Dummy Variables: Mechanics v. Interpretation
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Dilaka Lathapipat, 2008. "The Changing Educational Distribution and its Impact on the Evolution of Wages in Thailand, 1987-2006," EABER Working Papers 21951, East Asian Bureau of Economic Research.
- Yaguchi, Yu, 1994. "A panel data approach to the intercountry metaproduction function," ISU General Staff Papers 1994010108000018181, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- João Amador & Arne J. Nagengast, 2015.
"The Effect of Bank Shocks on Firm-Level and Aggregate Investment,"
w201515, Banco de Portugal, Economics and Research Department.
- Amador, João & Nagengast, Arne J., 2016. "The effect of bank shocks on firm-level and aggregate investment," Discussion Papers 20/2016, Deutsche Bundesbank.
- Amador, João & Nagengast, Arne J., 2016. "The effect of bank shocks on firm-level and aggregate investment," Working Paper Series 1914, European Central Bank.
- Carlos Gradín, 2012.
"Poverty among minorities in the United States: explaining the racial poverty gap for Blacks and Latinos,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 44(29), pages 3793-3804, October.
- Carlos Gradin, 2008. "Poverty among minorities in the United States: Explaining the racial poverty gap for Blacks and Latinos," Working Papers 96, ECINEQ, Society for the Study of Economic Inequality.
- Carlos Gradín, 2011. "Poverty among minorities in the United States: Explaining the racial poverty gap for Blacks and Latinos," Post-Print hal-00712378, HAL.
- Kubler, Dorothea & Muller, Wieland, 2002.
"Simultaneous and sequential price competition in heterogeneous duopoly markets: experimental evidence,"
International Journal of Industrial Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 20(10), pages 1437-1460, December.
- Kübler, Dorothea & Müller, Wieland, 2001. "Simultaneous and sequential price competition in heterogeneous duopoly markets: Experimental evidence," SFB 373 Discussion Papers 2001,97, Humboldt University of Berlin, Interdisciplinary Research Project 373: Quantification and Simulation of Economic Processes.
- Kübler, D. & Müller, W., 2002. "Simultaneous and sequential price competition on heterogeneous duopoly markets : Experimental evidence," Other publications TiSEM f2d9029e-d44e-48af-8187-f, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Gugler, Klaus & Mueller, Dennis C. & Yurtoglu, B. Burcin & Zulehner, Christine, 2003.
"The effects of mergers: an international comparison,"
International Journal of Industrial Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 21(5), pages 625-653, May.
- Klaus Gugler & Dennis C. Mueller & B. Burcin Yurtoglu & Christine Zulehner, 2001. "The Effects of Mergers: An International Comparison," CIG Working Papers FS IV 01-21, Wissenschaftszentrum Berlin (WZB), Research Unit: Competition and Innovation (CIG).
- Franc Klaassen & Rutger Teulings, 2015. "Untangling Fixed Effects and Constant Regressors," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 15-137/VI, Tinbergen Institute.
- Cyree, Ken B., 2000. "The erosion of the Glass-Steagall Act:: Winners and losers in the banking industry," Journal of Economics and Business, Elsevier, vol. 52(4), pages 343-363.
- Hildenbrand, Andreas, 2013.
"Is a firm a firm? A Stackelberg experiment,"
Economics - The Open-Access, Open-Assessment E-Journal,
Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW), vol. 7, pages 1-26.
- Andreas Hildenbrand, 2012. "Is a “Firm” a Firm? A Stackelberg Experiment," MAGKS Papers on Economics 201229, Philipps-Universität Marburg, Faculty of Business Administration and Economics, Department of Economics (Volkswirtschaftliche Abteilung).
- Hildenbrand, Andreas, 2012. "Is a "firm" a firm? A Stackelberg experiment," Economics Discussion Papers 2012-53, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
- Carlos Gradin, 2009.
"Why is Poverty So High Among Afro-Brazilians? A Decomposition Analysis of the Racial Poverty Gap,"
Journal of Development Studies,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 45(9), pages 1426-1452.
- Gradín, Carlos, 2007. "Why Is Poverty So High Among Afro-Brazilians? A Decomposition Analysis of the Racial Poverty Gap," IZA Discussion Papers 2809, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Dusan Isakov & Frédéric Sonney, 2004.
"Are Practitioners Right? On the Relative Importance of Industrial Factors in International Stock Returns,"
Swiss Journal of Economics and Statistics (SJES),
Swiss Society of Economics and Statistics (SSES), vol. 140(III), pages 355-379, September.
