The Effect of Ethanol Plants on Residential Property Values: Evidence from Michigan
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Gardner Bruce, 2007. "Fuel Ethanol Subsidies and Farm Price Support," Journal of Agricultural & Food Industrial Organization, De Gruyter, vol. 5(2), pages 1-22, December.
- repec:oup:revage:v:27:y:2005:i:2:p:164-180. is not listed on IDEAS
- Joseph A. Herriges & Silvia Secchik & JBruce A. Babcock, 2005.
"Living with Hogs in Iowa: The Impact of Livestock Facilities on Rural Residential Property Values,"
University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 81(4).
- Herriges, Joseph A. & Secchi, Silvia & Babcock, Bruce A., 2003. "Living with Hogs in Iowa: The Impact of Livestock Facilities on Rural Residential Property Values," Staff General Research Papers Archive 10683, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Herriges, Joseph A. & Secchi, Silvia & Babcock, Bruce A., 2005. "Living with Hogs in Iowa: The Impact of Livestock Facilities on Rural Residential Property Values," ISU General Staff Papers 200511010800001363, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Joseph A. Herriges & Silvia Secchi & Bruce A. Babcock, 2003. "Living with Hogs in Iowa: The Impact of Livestock Facilities on Rural Residential Property Values," Center for Agricultural and Rural Development (CARD) Publications 03-wp342, Center for Agricultural and Rural Development (CARD) at Iowa State University.
- Harrison, David Jr. & Rubinfeld, Daniel L., 1978. "Hedonic housing prices and the demand for clean air," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 5(1), pages 81-102, March.
- Turnquist, Alan & Fortenbery, T. Randall & Foltz, Jeremy D., 2008. "Progress or Devastation? The Effects of Ethanol Plant Location on Local Land Use," 2008 Annual Meeting, July 27-29, 2008, Orlando, Florida 6125, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Raymond B. Palmquist & Leon E. Danielson, 1989. "A Hedonic Study of the Effects of Erosion Control and Drainage on Farmland Values," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 71(1), pages 55-62.
- Robert Hahn & Caroline Cecot, 2009. "The benefits and costs of ethanol: an evaluation of the government’s analysis," Journal of Regulatory Economics, Springer, vol. 35(3), pages 275-295, June.
- McMillen, Daniel P & Thorsnes, Paul, 2003. "The Aroma of Tacoma: Time-Varying Average Derivatives and the Effect of a Superfund Site on House Prices," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 21(2), pages 237-246, April.
- Raymond B. Palmquist & Fritz M. Roka & Tomislav Vukina, 1997.
"Hog Operations, Environmental Effects, and Residential Property Values,"
University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 73(1), pages 114-124.
- Raymond B. Palmquist & Fritz M. Roka & Tomislav Vukina, "undated". "Hog Operations, Environmental Effects, and Residential Property Values," Working Paper Series 12, North Carolina State University, Department of Economics.
- Nelson, Jon P., 1978. "Residential choice, hedonic prices, and the demand for urban air quality," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 5(3), pages 357-369, July.
- Chad Cotti & Mark Skidmore, 2010. "The Impact of State Government Subsidies and Tax Credits in an Emerging Industry: Ethanol Production 1980–2007," Southern Economic Journal, Southern Economic Association, vol. 76(4), pages 1076-1093, April.
- Halvorsen, Robert & Palmquist, Raymond, 1980. "The Interpretation of Dummy Variables in Semilogarithmic Equations," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 70(3), pages 474-475, June.
- Searchinger, Timothy & Heimlich, Ralph & Houghton, R. A. & Dong, Fengxia & Elobeid, Amani & Fabiosa, Jacinto F. & Tokgoz, Simla & Hayes, Dermot J. & Yu, Hun-Hsiang, 2008. "Use of U.S. Croplands for Biofuels Increases Greenhouse Gases Through Emissions from Land-Use Change," Staff General Research Papers Archive 12881, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Brasington, David M. & Hite, Diane, 2005.
"Demand for environmental quality: a spatial hedonic analysis,"
Regional Science and Urban Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 35(1), pages 57-82, January.
- David Brasington & D. Hite, 2003. "Demand for Environmental Quality: A Spatial Hedonic Analysis," Departmental Working Papers 2003-02, Department of Economics, Louisiana State University.
- Rosen, Sherwin, 1974. "Hedonic Prices and Implicit Markets: Product Differentiation in Pure Competition," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 82(1), pages 34-55, Jan.-Feb..
- Kiel Katherine A. & McClain Katherine T., 1995. "House Prices during Siting Decision Stages: The Case of an Incinerator from Rumor through Operation," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 28(2), pages 241-255, March.
- Abeles-Allison, Mark & Connor, Larry J., 1990. "An Analysis of Local Benefits and Costs of Michigan Hog Operations Experiencing Environmental Conflicts," Agricultural Economic Report Series 201396, Michigan State University, Department of Agricultural, Food, and Resource Economics.
- Jean-Daniel Saphores & Ismael Aguilar-Benitez, 2005. "Smelly local polluters and residential property values: A hedonic analysis of four Orange County (California) cities," Estudios Económicos, El Colegio de México, Centro de Estudios Económicos, vol. 20(2), pages 197-218.
- Gerald E. Smolen & Gary Moore & Lawrence V. Conway, 1992. "Economic Effects of Hazardous Chemical and Proposed Radioactive Waste Landfills on Surrounding Real Estate Values," Journal of Real Estate Research, American Real Estate Society, vol. 7(3), pages 283-296.
- Kashian, Russ & Eiswerth, Mark E. & Skidmore, Mark, 2006. "Lake Rehabilitation and the Value of Shoreline Real Estate: Evidence from Delavan, Wisconsin," The Review of Regional Studies, Southern Regional Science Association, vol. 36(2), pages 221-238.
- Kevin McNew & Duane Griffith, 2005. "Measuring the Impact of Ethanol Plants on Local Grain Prices," Review of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 27(2), pages 164-180.
- Palmquist, Raymond B, 1984. "Estimating the Demand for the Characteristics of Housing," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 66(3), pages 394-404, August.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Liu, Bing & Hudson, Darren & Farmer, Michael, 2015. "The Impact of a Sorghum-Based Ethanol Plant on Local Cotton Acreage: A Spatial Approach," 2016 Annual Meeting, February 6-9, 2016, San Antonio, Texas 229799, Southern Agricultural Economics Association.
- Lester, T. William & Little, Mark G. & Jolley, G. Jason, 2015. "Assessing the Economic Impact of Alternative Biomass Uses: Biofuels, Wood Pellets, and Energy Production," Journal of Regional Analysis and Policy, Mid-Continent Regional Science Association, vol. 45(1).
More about this item
KeywordsEnvironmental Economics and Policy; Resource /Energy Economics and Policy;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:jrapmc:133348. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/mcrsaea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.