Augmenting Housing Sales Data to Improve Hedonic Estimates of Golf Courses
Hedonic price modeling quantified the impact of golf course frontage on single-family housing prices at 20 different golf courses across the Midwestern City of Omaha, Nebraska. Geographic information system analyses tripled a sample of golf frontage sales which allowed courses to be valued by detailed access and ownership types, and for 15 individual courses. Private-non-equity courses had the greatest impact on adjacent housing prices (28%) followed by public courses (15%), municipal courses (9%) and private-equity courses (5%). However, a wide range of price impacts across individual courses was noted which indicates the benefits of conducting course specific analyses.
Volume (Year): 31 (2009)
Issue (Month): 1 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: American Real Estate Society Clemson University School of Business & Behavioral Science Department of Finance 401 Sirrine Hall Clemson, SC 29634-1323|
Web page: http://www.aresnet.org/
|Order Information:|| Postal: Diane Quarles American Real Estate Society Manager of Member Services Clemson University Box 341323 Clemson, SC 29634-1323|
Web: http://pages.jh.edu/jrer/about/get.htm Email:
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Espey, Molly & Owusu-Edusei, Kwame, 2001. "Neighborhood Parks And Residential Property Values In Greenville, South Carolina," Journal of Agricultural and Applied Economics, Southern Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 33(03), December.
- Halvorsen, Robert & Palmquist, Raymond, 1980. "The Interpretation of Dummy Variables in Semilogarithmic Equations," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 70(3), pages 474-75, June.
- Palmquist, Raymond B, 1984. "Estimating the Demand for the Characteristics of Housing," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 66(3), pages 394-404, August.
- Su Han Chan & Shin-Hering Michelle Chu & George H. Lentz & Ko Wang, 1998. "Intra-Project Externality and Layout Variables in Residential Condominium Appraisals," Journal of Real Estate Research, American Real Estate Society, vol. 15(2), pages 131-146.
- Rosen, Sherwin, 1974. "Hedonic Prices and Implicit Markets: Product Differentiation in Pure Competition," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 82(1), pages 34-55, Jan.-Feb..
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:jre:issued:v:31:n:1:2009:p:63-80. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (JRER Graduate Assistant/Webmaster)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.