- Dušan Isakov & Frédéric Sonney, 2003. "Are practitioners right? On the relative importance of industrial factors in international stock returns," FAME Research Paper Series rp72, International Center for Financial Asset Management and Engineering.
- Dennis C. Mueller & B. Burcin Yurtoglu, 2000. "Country Legal Environments and Corporate Investment Performance," German Economic Review, Verein für Socialpolitik, vol. 1(2), pages 187-220, May.
- Flavin, Thomas J., 2004.
"The effect of the Euro on country versus industry portfolio diversification,"
Journal of International Money and Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 23(7-8), pages 1137-1158.
- Thomas Flavin, 2004. "The effect of the Euro on country versus industry portfolio diversification," Economics, Finance and Accounting Department Working Paper Series n1411004, Department of Economics, Finance and Accounting, National University of Ireland - Maynooth.
- Gabriele Pellegrino, 2015.
"Barriers to Innovation: Can Firm Age Help Lower Them?,"
SPRU Working Paper Series
2015-33, SPRU - Science and Technology Policy Research, University of Sussex.
- Gabriele Pellegrino, 2015. "Barriers to innovation: can firm age help lower them?," Working Papers 2015/3, Institut d'Economia de Barcelona (IEB).
- Yun, Myeong-Su, 2006. "Revisiting Inter-Industry Wage Differentials and the Gender Wage Gap: An Identification Problem," IZA Discussion Papers 2427, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Donald F. Vitaliano & Gregory Stella, 2003. "The Thrift Industry and the Community Reinvestment Act: Assessing the Cost of Social Responsibility," Rensselaer Working Papers in Economics 0312, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, Department of Economics.
- Richard Mussa, 2013.
"Rural--urban differences in parental spending on children's primary education in Malawi,"
Development Southern Africa,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 30(6), pages 789-811, December.
- Mussa, Richard, 2009. "Rural-urban differences in parental spending on children's primary education in Malawi," MPRA Paper 16090, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Richard Mussa, 2010. "Rural-Urban Differences in Parental Spending on Children’s Primary Education in Malawi," SALDRU Working Papers 49, Southern Africa Labour and Development Research Unit, University of Cape Town.
- Schoolman, Ethan D. & Ma, Chunbo, 2012.
"Migration, class and environmental inequality: Exposure to pollution in China's Jiangsu Province,"
Elsevier, vol. 75(C), pages 140-151.
- Schoolman, Ethan D. & Ma, Chunbo, 2011. "Towards a General Theory of Environmental Inequality: Social Characteristics of Townships and the Distribution of Pollution in China’s Jiangsu Province," Working Papers 117809, University of Western Australia, School of Agricultural and Resource Economics.
- Bodo E. Steiner, 2004. "Australian wines in the British wine market: A hedonic price analysis," Agribusiness, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 20(3), pages 287-307.
- Andrew J. Cassey, 2014. "The Location of US States' Overseas Offices," Review of International Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 22(2), pages 310-325, May.
- Guth, Werner & Muller, Wieland & Spiegel, Yossi, 2006.
"Noisy leadership: An experimental approach,"
Games and Economic Behavior,
Elsevier, vol. 57(1), pages 37-62, October.
- Wieland Müller & Yossi Spiegel & Werner Güth, "undated". "Noisy leadership: An experimental approach," Papers on Strategic Interaction 2002-10, Max Planck Institute of Economics, Strategic Interaction Group.
- Güth, W. & Müller, W. & Spiegel, Y., 2006. "Noisy leadership : An experimental approach," Other publications TiSEM e4796461-8862-4085-a867-8, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Jenny N. Lye & Joseph G. Hirschberg, 2002. "Tests of Inference for Dummy Variables in Regressions with Logarithmic Transformed Dependent Variables," Department of Economics - Working Papers Series 852, The University of Melbourne.
- Samantha Heslop & Simone Varotto, 2007. "Admissions of International Graduate Students: Art or Science? A Business School Experience," ICMA Centre Discussion Papers in Finance icma-dp2007-08, Henley Business School, Reading University.
- Ornaghi, Carmine & Castiglionesi, Fabio, 2009. "On the determinants of TFP growth: evidence from Spanish manufacturing firms," Discussion Paper Series In Economics And Econometrics 912, Economics Division, School of Social Sciences, University of Southampton.
- Edward Oczkowski, 1994.
"A Hedonic Price Function For Australian Premium Table Wine,"
Australian Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics,
Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 38(1), pages 93-110, April.
- Oczkowski, Edward A., 1994. "A Hedonic Price Function For Australian Premium Table Wine," Australian Journal of Agricultural Economics, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 38(01), April.
