The Amenity And Disamenity Impacts Of Agriculture: Estimates From A Hedonic Pricing Model In Southeastern Pennsylvania
A hedonic pricing analysis in Berks County, Pennsylvania showed that houses located near open space had higher prices, but that the type of open space matters. At the same time, proximity to potential disamenities, including landfills, large animal production facilities, mushroom production operations, and the county's airport, was found to depress house prices.
|Date of creation:||2003|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: 555 East Wells Street, Suite 1100, Milwaukee, Wisconsin 53202|
Phone: (414) 918-3190
Fax: (414) 276-3349
Web page: http://www.aaea.org
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Drake, Lars, 1992. "The Non-market Value of the Swedish Agricultural Landscape," European Review of Agricultural Economics, Foundation for the European Review of Agricultural Economics, vol. 19(3), pages 351-364.
- Bergstrom, John C. & Dillman, B. L. & Stoll, John R., 1985.
"Public Environmental Amenity Benefits of Private Land: The Case of Prime Agricultural Land,"
Journal of Agricultural and Applied Economics,
Cambridge University Press, vol. 17(01), pages 139-149, July.
- Bergstrom, John C. & Dillman, B.L. & Stoll, John R., 1985. "Public Environmental Amenity Benefits Of Private Land: The Case Of Prime Agricultural Land," Southern Journal of Agricultural Economics, Southern Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 17(01), July.
- Taff, Steven J. & Tiffany, Douglas G. & Weisberg, Sanford, 1996. "Measured Effects Of Feedlots On Residential Property Values In Minnesota: A Report To The Legislature," Staff Papers 14121, University of Minnesota, Department of Applied Economics.
- Raymond B. Palmquist & Fritz M. Roka & Tomislav Vukina, 1997. "Hog Operations, Environmental Effects, and Residential Property Values," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 73(1), pages 114-124.
- Raymond B. Palmquist & Fritz M. Roka & Tomislav Vukina, "undated". "Hog Operations, Environmental Effects, and Residential Property Values," Working Paper Series 12, North Carolina State University, Department of Economics.
- Elena G. Irwin, 2002. "The Effects of Open Space on Residential Property Values," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 78(4), pages 465-480.
- Tyrvainen, Liisa & Miettinen, Antti, 2000. "Property Prices and Urban Forest Amenities," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 39(2), pages 205-223, March.
- Abeles-Allison, Mark & Connor, Larry J., 1990. "An Analysis of Local Benefits and Costs of Michigan Hog Operations Experiencing Environmental Conflicts," Agricultural Economic Report Series 201396, Michigan State University, Department of Agricultural, Food, and Resource Economics.
- Elena G. Irwin & Nancy E. Bockstael, 2001. "The Problem of Identifying Land Use Spillovers: Measuring the Effects of Open Space on Residential Property Values," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 83(3), pages 698-704.
- Hellerstein, Daniel & Nickerson, Cynthia J. & Cooper, Joseph C. & Feather, Peter & Gadsby, Dwight M. & Mullarkey, Daniel J. & Tegene, Abebayehu & Barnard, Charles H., 2002. "Farmland Protection: The Role Of Public Preferences For Rural Amenities," Agricultural Economics Reports 33963, United States Department of Agriculture, Economic Research Service.
- Cheshire, Paul & Sheppard, Stephen, 1995. "On the Price of Land and the Value of Amenities," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 62(246), pages 247-267, May.
- Geoghegan, Jacqueline & Wainger, Lisa A. & Bockstael, Nancy E., 1997. "Spatial landscape indices in a hedonic framework: an ecological economics analysis using GIS," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 23(3), pages 251-264, December. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)