Bio-fuels and Food Security in South Africa: The Role of Indigenous and Traditional Food Crops
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Elobeid Amani & Hart Chad, 2007.
"Ethanol Expansion in the Food versus Fuel Debate: How Will Developing Countries Fare?,"
Journal of Agricultural & Food Industrial Organization,
De Gruyter, vol. 5(2), pages 1-23, December.
- Elobeid, Amani & Hart, Chad E., 2009. "Ethanol Expansion in the Food Versus Fuel Debate: How Will Developing Countries Fare?," Staff General Research Papers Archive 12971, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Prabhu Pingali & Terri Raney & Keith Wiebe, 2008. "Biofuels and Food Security: Missing the Point ," Review of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 30(3), pages 506-516.
- Harrison, R. Wes, 2009. "The Food versus Fuel Debate: Implications for Consumers," Journal of Agricultural and Applied Economics, Southern Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 41(02), August.
- Harrison, R. Wes, 2009. "The Food versus Fuel Debate: Implications for Consumers," Journal of Agricultural and Applied Economics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 41(02), pages 493-500, August.
More about this item
Keywordsbio-fuels; food security; indigenous and traditional food crops; South Africa; household consumption; Agricultural and Food Policy; Food Security and Poverty; Resource /Energy Economics and Policy; Q10; Q18; D10;
- Q10 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Agriculture - - - General
- Q18 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Agriculture - - - Agricultural Policy; Food Policy
- D10 - Microeconomics - - Household Behavior - - - General
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AFR-2012-08-23 (Africa)
- NEP-AGR-2012-08-23 (Agricultural Economics)
- NEP-ALL-2012-08-23 (All new papers)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:iaae12:130172. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/iaaeeea.html .