Persistence of Profits and the Systematic Search for Knowledge - R&D and profits above the norm
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- R. E. Caves & M. E. Porter, 1977. "From Entry Barriers to Mobility Barriers: Conjectural Decisions and Contrived Deterrence to New Competition," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 91(2), pages 241-261.
- Schwalbach, Joachim & Gra[beta]hoff, Ulrike & Mahmood, Talat, 1989. "The dynamics of corporate profits," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 33(8), pages 1625-1639, October.
- Geroski, Paul A & Jacquemin, Alexis, 1988. "The Persistence of Profits: A European Comparison," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 98(391), pages 375-389, June.
- Winter, Sidney G., 1984. "Schumpeterian competition in alternative technological regimes," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 5(3-4), pages 287-320.
- Mueller,Dennis C., 2009. "Profits in the Long Run," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521101592, April.
- Dennis C. Mueller & John E. Tilton, 1969. "Research and Development Costs as a Barrier to Entry," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 2(4), pages 570-579, November.
- Goddard, J. A. & Wilson, J. O. S., 1999. "The persistence of profit: a new empirical interpretation," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 17(5), pages 663-687, July.
- Glen, Jack & Lee, Kevin & Singh, Ajit, 2001. "Persistence of profitability and competition in emerging markets," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 72(2), pages 247-253, August.
- Jan Bentzen & Erik Madsen & Valdemar Smith & Mogens Dilling-Hansen, 2005.
"Persistence in Corporate Performance? Empirical Evidence from Panel Unit Root Tests,"
Springer;Austrian Institute for Economic Research;Austrian Economic Association, vol. 32(2), pages 217-230, June.
- Bentzen, Jan & Madsen, Erik Strøjer & Smith, Valdemar & Dilling-Hansen, Mogens, 2004. "Persistence in Corporate Performance? - Empirical Evidence from Panel Unit Root Tests," Working Papers 04-15, University of Aarhus, Aarhus School of Business, Department of Economics.
- Mueller, Dennis C, 1977. "The Persistence of Profits above the Norm," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 44(176), pages 369-380, November.
- Waring, Geoffrey F, 1996. "Industry Differences in the Persistence of Firm-Specific Returns," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 86(5), pages 1253-1265, December.
More about this item
KeywordsPersistence of profits; research and development; industrial organization;
- L00 - Industrial Organization - - General - - - General
- L22 - Industrial Organization - - Firm Objectives, Organization, and Behavior - - - Firm Organization and Market Structure
- L25 - Industrial Organization - - Firm Objectives, Organization, and Behavior - - - Firm Performance
- O32 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Innovation; Research and Development; Technological Change; Intellectual Property Rights - - - Management of Technological Innovation and R&D
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2009-01-24 (All new papers)
- NEP-COM-2009-01-24 (Industrial Competition)
- NEP-ENT-2009-01-24 (Entrepreneurship)
- NEP-INO-2009-01-24 (Innovation)
- NEP-IPR-2009-01-24 (Intellectual Property Rights)
- NEP-KNM-2009-01-24 (Knowledge Management & Knowledge Economy)
- NEP-TID-2009-01-24 (Technology & Industrial Dynamics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hhs:cesisp:0161. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Vardan Hovsepyan). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/cekthse.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.