What Do Effective Teachers of Inner-City Children have in Common?
Download full text from publisher
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Harris, Douglas N. & Sass, Tim R., 2011.
"Teacher training, teacher quality and student achievement,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 95(7-8), pages 798-812, August.
- Harris, Douglas N. & Sass, Tim R., 2011. "Teacher training, teacher quality and student achievement," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 95(7), pages 798-812.
- Hanushek, Eric A. & Rivkin, Steven G. & Schiman, Jeffrey C., 2016.
"Dynamic effects of teacher turnover on the quality of instruction,"
Economics of Education Review,
Elsevier, vol. 55(C), pages 132-148.
- Eric Hanushek & Steven Rivkin & Jeffrey Schiman, 2016. "Dynamic Effects of Teacher Turnover on the Quality of Instruction," Working Papers id:11158, eSocialSciences.
- Eric A. Hanushek & Steven G. Rivkin & Jeffrey C. Schiman, 2016. "Dynamic Effects of Teacher Turnover on the Quality of Instruction," NBER Working Papers 22472, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Jennifer King Rice, 2013. "Learning from Experience? Evidence on the Impact and Distribution of Teacher Experience and the Implications for Teacher Policy," Education Finance and Policy, MIT Press, vol. 8(3), pages 332-348, July.
- Eric A. Hanushek & John F. Kain & Daniel M. O'Brien & Steven G. Rivkin, 2005. "The Market for Teacher Quality," NBER Working Papers 11154, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Robert G. Valletta & K. Jody Hoff & Jane S. Lopus, 2014.
"Lost In Translation? Teacher Training And Outcomes In High School Economics Classes,"
Contemporary Economic Policy,
Western Economic Association International, vol. 32(4), pages 695-709, October.
- Valletta, Robert G. & Hoff, K. Jody & Lopus, Jane S., 2012. "Lost in Translation? Teacher Training and Outcomes in High School Economics Classes," IZA Discussion Papers 6402, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- K. Jody Hoff & Jane S. Lopus & Robert G. Valletta, 2012. "Lost in translation? teacher training and outcomes in high school economics classes," Working Paper Series 2012-03, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco, revised 2012.
- Eric A. Hanushek & Steven G. Rivkin, 2010.
"Constrained Job Matching: Does Teacher Job Search Harm Disadvantaged Urban Schools?,"
NBER Working Papers
15816, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Eric Hanushek & Steven Rivkin, 2010. "Constrained Job Matching: Does Teacher Job Search Harm Disadvantaged Urban Schools?," Discussion Papers 09-011, Stanford Institute for Economic Policy Research.
- Metzler, Johannes & Woessmann, Ludger, 2012.
"The impact of teacher subject knowledge on student achievement: Evidence from within-teacher within-student variation,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 99(2), pages 486-496.
- Johannes Metzler & Ludger Woessmann, 2010. "The Impact of Teacher Subject Knowledge on Student Achievement: Evidence from Within-Teacher Within-Student Variation," CESifo Working Paper Series 3111, CESifo Group Munich.
- Metzler, Johannes & Woessmann, Ludger, 2010. "The Impact of Teacher Subject Knowledge on Student Achievement: Evidence from Within-Teacher Within-Student Variation," IZA Discussion Papers 4999, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Metzler, Johannes & Wößmann, Ludger, 2012. "The impact of teacher subject knowledge on student achievement: Evidence from within-teacher within-student variation," Munich Reprints in Economics 19216, University of Munich, Department of Economics.
- David Blazar, 2018. "Validating Teacher Effects on Students’ Attitudes and Behaviors: Evidence from Random Assignment of Teachers to Students," Education Finance and Policy, MIT Press, vol. 13(3), pages 281-309, Summer.
- Douglas Harris & Tim R. Sass, 2006. "The Effects of Teacher Training on Teacher Value Added," Working Papers wp_2006_03_01, Department of Economics, Florida State University.
- Linda Loubert, 2005. "Discrimination in education financing," The Review of Black Political Economy, Springer;National Economic Association, vol. 32(3), pages 17-27, March.
- Stinebrickner, Todd R, 2001. "A Dynamic Model of Teacher Labor Supply," Journal of Labor Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 19(1), pages 196-230, January.
- Àlexandr Knobel & Ilya Sokolov & Elizaveta Khudko, 2011. "The Impact of State Expenditure on the Quality of General Education in Russia," Research Paper Series, Gaidar Institute for Economic Policy, issue 152P.
- Bietenbeck, Jan, 2014. "Teaching practices and cognitive skills," Labour Economics, Elsevier, vol. 30(C), pages 143-153.
- Johan Coenen & Ilja Cornelisz & Wim Groot & Henriette Maassen van den Brink & Chris Van Klaveren, 2018. "Teacher Characteristics And Their Effects On Student Test Scores: A Systematic Review," Journal of Economic Surveys, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 32(3), pages 848-877, July.
- Changhui Kang, 2007. "Academic interactions among classroom peers: a cross-country comparison using TIMSS," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 39(12), pages 1531-1544.
More about this item
KeywordsEffective Teachers; Inner-City Children; Education;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:mpr:mprres:b0614b2fa4ae4eae82cec19fb5c12ce3. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joanne Pfleiderer) or (Cindy George). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/mathius.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.