Random Walks and Sustained Competitive Advantage
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Clarke, Roger & Davies, Stephen & Waterson, Michael, 1984. "The Profitability-Concentration Relation: Market Power or Efficiency?," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 32(4), pages 435-450, June.
- Demsetz, Harold, 1973. "Industry Structure, Market Rivalry, and Public Policy," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 16(1), pages 1-9, April.
- Schmalensee, Richard, 1987. "Collusion versus Differential Efficiency: Testing Alternative Hypotheses," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 35(4), pages 399-425, June.
- Fama, Eugene F & French, Kenneth R, 2000.
"Forecasting Profitability and Earnings,"
The Journal of Business,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 73(2), pages 161-175, April.
- Eugene F. Fama & Kenneth R. French, "undated". "Forecasting Profitability and Earnings," CRSP working papers 456, Center for Research in Security Prices, Graduate School of Business, University of Chicago.
- Eugene F. Fama & Kenneth R. French, "undated". "Forecasting Profitability and Earnings," CRSP working papers 358, Center for Research in Security Prices, Graduate School of Business, University of Chicago.
- Arthur, W Brian, 1989. "Competing Technologies, Increasing Returns, and Lock-In by Historical Events," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 99(394), pages 116-131, March.
- Armen A. Alchian, 1950. "Uncertainty, Evolution, and Economic Theory," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 58, pages 211-211.
- Cubbin, John & Geroski, Paul A, 1987. "The Convergence of Profits in the Long Run: Inter-firm and Inter-industry Comparisons," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 35(4), pages 427-442, June.
- Ingemar Dierickx & Karel Cool, 1989. "Asset Stock Accumulation and Sustainability of Competitive Advantage," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 35(12), pages 1504-1511, December.
- McGahan, Anita M, 1999. "The Performance of US Corporations: 1981-1994," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 47(4), pages 373-398, December.
- Jay B. Barney, 1986. "Strategic Factor Markets: Expectations, Luck, and Business Strategy," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 32(10), pages 1231-1241, October.
- Dosi, Giovanni, 1988. "Sources, Procedures, and Microeconomic Effects of Innovation," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 26(3), pages 1120-1171, September.
- Nickell, Stephen J, 1981. "Biases in Dynamic Models with Fixed Effects," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 49(6), pages 1417-1426, November.
- Levinthal, Daniel & March, James G., 1981. "A model of adaptive organizational search," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 2(4), pages 307-333, December.
- S.A. Lippman & R.P. Rumelt, 1982. "Uncertain Imitability: An Analysis of Interfirm Differences in Efficiency under Competition," Bell Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 13(2), pages 418-438, Autumn.
- Richard B. Mancke, 1974. "Causes of Interfirm Profitability Differences: A New Interpretation of the Evidence," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 88(2), pages 181-193.
- Ingemar Dierickx & Karel Cool, 1989. "Asset Stock Accumulation and the Sustainability of Competitive Advantage: Reply," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 35(12), pages 1514-1514, December.
- John F. Muth, 1986. "Search Theory and the Manufacturing Progress Function," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 32(8), pages 948-962, August.
- Waring, Geoffrey F, 1996. "Industry Differences in the Persistence of Firm-Specific Returns," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 86(5), pages 1253-1265, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Albert Banal-Estañol & Augusto Rupérez Micola, 2010.
"Are Agent-based Simulations Robust? The Wholesale Electricity Trading Case,"
443, Barcelona Graduate School of Economics.
- Albert Banal-Estañol & Augusto Rupérez-Micola, 2010. "Are agent-based simulations robust? The wholesale electricity trading case," Economics Working Papers 1214, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra.
- Soenke Sievers & Jan Klobucnik, 2011. "Valuing high technology growth firms," Cologne Graduate School Working Paper Series 02-07, Cologne Graduate School in Management, Economics and Social Sciences.
- Dew, Nicholas & Read, Stuart & Sarasvathy, Saras D. & Wiltbank, Robert, 2009. "Effectual versus predictive logics in entrepreneurial decision-making: Differences between experts and novices," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 24(4), pages 287-309, July.
- Burgelman, Robert A. & Grove, Andrew S., 2007. "Let Chaos Reign, Then Rein In Chaos--Repeatedly: Managing Strategic Dynamics For Corporate Longevity," Research Papers 1954, Stanford University, Graduate School of Business.
- Markus A. Fitza, 2014. "The use of variance decomposition in the investigation of CEO effects: How large must the CEO effect be to rule out chance?," Strategic Management Journal, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 35(12), pages 1839-1852, December.
- Coad, Alex & Frankish, Julian & Roberts, Richard G. & Storey, David J., 2013.
"Growth paths and survival chances: An application of Gambler's Ruin theory,"
Journal of Business Venturing,
Elsevier, vol. 28(5), pages 615-632.
- Coad, Alex & Frankish, Julian & Roberts, Richard & Storey, David, 2014. "Growth Paths and Survival Chances: An Application of Gambler's Ruin Theory," Ratio Working Papers 204, The Ratio Institute.
- Jerker Denrell & Christina Fang, 2010. "Predicting the Next Big Thing: Success as a Signal of Poor Judgment," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 56(10), pages 1653-1667, October.
- Alex Coad & David J Storey & Richard G Roberts & Julian S Frankish, 2013. "New venture survival and growth: does the fog lift?," Working Papers 2013/36, Institut d'Economia de Barcelona (IEB).
- Tschoegl, Adrian E., 2004.
"Who owns the major US subsidiaries of foreign banks?: A note,"
Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money,
Elsevier, vol. 14(3), pages 255-266, July.
- Adrian E. Tschoegl, 2003. "Who Owns the Major US Subsidiaries of Foreign Banks? A Note," Center for Financial Institutions Working Papers 03-11, Wharton School Center for Financial Institutions, University of Pennsylvania.
- Sandra Gottschalk & Francis J. Greene & Bettina Müller, 2017. "The impact of habitual entrepreneurial experience on new firm closure outcomes," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 48(2), pages 303-321, February.
- Torben J. Andersen & Richard A. Bettis, 2015. "Exploring longitudinal risk-return relationships," Strategic Management Journal, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 36(8), pages 1135-1145, August.
- Alex Coad & Julian Frankish & Richard G. Roberts & David J. Storey, 2011. "Growth Paths and Survival Chances," SPRU Working Paper Series 195, SPRU - Science and Technology Policy Research, University of Sussex.
- Markman, Gideon M. & Venzin, Markus, 2014. "Resilience: Lessons from banks that have braved the economic crisis—And from those that have not," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 23(6), pages 1096-1107.
- Nicolaï Foss & Nils Stieglitz, 2012. "Modern Resource-based Theory(ies)," Chapters,in: Handbook on the Economics and Theory of the Firm, chapter 20 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Banal-Estañol, Albert & Rupérez Micola, Augusto, 2011. "Behavioural simulations in spot electricity markets," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 214(1), pages 147-159, October.
- Alexander Budzier & Bent Flyvbjerg, 2013. "Double Whammy - How ICT Projects are Fooled by Randomness and Screwed by Political Intent," Papers 1304.4590, arXiv.org.
- repec:bla:stratm:v:38:y:2017:i:3:p:802-811 is not listed on IDEAS
- Jean-Philippe Vergne & Colette Depeyre, 2015. "How do firms adapt? A fuzzy-set analysis of the role of cognition and capabilities in U.S. defense firms’ responses to 9/11," Post-Print hal-01274005, HAL.
- Mingchun Sun & Edison Tse, 2009. "The Resource-Based View of Competitive Advantage in Two-Sided Markets," Journal of Management Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 46(1), pages 45-64, January.
More about this item
Keywordssustained competitive advantage; resource-based view; random walks; luck;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:inm:ormnsc:v:50:y:2004:i:7:p:922-934. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Mirko Janc). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/inforea.html .