Household choice of public versus private schooling: a case study of Bahawalpur City
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Zafar Mueen Nasir, 1999. "Do Private Schools Produce More Productive Workers?," The Pakistan Development Review, Pakistan Institute of Development Economics, vol. 38(4), pages 937-954.
- Harold Alderman & Peter F. Orazem & Elizabeth M. Paterno, 2001.
"School Quality, School Cost, and the Public/Private School Choices of Low-Income Households in Pakistan,"
Journal of Human Resources,
University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 36(2), pages 304-326.
- Alderman, Harold & Orazem, Peter & Paterno, Elizabeth M., 2001. "School Quality, School Cost, and the Public/Private School Choices of Low-Income Households in Pakistan," Staff General Research Papers Archive 1970, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Rana, Ejaz Ali Khan & Ali, Karamat, 2002. "Private schooling - a quality puzzle," MPRA Paper 34792, University Library of Munich, Germany.
More about this item
KeywordsSchool Choice; Private Schools; Public sector schools; education; cost of schooling; Pakistan;
- O15 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Economic Development: Human Resources; Human Development; Income Distribution; Migration
- I21 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Education - - - Analysis of Education
- D1 - Microeconomics - - Household Behavior
- R2 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Household Analysis
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2011-12-13 (All new papers)
- NEP-EDU-2011-12-13 (Education)
- NEP-LAB-2011-12-13 (Labour Economics)
- NEP-URE-2011-12-13 (Urban & Real Estate Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:34794. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .