Agricultural Water Management
2012, Volume 109, Issue C
- 94-106 Effects of land use changes on the groundwater table and the decline of Pinus sylvestris var. mongolica plantations in southern Horqin Sandy Land, Northeast China
by Zheng, X. & Zhu, J.J. & Yan, Q.L. & Song, L.N.
- 107-116 Evaluation of environmental policies targeting irrigated agriculture: The case of the Mooki catchment, Australia
by Lee, Lisa Y. & Ancev, Tihomir & Vervoort, Willem
- 117-126 Effects of different water levels on cotton growth and water use through drip irrigation in an arid region with saline ground water of Northwest China
by Kang, Yaohu & Wang, Ruoshui & Wan, Shuqin & Hu, Wei & Jiang, Shufang & Liu, Shiping
- 127-134 Germination and growth of Puccinellia tenuiflora in saline-sodic soil under drip irrigation
by Liu, Shuhui & Kang, Yaohu & Wan, Shuqin & Wang, Zhichun & Liang, Zhengwei & Jiang, Shufang & Wang, Ruoshui
- 135-143 Modeling the sensitivity of agricultural water use to price variability and climate change—An application to Swiss maize production
by Finger, Robert
- 144-154 Assessing soil salinity hazard in cultivated areas using MODFLOW model and GIS tools: A case study from the Jezre’el Valley, Israel
by Mirlas, V.
- 155-161 The effect of different irrigation water levels on yield and quality characteristics of purple basil (Ocimum basilicum L.)
by Ekren, Sıdıka & Sönmez, Çiğdem & Özçakal, Emrah & Kurttaş, Yasemin S. Kukul & Bayram, Emine & Gürgülü, Hatice
- 162-169 Effects of regulated deficit irrigation and mulch on yield, water use and crop water productivity of onion in Samaru, Nigeria
by Igbadun, Henry E. & Ramalan, A.A. & Oiganji, Ezekiel
2012, Volume 108, Issue C
- 3-8 Water regulation, crop production, and agricultural water management—Understanding farmer perspectives on irrigation efficiency
by Knox, J.W. & Kay, M.G. & Weatherhead, E.K.
- 9-15 Efficiency and productivity terms for water management: A matter of contextual relativism versus general absolutism
by van Halsema, Gerardo E. & Vincent, Linden
- 16-26 The danger of naturalizing water policy concepts: Water productivity and efficiency discourses from field irrigation to virtual water trade
by Boelens, Rutgerd & Vos, Jeroen
- 27-38 Fictions, fractions, factorials and fractures; on the framing of irrigation efficiency
by Lankford, Bruce
- 39-51 Improved indicators of water use performance and productivity for sustainable water conservation and saving
by Pereira, Luis S. & Cordery, Ian & Iacovides, Iacovos
- 52-60 Reducing carbon emissions through improved irrigation and groundwater management: A case study from Iran
by Karimi, Poolad & Qureshi, Asad Sarwar & Bahramloo, Reza & Molden, David
- 61-72 A water accounting procedure to determine the water savings potential of the Fergana Valley
by Karimov, A. & Molden, D. & Khamzina, T. & Platonov, A. & Ivanov, Yu.
- 73-82 Predicting farmer responses to water pricing, rationing and subsidies assuming profit maximizing investment in irrigation technology
by Medellín-Azuara, J. & Howitt, R.E. & Harou, J.J.
- 83-95 Lost in translation? Water efficiency in Spanish agriculture
by Lopez-Gunn, E. & Zorrilla, P. & Prieto, F. & Llamas, M.R.
2012, Volume 107, Issue C
- 1-13 Balancing watershed and local scale impacts of rain water harvesting in India—A review
by Glendenning, C.J. & van Ogtrop, F.F. & Mishra, A.K. & Vervoort, R.W.
- 14-22 Modeling for conjunctive use irrigation planning in sodic groundwater areas
by Kaledhonkar, M.J. & Sharma, D.R. & Tyagi, N.K. & Kumar, Ashwani & Van Der Zee, S.E.A.T.M.
- 23-33 Development and application of a distributed modeling approach to assess the watershed-scale impact of drainage water management
by Ale, S. & Bowling, L.C. & Owens, P.R. & Brouder, S.M. & Frankenberger, J.R.
- 34-41 Analysis of single-ring infiltrometer data for soil hydraulic properties estimation: Comparison of BEST and Wu methods
by Xu, X. & Lewis, C. & Liu, W. & Albertson, J.D. & Kiely, G.
- 42-53 Simulation of maize crop behavior under deficit irrigation using MOPECO model in a semi-arid environment
by Domínguez, A. & Martínez, R.S. & de Juan, J.A. & Martínez-Romero, A. & Tarjuelo, J.M.
- 54-65 Predicting soil water and mineral nitrogen contents with the STICS model for estimating nitrate leaching under agricultural fields
by Jégo, G. & Sánchez-Pérez, J.M. & Justes, E.
- 66-73 Apparent steady state conditions in high resolution weighing-drainage lysimeters containing date palms grown under different salinities
by Tripler, Effi & Shani, Uri & Ben-Gal, Alon & Mualem, Yechezkel
- 74-85 Optimization of the irrigation water resources for agricultural sustainability in Tarim River Basin, China
by Huang, Y. & Li, Y.P. & Chen, X. & Ma, Y.G.
- 86-93 Evapotranspiration and crop coefficient for sprinkler-irrigated cotton crop in Apodi Plateau semiarid lands of Brazil
by Bezerra, Bergson G. & da Silva, Bernardo B. & Bezerra, José R.C. & Sofiatti, Valdinei & dos Santos, Carlos A.C.
