Household choice of public versus private schooling: a case study of Bahawalpur City
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Zafar Mueen Nasir, 1999. "Do Private Schools Produce More Productive Workers?," The Pakistan Development Review, Pakistan Institute of Development Economics, vol. 38(4), pages 937-954.
- Harold Alderman & Peter F. Orazem & Elizabeth M. Paterno, 2001.
"School Quality, School Cost, and the Public/Private School Choices of Low-Income Households in Pakistan,"
Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 36(2), pages 304-326.
- Alderman, Harold & Orazem, Peter & Paterno, Elizabeth M., 2001. "School Quality, School Cost, and the Public/Private School Choices of Low-Income Households in Pakistan," Staff General Research Papers Archive 1970, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Rana, Ejaz Ali Khan & Ali, Karamat, 2002. "Private schooling - a quality puzzle," MPRA Paper 34792, University Library of Munich, Germany.
More about this item
KeywordsSchool Choice; Private Schools; Public sector schools; education; cost of schooling; Pakistan;
- O15 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Economic Development: Human Resources; Human Development; Income Distribution; Migration
- I21 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Education - - - Analysis of Education
- D1 - Microeconomics - - Household Behavior
- R2 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Household Analysis
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-EDU-2011-12-13 (Education)
- NEP-LAB-2011-12-13 (Labour Economics)
- NEP-URE-2011-12-13 (Urban & Real Estate Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:34794. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.