Citations for "Nuclear Power Reactors: A Study In Technological Lock-In"
by Cowan, Robin
- Nicolas Jonard & Murat Yildizoglu, .
"Technological Diversity in an Evolutionary Industry Model with Localized Learning and Network Externalities,"
Computing in Economics and Finance 1997
13, Society for Computational Economics.
- Jonard, N. & Yfldizoglu, M., 1998. "Technological diversity in an evolutionary industry model with localized learning and network externalities," Structural Change and Economic Dynamics, Elsevier, vol. 9(1), pages 35-53, March.
- Malte Schwoon & Floortje Alkemade & Koen Frenken & Marko P. Hekkert, 2008.
"A complex systems methodology to transition management,"
Innovation Studies Utrecht (ISU) working paper series
08-12, Utrecht University, Department of Innovation Studies, revised Apr 2008.
- Floortje Alkemade & Koen Frenken & Marko Hekkert & Malte Schwoon, 2009. "A complex systems methodology to transition management," Journal of Evolutionary Economics, Springer, vol. 19(4), pages 527-543, August.
- Aashish Velkar, 2007. "Accurate measurements and design standards: consistency of design and the travel of 'facts' between heterogeneous groups," Economic History Working Papers 22518, London School of Economics and Political Science, Department of Economic History.
- A. Bassanini, 1997. "Localized Technological Change and Path-Dependent Growth," Working Papers ir97086, International Institute for Applied Systems Analysis.
- David, Paul A. & Rothwell, Geoffrey S., 1996. "Measuring standardization: An application to the American and French nuclear power industries," European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 12(2), pages 291-308, September.
- Johan F.M.Swinnen & Thijs Vandemoortele, 2011. "On Butterflies and Frankenstein: A Dynamic Theory of Regulation," LICOS Discussion Papers 27611, LICOS - Centre for Institutions and Economic Performance, KU Leuven.
- Choi, Young Back, 2008. "Path dependence and the Korean alphabet," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 65(2), pages 185-201, February.
- Paul Nightingale, 2014. "What is technology? Six definitions and two pathologies," SPRU Working Paper Series 2014-19, SPRU - Science and Technology Policy Research, University of Sussex.
- Kelly Levin & Benjamin Cashore & Steven Bernstein & Graeme Auld, 2012. "Overcoming the tragedy of super wicked problems: constraining our future selves to ameliorate global climate change," Policy Sciences, Springer, vol. 45(2), pages 123-152, June.
- Carrillo-Hermosilla, Javier, 2006. "A policy approach to the environmental impacts of technological lock-in," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 58(4), pages 717-742, July.
- Johannes Urpelainen, 2012. "How do electoral competition and special interests shape the stringency of renewable energy standards?," Environmental Economics and Policy Studies, Society for Environmental Economics and Policy Studies - SEEPS, vol. 14(1), pages 23-34, January.
- Cowan, R. & Foray, D., 1995.
"Quandaries in the Economics of Dual Technologies and Spillovers from Military to Civilian Research and Development,"
UWO Department of Economics Working Papers
9509, University of Western Ontario, Department of Economics.
- Cowan, Robin & Foray, Dominique, 1995. "Quandaries in the economics of dual technologies and spillovers from military to civilian research and development," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 24(6), pages 851-868, November.
- Foray, Dominique, 1997. "The dynamic implications of increasing returns: Technological change and path dependent inefficiency," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 15(6), pages 733-752, October.
- Alessia Berni & Mariavittoria Cicellin & Stefano Consiglio & Luigi Moschera, 2012. "The evolution of the Italian Temporary Work Agency field: A path dependence perspective," Discussion Papers 10_2012, CRISEI, University of Naples "Parthenope", Italy.
- Sanditov,Bulat, 2004. "ICT Revolution, Globalization and Informational Lock-in," Research Memorandum 013, Maastricht University, Maastricht Economic Research Institute on Innovation and Technology (MERIT).
- Scott BARRETT, 2011. "Rethinking Climate Change Governance and its Relationship to the World Trading System," Working Papers P20, FERDI.
- Junius, Karsten, 1997. "Economies of scale: A survey of the empirical literature," Kiel Working Papers 813, Kiel Institute for the World Economy.
- Stavins, Robert & Jaffe, Adam & Newell, Richard, 2000.
"Technological Change and the Environment,"
dp-00-47, Resources For the Future.