- 94-103 Water and land productivities of wheat and food legumes with deficit supplemental irrigation in a Mediterranean environment
by Karrou, M. & Oweis, T.
- 104-111 Estimating irrigation water use for maize in the Southeastern USA: A modeling approach
by Salazar, M.R. & Hook, J.E. & Garcia y Garcia, A. & Paz, J.O. & Chaves, B. & Hoogenboom, G.
- 112-121 Optimal design of center pivot systems with water supplied from wells
by Moreno, M.A. & Medina, D. & Ortega, J.F. & Tarjuelo, J.M.
- 122-132 A crop water stress index and time threshold for automatic irrigation scheduling of grain sorghum
by O'Shaughnessy, Susan A. & Evett, Steven R. & Colaizzi, Paul D. & Howell, Terry A.
- 133-144 Irrigation and nitrogen effects on the leaf chlorophyll content and grain yield of maize in different crop years
by Széles, Adrienn Ványiné & Megyes, Attila & Nagy, János
2012, Volume 106, Issue C
- 3-7 Pagsanjan-Lumban catchment, Philippines: Summary of biophysical characteristics of the catchment, background to site selection and instrumentation
by Cruz, R.V.O. & Pillas, M. & Castillo, H.C. & Hernandez, E.C.
- 8-16 Effects of changing land use in the Pagsanjan–Lumban catchment on suspended sediment loads to Laguna de Bay, Philippines
by Hernandez, E.C. & Henderson, A. & Oliver, D.P.
- 17-26 Nutrient and sediment concentrations in the Pagsanjan–Lumban catchment of Laguna de Bay, Philippines
by Sanchez, P.B. & Oliver, D.P. & Castillo, H.C. & Kookana, R.S.
- 27-34 Pesticide usage by farmers in Pagsanjan-Lumban catchment of Laguna de Bay, Philippines
by Fabro, Larry & Varca, Leonila M.
- 35-41 Pesticide residues in surface waters of Pagsanjan-Lumban catchment of Laguna de Bay, Philippines
by Varca, Leonila M.
- 42-49 Toxicological assessment of pesticides used in the Pagsanjan-Lumban catchment to selected non-target aquatic organisms in Laguna Lake, Philippines
by Bajet, C.M. & Kumar, A. & Calingacion, M.N. & Narvacan, T.C.
- 50-59 Off-site transport of nutrients and sediment from three main land-uses in the Mt Lofty Ranges, South Australia
by Cox, James W. & Oliver, Danielle P. & Fleming, Nigel K. & Anderson, Jenny S.
- 60-69 Off-site transport of pesticides from two horticultural land uses in the Mt. Lofty Ranges, South Australia
by Oliver, Danielle P. & Kookana, Rai S. & Anderson, Jenny S. & Cox, Jim W. & Fleming, Nigel & Waller, Natasha & Smith, Lester
- 70-77 The off-site transport of pesticide loads from two land uses in relation to hydrological events in the Mt. Lofty Ranges, South Australia
by Oliver, Danielle P. & Kookana, Rai S. & Anderson, Jenny S. & Cox, Jim & Waller, Natasha & Smith, Lester
- 78-85 Off-site transport of pesticides in dissolved and particulate forms from two land uses in the Mt. Lofty Ranges, South Australia
by Oliver, Danielle P. & Kookana, Rai. S. & Anderson, Jenny S. & Cox, James W. & Waller, Natasha & Smith, Lester H.
2012, Volume 105, Issue C
- 1-7 Evapotranspiration potential of forages irrigated with saline-sodic drainage water
by Benes, S.E. & Adhikari, D.D. & Grattan, S.R. & Snyder, R.L.
- 8-12 Water consumption characteristics of winter wheat grown using different planting patterns and deficit irrigation regime
by Quanqi, Li & Xunbo, Zhou & Yuhai, Chen & Songlie, Yu
- 13-20 An artificial capillary barrier to improve root-zone conditions for horticultural crops: Response of pepper plants to matric head and irrigation water salinity
by Ityel, Eviatar & Lazarovitch, Naftali & Silberbush, Moshe & Ben-Gal, Alon
- 21-31 Assessing the ecosystem services supplied by freshwater flows in Mediterranean agroecosystems
by Willaarts, Bárbara A. & Volk, Martin & Aguilera, Pedro A.
- 32-37 Determination of evaporation, transpiration and deep percolation of summer corn and winter wheat after irrigation
by Wang, Peng & Song, Xianfang & Han, Dongmei & Zhang, Yinhua & Zhang, Bing
- 38-47 Influence of artificially restricted rooting depth on soybean yield and seed quality
by Singh, Shardendu K. & Hoyos-Villegas, Valerio & Houx, James H. & Fritschi, Felix B.
- 48-56 Jatropha curcas seedlings show a water conservation strategy under drought conditions based on decreasing leaf growth and stomatal conductance
by Díaz-López, L. & Gimeno, V. & Simón, I. & Martínez, V. & Rodríguez-Ortega, W.M. & García-Sánchez, F.
- 57-64 A strategic plan for reuse of treated municipal wastewater for crop irrigation on the Island of Crete
by Agrafioti, Evita & Diamadopoulos, Evan
2012, Volume 104, Issue C
- 1-9 Soil water sensing for water balance, ET and WUE
by Evett, Steven R. & Schwartz, Robert C. & Casanova, Joaquin J. & Heng, Lee K.
- 10-20 Cost-effective policies for improving water quality by reducing nitrate emissions from diverse dairy farms: An abatement–cost perspective
by Doole, Graeme J.
- 21-31 Proportional water sharing vs. seniority-based allocation in the Bow River basin of Southern Alberta
by He, Lixia & Horbulyk, Theodore M. & Ali, Md. Kamar & Le Roy, Danny G. & Klein, K.K.
