The Value Of Clean Dairy Air: Accounting For Endogeneity And Spatially Correlated Errors In A Hedonic Analyses Of The Impact Of Animal Operations On Local Property Values
We study the effect of livestock operations on property values using a hedonic analysis in five Ohio townships. Unlike previous studies, we account for endogenous livestock location variables and spatially correlated errors. Results suggest failure to correct for these problems results in biased estimates of livestock impacts on property values.
|Date of creation:||2004|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: 555 East Wells Street, Suite 1100, Milwaukee, Wisconsin 53202|
Phone: (414) 918-3190
Fax: (414) 276-3349
Web page: http://www.aaea.org
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- William Brock & Steven N. Durlauf, 2000.
NBER Technical Working Papers
0258, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Raymond B. Palmquist & Fritz M. Roka & Tomislav Vukina, 1997.
"Hog Operations, Environmental Effects, and Residential Property Values,"
University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 73(1), pages 114-124.
- Raymond B. Palmquist & Fritz M. Roka & Tomislav Vukina, . "Hog Operations, Environmental Effects, and Residential Property Values," Working Paper Series 12, North Carolina State University, Department of Economics.
- Joseph A. Herriges & Silvia Secchik & JBruce A. Babcock, 2005.
"Living with Hogs in Iowa: The Impact of Livestock Facilities on Rural Residential Property Values,"
University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 81(4).
- Herriges, Joseph A. & Secchi, Silvia & Babcock, Bruce A., 2003. "Living with Hogs in Iowa: The Impact of Livestock Facilities on Rural Residential Property Values," Staff General Research Papers Archive 10683, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Joseph A. Herriges & Silvia Secchi & Bruce A. Babcock, 2003. "Living with Hogs in Iowa: The Impact of Livestock Facilities on Rural Residential Property Values," Center for Agricultural and Rural Development (CARD) Publications 03-wp342, Center for Agricultural and Rural Development (CARD) at Iowa State University.
- Cropper, Maureen L & Deck, Leland B & McConnell, Kenneth E, 1988. "On the Choice of Functional Form for Hedonic Price Functions," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 70(4), pages 668-75, November.
- Elena G. Irwin & Nancy E. Bockstael, 2001. "The Problem of Identifying Land Use Spillovers: Measuring the Effects of Open Space on Residential Property Values," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 83(3), pages 698-704.
- Geoghegan, Jacqueline & Wainger, Lisa A. & Bockstael, Nancy E., 1997. "Spatial landscape indices in a hedonic framework: an ecological economics analysis using GIS," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 23(3), pages 251-264, December.
- Anselin, Luc, 2002. "Under the hood : Issues in the specification and interpretation of spatial regression models," Agricultural Economics, Blackwell, vol. 27(3), pages 247-267, November.
- Can, Ayse, 1992. "Specification and estimation of hedonic housing price models," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 22(3), pages 453-474, September.
- Rosen, Sherwin, 1974. "Hedonic Prices and Implicit Markets: Product Differentiation in Pure Competition," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 82(1), pages 34-55, Jan.-Feb..
- Anselin, Luc, 2002. "Under the hood Issues in the specification and interpretation of spatial regression models," Agricultural Economics of Agricultural Economists, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 27(3), November.
- Charles F. Manski, 1993.
"Identification of Endogenous Social Effects: The Reflection Problem,"
Review of Economic Studies,
Oxford University Press, vol. 60(3), pages 531-542.
- Manski, C.F., 1991. "Identification of Endogenous Social Effects: the Reflection Problem," Working papers 9127, Wisconsin Madison - Social Systems.
- Cheshire, Paul & Sheppard, Stephen, 1995. "On the Price of Land and the Value of Amenities," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 62(246), pages 247-67, May.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:aaea04:20364. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.