Measuring the Economic Rate of Return on Assets
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Birger Wernerfelt & Cynthia A. Montgomery, 1986. "What is an Attractive Industry?," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 32(10), pages 1223-1230, October.
- R. E. Caves & M. E. Porter, 1977. "From Entry Barriers to Mobility Barriers: Conjectural Decisions and Contrived Deterrence to New Competition," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 91(2), pages 241-261.
- Stevens, Guy V. G. & Lipsey, Robert E., 1992.
"Interactions between domestic and foreign investment,"
Journal of International Money and Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 11(1), pages 40-62, February.
- Robert E. Lipsey & Guy V.G. Stevens, 1988. "Interactions between Domestic and Foreign Investment," NBER Working Papers 2714, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Guy V. G. Stevens & Robert E. Lipsey, 1988. "Interactions between domestic and foreign investment," International Finance Discussion Papers 329, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Martin Feldstein & Lawrence Summers, 1977. "Is the Rate of Profit Falling?," Brookings Papers on Economic Activity, Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 8(1), pages 211-228.
- James R. Hines, Jr., 1996. "Tax Policy and the Activities of Multinational Corporations," NBER Working Papers 5589, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Scott, John T & Pascoe, George, 1986. "Beyond Firm and Industry Effects on Profitability in Imperfect Market s," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 68(2), pages 284-292, May.
- Fisher, Franklin M & McGowan, John J, 1983. "On the Misuse of Accounting Rates of Return to Infer Monopoly Profits," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 73(1), pages 82-97, March.
- Eisner, Robert & Pieper, Paul J., 1990. "The world's greatest debtor nation?," North American Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 1(1), pages 9-32.
- Michael Gort & Rao Singamsetti, 1976. "Concentration and Profit Rates: New Evidence on an Old Issue," NBER Chapters,in: Explorations in Economic Research, Volume 3, number 1, pages 1-20 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Mueller, Dennis C, 1977. "The Persistence of Profits above the Norm," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 44(176), pages 369-380, November.
- Cubbin, John & Geroski, Paul A, 1987. "The Convergence of Profits in the Long Run: Inter-firm and Inter-industry Comparisons," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 35(4), pages 427-442, June.
- P. Geroski, 1998.
"An Applied Econometrician's View of Large Company Performance,"
Review of Industrial Organization,
Springer;The Industrial Organization Society, vol. 13(3), pages 271-294, June.
- Geroski, Paul A, 1998. "An Applied Econometrician's View of Large Company Performance," CEPR Discussion Papers 1862, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Janis Kapler, 1997. "The Theory of Transnational Firms: an empirical reassessment," International Review of Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 11(2), pages 195-211.
- Schmalensee, Richard, 1985. "Do Markets Differ Much?," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 75(3), pages 341-351, June.
More about this item
KeywordsAccounting rate of return; economic rate of return; firm fixed effects; industry fixed effects;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:revind:v:17:y:2000:i:4:p:457-463. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.