- 32-39 Crop and water productivity of bed transplanted rice as influenced by various levels of nitrogen and irrigation in northwest India
by Sandhu, S.S. & Mahal, S.S. & Vashist, K.K. & G.S.Buttar, & Brar, A.S. & Singh, Maninder
- 40-50 Nitrogen loading to offsite waters from liquid swine manure application under different drainage and tillage practices
by Ball Coelho, B. & Lapen, D. & Murray, R. & Topp, E. & Bruin, A. & Khan, B.
- 51-61 Phosphorus and sediment loading to surface waters from liquid swine manure application under different drainage and tillage practices
by Ball Coelho, B. & Murray, R. & Lapen, D. & Topp, E. & Bruin, A.
- 62-67 Soil water content criteria for peach trees water stress detection during the postharvest period
by Abrisqueta, I. & Vera, J. & Tapia, L.M. & Abrisqueta, J.M. & Ruiz-Sánchez, M.C.
- 68-78 Plastic film mulch for half growing-season maximized WUE and yield of potato via moisture-temperature improvement in a semi-arid agroecosystem
by Zhao, Hong & Xiong, You-Cai & Li, Feng-Min & Wang, Run-Yuan & Qiang, Sheng-Cai & Yao, Tao-Feng & Mo, Fei
- 79-88 Effects of drip irrigation regimes and basin irrigation on Nagpur mandarin agronomical and physiological performance
by Panigrahi, P. & Srivastava, A.K. & Huchche, A.D.
- 89-94 Effects of partial root-zone irrigation on physiology, fruit yield and quality and water use efficiency of tomato under different calcium levels
by Yang, Lijuan & Qu, Hui & Zhang, Yulong & Li, Fusheng
- 95-103 Response of ‘Hass’ avocado trees to irrigation management and root constraint
by Silber, A. & Israeli, Y. & Levi, M. & Keinan, A. & Shapira, O. & Chudi, G. & Golan, A. & Noy, M. & Levkovitch, I. & Assouline, S.
- 104-112 Soil hydrophysical properties resulting from the interaction between organic amendments and water quality in soils from Southeastern Spain—A laboratory experiment
by Fernández-Gálvez, J. & Gálvez, A. & Peña, A. & Mingorance, M.D.
- 113-120 Comparison of soil and water assessment tool (SWAT) and multilayer perceptron (MLP) artificial neural network for predicting sediment yield in the Nagwa agricultural watershed in Jharkhand, India
by Singh, A. & Imtiyaz, M. & Isaac, R.K. & Denis, D.M.
- 121-127 Marginal analysis of water productivity function of tomato crop grown under different irrigation regimes and mulch managements
by Mukherjee, A. & Sarkar, S. & Chakraborty, P.K.
- 128-141 A new distributed rainfall-runoff (DR2) model based on soil saturation and runoff cumulative processes
by López-Vicente, M. & Navas, A.
- 142-152 Optimizing parameters of salinity stress reduction function using the relationship between root-water-uptake and root nitrogen mass of winter wheat
by Wang, Lichun & Shi, Jianchu & Zuo, Qiang & Zheng, Wenjuan & Zhu, Xiangming
- 153-162 Evapotranspiration estimation of crops protected by windbreak in a Mediterranean region
by Campi, P. & Palumbo, A.D. & Mastrorilli, M.
- 163-170 Treated municipal wastewater reuse in vegetable production
by Cirelli, G.L. & Consoli, S. & Licciardello, F. & Aiello, R. & Giuffrida, F. & Leonardi, C.
- 171-183 Agricultural pollutant removal by constructed wetlands: Implications for water management and design
by Díaz, Francisco J. & O′Geen, Anthony T. & Dahlgren, Randy A.
- 184-192 Ammonia volatilization losses from a rice paddy with different irrigation and nitrogen managements
by Xu, Junzeng & Peng, Shizhang & Yang, Shihong & Wang, Weiguang
- 193-202 Trunk sap flow characteristics during two growth stages of apple tree and its relationships with affecting factors in an arid region of northwest China
by Liu, Chunwei & Du, Taisheng & Li, Fusheng & Kang, Shaozhong & Li, Sien & Tong, Ling
- 203-209 Effective use of water by wheat varieties with different root system sizes in rain-fed experiments in Central Europe
by Středa, Tomáš & Dostál, Vítězslav & Horáková, Vladimíra & Chloupek, Oldřich
- 210-220 Drip irrigation of waxy corn (Zea mays L. var. ceratina Kulesh) for production in highly saline conditions
by Wan, Shuqin & Jiao, Yanping & Kang, Yaohu & Hu, Wei & Jiang, Shufang & Tan, Junli & Liu, Wei
- 221-234 Evaluation of the impact of surface residue cover on single and dual crop coefficient for estimating soybean actual evapotranspiration
by Odhiambo, L.O. & Irmak, S.
- 235-243 Assessing nutrient losses of reclaimed wastewater irrigation in paddy fields for sustainable agriculture
by Jang, T.I. & Kim, H.K. & Seong, C.H. & Lee, E.J. & Park, S.W.
2011, Volume 102, Issue 1
- 1-7 Components of the water balance in soil with sugarcane crops
by Ghiberto, P.J. & Libardi, P.L. & Brito, A.S. & Trivelin, P.C.O.
- 8-12 Delineating water management zones in a paddy rice field using a Floating Soil Sensing System
by Islam, Mohammad Monirul & Saey, Timothy & Meerschman, Eef & De Smedt, Philippe & Meeuws, Fun & Van De Vijver, Ellen & Van Meirvenne, Marc
- 13-24 The effects of pressure, nozzle diameter and meteorological conditions on the performance of agricultural impact sprinklers
by Sanchez, I. & Faci, J.M. & Zapata, N.
- 25-34 Estimating soil moisture storage change using quasi-terrestrial water balance method
by Moiwo, Juana Paul & Tao, Fulu & Lu, Wenxi
- 35-45 Long-term water balances in La Violada irrigation district (Spain): I. Sequential assessment and minimization of closing errors
by Barros, R. & Isidoro, D. & Aragüés, R.
- 46-53 Validation of a methodology for grouping intakes of pressurized irrigation networks into sectors to minimize energy consumption
by Jiménez-Bello, Miguel Ángel & Alzamora, Fernando Martínez & Castel, Juan Ramón & Intrigliolo, Diego S.
- 54-65 Seasonal and land use impacts on the nitrate budget and export of a mesoscale catchment in Southern Portugal
by Yevenes, Mariela A. & Mannaerts, Chris M.
- 66-73 Estimating spatial mean soil water contents of sloping jujube orchards using temporal stability
by Gao, Xiaodong & Wu, Pute & Zhao, Xining & Shi, Yinguang & Wang, Jiawen
- 74-85 Effects of tillage and fallow period management on soil physical behaviour and maize development
by Alletto, Lionel & Coquet, Yves & Justes, Eric
- 86-96 Farmers’ scheduling patterns in on-demand pressurized irrigation
by Salvador, R. & Latorre, B. & Paniagua, P. & Playán, E.
- 97-104 Implementing irrigation: Water balances and irrigation quality in the Lerma basin (Spain)
by Abrahao, R. & Causapé, J. & García-Garizábal, I. & Merchán, D.
- 105-112 Implementing irrigation: Salt and nitrate exported from the Lerma basin (Spain)
by Abrahao, R. & Causapé, J. & García-Garizábal, I. & Merchán, D.
2011, Volume 101, Issue 1
- 1-7 Impact of soil moisture depletions, planting geometry and soil texture on bio economic efficiency of autumn sugarcane under arid conditions
by Sagoo, Abdul Gaffar & Aslam, Muhammad & Khan, Ejaz Ahmed & Awan, Inayat Ullah & Khan, Muhammad Ayaz & Hussain, Amir & Bakhsh, Imam
- 8-26 Hydrological impact of biofuel production: A case study of the Khlong Phlo Watershed in Thailand
by Babel, M.S. & Shrestha, B. & Perret, S.R.
- 27-34 Polyacrylamide coated Milorganite™ and gypsum for controlling sediment and phosphorus loads
by Mailapalli, Damodhara R. & Thompson, Anita M.
- 35-41 Tuber yield, water and fertilizer productivity in early potato as affected by a combination of irrigation and fertilization
by Ierna, Anita & Pandino, Gaetano & Lombardo, Sara & Mauromicale, Giovanni
- 42-51 Optimizing competitive uses of water for irrigation and fisheries
by Tran, Lap Doc & Schilizzi, Steven & Chalak, Morteza & Kingwell, Ross
- 52-61 The dynamics of groundwater table and salinity over 17 years in Khorezm
by Ibrakhimov, Mirzakhayot & Martius, Christopher & Lamers, J.P.A. & Tischbein, Bernhard
- 62-70 Over-canopy saline sprinkler irrigation of grapevines during different growth stages
by Stevens, Rob M. & Harvey, Gordon & Norton, Scott & Frahn, William
- 71-80 Effects of fixed partial root-zone drying irrigation and soil texture on water and solute dynamics in calcareous soils and corn yield
by Lekakis, E.H. & Georgiou, P.E. & Pavlatou-Ve, A. & Antonopoulos, V.Z.
- 81-87 Detection of pesticides used in rice cultivation in streams on the island of Leyte in the Philippines
by Elfman, Lena & Tooke, Nigel E. & Patring, Johan D.M.
- 88-92 Effects of gravel–sand mulch, plastic mulch and ridge and furrow rainfall harvesting system combinations on water use efficiency, soil temperature and watermelon yield in a semi-arid Loess Plateau of northwestern China
by Wang, Yajun & Xie, Zhongkui & Malhi, Sukhdev S. & Vera, Cecil L. & Zhang, Yubao & Guo, Zhihong
- 93-106 Performance evaluation and calibration of soil water content and potential sensors for agricultural soils in eastern Colorado
by Varble, J.L. & Chávez, J.L.
- 107-117 Evaluation of the VegSyst model with muskmelon to simulate crop growth, nitrogen uptake and evapotranspiration
by Gallardo, M. & Giménez, C. & Martínez-Gaitán, C. & Stöckle, C.O. & Thompson, R.B. & Granados, M.R.
2011, Volume 100, Issue 1
- 1-8 Validation and testing of the AquaCrop model under full and deficit irrigated wheat production in Iran
by Andarzian, B. & Bannayan, M. & Steduto, P. & Mazraeh, H. & Barati, M.E. & Barati, M.A. & Rahnama, A.
- 9-17 Salinity dynamics of wetland ditches receiving drainage from irrigated agricultural land in arid and semi-arid regions
by Jia, Z. & Luo, W. & Xie, J. & Pan, Y. & Chen, Y. & Tang, S. & Liu, W.
- 18-24 Fresh tomato production for the Sydney market: An evaluation of options to reduce freshwater scarcity from agricultural water use
by Page, Girija & Ridoutt, Brad & Bellotti, Bill
- 25-35 Online-monitoring of tree water stress in a hedgerow olive orchard using the leaf patch clamp pressure probe
by Fernández, J.E. & Rodriguez-Dominguez, C.M. & Perez-Martin, A. & Zimmermann, U. & Rüger, S. & Martín-Palomo, M.J. & Torres-Ruiz, J.M. & Cuevas, M.V. & Sann, C. & Ehrenberger, W. & Diaz-Espejo, A.
