Using Student Performance Data to Identify Effective Classroom Practices
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Daniel Aaronson & Lisa Barrow & William Sander, 2007.
"Teachers and Student Achievement in the Chicago Public High Schools,"
Journal of Labor Economics,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 25, pages 95-135.
- Daniel Aaronson & Lisa Barrow & William Sander, 2002. "Teachers and student achievement in the Chicago public high schools," Working Paper Series WP-02-28, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago.
- Jonah E. Rockoff, 2004. "The Impact of Individual Teachers on Student Achievement: Evidence from Panel Data," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 94(2), pages 247-252, May.
- Thomas J. Kane & Eric S. Taylor & John H. Tyler & Amy L. Wooten, 2010. "Identifying Effective Classroom Practices Using Student Achievement Data," NBER Working Papers 15803, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Sean Corcoran & Dan Goldhaber, 2013. "Value Added and Its Uses: Where You Stand Depends on Where You Sit," Education Finance and Policy, MIT Press, vol. 8(3), pages 418-434, July.
- Rockoff, Jonah E. & Speroni, Cecilia, 2011. "Subjective and objective evaluations of teacher effectiveness: Evidence from New York City," Labour Economics, Elsevier, vol. 18(5), pages 687-696, October.
- Braga, Michela & Paccagnella, Marco & Pellizzari, Michele, 2014.
"Evaluating students’ evaluations of professors,"
Economics of Education Review,
Elsevier, vol. 41(C), pages 71-88.
- Braga, Michela & Paccagnella, Marco & Pellizzari, Michele, 2011. "Evaluating Students' Evaluations of Professors," IZA Discussion Papers 5620, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Michela Braga & Marco Paccagnella & Michele Pellizzari, 2011. "Evaluating students' evaluations of professors," Temi di discussione (Economic working papers) 825, Bank of Italy, Economic Research and International Relations Area.
- Michela Braga & Marco Paccagnella & Michele Pellizzari, 2011. "Evaluating students’ evaluations of professors," Working Papers 384, IGIER (Innocenzo Gasparini Institute for Economic Research), Bocconi University.
- repec:aea:jecper:v:31:y:2017:i:4:p:185-204 is not listed on IDEAS
- Marc van der Steeg & Sander Gerritsen, 2013. "Teacher evaluations and pupil achievement: Evidence from classroom observations," CPB Discussion Paper 230, CPB Netherlands Bureau for Economic Policy Analysis.
- Bernhard Enzi, 2017. "The Effect of Pre-Service Cognitive and Pedagogical Teacher Skills on Student Achievement Gains: Evidence from German Entry Screening Exams," ifo Working Paper Series 243, ifo Institute - Leibniz Institute for Economic Research at the University of Munich.
- repec:mpr:mprres:7445 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:mpr:mprres:6941 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:mpr:mprres:7454 is not listed on IDEAS
- Douglas O. Staiger & Jonah E. Rockoff, 2010. "Searching for Effective Teachers with Imperfect Information," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 24(3), pages 97-118, Summer.
- Chingos, Matthew M. & West, Martin R., 2011. "Promotion and reassignment in public school districts: How do schools respond to differences in teacher effectiveness?," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 30(3), pages 419-433, June.
- Stephen Lipscomb & Hanley Chiang & Brian Gill, "undated". "Value-Added Estimates for Phase 1 of the Pennsylvania Teacher and Principal Evaluation Pilot," Mathematica Policy Research Reports dacd1fdea4354222868fb2fef, Mathematica Policy Research.
- Stephen Lipscomb & Bing-ru Teh & Brian Gill & Hanley Chiang & Antoniya Owens, "undated". "Teacher and Principal Value-Added: Research Findings and Implementation Practices," Mathematica Policy Research Reports b024faae6179407da5b887263, Mathematica Policy Research.
- Stephen Lipscomb & Hanley Chiang & Brian Gill, 2012. "Value-Added Estimates for Phase 1 of the Pennsylvania Teacher and Principal Evaluation Pilot," Mathematica Policy Research Reports 88151979a8a6469582f1bce32, Mathematica Policy Research.
More about this item
- I21 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Education - - - Analysis of Education
- J45 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Particular Labor Markets - - - Public Sector Labor Markets
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:aea:aecrev:v:100:y:2010:i:2:p:256-60. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Michael P. Albert). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/aeaaaea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.