- Oczkowski, Edward A., 1993. "A Hedonic Price Function for Australian Premium Table Wine," 1993 Conference (37th), February 9-11, 1993, Sydney, Australia 147769, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society.
- Ma, Chunbo, 2010. "Who bears the environmental burden in China--An analysis of the distribution of industrial pollution sources?," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 69(9), pages 1869-1876, July.
- Ben Jann, 2008.
"A Stata implementation of the Blinder-Oaxaca decomposition,"
ETH Zurich Sociology Working Papers
5, ETH Zurich, Chair of Sociology, revised 14 May 2008.
- Ben Jann, 2008. "OAXACA: Stata module to compute the Blinder-Oaxaca decomposition," Statistical Software Components S456936, Boston College Department of Economics, revised 25 Aug 2011.
- Pierre Mohnen & Jacques Mairesse & Marcel Dagenais, 2006.
"Innovativity: A comparison across seven European countries,"
Economics of Innovation and New Technology,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 15(4-5), pages 391-413.
- Pierre Mohen & Jacques Mairesse & Marcel Dagenais, 2006. "Innovativity : A Comparison Across Seven European Countries," Working Papers 2006-15, Center for Research in Economics and Statistics.
- Pierre Mohnen & Jacques Mairesse & Marcel Dagenais, 2006. "Innovativity: A Comparison Across Seven European Countries," NBER Working Papers 12280, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Mohnen, Pierre & Mairesse, Jacques & Dagenais, Marcel, 2006. "Innovativity: A comparison across seven European countries," MERIT Working Papers 027, United Nations University - Maastricht Economic and Social Research Institute on Innovation and Technology (MERIT).
- Pierre Mohnen & Jacques Mairesse & Marcel Dagenais, 2006. "Innovativity: A Comparison Across Seven European Countries," CIRANO Working Papers 2006s-11, CIRANO.
- Tadashi Kikuchi, 2014. "Vietnamese Inter – regional labor migration: system approach to the modeling 1989, 1999, 2009," EcoMod2014 6998, EcoMod.
- Ira N. Gang & Robert C. Stuart & Myeong-Su Yun, 2006. "Wage Growth and Inequality Change During Rapid Economic Transition," Departmental Working Papers 200631, Rutgers University, Department of Economics.
- Di Mauro, Francesca, 2000. "Economic Integration Between The Eu And The Ceecs: A Sectoral Study," ERSA conference papers ersa00p358, European Regional Science Association.
- Sanders Korenman & David Neumark, 2000.
"Cohort Crowding and Youth Labor Markets (A Cross-National Analysis),"
NBER Chapters,in: Youth Employment and Joblessness in Advanced Countries, pages 57-106
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Sanders Korenman & David Neumark, 1997. "Cohort Crowding and Youth Labor Markets: A Cross-National Analysis," NBER Working Papers 6031, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Lourdes Moreno Martín & Diego Rodríguez, 1998. "Efectos de la inversión extranjera directa en los flujos comerciales de las empresas," Investigaciones Economicas, Fundación SEPI, vol. 22(2), pages 179-199, May.
- Yun, Myeong-Su, 2005. "Normalized Equation and Decomposition Analysis: Computation and Inference," IZA Discussion Papers 1822, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Zanchi, Luisa, 1998. "Interindustry wage differentials in dummy variable models," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 60(3), pages 297-301, September.
- Aguilar, Francisco X. & Cai, Zhen & Mohebalian, Phillip & Thompson, Wyatt, 2015. "Exploring the drivers' side of the “blend wall”: U.S. consumer preferences for ethanol blend fuels," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 49(C), pages 217-226.
- Santos José O. Dacanay III, 2010. "The evolution of cost and profit efficiency of Philippine commercial banks," Philippine Review of Economics, University of the Philippines School of Economics and Philippine Economic Society, vol. 47(1), pages 109-146, June.
- Dragan Miljkovic & Gary Brester & John Marsh, 2003. "Exchange rate pass-through, price discrimination, and US meat export prices," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 35(6), pages 641-650.
- Kevin Reilly & Luisa Zanchi, 2002. "Industry Wage Differentials: How Many, Big and Significant Are They?," Labor and Demography 0209001, EconWPA.
- Cirer-Costa, Joan Carles, 2017.
"Estrategias de fijación y ofuscación de precios en los hoteles de sol y playa
[Pricing and obfuscation strategies for sun and beach hotels]," MPRA Paper 81823, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Meng, Xin & Kidd, Michael P., 1997. "Labor Market Reform and the Changing Structure of Wage Determination in China's State Sector during the 1980s," Journal of Comparative Economics, Elsevier, vol. 25(3), pages 403-421, December.
