Tests of Inference for Dummy Variables in Regressions with Logarithmic Transformed Dependent Variables
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Timothy J. Bartik & V. Kerry Smith, 1996. "Urban Amenities and Public Policy," Book chapters authored by Upjohn Institute researchers,in: V. Kerry Smith (ed.), Estimating Economic Values for Nature: Methods for Non-Market Valuation, pages 271-318 W.E. Upjohn Institute for Employment Research.
- Suits, Daniel B, 1984. "Dummy Variables: Mechanics v. Interpretation," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 66(1), pages 177-180, February.
- Giles, David E. A., 1982. "The interpretation of dummy variables in semilogarithmic equations : Unbiased estimation," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 10(1-2), pages 77-79.
- Hirschberg, J. & Lye, J.N., 1999. "Wages and Alcohol Consumption, Smoking, Weight Gain and Exercising: Evidence on Australian Men and Women," Department of Economics - Working Papers Series 684, The University of Melbourne.
- Rosen, Sherwin, 1974. "Hedonic Prices and Implicit Markets: Product Differentiation in Pure Competition," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 82(1), pages 34-55, Jan.-Feb..
- Hayes, K.J. & Hirschberg, J. & Lye, J. & Taylor, L.L., 1999. "Multivariate Generated Regressors and Heteroskedasticity in a Cross-Section: an Application to the Value of Neighborhood Schools," Department of Economics - Working Papers Series 692, The University of Melbourne.
- Jeff Borland & Joseph Hirschberg & Jenny Lye, 2004.
"Computer knowledge and earnings: evidence for Australia,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 36(17), pages 1979-1993.
- Borland, J & Hirschberg, J & Lye, J, 1997. "Computer Knowledge and Earnings : Evidence for Australia," Department of Economics - Working Papers Series 571, The University of Melbourne.
- Kennedy, Peter E, 1981. "Estimation with Correctly Interpreted Dummy Variables in Semilogarithmic Equations [The Interpretation of Dummy Variables in Semilogarithmic Equations]," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 71(4), pages 801-801, September.
- Halvorsen, Robert & Palmquist, Raymond, 1980. "The Interpretation of Dummy Variables in Semilogarithmic Equations," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 70(3), pages 474-475, June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Davor Kunovac & Enes Đozović & Gorana Lukinić & Andreja Pufnik, 2008. "Use of the Hedonic Method to Calculate an Index of Real Estate Prices in Croatia," Working Papers 19, The Croatian National Bank, Croatia.
- Patrick Georges & Aylin Seçkin, 2013. "Black notes and white noise: a hedonic approach to auction prices of classical music manuscripts," Journal of Cultural Economics, Springer;The Association for Cultural Economics International, vol. 37(1), pages 33-60, February.
- Patrick Georges & Aylin Seçkin, 2012. "Auction Prices of Classical Music Manuscripts – A Hedonic Approach," Working Papers 1202E, University of Ottawa, Department of Economics.
More about this item
KeywordsHypothesis tests; lognormal distribution; measures of proportional change; wage equation; hedonic price model;
- C12 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - Hypothesis Testing: General
- C21 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - Cross-Sectional Models; Spatial Models; Treatment Effect Models
- R15 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - General Regional Economics - - - Econometric and Input-Output Models; Other Methods
- J31 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Wages, Compensation, and Labor Costs - - - Wage Level and Structure; Wage Differentials
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:mlb:wpaper:852. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Muntasha Meemnun Khan). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/demelau.html .