- 36-45 Impact of upstream changes in rain-fed agriculture on downstream flow in a semi-arid basin
by Masih, I. & Maskey, S. & Uhlenbrook, S. & Smakhtin, V.
- 46-57 Impact of soil water stress on Nigellone oil content of black cumin seeds grown in calcareous-gypsifereous soils
by Al-Kayssi, A.W. & Shihab, R.M. & Mustafa, S.H.
- 58-69 Salt distribution and the growth of cotton under different drip irrigation regimes in a saline area
by Wang, Ruoshui & Kang, Yaohu & Wan, Shuqin & Hu, Wei & Liu, Shiping & Liu, Shuhui
- 70-75 Effects of a suspended shade cloth cover on water quality of an agricultural reservoir for irrigation
by Maestre-Valero, J.F. & Martínez-Alvarez, V. & Gallego-Elvira, B. & Pittaway, P.
- 76-83 Water availability determines hydrological impact of tree belts in dryland cropping systems
by Brooksbank, K. & Veneklaas, E.J. & White, D.A. & Carter, J.L.
2011, Volume 99, Issue 1
- 1-7 Ameliorating water repellency under turfgrass of contrasting soil organic matter content: Effect of wetting agent formulation and application frequency
by Barton, L. & Colmer, T.D.
- 8-18 Skin layer evaporation to account for small precipitation events—An enhancement to the FAO-56 evaporation model
by Allen, Richard G.
- 19-25 Effects of nutrition systems and irrigation programs on tomato in soilless culture
by Meric, M.K. & Tuzel, I.H. & Tuzel, Y. & Oztekin, G.B.
- 26-32 Temporal stability of soil moisture in irrigated carrot crops in Northeast Brazil
by de Souza, Edivan Rodrigues & Montenegro, Abelardo Antônio de Assunção & Montenegro, Suzana Maria Gico & de Matos, José de Arimatea
- 33-41 Soil salinity and sodicity effects of wastewater irrigation in South East Australia
by Muyen, Zahida & Moore, Graham A. & Wrigley, Roger J.
- 42-50 Time-variable soil hydraulic properties in near-surface soil water simulations for different tillage methods
by Schwen, Andreas & Bodner, Gernot & Loiskandl, Willibald
- 51-57 Logistic model application for prediction of maize yield under water and nitrogen management
by Sepaskhah, Ali Reza & Fahandezh-Saadi, Saghar & Zand-Parsa, Shahrokh
- 58-66 Sensitivity of root pruned ‘Conference’ pear to water deficit in a temperate climate
by Janssens, Pieter & Deckers, Tom & Elsen, Frank & Elsen, Annemie & Schoofs, Hilde & Verjans, Wim & Vandendriessche, Hilde
- 67-73 The economics of low pressure drip irrigation and hand watering for vegetable production in the Sahel
by Woltering, Lennart & Ibrahim, Ali & Pasternak, Dov & Ndjeunga, Jupiter
- 74-84 Observations on soil and groundwater contamination with nitrate: A case study from Lebanon-East Mediterranean
by Darwish, T. & Atallah, T. & Francis, R. & Saab, C. & Jomaa, I. & Shaaban, A. & Sakka, H. & Zdruli, P.
- 85-92 Optimized denitrification bioreactor treatment through simulated drainage containment
by Christianson, Laura E. & Hanly, James A. & Hedley, Mike J.
- 93-102 Quantifying the effect of Managed Aquifer Recharge on the microbiological human health risks of irrigating crops with recycled water
by Ayuso-Gabella, Neus & Page, Declan & Masciopinto, Costantino & Aharoni, Avi & Salgot, Miquel & Wintgens, Thomas
- 103-110 Grain yield and water use efficiency of two types of winter wheat cultivars under different water regimes
by Dong, Baodi & Shi, Lei & Shi, Changhai & Qiao, Yunzhou & Liu, Mengyu & Zhang, Zhengbin
- 111-120 Response of hot pepper (Capsicum annuum L.) to mulching practices under planted greenhouse condition
by Liang, Yin-Li & Wu, Xing & Zhu, Juan-Juan & Zhou, Mao-Juan & Peng, Qiang
- 121-127 Seasonal changes of maximum daily shrinkage reference equations for irrigation scheduling in olive trees: Influence of fruit load
by Moriana, A. & Moreno, F. & Girón, I.F. & Conejero, W. & Ortuño, M.F. & Morales, D. & Corell, M. & Torrecillas, A.
- 128-134 Long-term growth, water consumption and yield of date palm as a function of salinity
by Tripler, Effi & Shani, Uri & Mualem, Yechezkel & Ben-Gal, Alon
October 2011, Volume 98, Issue 12
- 1776-1781 Early sowing and irrigation to increase barley yields and water use efficiency in Mediterranean conditions
by Yau, Sui-Kwong & Nimah, Musa & Farran, Mohamad
- 1782-1788 Impact of modified tillage on runoff and nutrient loads from potato fields in Prince Edward Island
by Gordon, R.J. & VanderZaag, A.C. & Dekker, P.A. & De Haan, R. & Madani, A.
- 1789-1798 Response of root morphology and distribution in maize to alternate furrow irrigation
by Li, Caixia & Sun, Jingsheng & Li, Fusheng & Zhou, Xinguo & Li, Zhongyang & Qiang, Xiaoman & Guo, Dongdong
- 1799-1807 Rice growth, yield and water productivity responses to irrigation scheduling prior to the delayed application of continuous flooding in south-east Australia
by Dunn, B.W. & Gaydon, D.S.