- James Bugden, 2014. "Quality-Adjusted Repeat-Sale House Price Indices," Working Papers 2014.01, School of Economics, La Trobe University.
- Steiner, Bodo E., 2002. "The Valuation Of Labelling Attributes In A Wine Market," 2002 Annual meeting, July 28-31, Long Beach, CA 19718, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Ben Jann, 2008. "The Blinder–Oaxaca decomposition for linear regression models," Stata Journal, StataCorp LP, vol. 8(4), pages 453-479, December.
- repec:gam:jgames:v:7:y:2016:i:1:p:5:d:63022 is not listed on IDEAS
- Toomet, Ott & Van Der Leij, Marco & Rolfe, Meredith, 2013.
"Social networks and labor market inequality between ethnicities and races,"
Cambridge University Press, vol. 1(03), pages 321-352, December.
- Ott Toomet & Marco van der Leij & Meredith Rolfe, 2012. "Social Networks and Labor Market Inequality between Ethnicities and Races," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 12-120/II, Tinbergen Institute.
- J. Hirschberg & J. Lye & D.J. Slottje, 2005. "Alernative Forms for Restricted Regressions," Department of Economics - Working Papers Series 954, The University of Melbourne.
- Spurlin, W. Paul & Van Ness, Bonnie F. & Van Ness, Robert A., 2008. "Open volume and time to open on option-expiration days," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 17(2), pages 245-257.
- Ira N. Gang & Kunal Sen & Myeong-Su Yun, 2008. "Poverty In Rural India: Caste And Tribe," Review of Income and Wealth, International Association for Research in Income and Wealth, vol. 54(1), pages 50-70, March.
- Georgios Fotopoulos & Dimitris Kallioras & George Petrakos, 2010. "Spatial variations of Greek manufacturing employment growth: The effects of specialization and international trade," Papers in Regional Science, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 89(1), pages 109-133, March.
- repec:spr:joevec:v:28:y:2018:i:1:d:10.1007_s00191-017-0538-0 is not listed on IDEAS
- Daniel A. Powers & Hirotoshi Yoshioka & Myeong-Su Yun, 2011. "mvdcmp: Multivariate decomposition for nonlinear response models," Stata Journal, StataCorp LP, vol. 11(4), pages 556-576, December.
- Hooy, Chee-Wooi & Lee, Meng-Horng & Chong, Terence Tai Leung, 2017. "The Sources of Country and Industry Variations in ASEAN Stock Returns," MPRA Paper 80574, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Miljkovic, Dragan, 2004. "Agricultural trade, commodity programs, and income protection in the United States," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 26(1), pages 41-46, January.
- Wang, Chaug-Jung & Lee, Chien-Hui & Huang, Bwo-Nung, 2003. "An analysis of industry and country effects in global stock returns: evidence from Asian countries and the U.S," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 43(3), pages 560-577.
- Andrea Robbett & Michael K. Graham & Peter Hans Matthews, 2016. "Revenue Implications of Strategic and External Auction Risk," Games, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 7(1), pages 1-18, January.
- Dietrich Earnhart & Lubomir Lizal, 2010. "Pollution Control in a Transition Economy: Do Firms Face Economies and/or Diseconomies of Scale?," CERGE-EI Working Papers wp405, The Center for Economic Research and Graduate Education - Economics Institute, Prague.
- Wang, Lili & Lu, Wei & Malhotra, Naresh K., 2011. "Demographics, attitude, personality and credit card features correlate with credit card debt: A view from China," Journal of Economic Psychology, Elsevier, vol. 32(1), pages 179-193, February.
- Andrea Vaona, 2011. "Further econometric evidence on the gravitation and convergence of industrial rates of return on regulating capital," Working Papers 08/2011, University of Verona, Department of Economics.
- Timothy J. Bartik, 1997. "Short-Term Employment Persistence for Welfare Recipients: The "Effects" of Wages, Industry, Occupation and Firm," Upjohn Working Papers and Journal Articles 97-46, W.E. Upjohn Institute for Employment Research.
- Joseph A. Atwood & James F. Robison-Cox & Saleem Shaik, 2006. "Estimating the Prevalence and Cost of Yield-Switching Fraud in the Federal Crop Insurance Program," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 88(2), pages 365-381.
- Héctor Pifarre i Arolas, 2016. "A note on the relative importance of demographic metabolism: the case of trust," MPIDR Working Papers WP-2016-003, Max Planck Institute for Demographic Research, Rostock, Germany.
- Hamblin, David & Iyer, Arun, 1996. "What difference does your industry make?," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 43(2-3), pages 155-174, June.