- Adam B. Jaffe & Richard G. Newell & Robert N. Stavins, 2000. "Technological Change and the Environment," NBER Working Papers 7970, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Stavins, Robert & Jaffe, Adam & Newell, Richard, 2000. "Technological Change and the Environment," Working Paper Series rwp00-002, Harvard University, John F. Kennedy School of Government.
- Johannes Urpelainen, 2013. "A model of dynamic climate governance: dream big, win small," International Environmental Agreements: Politics, Law and Economics, Springer, vol. 13(2), pages 107-125, May.
- Wei Jin & ZhongXiang Zhang, 2014.
"Explaining the Slow Pace of Energy Technological Innovation: Why Market Conditions Matter,"
CCEP Working Papers
1401, Centre for Climate Economics & Policy, Crawford School of Public Policy, The Australian National University.
- Wei Jin & ZhongXiang Zhang, 2014. "Explaining the Slow Pace of Energy Technological Innovation: Why Market Conditions Matter?," Working Papers 2014.18, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- Koomey, Jonathan & Hultman, Nathan E., 2007. "A reactor-level analysis of busbar costs for US nuclear plants, 1970-2005," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(11), pages 5630-5642, November.
- repec:mop:credwp:01.10.25 is not listed on IDEAS
- Puffert, Douglas J., 2002. "Path Dependence in Spatial Networks: The Standardization of Railway Track Gauge," Explorations in Economic History, Elsevier, vol. 39(3), pages 282-314, July.
- Gartland, Myles P., 2005. "Interdisciplinary views of sub-optimal outcomes: Path dependence in the social and management sciences," Journal of Behavioral and Experimental Economics (formerly The Journal of Socio-Economics), Elsevier, vol. 34(5), pages 686-702, October.
- A. Bassanini & G. Dosi, 1998. "Competing Technologies, International Diffusion and the Rate of Convergence to a Stable Market Structure," Working Papers ir98012, International Institute for Applied Systems Analysis.
- McIntyre, David P. & Chintakananda, Asda, 2014. "Competing in network markets: Can the winner take all?," Business Horizons, Elsevier, vol. 57(1), pages 117-125.
- Choi, Young Back, 2013. "Path dependence and the Korean keyboard," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 88(C), pages 37-46.
- Jaffe, Adam B. & Newell, Richard G. & Stavins, Robert N., 2003. "Chapter 11 Technological change and the environment," Handbook of Environmental Economics, in: K. G. Mäler & J. R. Vincent (ed.), Handbook of Environmental Economics, edition 1, volume 1, chapter 11, pages 461-516 Elsevier.
- Malerba, Franco, 2002. "Sectoral systems of innovation and production," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 31(2), pages 247-264, February.
- David, Paul A. & Rothwell, Geoffrey S., 1996. "Standardization, diversity and learning: Strategies for the coevolution of technology and industrial capacity," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 14(2), pages 181-201.
- Ramana, M.V. & Hopkins, Laura Berzak & Glaser, Alexander, 2013. "Licensing small modular reactors," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 61(C), pages 555-564.
- Shy, Oz, 1996. "Technology revolutions in the presence of network externalities," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 14(6), pages 785-800, October.
- David Mowery, 2009. "National security and national innovation systems," The Journal of Technology Transfer, Springer, vol. 34(5), pages 455-473, October.
- Kevin Maréchal, 2008. "An evolutionary perspective on the economics of energy consumption: the crucial role of habits," Working Papers CEB 08-012.RS, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- P. Murmann & K. Frenken, 2002.
"Toward a Systematic Framework for Research on Dominant Designs, Technological Innovations, and Industrial Change,"
Papers on Economics and Evolution
2002-12, Philipps University Marburg, Department of Geography.
- Murmann, Johann Peter & Frenken, Koen, 2006. "Toward a systematic framework for research on dominant designs, technological innovations, and industrial change," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(7), pages 925-952, September.
- Roberto Fontana, 2003. "Rapid Technical Change and the Speed of Lock-in: Standard Battles in the Local Area Network Industry in the 1990s," KITeS Working Papers 146, KITeS, Centre for Knowledge, Internationalization and Technology Studies, Universita' Bocconi, Milano, Italy, revised Jul 2003.
- Choi, Jay Pil, 1996. "Standardization and experimentation: Ex ante vs. ex post standardization," European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 12(2), pages 273-290, September.
- Harison, Elad & Koski, Heli, 2006. "Innovative Software Business Strategies: Evidence from Finnish Firms," Discussion Papers 1042, The Research Institute of the Finnish Economy.