- 1808-1812 Does silicon and irrigation have impact on drought tolerance mechanism of sorghum?
by Ahmed, Mukhtar & Fayyaz-ul-Hassen & Khurshid, Yasir
- 1813-1821 Use of maximum trunk diameter measurements to detect water stress in mature 'Arbequina' olive trees under deficit irrigation
by Fernández, J.E. & Torres-Ruiz, J.M. & Diaz-Espejo, A. & Montero, A. & Álvarez, R. & Jiménez, M.D. & Cuerva, J. & Cuevas, M.V.
- 1822-1827 Hydro-physical responses of gypseous and non-gypseous soils to livestock grazing in a semi-arid region of NE Spain
by Moret-Fernández, D. & Pueyo, Y. & Bueno, C.G. & Alados, C.L.
- 1828-1833 Reclaimed wastewater: Effects on citrus nutrition
by Pereira, B.F.F. & He, Z.L. & Stoffella, P.J. & Melfi, A.J.
- 1834-1839 Changes in water retention properties due to the application of sugar foam in red soils
by Pérez-de-los-Reyes, C. & Amorós Ortíz-Villajos, J.A. & García Navarro, F.J. & Bravo Martín-Consuegra, S. & Sánchez Jiménez, C. & Chocano Eteson, D. & Jiménez-Ballesta, R.
- 1840-1846 Accounting for water use: Terminology and implications for saving water and increasing production
by Perry, Chris
- 1847-1855 The effect of rice straw mulch on evapotranspiration, transpiration and soil evaporation of irrigated wheat in Punjab, India
by Balwinder-Singh & Eberbach, P.L. & Humphreys, E. & Kukal, S.S.
- 1856-1866 Relationship between carbon isotope discrimination ([Delta]), yield and water use efficiency of durum wheat in Northern Syria
by Wahbi, A. & Shaaban, A.S.A.
September 2011, Volume 98, Issue 11
- 1683-1686 Smallholder system innovation for integrated watershed management in Sub-Saharan Africa
by Bossio, Deborah & Jewitt, Graham & van der Zaag, Pieter
- 1687-1695 Yield and soil system changes from conservation tillage in dryland farming: A case study from North Eastern Tanzania
by Enfors, Elin & Barron, Jennie & Makurira, Hodson & Rockström, Johan & Tumbo, Siza
- 1696-1703 The effect of system innovations on water productivity in subsistence rainfed agricultural systems in semi-arid Tanzania
by Makurira, H. & Savenije, H.H.G. & Uhlenbrook, S. & Rockström, J. & Senzanje, A.
- 1704-1710 Rainfall simulation to identify the storm-scale mechanisms of gully bank retreat
by Chaplot, Vincent & Brown, Jacqueline & Dlamini, Phesheya & Eustice, Tarryn & Janeau, Jean-Louis & Jewitt, Graham & Lorentz, Simon & Martin, Lauren & Nontokozo-Mchunu, Charmaine & Oakes, Ernest & Podwojewski, Pascal & Revil, Sylvain & Rumpel, Cornelia & Zondi, Nhlakanipho
- 1711-1718 Controlling factors of sheet erosion under degraded grasslands in the sloping lands of KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa
by Dlamini, P. & Orchard, C. & Jewitt, G. & Lorentz, S. & Titshall, L. & Chaplot, V.
- 1719-1726 Water allocation and management in an emerging spate irrigation system in Makanya catchment, Tanzania
by Komakech, Hans Charles & Mul, Marloes L. & van der Zaag, Pieter & Rwehumbiza, Filbert B.R.
- 1727-1739 Evaporative water use of different land uses in the upper-Thukela river basin assessed from satellite imagery
by Kongo, M.V. & Jewitt, G.W.P. & Lorentz, S.A.
- 1740-1751 Pangani River Basin over time and space: On the interface of local and basin level responses
by Komakech, Hans & van Koppen, Barbara & Mahoo, Henry & van der Zaag, Pieter
- 1752-1760 Water allocation practices among smallholder farmers in the South Pare Mountains, Tanzania: The issue of scale
by Mul, M.L. & Kemerink, J.S. & Vyagusa, N.F. & Mshana, M.G. & van der Zaag, P. & Makurira, H.
- 1761-1773 An empirical framework for scaling-out of water system innovations: Lessons from diffusion of water system innovations in the Makanya catchment in Northern Tanzania
by Tumbo, S.D. & Mutabazi, K.D. & Byakugila, M.M. & Mahoo, H.F.M.
August 2011, Volume 98, Issue 10
- 1485-1496 A partial root zone drying irrigation strategy for citrus--Effects on water use efficiency and fruit characteristics
by Hutton, R.J. & Loveys, B.R.
- 1497-1504 Development and validation of an automatic thermal imaging process for assessing plant water status
by Jiménez-Bello, M.A. & Ballester, C. & Castel, J.R. & Intrigliolo, D.S.
- 1505-1515 Environmental quality of Lower Little Bow River and riparian zone along an unfenced reach with off-stream watering
by Miller, J. & Chanasyk, D. & Curtis, T. & Entz, T. & Willms, W.
- 1516-1522 Basin irrigation design with longitudinal slope
by González, César & Cervera, Luis & Moret-Fernández, David
- 1523-1535 Using radiation thermography and thermometry to evaluate crop water stress in soybean and cotton
by O'Shaughnessy, S.A. & Evett, S.R. & Colaizzi, P.D. & Howell, T.A.
- 1536-1544 Flow through sharp-crested rectangular side orifices under free flow condition in open channels
by Hussain, A. & Ahmad, Z. & Asawa, G.L.
