Heterogeneous effects of different factors on global ICT adoption
Numerous studies focus on the analysis of the effects of different factors on global information and communication technology (ICT) adoption. Due to the limitations of the least squares method in showing the impact of the estimated coefficients on the mean, this study applies quantile regression to examine the heterogeneous effects of various factors on global ICT adoption. This study finds that the impacts on the tail quantiles can be very different from the impacts on the conditional means. The empirical results show that the effects at different quantile levels are very different from those at their counterpart conditional means. We also provide relevant explanations for the effects.
Volume (Year): 64 (2011)
Issue (Month): 11 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jbusres|
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Wong, Poh-Kam, 2002.
"ICT production and diffusion in Asia Digital dividends or digital divide?,"
Information Economics and Policy,
Elsevier, vol. 14(2), pages 167-187, June.
- Wong, Poh-Kam, 2001. "ICT Production and Diffusion in Asia Digital Dividends or Digital Divide?," WIDER Working Paper Series 008, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Koenker, Roger W & Bassett, Gilbert, Jr, 1978. "Regression Quantiles," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 46(1), pages 33-50, January.
- Corrocher, Nicoletta & Fontana, Roberto, 2008. "Objectives, obstacles and drivers of ICT adoption: What do IT managers perceive?," Information Economics and Policy, Elsevier, vol. 20(3), pages 229-242, September.
- Wu, Feng-Shang & Chu, Wen-Lin, 2010. "Diffusion models of mobile telephony," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 63(5), pages 497-501, May.
- Vicente, Maria Rosalia & Lopez, Ana Jesus, 2006. "Patterns of ICT diffusion across the European Union," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 93(1), pages 45-51, October.
- Nasco, Suzanne Altobello & Toledo, Elizabeth Grandón & Mykytyn Jr., Peter P., 2008. "Predicting electronic commerce adoption in Chilean SMEs," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 61(6), pages 697-705, June.
- Huarng, Kun-Huang, 2010. "Essential research in technology management," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 63(5), pages 451-453, May.
- Roger Koenker, 2000. "Inference on the Quantile Regression Process," Econometric Society World Congress 2000 Contributed Papers 0886, Econometric Society. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jbrese:v:64:y:2011:i:11:p:1169-1173. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.