- Marechal, Kevin, 2007. "The economics of climate change and the change of climate in economics," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(10), pages 5181-5194, October.
- Choi, David Y. & Stack, Martin H., 2005. "The all-American beer: a case of inferior standard (taste) prevailing?," Business Horizons, Elsevier, vol. 48(1), pages 79-86.
- David Popp & Richard G. Newell & Adam B. Jaffe, 2009. "Energy, the Environment, and Technological Change," NBER Working Papers 14832, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Viktor Slavtchev & Simon Wiederhold, 2011. "The Impact of Government Procurement Composition on Private R&D Activities," Jena Economic Research Papers 2011-036, Friedrich-Schiller-University Jena, Max-Planck-Institute of Economics.
- Islas, Jorge, 1997. "Getting round the lock-in in electricity generating systems: the example of the gas turbine," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 26(1), pages 49-66, March.
- John Kemp & Ted Wilson, 1999. "Monetary Regime Transformation: The scramble to gold in the late nineteenth century," Review of Political Economy, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 11(2), pages 125-149.
- Crafts, Nicholas & Hughes, Alan, 2014. "Industrial Policy for the Medium to Long-term," CAGE Online Working Paper Series 179, Competitive Advantage in the Global Economy (CAGE).
- Scott Barrett, 2006. "Climate Treaties and "Breakthrough" Technologies," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 96(2), pages 22-25, May.
- Nicholas Crafts, 2010. "Cliometrics and technological change: a survey," The European Journal of the History of Economic Thought, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 17(5), pages 1127-1147.
- Chris Hand, 2006. "History Matters: Modelling Path Dependence on a Spreadsheet," Computers in Higher Education Economics Review, Economics Network, University of Bristol, vol. 18(1), pages 19-24.
- Mangematin, V. & Callon, M., 1995. "Technological competition, strategies of the firms and the choice of the first users: the case of road guidance technologies," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 24(3), pages 441-458, May.
- Harison, Elad & Koski, Heli, 2010. "Applying open innovation in business strategies: Evidence from Finnish software firms," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 39(3), pages 351-359, April.
- Daniel Birke, 2009.
"The Economics Of Networks: A Survey Of The Empirical Literature,"
Journal of Economic Surveys,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 23(4), pages 762-793, 09.
- Daniel Birke, 2008. "The economics of networks - A survey of the empirical literature," Occasional Papers 22, Industrial Economics Division.
- Scott BARRETT, 2011. "Rethinking Climate Change Governance and its Relationship to the World Trading System," Working Papers P20, FERDI.
- Uwe Cantner & Simone Vannuccini, 2012. "A New View of General Purpose Technologies," Jena Economic Research Papers 2012-054, Friedrich-Schiller-University Jena, Max-Planck-Institute of Economics.
- Javier Carrillo, 2004. "Prospective voluntary agreements to escape carbon lock-in," Working Papers Economia wp04-23, Instituto de Empresa, Area of Economic Environment.
- Kölln, Volker, 2011. "Produktdiffusion in TIMES-Märkten: Innovation, Kompatibilität und Timing bei Netzeffektgütern," Discussion Papers on Strategy and Innovation 11-01, Department of Technology and Innovation Management (TIM), Philipps-University Marburg.
- Totti Könnölä & Gregory C. Unruh & Javier Carrillo- Hermosilla, 2005. "IE WP 23/04 Prospective Voluntary Agreements to Escape Carbon Lock-in," Others 0509005, EconWPA.
- Kemp, R. & van den Bergh, J., 2006. "Economics and Transitions: Lessons from Economic Sub-disciplines," MERIT Working Papers 038, United Nations University - Maastricht Economic and Social Research Institute on Innovation and Technology (MERIT).
- Ronde, Patrick, 2001. "Technological clusters with a knowledge-based principle: evidence from a Delphi investigation in the French case of the life sciences," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 30(7), pages 1041-1057, August.
- repec:dgr:uvatin:2000087 is not listed on IDEAS
- Simon Wiederhold, 2012. "The Role of Public Procurement in Innovation: Theory and Empirical Evidence," ifo Beiträge zur Wirtschaftsforschung, Ifo Institute for Economic Research at the University of Munich, number 43.
- Mowery, David C., 2012. "Defense-related R&D as a model for “Grand Challenges” technology policies," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 41(10), pages 1703-1715.
- Ruttan, Vernon W., 2001. "The Role Of The Public Sector In Technology Development: Generalizations From General Purpose Technologies," Staff Papers 13563, University of Minnesota, Department of Applied Economics.