Industry Differences in the Persistence of Firm-Specific Returns
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Mark Rogers, 2002. "Firm Performance and Investment in R&D and Intellectual Property," Melbourne Institute Working Paper Series wp2002n15, Melbourne Institute of Applied Economic and Social Research, The University of Melbourne.
- Juan Carlos Bou & Albert Satorra, 2003. "The persistence of abnormal returns at industry and firm levels," Economics Working Papers 729, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra.
- Stefan Hirsch & Monika Hartmann, 2014. "Persistence of firm-level profitability in the European dairy processing industry," Agricultural Economics, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 45(S1), pages 53-63, November.
- Ajit Singh, 2006.
"Competition and Competition Policy in Emerging Markets: International and Developmental Dimensions,"
Chapters,in: Growth and Economic Development, chapter 12
Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Ajit SINGH, 2002. "Competition And Competition Policy In Emerging Markets: International And Developmental Dimensions," G-24 Discussion Papers 18, United Nations Conference on Trade and Development.
- Ajit Singh, 2002. "Competition and competition policy in emerging markets: international and developmental dimensions," Working Papers wp246, Centre for Business Research, University of Cambridge.
- Jan Schiefer & Stefan Hirsch & Monika Hartmann & Adelina Gschwandtner, 2013. "Industry, firm, year and country effects on profitability in EU food processing," Studies in Economics 1309, School of Economics, University of Kent.
- Singh, Ajit & Singh, Alaka & Weisse, Bruce, 2002.
"Corporate Governance, Competetion, The new International Financial Architecture and Large Corporations in Emerging Markets,"
24305, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Ajit Singh & Bruce Weisse & Alaka Singh, 2002. "Corporate governance, competition, the new international financial architecture and large corporations in emerging markets," Working Papers wp250, Centre for Business Research, University of Cambridge.
- Singh, Ajit & Singh, Alaka & Weisse, Bruce, 2002. "Corporate governance, competition, the new international financial architecture and large corporations in emerging markets," MPRA Paper 53665, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Yvonne J. Acheampong & James E. Epperson & Timothy A. Park & Lewell F. Gunter, 2004.
"Profitability adjustment patterns in international food and consumer products industries,"
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 20(1), pages 31-43.
- Acheampong, Yvonne J. & Epperson, James E. & Park, Timothy A. & Gunter, Lewell F., 2000. "Profitability Adjustment Patterns In International Food And Consumer Products Industries," Faculty Series 16676, University of Georgia, Department of Agricultural and Applied Economics.
- Ajit Singh & Ann Zammit, 2006.
"Corporate Governance, Crony Capitalism and Economic Crises: should the US business model replace the Asian way of "doing business"?,"
Corporate Governance: An International Review,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 14(4), pages 220-233, July.
- Ajit Singh & Ann Zammit, 2006. "Corporate Governance, Crony capitalism and Economic Crisis: Should the US Business Model replace the Asian Way of 'Doing Business'?," Working Papers wp329, Centre for Business Research, University of Cambridge.
- Canarella, Giorgio & Miller, Stephen M. & Nourayi, Mahmoud M., 2013.
"Firm profitability: Mean-reverting or random-walk behavior?,"
Journal of Economics and Business,
Elsevier, vol. 66(C), pages 76-97.
- Giorgio Canarella & Stephen M. Miller & Mahmoud M. Nourayi, 2012. "Firm Profitability: Mean-Reverting or Random-Walk Behavior?," Working papers 2012-05, University of Connecticut, Department of Economics, revised Oct 2012.
- Giorgio Canarella & Stephen M. Miller & Mahmoud M. Nourayi, 2012. "Firm Profitability: Mean-Reverting or Random-Walk Behavior?," Working Papers 1202, University of Nevada, Las Vegas , Department of Economics.
- Anandhi S. Bharadwaj & Sundar G. Bharadwaj & Benn R. Konsynski, 1999. "Information Technology Effects on Firm Performance as Measured by Tobin's q," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 45(7), pages 1008-1024, July.
- Stefan Hirsch & Adelina Gschwandtner, 2013.
"Profit persistence in the food industry: evidence from five European countries,"
European Review of Agricultural Economics,
Foundation for the European Review of Agricultural Economics, vol. 40(5), pages 741-759, December.
- Gschwandtner, Adelina & Hirsch, Stefan, 2011. "Profit Persistence in the Food Industry: Evidence from five European Countries," 2011 International Congress, August 30-September 2, 2011, Zurich, Switzerland 114534, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Francesco Castellaneta & Oliver Gottschalg, 2016. "Does ownership matter in private equity? The sources of variance in buyouts' performance," Strategic Management Journal, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 37(2), pages 330-348, February.
- Anita M. McGahan & Michael E. Porter, 2002. "What Do We Know About Variance in Accounting Profitability?," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 48(7), pages 834-851, July.
- Glen, Jack & Lee, Kevin & Singh, Ajit, 2001. "Persistence of profitability and competition in emerging markets," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 72(2), pages 247-253, August.
- Jack Glen & Kevin Lee & Ajit Singh, 2003.
"Corporate profitability and the dynamics of competition in emerging markets: a time series analysis,"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 113(491), pages 465-484, November.
- Jack Glen & Kevin Lee & Ajit Singh, 2002. "Corporate profitability and the dynamics of competition in emerging markets: a time series analysis," Working Papers wp248, Centre for Business Research, University of Cambridge.
- Goddard, John & Liu, Hong & Molyneux, Philip & Wilson, John O.S., 2011. "The persistence of bank profit," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 35(11), pages 2881-2890, November.
- Greenhalgh, Christine & Rogers, Mark, 2006.
"The value of innovation: The interaction of competition, R&D and IP,"
Elsevier, vol. 35(4), pages 562-580, May.
- Christine Greenhalgh & Mark Rogers, 2004. "The Value of Innovation: The Interaction of Competition, R&D and IP," Economics Series Working Papers 192, University of Oxford, Department of Economics.
- Fabio R. Chaddad & Mario P. Mondelli, 2013. "Sources of Firm Performance Differences in the US Food Economy," Journal of Agricultural Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 64(2), pages 382-404, June.
- Hui, Kai Wai & Nelson, Karen K. & Yeung, P. Eric, 2016. "On the persistence and pricing of industry-wide and firm-specific earnings, cash flows, and accruals," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 61(1), pages 185-202.
- Jan W. Rivkin, 2000. "Imitation of Complex Strategies," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 46(6), pages 824-844, June.
- Glen, Jack & Lee, Kevin & Singh, Ajit, 2000.
"Competition, corporate governance and financing of corporate growth in emerging markets,"
53625, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Glen, J. & Lee, K. & Singh. A., 2000. "Competition, Corporate Governance and Financing of corporate Growth in Emerging Markets," Accounting and Finance Discussion Papers 00-af46, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- Jack Glen & Kevin Lee & Ajit Singh, 2001. "Intensity of Competition in Emerging Markets and Advanced Economies: Evidence from the Persistence of Corporate rates of Return in Emerging Markets," Vierteljahrshefte zur Wirtschaftsforschung / Quarterly Journal of Economic Research, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research, vol. 70(2), pages 201-202.
- Villalonga, Belen, 2004. "Intangible resources, Tobin's q, and sustainability of performance differences," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 54(2), pages 205-230, June.
- Claessens, Stijn & Djankov, Simeon, 1999. "Enterprise performance and management turnover in the Czech Republic," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 43(4-6), pages 1115-1124, April.
- Dennis Mueller & Burkhard Raunig, 1999.
"Heterogeneities within Industries and Structure-Performance Models,"
Review of Industrial Organization,
Springer;The Industrial Organization Society, vol. 15(4), pages 303-320, December.
- Dennis Mueller & Burkhard Raunig, 1998. "Heterogeneities within industries and structure-performance models," Working Papers 36, Oesterreichische Nationalbank (Austrian Central Bank).
- Riadh BEN JELILI, "undated". "Persistence of Profitability and Intensity of Competition in Tunisian Manufacturing Sectors," Middle East and North Africa 330400010, EcoMod.
- Adelina Gschwandtner & Stefan Hirsch, 2016. "What drives firm profitability? A comparison of the US and EU food processing industry," Studies in Economics 1612, School of Economics, University of Kent.
- Moses Acquaah, 2003. "Corporate Management, Industry Competition and the Sustainability of Firm Abnormal Profitability," Journal of Management & Governance, Springer;Accademia Italiana di Economia Aziendale (AIDEA), vol. 7(1), pages 57-85, March.
- Tammy L. Madsen & Michael J. Leiblein, 2015. "What Factors Affect the Persistence of an Innovation Advantage?," Journal of Management Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 52(8), pages 1097-1127, December.
- Evrim TURGUTLU, 2014. "Dynamics of Profitability in the Turkish Banking Industry," Ege Academic Review, Ege University Faculty of Economics and Administrative Sciences, vol. 14(1), pages 43-52.
- de Vries, A.G.B. & Pennings, H.P.G. & Block, J.H., 2013. "Trademark or patent? The effects of market structure, customer type and venture capital financing on start-ups' IP decisions," ERIM Report Series Research in Management ERS-2013-002-STR, Erasmus Research Institute of Management (ERIM), ERIM is the joint research institute of the Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University and the Erasmus School of Economics (ESE) at Erasmus University Rotterdam.
