A comparative study to classify ICT developments by economies
Information and communication technology (ICT) attracts more and more attention as the diffusion of Internet grows rapidly. This study intends to classify ICT developments by using a different approach: a clustering technique to classify the economies with only two essential variables, namely the number of Internet subscribers and gross domestic product. This study performs a comparative analysis for 121 economies covering the period from 1999 to 2007. Then, this study validates classification results against the research results in previous studies and finds the proposed approach more effective. The classification results help to explain the global ICT developments.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Volume (Year): 64 (2011)
Issue (Month): 11 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jbusres|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Vicente, Maria Rosalia & Lopez, Ana Jesus, 2006. "Patterns of ICT diffusion across the European Union," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 93(1), pages 45-51, October.
- Raventos, Pedro, 2006. "The internet strategy of the Costa Rican Tourism Board," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 59(3), pages 375-386, March.
- Wu, Feng-Shang & Chu, Wen-Lin, 2010. "Diffusion models of mobile telephony," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 63(5), pages 497-501, May.
- Chen, Yi-Min, 2010. "The continuing debate on firm performance: A multilevel approach to the IT sectors of Taiwan and South Korea," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 63(5), pages 471-478, May.
- Jussawalla, Meheroo, 1999. "The impact of ICT convergence on development in the Asian region," Telecommunications Policy, Elsevier, vol. 23(3-4), pages 217-234, April.
- Huarng, Kun-Huang, 2010. "Essential research in technology management," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 63(5), pages 451-453, May.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jbrese:v:64:y:2011:i:11:p:1174-1177. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Shamier, Wendy)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.