Persistence of profits in the long run: A critical extension of some recent findings
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Canarella, Giorgio & Miller, Stephen M. & Nourayi, Mahmoud M., 2013.
"Firm profitability: Mean-reverting or random-walk behavior?,"
Journal of Economics and Business,
Elsevier, vol. 66(C), pages 76-97.
- Giorgio Canarella & Stephen M. Miller & Mahmoud M. Nourayi, 2012. "Firm Profitability: Mean-Reverting or Random-Walk Behavior?," Working papers 2012-05, University of Connecticut, Department of Economics, revised Oct 2012.
- Giorgio Canarella & Stephen M. Miller & Mahmoud M. Nourayi, 2012. "Firm Profitability: Mean-Reverting or Random-Walk Behavior?," Working Papers 1202, University of Nevada, Las Vegas , Department of Economics.
- Glen, J. & Lee, K. & Singh. A., 2000.
"Competition, Corporate Governance and Financing of corporate Growth in Emerging Markets,"
Accounting and Finance Discussion Papers
00-af46, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- Glen, Jack & Lee, Kevin & Singh, Ajit, 2000. "Competition, corporate governance and financing of corporate growth in emerging markets," MPRA Paper 53625, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Glen, Jack & Lee, Kevin & Singh, Ajit, 2001. "Persistence of profitability and competition in emerging markets," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 72(2), pages 247-253, August.
- Eklund, Johan & Wiberg, Daniel, 2007. "Persistence of profits and the systematic search for knowledge - R&D links to firm above-norm profits," Working Paper Series in Economics and Institutions of Innovation 85, Royal Institute of Technology, CESIS - Centre of Excellence for Science and Innovation Studies.
- Robert Rieg, 2015. "Dynamics of value-based management: does shareholder value cause short-termism?," Journal of Management Control: Zeitschrift für Planung und Unternehmenssteuerung, Springer, vol. 26(2), pages 193-224, August.
- Jan Bentzen & Erik Madsen & Valdemar Smith & Mogens Dilling-Hansen, 2005.
"Persistence in Corporate Performance? Empirical Evidence from Panel Unit Root Tests,"
Springer;Austrian Institute for Economic Research;Austrian Economic Association, vol. 32(2), pages 217-230, June.
- Bentzen, Jan & Madsen, Erik Strøjer & Smith, Valdemar & Dilling-Hansen, Mogens, 2004. "Persistence in Corporate Performance? - Empirical Evidence from Panel Unit Root Tests," Working Papers 04-15, University of Aarhus, Aarhus School of Business, Department of Economics.
- Emili Grifell-Tatjé & P. Marquès-Gou, 2002. "Measuring Sustained Superior Performance at the Firm Level," Working Papers 0208, Departament Empresa, Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona, revised Jul 2002.
- Altomonte, Carlo & Nicolini, Marcella, 2012. "Economic integration and the dynamics of firms’ competitive behavior," Structural Change and Economic Dynamics, Elsevier, vol. 23(4), pages 383-402.
- Maruyama, Nobuhiro & Odagiri, Hiroyuki, 2002. "Does the 'persistence of profits' persist?: a study of company profits in Japan, 1964-97," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 20(10), pages 1513-1533, December.
- Manuel Espitia-Escuer, 2003. "Profits in the long-term for the manufacturing sector," International Advances in Economic Research, Springer;International Atlantic Economic Society, vol. 9(3), pages 233-247, August.
- Peter W Roberts, 2001. "Innovation and firm-level persistent profitability: a Schumpeterian framework," Managerial and Decision Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 22(4-5), pages 239-250.
- Goddard, J. A. & Wilson, J. O. S., 1999. "The persistence of profit: a new empirical interpretation," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 17(5), pages 663-687, July.
- Nuria Alcalde-Fradejas & Marisa Ramírez-Alesón, 2015. "Long-run profits in times of crisis: A comparison between European SMEs and large companies," Estudios de Economia, University of Chile, Department of Economics, vol. 42(1 Year 20), pages 79-97, June.
- Villalonga, Belen, 2004. "Intangible resources, Tobin's q, and sustainability of performance differences," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 54(2), pages 205-230, June.
- Glen, Jack & Singh, Ajit & Mathias, Rudolph, 1998. "How competitive are the emerging markets? an analysis of corporate rates of return from nine emerging markets," MPRA Paper 54931, University Library of Munich, Germany.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:indorg:v:8:y:1990:i:3:p:385-404. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505551 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.