- Jerker Denrell, 2004. "Comment: The Performance of Performance," Journal of Management & Governance, Springer;Accademia Italiana di Economia Aziendale (AIDEA), vol. 8(4), pages 345-349, October.
- Eklund, Johan & Wiberg, Daniel, 2007. "Persistence of profits and the systematic search for knowledge - R&D links to firm above-norm profits," Working Paper Series in Economics and Institutions of Innovation 85, Royal Institute of Technology, CESIS - Centre of Excellence for Science and Innovation Studies.
- Bruce Bjornson & Michael E. Sykuta, 2002. "Growth by acquisition and the performance of large food retailers," Agribusiness, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 18(3), pages 263-281.
- Jan Bentzen & Erik Madsen & Valdemar Smith & Mogens Dilling-Hansen, 2005.
"Persistence in Corporate Performance? Empirical Evidence from Panel Unit Root Tests,"
Springer;Austrian Institute for Economic Research;Austrian Economic Association, vol. 32(2), pages 217-230, June.
- Bentzen, Jan & Madsen, Erik Strøjer & Smith, Valdemar & Dilling-Hansen, Mogens, 2004. "Persistence in Corporate Performance? - Empirical Evidence from Panel Unit Root Tests," Working Papers 04-15, University of Aarhus, Aarhus School of Business, Department of Economics.
- Silverio Alarcón & Mercedes Sánchez, 2013. "External and Internal R&D, Capital Investment and Business Performance in the Spanish Agri-Food Industry," Journal of Agricultural Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 64(3), pages 654-675, September.
- Emili Grifell-Tatjé & P. Marquès-Gou, 2002. "Measuring Sustained Superior Performance at the Firm Level," Working Papers 0208, Departament Empresa, Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona, revised Jul 2002.
- Altomonte, Carlo & Nicolini, Marcella, 2012. "Economic integration and the dynamics of firms’ competitive behavior," Structural Change and Economic Dynamics, Elsevier, vol. 23(4), pages 383-402.
- repec:bla:stratm:v:38:y:2017:i:1:p:17-41 is not listed on IDEAS
- Christa Sys, 2013. "Persistence of profits in the container liner shipping industry," Chapters,in: Smart Transport Networks, chapter 6, pages 99-125 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Maruyama, Nobuhiro & Odagiri, Hiroyuki, 2002. "Does the 'persistence of profits' persist?: a study of company profits in Japan, 1964-97," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 20(10), pages 1513-1533, December.
- Andrew Benito, 2001. "'Oscillate Wildly': asymmetries and persistence in company-level profitability," Bank of England working papers 128, Bank of England.
- Tarziján, Jorge & Brahm, Francisco & Daiber, Luis Felipe, 2008. "Entrepreneurial profitability and persistence: Chile versus the U.S.A," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 61(6), pages 599-608, June.
- Cheung, W.K. Adrian & Wei, K.C. John, 2006. "Insider ownership and corporate performance: Evidence from the adjustment cost approach," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 12(5), pages 906-925, December.
- Ali Tafti & Sunil Mithas & M. S. Krishnan, 2013. "The Effect of Information Technology-Enabled Flexibility on Formation and Market Value of Alliances," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 59(1), pages 207-225, June.
- Jerker Denrell, 2004. "Random Walks and Sustained Competitive Advantage," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 50(7), pages 922-934, July.
- Arnab Bhattacharjee & Sumit K. Majumdar, 2011. "How much does industry matter in an emerging market economy?," Dundee Discussion Papers in Economics 256, Economic Studies, University of Dundee.
- Claessens,Constantijn A.*Djankov, Simeon, 1998. "Politicians and firms in seven central and eastern European countries," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1954, The World Bank.
- repec:bla:stratm:v:38:y:2017:i:2:p:184-202 is not listed on IDEAS
- Wiberg, Daniel, 2009. "Persistence of Profits and the Systematic Search for Knowledge - R&D and profits above the norm," Working Paper Series in Economics and Institutions of Innovation 161, Royal Institute of Technology, CESIS - Centre of Excellence for Science and Innovation Studies.
- Glen, Jack & Singh, Ajit & Mathias, Rudolph, 1998. "How competitive are the emerging markets? an analysis of corporate rates of return from nine emerging markets," MPRA Paper 54931, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Chen, James K.C. & Zorigt, Dulamjav, 2013. "Managing occupational health and safety in the mining industry," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 66(11), pages 2321-2331.