Heterogeneities within Industries and Structure-Performance Models
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- Dennis Mueller & Burkhard Raunig, 1998. "Heterogeneities within industries and structure-performance models," Working Papers 36, Oesterreichische Nationalbank (Austrian Central Bank).
References listed on IDEAS
- Bloch, H., 1992. "Sample-Selection Procedures for Estimating the Relationship Between Concentration and profitability from Cross-Industry Data," Papers 1992-05, Tasmania - Department of Economics.
- Shepherd, William G, 1972. "The Elements of Market Structure," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 54(1), pages 25-37, February.
- Schmalensee, Richard, 1989.
"Inter-industry studies of structure and performance,"
Handbook of Industrial Organization,in: R. Schmalensee & R. Willig (ed.), Handbook of Industrial Organization, edition 1, volume 2, chapter 16, pages 951-1009
- Schmalensee, Richard., 1987. "Inter-industry studies of structure and performance," Working papers 1874-87., Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Sloan School of Management.
- Saving, Thomas R, 1970. "Concentration Ratios and the Degree of Monopoly," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 11(1), pages 139-146, February.
- Masson, Robert T & Shaanan, Joseph, 1984. "Social Costs of Oligopoly and the Value of Competition," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 94(375), pages 520-535, September.
- Demsetz, Harold, 1973. "Industry Structure, Market Rivalry, and Public Policy," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 16(1), pages 1-9, April.
- Geroski, P A, 1981. "Specification and Testing the Profits-Concentration Relationship: Some Experiments for the UK," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 48(191), pages 279-288, August.
- Mueller,Dennis C., 2009. "Profits in the Long Run," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521101592, March.
- Newman, Howard H, 1978. "Strategic Groups and the Structure-Performance Relationship," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 60(3), pages 417-427, August.
- Cowling, Keith & Waterson, Michael, 1976.
"Price-Cost Margins and Market Structure,"
London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 43(171), pages 267-274, August.
- Cowling, Keith & Waterson, Michael, 1974. "Price-Cost Margins and Market Structure," The Warwick Economics Research Paper Series (TWERPS) 044, University of Warwick, Department of Economics.
- Saxonhouse, Gary R, 1976. "Estimated Parameters as Dependent Variables," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 66(1), pages 178-183, March.
- Mueller,Dennis C. (ed.), 1990. "The Dynamics of Company Profits," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521383721, March.
- Cubbin, John & Geroski, Paul A, 1987. "The Convergence of Profits in the Long Run: Inter-firm and Inter-industry Comparisons," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 35(4), pages 427-442, June.
- Carter, John R, 1978. "Collusion, Efficiency, and Antitrust," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 21(2), pages 435-444, October.
- Ravenscraft, David J, 1983. "Structure-Profit Relationships at the Line of Business and Industry Level," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 65(1), pages 22-31, February.
- Waring, Geoffrey F, 1996. "Industry Differences in the Persistence of Firm-Specific Returns," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 86(5), pages 1253-1265, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Juan Carlos Bou & Albert Satorra, 2003. "The persistence of abnormal returns at industry and firm levels," Economics Working Papers 729, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra.
- Mita Bhattacharya & Harry Bloch, 2000. "Adjustment of Profits: Evidence from Australian Manufacturing," Empirica, Springer;Austrian Institute for Economic Research;Austrian Economic Association, vol. 27(2), pages 157-173, June.
- Darko Tipurić & Mirjana Pejić Bach, 2009. "Changes in Industrial Concentration in the Croatian Economy (1995-2006)," EFZG Working Papers Series 0903, Faculty of Economics and Business, University of Zagreb.
- Ivaldi, Marc & Motis, Jrissy, 2007. "Mergers as Auctions," CEPR Discussion Papers 6434, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Simon Feeny & Mark Harris & Mark Rogers, 2005.
"A dynamic panel analysis of the profitability of Australian tax entities,"
Springer, pages 209-233.
- Simon Feeny & Mark N. Harris & Joanne Loundes, 2000. "A Dynamic Panel Analysis of the Profitability of Australian Tax Entities," Melbourne Institute Working Paper Series wp2000n22, Melbourne Institute of Applied Economic and Social Research, The University of Melbourne.
- repec:eee:corfin:v:45:y:2017:i:c:p:467-479 is not listed on IDEAS
- Andrzej Cieślik & Jan Michałek & Anna Michałek, 2012. "Export Activity in Visegrad-4 Countries: Firm Level Investigation," Ekonomia journal, Faculty of Economic Sciences, University of Warsaw, vol. 30.
- Emili Grifell-Tatjé & P. Marquès-Gou, 2002. "Measuring Sustained Superior Performance at the Firm Level," Working Papers 0208, Departament Empresa, Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona, revised Jul 2002.
More about this item
KeywordsStructure-conduct-performance models; heterogeneous industries;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:revind:v:15:y:1999:i:4:p:303-320. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .