Identifying Effective Classroom Practices Using Student Achievement Data
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Stephen W. Raudenbush, 2004. "What Are Value-Added Models Estimating and What Does This Imply for Statistical Practice?," Journal of Educational and Behavioral Statistics, , vol. 29(1), pages 121-129, March.
- Thomas J. Kane & Douglas O. Staiger, 2008. "Estimating Teacher Impacts on Student Achievement: An Experimental Evaluation," NBER Working Papers 14607, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Kane, Thomas J. & Rockoff, Jonah E. & Staiger, Douglas O., 2008.
"What does certification tell us about teacher effectiveness? Evidence from New York City,"
Economics of Education Review,
Elsevier, vol. 27(6), pages 615-631, December.
- Thomas J. Kane & Jonah E. Rockoff & Douglas O. Staiger, 2006. "What Does Certification Tell Us About Teacher Effectiveness? Evidence from New York City," NBER Working Papers 12155, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Petra E. Todd & Kenneth I. Wolpin, 2003. "On The Specification and Estimation of The Production Function for Cognitive Achievement," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 113(485), pages 3-33, February.
- Hanushek, Eric, 1971. "Teacher Characteristics and Gains in Student Achievement: Estimation Using Micro Data," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 61(2), pages 280-288, May.
- Cory Koedel & Julian R. Betts, 2011.
"Does Student Sorting Invalidate Value-Added Models of Teacher Effectiveness? An Extended Analysis of the Rothstein Critique,"
Education Finance and Policy,
MIT Press, vol. 6(1), pages 18-42, January.
- Cory Koedel & Julian Betts, 2009. "Does Student Sorting Invalidate Value-Added Models of Teacher Effectiveness? An Extended Analysis of the Rothstein Critique," Working Papers 0902, Department of Economics, University of Missouri.
- Daniel F. McCaffrey & J. R. Lockwood & Daniel Koretz & Thomas A. Louis & Laura Hamilton, 2004. "Models for Value-Added Modeling of Teacher Effects," Journal of Educational and Behavioral Statistics, , vol. 29(1), pages 67-101, March.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Sean Corcoran & Dan Goldhaber, 2013. "Value Added and Its Uses: Where You Stand Depends on Where You Sit," Education Finance and Policy, MIT Press, vol. 8(3), pages 418-434, July.
- Antecol, Heather & Eren, Ozkan & Ozbeklik, Serkan, 2013. "Peer Effects in Disadvantaged Primary Schools: Evidence from a Randomized Experiment," IZA Discussion Papers 7694, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Robert G. Valletta & K. Jody Hoff & Jane S. Lopus, 2014.
"Lost In Translation? Teacher Training And Outcomes In High School Economics Classes,"
Contemporary Economic Policy,
Western Economic Association International, vol. 32(4), pages 695-709, October.
- Valletta, Robert G. & Hoff, K. Jody & Lopus, Jane S., 2012. "Lost in Translation? Teacher Training and Outcomes in High School Economics Classes," IZA Discussion Papers 6402, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Robert G. Valletta & K. Jody Hoff & Jane S. Lopus, 2012. "Lost in translation? teacher training and outcomes in high school economics classes," Working Paper Series 2012-03, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco.
- Balch, Ryan & Springer, Matthew G., 2015. "Performance pay, test scores, and student learning objectives," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 44(C), pages 114-125.
- Elias Walsh & Stephen Lipscomb, 2013. "Classroom Observations from Phase 2 of the Pennsylvania Teacher Evaluation Pilot: Assessing Internal Consistency, Score Variation, and Relationships with Value Added," Mathematica Policy Research Reports a6b29a4a217f42a09d5206cfe, Mathematica Policy Research.
- Raj Chetty & John N. Friedman & Jonah E. Rockoff, 2011. "The Long-Term Impacts of Teachers: Teacher Value-Added and Student Outcomes in Adulthood," NBER Working Papers 17699, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Antecol, Heather & Eren, Ozkan & Ozbeklik, Serkan, 2012. "The Effect of Teacher Gender on Student Achievement in Primary School: Evidence from a Randomized Experiment," IZA Discussion Papers 6453, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- John H. Tyler & Eric S. Taylor & Thomas J. Kane & Amy L. Wooten, 2010. "Using Student Performance Data to Identify Effective Classroom Practices," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 100(2), pages 256-260, May.
- repec:mpr:mprres:7817 is not listed on IDEAS
- Allison Atteberry & Susanna Loeb & James Wyckoff, 2013. "Do First Impressions Matter? Improvement in Early Career Teacher Effectiveness," NBER Working Papers 19096, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Emiliana Vegas & Alejandro Ganimian, 2013.
"Theory and Evidence on Teacher Policies in Developed and Developing Countries,"
IDB Publications (Working Papers)
4597, Inter-American Development Bank.
- Vegas, E & Ganimian, A. J., 2013. "Theory and Evidence on Teacher Policies in Developed and Developing Countries," Working Paper 104291, Harvard University OpenScholar.
- Marc van der Steeg & Sander Gerritsen, 2013. "Teacher evaluations and pupil achievement: Evidence from classroom observations," CPB Discussion Paper 230, CPB Netherlands Bureau for Economic Policy Analysis.
- Sushmita Nalini Das, 2014. "Do "Child-Friendly" Practices affect Learning? Evidence from Rural India," DoQSS Working Papers 14-03, Department of Quantitative Social Science - UCL Institute of Education, University College London.
More about this item
- I21 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Education - - - Analysis of Education
- J45 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Particular Labor Markets - - - Public Sector Labor Markets
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:nbr:nberwo:15803. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: () or (Joanne Lustig). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/nberrus.html .