Do international commodity prices drive natural resource booms? An empirical analysis of small-scale gold mining in Suriname
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Selvanathan, Saroja & Selvanathan, E. A., 1999. "The effect of the price of gold on its production: a time-series analysis," Resources Policy, Elsevier, vol. 25(4), pages 265-275, December.
- Gibson, Clark C. & Ostrom, Elinor & Ahn, T. K., 2000. "The concept of scale and the human dimensions of global change: a survey," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 32(2), pages 217-239, February.
- Mainardi, Stefano, 1995. "Mineral resources and growth : Toward a long-term convergence?," Resources Policy, Elsevier, vol. 21(3), pages 155-168, September.
- Bradford L. Barham & Jean-Paul Chavas & Oliver T. Coomes, 1998. "Sunk Costs and the Natural Resource Extraction Sector: Analytical Models and Historical Examples of Hysteresis and Strategic Behavior in the Americas," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 74(4), pages 429-448.
- Sachs, Jeffrey D. & Warner, Andrew M., 1999. "The big push, natural resource booms and growth," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 59(1), pages 43-76, June.
- Corden, W Max & Neary, J Peter, 1982. "Booming Sector and De-Industrialisation in a Small Open Economy," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 92(368), pages 825-848, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- El Hedi Arouri, Mohamed & Lahiani, Amine & Nguyen, Duc Khuong, 2015.
"World gold prices and stock returns in China: Insights for hedging and diversification strategies,"
Elsevier, vol. 44(C), pages 273-282.
- Mohamed El Hedi Arouri & Amine Lahiani & Duc Khuong Nguyen, 2013. "World gold prices and stock returns in China: insights for hedging and diversification strategies," Working Papers hal-00798038, HAL.
- Mohamed El Hedi Arouri & Amine Lahiani & Duc Khuong Nguyen, 2014. "World gold prices and stock returns in China: insights for hedging and diversification strategies," Working Papers 2014-110, Department of Research, Ipag Business School.
- Laing, Timothy, 2015.
"Rights to the forest, REDD+ and elections: Mining in Guyana,"
Elsevier, vol. 46(P2), pages 250-261.
- Laing, Timothy, 2015. "Rights to the forest, REDD+ and elections: mining in Guyana," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 64186, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Timothy Laing, 2015. "Rights to the forest, REDD+ and elections: Mining in Guyana," GRI Working Papers 181, Grantham Research Institute on Climate Change and the Environment.
- Spiegel, Samuel J., 2009. "Socioeconomic dimensions of mercury pollution abatement: Engaging artisanal mining communities in Sub-Saharan Africa," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 68(12), pages 3072-3083, October.
- Gil-Alana, Luis A. & Chang, Shinhye & Balcilar, Mehmet & Aye, Goodness C. & Gupta, Rangan, 2015.
"Persistence of precious metal prices: A fractional integration approach with structural breaks,"
Elsevier, vol. 44(C), pages 57-64.
- Luis A.Gil-Alana & Shinhye Chang & Mehmet Balcilar & Goodness C. Aye & Rangan Gupta, 2014. "Persistence in Precious Metal Prices: A Fractional Integration Approach with Structural Breaks," Working Papers 201458, University of Pretoria, Department of Economics.
- Luis Alberiko Gil-Alaña & Shinhye Chang & Mehmet Balcilar & Goodness C. Aye & Rangan Gupta, 2015. "Persistence of precious metal prices: a fractional integration approach with structural breaks," NCID Working Papers 06/2015, Navarra Center for International Development, University of Navarra.
- Saldarriaga-Isaza, Adrián & Arango, Santiago & Villegas-Palacio, Clara, 2015. "A behavioral model of collective action in artisanal and small-scale gold mining," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 112(C), pages 98-109.
- Arouri, Mohamed El Hedi & Hammoudeh, Shawkat & Lahiani, Amine & Nguyen, Duc Khuong, 2012.
"Long memory and structural breaks in modeling the return and volatility dynamics of precious metals,"
The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 52(2), pages 207-218.
- Mohamed El Hedi Arouri & Shawkat Hammoudeh & Amine Lahiani & Duc Khuong Nguyen, 2013. "Long memory and structural breaks in modeling the return and volatility dynamics of precious metals," Working Papers hal-00798033, HAL.
- repec:eee:ecolec:v:144:y:2018:i:c:p:1-11 is not listed on IDEAS
- Shen, Lei & Dai, Tao & Gunson, Aaron James, 2009. "Small-scale mining in China: Assessing recent advances in the policy and regulatory framework," Resources Policy, Elsevier, vol. 34(3), pages 150-157, September.
- Mehmet Balcilar & Zeynel Abidin Ozdemir, 2018. "The volatility effect on precious metals prices in a stochastic volatility in mean model with time-varying parameters," Working Papers 15-34, Eastern Mediterranean University, Department of Economics.
- Heemskerk, Marieke & Norton, Anastasia & de Dehn, Lise, 2004. "Does Public Welfare Crowd Out Informal Safety Nets? Ethnographic Evidence from Rural Latin America," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 32(6), pages 941-955, June.
- Hajkowicz, Stefan A. & Heyenga, Sonja & Moffat, Kieren, 2011. "The relationship between mining and socio-economic well being in Australia's regions," Resources Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(1), pages 30-38, March.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ecolec:v:39:y:2001:i:2:p:295-308. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/ecolecon .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.