On the use of Hedonic Regression Models to Measure the Effect of Energy Efficiency on Residential Property Transaction Prices: Evidence for Portugal and Selected Data Issues
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Stephen T. Ziliak & Deirdre N. McCloskey, 2004.
"Size Matters: The Standard Error of Regressions in the American Economic Review,"
Econ Journal Watch, Econ Journal Watch, vol. 1(2), pages 331-358, August.
- Ziliak, Stephen T. & McCloskey, Deirdre N., 2004. "Size matters: the standard error of regressions in the American Economic Review," Journal of Behavioral and Experimental Economics (formerly The Journal of Socio-Economics), Elsevier, vol. 33(5), pages 527-546, November.
- Kiel, Katherine A. & Zabel, Jeffrey E., 2008.
"Location, location, location: The 3L Approach to house price determination,"
Journal of Housing Economics, Elsevier, vol. 17(2), pages 175-190, June.
- Katherine Kiel & Jeffrey Zabel, 2004. "Location, location, location: The 3L Approach to house price determination," Working Papers 0415, College of the Holy Cross, Department of Economics.
- Jeffrey Zabel & Katherine Kiel, 2004. "Location, Location, Location: The 3L Approach to House Price Determination," Working Papers 04-06, Center for Economic Studies, U.S. Census Bureau.
- Wooldridge, Jeffrey M., 1991. "On the application of robust, regression- based diagnostics to models of conditional means and conditional variances," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 47(1), pages 5-46, January.
- Esmeralda A. Ramalho & Joaquim J. S. Ramalho & Rui Evangelista, 2017. "Combining micro and macro data in hedonic price indexes," Statistical Methods & Applications, Springer;Società Italiana di Statistica, vol. 26(2), pages 317-332, June.
- Hyland, Marie & Lyons, Ronan C. & Lyons, Seán, 2013.
"The value of domestic building energy efficiency — evidence from Ireland,"
Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 40(C), pages 943-952.
- Ronan C. Lyons & Marie Hyland & Sean Lyonso, 2012. "The value of domestic building energy efficiency - evidence from Ireland," Economics Series Working Papers 614, University of Oxford, Department of Economics.
- Hyland, Marie & Lyons, Ronan C. & Lyons, Seán, 2014. "The Value of Domestic Building Energy Efficiency – Evidence from Ireland," Papers RB2014/1/3, Economic and Social Research Institute (ESRI).
- Miranowski, John & Dinan, T., 1989. "Estimating the Implicit Price of Energy Efficiency Improvement in the Residential Housing Market: A Hedonic Approach," Staff General Research Papers Archive 10698, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Kees Jan Van Garderen & Chandra Shah, 2002. "Exact interpretation of dummy variables in semilogarithmic equations," Econometrics Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 5(1), pages 149-159, June.
- Zheng, Siqi & Wu, Jing & Kahn, Matthew E. & Deng, Yongheng, 2012. "The nascent market for “green” real estate in Beijing," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 56(5), pages 974-984.
- Ana Ramos & Alicia Pérez-Alonso & Susana Silva, 2015. "Valuing Energy Performance Certificates in the Portuguese Residential," Working Papers 02-2015, Economics for Energy.
- Dinan, Terry M. & Miranowski, John A., 1989. "Estimating the implicit price of energy efficiency improvements in the residential housing market: A hedonic approach," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 25(1), pages 52-67, January.
- Fuerst, Franz & Warren-Myers, Georgia, 2018. "Does voluntary disclosure create a green lemon problem? Energy-efficiency ratings and house prices," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 74(C), pages 1-12.
- Cropper, Maureen L & Deck, Leland B & McConnell, Kenneth E, 1988. "On the Choice of Functional Form for Hedonic Price Functions," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 70(4), pages 668-675, November.
- Fesselmeyer, Eric, 2018. "The value of green certification in the Singapore housing market," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 163(C), pages 36-39.
- Colwell, Peter F, 1993. "Comment: Semiparametric Estimates of the Marginal Price of Floorspace," The Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics, Springer, vol. 7(1), pages 73-75, July.
- Rosen, Sherwin, 1974. "Hedonic Prices and Implicit Markets: Product Differentiation in Pure Competition," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 82(1), pages 34-55, Jan.-Feb..
- Fuerst, Franz & McAllister, Patrick & Nanda, Anupam & Wyatt, Peter, 2015. "Does energy efficiency matter to home-buyers? An investigation of EPC ratings and transaction prices in England," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 48(C), pages 145-156.
- de Ayala, Amaia & Galarraga, Ibon & Spadaro, Joseph V., 2016.
"The price of energy efficiency in the Spanish housing market,"
Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 94(C), pages 16-24.
- Amaia de Ayala & Ibon Galarraga & Joseph V. Spadaro, 2015. "The price of energy efficiency in the Spanish housing market," Working Papers 2015-02, BC3.
- Ronan C. Lyons & Sean Lyons & Sarah Stanley, 2015. "The Price Effect of Building Energy Ratings in the Dublin Residential Market," Trinity Economics Papers tep0415, Trinity College Dublin, Department of Economics.
- Fuerst, Franz & Oikarinen, Elias & Harjunen, Oskari, 2016. "Green signalling effects in the market for energy-efficient residential buildings," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 180(C), pages 560-571.
- Jiro Yoshida & Ayako Sugiura, 2015. "The Effects of Multiple Green Factors on Condominium Prices," The Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics, Springer, vol. 50(3), pages 412-437, April.
- Halvorsen, Robert & Palmquist, Raymond, 1980. "The Interpretation of Dummy Variables in Semilogarithmic Equations," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 70(3), pages 474-475, June.
- Brounen, Dirk & Kok, Nils, 2011. "On the economics of energy labels in the housing market," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 62(2), pages 166-179, September.
- Jensen, Ole Michael & Hansen, Anders Rhiger & Kragh, Jesper, 2016. "Market response to the public display of energy performance rating at property sales," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 93(C), pages 229-235.
- Mingfeng Lin & Henry C. Lucas & Galit Shmueli, 2013. "Research Commentary ---Too Big to Fail: Large Samples and the p -Value Problem," Information Systems Research, INFORMS, vol. 24(4), pages 906-917, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Federico Dell’Anna & Marina Bravi & Carlos Marmolejo-Duarte & Marta Carla Bottero & Ai Chen, 2019. "EPC Green Premium in Two Different European Climate Zones: A Comparative Study between Barcelona and Turin," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 11(20), pages 1-1, October.
More about this item
KeywordsPortugal; energy efficiency; residential property market; hedonic price models; cross-country comparisons;
- C51 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric Modeling - - - Model Construction and Estimation
- C55 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric Modeling - - - Large Data Sets: Modeling and Analysis
- C81 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Data Collection and Data Estimation Methodology; Computer Programs - - - Methodology for Collecting, Estimating, and Organizing Microeconomic Data; Data Access
- Q41 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Energy - - - Demand and Supply; Prices
- R21 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Household Analysis - - - Housing Demand
- R30 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Real Estate Markets, Spatial Production Analysis, and Firm Location - - - General
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ise:remwps:wp0642019. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sandra Araújo). General contact details of provider: https://rem.rc.iseg.ulisboa.pt/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.