- 1545-1556 Assessing multi-criteria approaches with environmental, economic and social attributes, weights and procedures: A case study in the Pampas, Argentina
by Cisneros, J.M. & Grau, J.B. & Antón, J.M. & de Prada, J.D. & Cantero, A. & Degioanni, A.J.
- 1557-1568 Short-term watering-distance and symmetry effects on root and shoot growth of bell pepper plantlets
by Meiri, Avraham & Naftaliev, Boris & Shmuel, David & Yechezkel, Hana & Communar, Gregory & Friedman, Shmulik P.
- 1569-1576 Long-term water balances in La Violada Irrigation District (Spain): II. Analysis of irrigation performance
by Barros, R. & Isidoro, D. & Aragüés, R.
- 1577-1588 A robust modeling approach for regional water management under multiple uncertainties
by Li, Y.P. & Huang, G.H. & Nie, S.L. & Chen, X.
- 1589-1594 Nutrient effects on diurnal variation and magnitude of hydraulic lift in winter wheat
by Shen, Yufang & Zhang, Yang & Li, Shiqing
- 1595-1606 Radial interval chance-constrained programming for agricultural non-point source water pollution control under uncertainty
by Tan, Q. & Huang, G.H. & Cai, Y.P.
- 1607-1614 Forage quality, water use and nitrogen utilization efficiencies of pearl millet (Pennisetum americanum L.) grown under different soil moisture and nitrogen levels
by Rostamza, Mina & Chaichi, Mohammad-Reza & Jahansouz, Mohammad-Reza & Alimadadi, Ahmad
- 1615-1621 Assessment of the FAO AquaCrop model in the simulation of rainfed and supplementally irrigated maize, sugar beet and sunflower
by Stricevic, Ruzica & Cosic, Marija & Djurovic, Nevenka & Pejic, Borivoj & Maksimovic, Livija
- 1622-1628 Cover crop effects on nitrogen load in tile drainage from Walnut Creek Iowa using root zone water quality (RZWQ) model
by Singer, J.W. & Malone, R.W. & Jaynes, D.B. & Ma, L.
- 1629-1640 Simulation of nitrate leaching under potato crops in a Mediterranean area. Influence of frost prevention irrigation on nitrogen transport
by Wallis, K.J. & Candela, L. & Mateos, R.M. & Tamoh, K.
- 1641-1648 Yield and seasonal water productivity of sunflower as affected by tillage and cropping systems under dryland conditions in the Limpopo Province of South Africa
by Mzezewa, J. & Gwata, E.T. & van Rensburg, L.D.
- 1649-1659 Water management options based on rainfall analysis for rainfed maize (Zea mays L.) production in Rushinga district, Zimbabwe
by Nyakudya, I.W. & Stroosnijder, L.
- 1660-1670 Impacts of climate variability on reference evapotranspiration over 58 years in the Haihe river basin of north China
by Tang, Bo & Tong, Ling & Kang, Shaozhong & Zhang, Lu
- 1671-1682 Assessment of groundwater risk using intrinsic vulnerability and hazard mapping: Application to Souassi aquifer, Tunisian Sahel
by Saidi, S. & Bouri, S. & Ben Dhia, H. & Anselme, B.
July 2011, Volume 98, Issue 9
- 1329-1338 Melon crops (Cucumis melo L., cv. Tendral) grown in a mediterranean environment under saline-sodic conditions: Part I. Yield and quality
by Tedeschi, A. & Lavini, A. & Riccardi, M. & Pulvento, C. & d'Andria, R.
- 1339-1348 Melon crops (Cucumis melo L., cv. Tendral) grown in a mediterranean environment under saline-sodic conditions: Part II. Growth analysis
by Tedeschi, A. & Riccardi, M. & Menenti, M.
- 1349-1363 Irrigation evaluation based on performance analysis and water accounting at the Bear River Irrigation Project (U.S.A.)
by Lecina, S. & Neale, C.M.U. & Merkley, G.P. & Dos Santos, C.A.C.
- 1364-1372 Integration of legume trees in maize-based cropping systems improves rain use efficiency and yield stability under rain-fed agriculture
by Sileshi, Gudeta W. & Akinnifesi, Festus K. & Ajayi, Oluyede C. & Muys, Bart
- 1373-1387 Extreme rainfall indices and its impact on rice productivity--A case study over sub-humid climatic environment
by Subash, N. & Singh, S.S. & Priya, Neha
- 1388-1394 Urban agriculture, using sustainable practices that involve the reuse of wastewater and solid waste
by Rojas-Valencia, M.N. & Velásquez, M.T. Orta de & Franco, Víctor
- 1395-1402 Irrigation water issues potentially related to the 2006 multistate E. coli O157:H7 outbreak associated with spinach
by Gelting, Richard J. & Baloch, Mansoor A. & Zarate-Bermudez, Max A. & Selman, Carol
- 1403-1408 Supplemental irrigation effect on canola yield components under semiarid climatic conditions
by Dogan, E. & Copur, O. & Kahraman, A. & Kirnak, H. & Guldur, M.E.
- 1409-1416 A fuzzy multicriteria benefit-cost approach for irrigation projects evaluation
by Anagnostopoulos, K.P. & Petalas, C.
- 1417-1430 Comparisons of energy balance and evapotranspiration between flooded and aerobic rice fields in the Philippines
by Alberto, Ma. Carmelita R. & Wassmann, Reiner & Hirano, Takashi & Miyata, Akira & Hatano, Ryusuke & Kumar, Arvind & Padre, Agnes & Amante, Modesto
- 1431-1440 Evaluation of fertigation scheduling for sugarcane using a vadose zone flow and transport model
by Ravikumar, V. & Vijayakumar, G. & Simunek, J. & Chellamuthu, S. & Santhi, R. & Appavu, K.
