The benefits and costs of ethanol: an evaluation of the government’s analysis
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Kirchhoff, Stefanie & Colby, Bonnie G. & LaFrance, Jeffrey T., 1997. "Evaluating the Performance of Benefit Transfer: An Empirical Inquiry," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 33(1), pages 75-93, May.
- Elobeid Amani & Hart Chad, 2007.
"Ethanol Expansion in the Food versus Fuel Debate: How Will Developing Countries Fare?,"
Journal of Agricultural & Food Industrial Organization,
De Gruyter, vol. 5(2), pages 1-23, December.
- Elobeid, Amani & Hart, Chad E., 2009. "Ethanol Expansion in the Food Versus Fuel Debate: How Will Developing Countries Fare?," Staff General Research Papers Archive 12971, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Martin Feldstein, 1999.
"Tax Avoidance And The Deadweight Loss Of The Income Tax,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics,
MIT Press, vol. 81(4), pages 674-680, November.
- Martin Feldstein, 1995. "Tax Avoidance and the Deadweight Loss of the Income Tax," NBER Working Papers 5055, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Hazilla, Michael & Kopp, Raymond J, 1990. "Social Cost of Environmental Quality Regulations: A General Equilibrium Analysis," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 98(4), pages 853-873, August.
- Roy Brouwer & Frank Spaninks, 1999. "The Validity of Environmental Benefits Transfer: Further Empirical Testing," Environmental & Resource Economics, Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 14(1), pages 95-117, July.
- Searchinger, Timothy & Heimlich, Ralph & Houghton, R. A. & Dong, Fengxia & Elobeid, Amani & Fabiosa, Jacinto F. & Tokgoz, Simla & Hayes, Dermot J. & Yu, Hun-Hsiang, 2008. "Use of U.S. Croplands for Biofuels Increases Greenhouse Gases Through Emissions from Land-Use Change," Staff General Research Papers Archive 12881, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Niven, Robert K., 2005. "Ethanol in gasoline: environmental impacts and sustainability review article," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 9(6), pages 535-555, December.
- Muller, Nicholas Z. & Mendelsohn, Robert, 2007. "Measuring the damages of air pollution in the United States," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 54(1), pages 1-14, July.
- Fapri, 2007. "Economic Impacts of Not Extending Biofuels Subsidies," FAPRI-MU Report Series 42189, Food and Agricultural Policy Research Institute at University of Missouri.
- Parry, Ian & Darmstadter, Joel, 2003. "The Costs of U.S. Oil Dependency," Discussion Papers dp-03-59, Resources For the Future.
- Huntington, Hillard G., 2003. "Energy disruptions, interfirm price effects and the aggregate economy," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 25(2), pages 119-136, March.
- Robert W. Hahn & Paul C. Tetlock, 2008. "Has Economic Analysis Improved Regulatory Decisions?," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 22(1), pages 67-84, Winter.
- Westcott, Paul C., 2007. "U.S. Ethanol Expansion Driving Changes Throughout the Agricultural Sector," Amber Waves, United States Department of Agriculture, Economic Research Service, September.
- Miranowski, John, 2007. "Biofuel Incentives and the Energy Title of the 2007 Farm Bill," Staff General Research Papers Archive 12821, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Lawrence H. Goulder & Roberton C. Williams III, 2003. "The Substantial Bias from Ignoring General Equilibrium Effects in Estimating Excess Burden, and a Practical Solution," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 111(4), pages 898-927, August.
- Miranowski, John A, 2007. "Biofuel Incentives and the Energy Title of the 2007 Farm Bill," ISU General Staff Papers 200705170700001565, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Broadman, Harry G., 1986. "The social cost of imported oil," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 14(3), pages 242-252, June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Qiu, Cheng & Colson, Gregory & Wetzstein, Michael, 2014.
"An ethanol blend wall shift is prone to increase petroleum gasoline demand,"
Elsevier, vol. 44(C), pages 160-165.
- Qiu, Cheng & Colson, Gregory & Zhang, Zibin & Wetzstein, Michael E., 2011. "An Ethanol Blend Wall Shift is Prone to Increase Petroleum Gasoline Demand," 2011 Annual Meeting, February 5-8, 2011, Corpus Christi, Texas 98795, Southern Agricultural Economics Association.
- Hodge, Timothy R., 2011. "The Effect of Ethanol Plants on Residential Property Values: Evidence from Michigan," Journal of Regional Analysis and Policy, Mid-Continent Regional Science Association, vol. 41(2).
- Lapan, Harvey & Moschini, GianCarlo, 2012.
"Second-best biofuel policies and the welfare effects of quantity mandates and subsidies,"
Journal of Environmental Economics and Management,
Elsevier, vol. 63(2), pages 224-241.
- Lapan, Harvey E. & Moschini, GianCarlo, 2012. "Second-Best Biofuel Policies and the Welfare Effects of Quantity Mandates and Subsidies," Staff General Research Papers Archive 34891, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Perdiguero, Jordi & Jiménez, Juan Luis, 2011. "Sell or not sell biodiesel: Local competition and government measures," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 15(3), pages 1525-1532, April.
- Jaeger, William K. & Egelkraut, Thorsten M., 2011. "Biofuel economics in a setting of multiple objectives and unintended consequences," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 15(9), pages 4320-4333.
- Geoffrey Heal, 2009. "The Economics of Renewable Energy," NBER Working Papers 15081, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
More about this item
KeywordsBenefit-cost analysis; Regulation; Energy policy; Environmental economics; Ethanol; D61; D78; L50; Q48; Q5;
- D61 - Microeconomics - - Welfare Economics - - - Allocative Efficiency; Cost-Benefit Analysis
- D78 - Microeconomics - - Analysis of Collective Decision-Making - - - Positive Analysis of Policy Formulation and Implementation
- L50 - Industrial Organization - - Regulation and Industrial Policy - - - General
- Q48 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Energy - - - Government Policy
- Q5 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Environmental Economics
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:regeco:v:35:y:2009:i:3:p:275-295. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .