Profitability Adjustment Patterns In International Food And Consumer Products Industries
The study encompasses an analysis of the variation in speeds of profitability adjustment and accounting bias by developed country and firm size for two important agribusiness industries. Evidence of speeds of profitability adjustment and accounting bias varying by firm size was found in the beverage and tobacco industry and by country in the food and consumer products industry. This suggests that the competitive pressures of integrated international markets are less of a factor in the food and consumer products industry.
|Date of creation:||2000|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Conner Hall, Athens, GA 30602|
Phone: (706) 542-2481
Fax: (706) 542-0739
Web page: http://www.caes.uga.edu/departments/agecon/index.html
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Glick, Mark & Ehrbar, Hans, 1990. "Long-run Equilibrium in the Empirical Study of Monopoly and Competition," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 28(1), pages 151-162, January.
- Mueller,Dennis C., 2009.
"Profits in the Long Run,"
Cambridge University Press, number 9780521101592, December.
- Mueller,Dennis C., 1986. "Profits in the Long Run," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521306935, December.
- George J. Stigler, 1963. "Capital and Rates of Return in Manufacturing Industries," NBER Books, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc, number stig63-1, November.
- Traill, Bruce, 1997. "Globalisation in the Food Industries?," European Review of Agricultural Economics, Foundation for the European Review of Agricultural Economics, vol. 24(3-4), pages 390-410.
- Mark E. Levonian, 1994. "The persistence of bank profits: what the stock market implies," Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco, pages 3-17.
- Shigeru Otsubo, 1996. "Globalization : a new role for developing countries in an integrating world," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1628, The World Bank.
- Waring, Geoffrey F, 1996. "Industry Differences in the Persistence of Firm-Specific Returns," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 86(5), pages 1253-1265, December.
- Fisher, Franklin M & McGowan, John J, 1983. "On the Misuse of Accounting Rates of Return to Infer Monopoly Profits," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 73(1), pages 82-97, March. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:ugeofs:16676. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.