- 1441-1450 Nitrate fate in a Mexican Andosol: Is it affected by preferential flow?
by Prado, B. & Duwig, C. & Etchevers, J. & Gaudet, J.P. & Vauclin, M.
- 1451-1461 Deficit irrigation under water stress and salinity conditions: The MOPECO-Salt Model
by Domínguez, A. & Tarjuelo, J.M. & de Juan, J.A. & López-Mata, E. & Breidy, J. & Karam, F.
- 1462-1468 Usefulness of trunk diameter variations as continuous water stress indicators of pomegranate (Punica granatum) trees
by Intrigliolo, D.S. & Puerto, H. & Bonet, L. & Alarcón, J.J. & Nicolas, E. & Bartual, J.
- 1469-1476 Water and salt regulation and its effects on Leymus chinensis growth under drip irrigation in saline-sodic soils of the Songnen Plain
by Liu, Shuhui & Kang, Yaohu & Wan, Shuqin & Wang, Zhichun & Liang, Zhengwei & Sun, Xiaojing
- 1477-1484 Assessment of Iranian chickpea (Cicer arietinum L.) germplasms for drought tolerance
by Ganjeali, Ali & Porsa, Hassan & Bagheri, Abdolreza
May 2011, Volume 98, Issue 8
- 1189-1196 Antecedent water content effects on runoff and sediment yields from two Coastal Plain Ultisols
by Truman, C.C. & Potter, T.L. & Nuti, R.C. & Franklin, D.H. & Bosch, D.D.
- 1197-1206 Effect of irrigation method and quantity on squash yield and quality
by Amer, Kamal H.
- 1207-1214 Evapotranspiration components determined by sap flow and microlysimetry techniques of a vineyard in northwest China: Dynamics and influential factors
by Zhang, Yanqun & Kang, Shaozhong & Ward, Eric J. & Ding, Risheng & Zhang, Xin & Zheng, Rui
- 1215-1227 Review and quantitative assessment of ex situ household rainwater harvesting systems in Ethiopia
by Moges, Girma & Hengsdijk, H. & Jansen, H.C.
- 1228-1238 Determination of comprehensive quality index for tomato and its response to different irrigation treatments
by Wang, Feng & Kang, Shaozhong & Du, Taisheng & Li, Fusheng & Qiu, Rangjian
- 1239-1248 Evapotranspiration and water use of full and deficit irrigated cotton in the Mediterranean environment in northern Syria
by Oweis, T.Y. & Farahani, H.J. & Hachum, A.Y.
- 1249-1261 Development and evaluation of the SoilClim model for water balance and soil climate estimates
by Hlavinka, Petr & Trnka, Miroslav & Balek, Jan & Semerádová, Daniela & Hayes, Michael & Svoboda, Mark & Eitzinger, Josef & Mozný, Martin & Fischer, Milan & Hunt, Eric & Zalud, Zdenek
- 1262-1270 Sustainable recovery of soil desiccation in semi-humid region on the Loess Plateau
by Wang, X.C. & Muhammad, T.N. & Hao, M.D. & Li, J.
- 1271-1279 Effect of tile effluent on nutrient concentration and retention efficiency in agricultural drainage ditches
by Ahiablame, L.M. & Chaubey, I. & Smith, D.R. & Engel, B.A.
- 1280-1290 Effects of irrigation strategies and soils on field grown potatoes: Root distribution
by Ahmadi, Seyed Hamid & Plauborg, Finn & Andersen, Mathias N. & Sepaskhah, Ali Reza & Jensen, Christian R. & Hansen, Søren
- 1291-1296 Field evaluation of sand-ditch water harvesting technique in Jordan
by Abu-Zreig, Majed & Tamimi, Abdullah
- 1297-1306 Agricultural water productivity assessment for the Yellow River Basin
by Cai, Ximing & Yang, Yi-Chen E. & Ringler, Claudia & Zhao, Jianshi & You, Liangzhi
- 1307-1316 Yield and water use of eggplants (Solanum melongena L.) under full and deficit irrigation regimes
by Karam, F. & Saliba, R. & Skaf, S. & Breidy, J. & Rouphael, Y. & Balendonck, J.
- 1317-1328 Hyperspectral reflectance data processing through cluster and principal component analysis for estimating irrigation and yield related indicators
by Köksal, Eyüp Selim
May 2011, Volume 98, Issue 7
- 1113-1124 Potential impacts of water harvesting and ecological sanitation on crop yield, evaporation and river flow regimes in the Thukela River basin, South Africa
by Andersson, Jafet C.M. & Zehnder, Alexander J.B. & Rockström, Johan & Yang, Hong
- 1125-1132 Olive mill wastewater irrigation of maize: Impacts on soil and groundwater
by Moraetis, D. & Stamati, F.E. & Nikolaidis, N.P. & Kalogerakis, N.
- 1133-1140 Development of evapotranspiration and water supply of clay-loamy soil on the East Slovak Lowland
by Mati, Rastislav & Kotorová, Dana & Gombos, Milan & Kandra, Branislav
- 1141-1152 Performance assessment of small irrigation schemes along the Mauritanian banks of the Senegal River
by García-Bolaños, Mariana & Borgia, Cecilia & Poblador, Noemí & Dia, Mamadou & Seyid, Ould Mohamed Vadel & Mateos, Luciano
- 1153-1161 Comparison of drip and sprinkler irrigation strategies on sunflower seed and oil yield and quality under Mediterranean climatic conditions
by Sezen, S.M. & Yazar, A. & Kapur, B. & Tekin, S.