The continuing debate on firm performance: A multilevel approach to the IT sectors of Taiwan and South Korea
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Jay B. Barney, 1986. "Strategic Factor Markets: Expectations, Luck, and Business Strategy," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 32(10), pages 1231-1241, October.
- Rosenberg, Nathan, 1963. "Technological Change in the Machine Tool Industry, 1840â€“1910," The Journal of Economic History, Cambridge University Press, vol. 23(4), pages 414-443, December.
- Anita M. McGahan & Michael E. Porter, 2002. "What Do We Know About Variance in Accounting Profitability?," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 48(7), pages 834-851, July.
- Yi-Min Chen & Feng-Jyh Lin, 2006. "Regional development and sources of superior performance across textile and IT sectors in Taiwan," Entrepreneurship & Regional Development, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 18(3), pages 227-248, May.
- David J. Teece, 2003.
"Towards an Economic Theory of the Multiproduct Firm,"
World Scientific Book Chapters, in: Essays In Technology Management And Policy Selected Papers of David J Teece, chapter 15, pages 419-446,
World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd..
- Teece, David J., 1982. "Towards an economic theory of the multiproduct firm," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 3(1), pages 39-63, March.
- Schumpeter, Joseph A., 1947. "The Creative Response in Economic History," The Journal of Economic History, Cambridge University Press, vol. 7(2), pages 149-159, November.
- Kessides, Ioannis N, 1990. "Internal versus External Market Conditions and Firm Profitability: An Exploratory Model," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 100(402), pages 773-792, September.
- Fisher, Franklin M & McGowan, John J, 1983. "On the Misuse of Accounting Rates of Return to Infer Monopoly Profits," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 73(1), pages 82-97, March.
- Brian Snowdon & George Stonehouse, 2006. "Competitiveness in a globalised world: Michael Porter on the microeconomic foundations of the competitiveness of nations, regions, and firms," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 37(2), pages 163-175, March.
- Teece, David J., 1980. "Economies of scope and the scope of the enterprise," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 1(3), pages 223-247, September.
- Wernerfelt, Birger & Montgomery, Cynthia A, 1988. "Tobin's q and the Importance of Focus in Firm Performance," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 78(1), pages 246-250, March.
- Erik Thorbecke & An‐Chi Tung & Henry Wan, Jr, 2002. "Industrial Targeting: Lessons from Past Errors and Successes of Hong Kong and Taiwan," The World Economy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 25(8), pages 1047-1061, August.
- Gabriel Hawawini & Venkat Subramanian & Paul Verdin, 2003.
"Is performance driven by industry‐or firm‐specific factors? A new look at the evidence,"
Strategic Management Journal, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 24(1), pages 1-16, January.
- Gabriel Hawawini & Venkata Subban Subramanian & Paul Verdin, 2003. "Is performance driven by industry- or firm-specific factors? A new look at the evidence," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/14188, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- S O Park, 1994. "Industrial Restructuring in the Seoul Metropolitan Region: Major Triggers and Consequences," Environment and Planning A, , vol. 26(4), pages 527-541, April.
- Schmalensee, Richard, 1985. "Do Markets Differ Much?," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 75(3), pages 341-351, June.
- Cusumano, Michael A. & Elenkov, Detelin, 1994. "Linking international technology transfer with strategy and management: a literature commentary," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 23(2), pages 195-215, March.
- Castanias, Richard P. & Helfat, Constance E., 1992. "Managerial and windfall rents in the market for corporate control," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 18(2), pages 153-184, July.
- Panzar, John C & Willig, Robert D, 1981. "Economies of Scope," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 71(2), pages 268-272, May.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Jan Schiefer & Stefan Hirsch & Monika Hartmann & Adelina Gschwandtner, 2013. "Industry, firm, year and country effects on profitability in EU food processing," Studies in Economics 1309, School of Economics, University of Kent.
- Erkan, Asligul & Fainshmidt, Stav & Judge, William Q., 2016. "Variance decomposition of the country, industry, firm, and firm-year effects on dividend policy," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 25(6), pages 1309-1320.
- Zon-Yau Lee & Mei-Tai Chu & Yu-Ting Wang & Kuan-Ju Chen, 2020. "Industry Performance Appraisal Using Improved MCDM for Next Generation of Taiwan," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 12(13), pages 1-17, June.
- Chen, Yi-Min & Su, Yi-Fan & Lin, Feng-Jyh, 2011. "Country-of-origin effects and antecedents of industrial brand equity," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 64(11), pages 1234-1238.
- PatrÃcia Lopes Costa & Ana Margarida GraÃ§a & Pedro Marques-Quinteiro & Catarina Marques Santos & AntÃ³nio Caetano & Ana Margarida Passos, 2013. "Multilevel Research in the Field of Organizational Behavior," SAGE Open, , vol. 3(3), pages 21582440134, August.
- Wu, Chiu-Hui & Ding, Cherng G. & Jane, Ten-Der & Lin, Hang-Rung & Wu, Cheng-Ying, 2015. "Lessons from the global financial crisis for the semiconductor industry," Technological Forecasting and Social Change, Elsevier, vol. 99(C), pages 47-53.
- Yi-Min Chen & Feng-Jyh Lin, 2010. "The Persistence of Superior Performance at Industry and Firm Levels: Evidence from the IT Industry in Taiwan," Industry and Innovation, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 17(5), pages 469-486.
- Huarng, Kun-Huang, 2011. "A comparative study to classify ICT developments by economies," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 64(11), pages 1174-1177.
- Yi-Min Chen & Feng-Jyh Lin, 2013. "Do financially innovative futures matter?," The Service Industries Journal, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 33(9-10), pages 941-957, July.
- Chen, Yi-Min & Yang, De-Hsin & Lin, Feng-Jyh, 2013. "Does technological diversification matter to firm performance? The moderating role of organizational slack," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 66(10), pages 1970-1975.
More about this item
KeywordsPerformance Industry organization Strategic management Technological diversification Hierarchical linear modeling;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jbrese:v:63:y:2010:i:5:p:471-478. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Haili He). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jbusres .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.