John
- 101-105 The failure of adjustable irrigation technology, the options for change and the consequences for research
by Horst, Lucas