Ethanol Expansion in the Food Versus Fuel Debate: How Will Developing Countries Fare?
Download full text from publisherTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Other versions of this item:
- Elobeid Amani & Hart Chad, 2007. "Ethanol Expansion in the Food versus Fuel Debate: How Will Developing Countries Fare?," Journal of Agricultural & Food Industrial Organization, De Gruyter, vol. 5(2), pages 1-23, December.
References listed on IDEAS
- Elobeid, Amani & Tokgoz, Simla & Hayes, Dermot J. & Babcock, Bruce & Hart, Chad E., 2007. "The Long-Run Impact of Corn-Based Ethanol on the Grain, Oilseed, and Livestock Sectors with Implications for Biotech Crops," ISU General Staff Papers 200701010800001003, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Suh, Dong Hee & Moss, Charles B., 2014. "Dynamic Adjustment of Demand for Distiller's Grain: Implications for Feed and Livestock Markets," 2014 Annual Meeting, February 1-4, 2014, Dallas, Texas 162454, Southern Agricultural Economics Association.
- Robert Hahn & Caroline Cecot, 2009. "The benefits and costs of ethanol: an evaluation of the government’s analysis," Journal of Regulatory Economics, Springer, vol. 35(3), pages 275-295, June.
- Huang, Jikun & Yang, Jun & Msangi, Siwa & Rozelle, Scott & Weersink, Alfons, 2012. "Global biofuel production and poverty in China," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 98(C), pages 246-255.
- Santamaría, Marta & Azqueta, Diego, 2015. "Promoting biofuels use in Spain: A cost-benefit analysis," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 50(C), pages 1415-1424.
- Monteiro, Nathalia & Altman, Ira & Lahiri, Sajal, 2012. "The impact of ethanol production on food prices: The role of interplay between the U.S. and Brazil," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 41(C), pages 193-199.
- Cloete, Philip C. & Idsardi, Ernst, 2012. "Bio-fuels and Food Security in South Africa: The Role of Indigenous and Traditional Food Crops," 2012 Conference, August 18-24, 2012, Foz do Iguacu, Brazil 130172, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- repec:spr:empeco:v:54:y:2018:i:4:d:10.1007_s00181-017-1311-9 is not listed on IDEAS
- Joe Dewbre & Céline Giner & Wyatt Thompson & Martin Von Lampe, 2008. "High food commodity prices: will they stay? who will pay?," Agricultural Economics, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 39(s1), pages 393-403, November.
- Louhichi, Kamel, 2012.
"Impact of EU biofuel policies on the French arable sector: A micro-level analysis using global market and farm-based supply models,"
Revue d'Etudes en Agriculture et Environnement,
Editions NecPlus, vol. 93(03), pages 233-272, September.
- Kamel Louhichi & Hugo Valin, 2012. "Impact of EU biofuel policies on the French arable sector: A micro-level analysis using global market and farm-based supply models," Review of Agricultural and Environmental Studies - Revue d'Etudes en Agriculture et Environnement, INRA Department of Economics, vol. 93(3), pages 233-272.
- Habib-Mintz, Nazia, 2010. "Biofuel investment in Tanzania: Omissions in implementation," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(8), pages 3985-3997, August.
- Dyer, George A. & Taylor, J. Edward, 2011. "The Corn Price Surge: Impacts on Rural Mexico," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 39(10), pages 1878-1887.
- Tse, H. & Leung, C.W. & Cheung, C.S., 2015. "Investigation on the combustion characteristics and particulate emissions from a diesel engine fueled with diesel-biodiesel-ethanol blends," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 83(C), pages 343-350.
- Arjunan, Subramanian & Moir, Christopher & Kirwan, Kerry & Pink, David, 2010. "Thegreening Of ‘Green’ Technology: Adoption Of Bio-Plastic Pla," 14th ICABR Conference, June 16-18, 2010, Ravello, Italy 187976, International Consortium on Applied Bioeconomy Research (ICABR).
- Valdes, Constanza & Hjort, Kim & Seeley, Ralph, 2016. "Brazil’s Agricultural Land Use and Trade: Effects of Changes in Oil Prices and Ethanol Demand," Economic Research Report 242449, United States Department of Agriculture, Economic Research Service.
- repec:eee:rensus:v:78:y:2017:i:c:p:503-516 is not listed on IDEAS
- Valeria Costantini & Graziana Dizonno, 2010. "Bioenergy, Agriculture and the Developing Countries," QA - Rivista dell'Associazione Rossi-Doria, Associazione Rossi Doria, issue 1, March.
- repec:spr:empeco:v:52:y:2017:i:4:d:10.1007_s00181-016-1112-6 is not listed on IDEAS
- Cheteni, Priviledge, 2017. "Sustainability development: Biofuels in agriculture," MPRA Paper 80969, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 24 Jun 2017.
- Anonymous, 2010. "Journal of International Agricultural Trade and Development, Volume 6, Issue 1," Journal of International Agricultural Trade and Development, Journal of International Agricultural Trade and Development, vol. 6(1).
More about this item
Keywordsethanol; prices; commodity; food;
- Q00 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - General - - - General
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AGR-2008-08-14 (Agricultural Economics)
- NEP-ALL-2008-08-14 (All new papers)
- NEP-ENE-2008-08-14 (Energy Economics)
- NEP-SEA-2008-08-14 (South East Asia)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:isu:genres:12971. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Curtis Balmer). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/deiasus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.