Performance of lag length selection criteria in three different situations
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Venus Khim-Sen Liew, 2004. "Which Lag Length Selection Criteria Should We Employ?," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 3(33), pages 1-9.
- Akaike, Hirotugu, 1981. "Likelihood of a model and information criteria," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 16(1), pages 3-14, May.
- repec:ebl:ecbull:v:3:y:2004:i:33:p:1-9 is not listed on IDEAS
- Hirotugu Akaike, 1969. "Fitting autoregressive models for prediction," Annals of the Institute of Statistical Mathematics, Springer;The Institute of Statistical Mathematics, vol. 21(1), pages 243-247, December.
- Chow, Gregory C., 1981. "A comparison of the information and posterior probability criteria for model selection," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 16(1), pages 21-33, May.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Jelilov Gylych & Abdullahi Ahmad Jbrin & Bilal Celik & Abdurrahman Isik, 2020. "The Effect of Oil Price Fluctuation on the Economy of Nigeria," International Journal of Energy Economics and Policy, Econjournals, vol. 10(5), pages 461-468.
- D. O. Olayungbo, 2019. "Effects of Global Oil Price on Exchange Rate, Trade Balance, and Reserves in Nigeria: A Frequency Domain Causality Approach," Journal of Risk and Financial Management, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 12(1), pages 1-14, March.
- Nasir, Muhammad Ali & Vo, Xuan Vinh, 2020. "A quarter century of inflation targeting & structural change in exchange rate pass-through: Evidence from the first three movers," Structural Change and Economic Dynamics, Elsevier, vol. 54(C), pages 42-61.
- Festic, Mejra & Kavkler, Alenka, 2012. "The Roots of the Banking Crisis in the New EU Member States: A Panel Regression Approach," Journal for Economic Forecasting, Institute for Economic Forecasting, vol. 0(1), pages 20-40, March.
- Nasir, Muhammad Ali, 2021. "Zero Lower Bound and negative interest rates: Choices for monetary policy in the UK," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 43(1), pages 200-229.
- Nasir, Muhammad Ali & Balsalobre-Lorente, Daniel & Huynh, Toan Luu Duc, 2020. "Anchoring inflation expectations in the face of oil shocks & in the proximity of ZLB: A tale of two targeters," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 86(C).
- Muhammad Ali Nasir & Muhammad Shahbaz & Trinh Thi Mai & Moade Shubita, 2021. "Development of Vietnamese stock market: Influence of domestic macroeconomic environment and regional markets," International Journal of Finance & Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 26(1), pages 1435-1458, January.
- Radman Peša, Anita & Brajković, Ana, 2015. "Testing The ‘Black Swan Effect’ on Croatian Stock Market Between 2000 and 2013," MPRA Paper 69223, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 2015.
- Denise Fry & Andrea Saayman & Melville Saayman, 2010. "The Relationship Between Tourism And Trade In South Africa," South African Journal of Economics, Economic Society of South Africa, vol. 78(3), pages 287-306, September.
- Muhammad Ali Nasir & Alaa M. Soliman, 2014. "Aspects of Macroeconomic Policy Combinations and Their Effects on Financial Markets," Economic Issues Journal Articles, Economic Issues, vol. 19(1), pages 95-118, March.
- Dajcman, Silvio & Festic, Mejra, 2012. "The Interdependence of the Stock Markets of Slovenia, The Czech Republic and Hungary with Some Developed European Stock Markets – The Effects of Joining the European Union and the Global Financial Cri," Journal for Economic Forecasting, Institute for Economic Forecasting, vol. 0(4), pages 163-180, December.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Fernandez, Carmen & Ley, Eduardo & Steel, Mark F. J., 2001.
"Benchmark priors for Bayesian model averaging,"
Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 100(2), pages 381-427, February.
- Carmen Fernández & Eduardo Ley & Mark F. J. Steel, "undated". "Benchmark priors for Bayesian Model averaging," Working Papers 98-06, FEDEA.
- Carmen Fernandez & Eduardo Ley & Mark F J Steel, 1998. "Benchmark priors for Bayesian model averaging," Edinburgh School of Economics Discussion Paper Series 66, Edinburgh School of Economics, University of Edinburgh.
- Carmen Fernandez & Eduardo Ley & Mark F.J. Steel, 1998. "Benchmark Priors for Bayesian Model Averaging," Econometrics 9804001, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 08 Oct 2001.
- Carmen Fernandez & Eduardo Ley & Mark F J Steel, 1998. "Benchmark priors for Bayesian model averaging," Edinburgh School of Economics Discussion Paper Series 26, Edinburgh School of Economics, University of Edinburgh.
- R. Scott Hacker & Abdulnasser Hatemi-J, 2018. "Model Selection in Time Series Analysis: Using Information Criteria as an Alternative to Hypothesis Testing," Papers 1805.08991, arXiv.org.
- Galeano, Pedro & Peña, Daniel, 2007. "On the connection between model selection criteria and quadratic discrimination in ARMA time series models," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 77(9), pages 896-900, May.
- Sin, Chor-Yiu & White, Halbert, 1996. "Information criteria for selecting possibly misspecified parametric models," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 71(1-2), pages 207-225.
- Bloch, Harry & Rafiq, Shuddhasattwa & Salim, Ruhul, 2015. "Economic growth with coal, oil and renewable energy consumption in China: Prospects for fuel substitution," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 44(C), pages 104-115.
- María Ayuda & Fernando Collantes & Vicente Pinilla, 2010.
"From locational fundamentals to increasing returns: the spatial concentration of population in Spain, 1787–2000,"
Journal of Geographical Systems, Springer, vol. 12(1), pages 25-50, March.
- María Isabel Ayuda & Fernando Collantes & Vicente Pinilla, 2005. "From Locational Fundamentals to Increasing Returns: The Spatial Concentration of Population in Spain, 1787-2000," Documentos de Trabajo dt2005-05, Facultad de Ciencias Económicas y Empresariales, Universidad de Zaragoza.
- Campos, Eduardo Lima & Cysne, Rubens Penha, 2017.
"A time-varying fiscal reaction function for Brazil,"
FGV EPGE Economics Working Papers (Ensaios Economicos da EPGE)
795, EPGE Brazilian School of Economics and Finance - FGV EPGE (Brazil).
- Campos, Eduardo Lima & Cysne, Rubens Penha, 2018. "A time-varying fiscal reaction function for Brazil," FGV EPGE Economics Working Papers (Ensaios Economicos da EPGE) 798, EPGE Brazilian School of Economics and Finance - FGV EPGE (Brazil).
- Rodrigo Hakim das Neves, 2020. "Bitcoin pricing: impact of attractiveness variables," Financial Innovation, Springer;Southwestern University of Finance and Economics, vol. 6(1), pages 1-18, December.
- Grigori Fainstein & Igor Novikov, 2011. "The Comparative Analysis of Credit Risk Determinants In the Banking Sector of the Baltic States," Review of Economics & Finance, Better Advances Press, Canada, vol. 1, pages 20-45, June.
- Karakotsios, Achillefs & Katrakilidis, Constantinos & Kroupis, Nikolaos, 2021. "The dynamic linkages between food prices and oil prices. Does asymmetry matter?," The Journal of Economic Asymmetries, Elsevier, vol. 23(C).
- Ruiz Vargas, E. & Mitchell, D.G.V. & Greening, S.G. & Wahl, L.M., 2014. "Topology of whole-brain functional MRI networks: Improving the truncated scale-free model," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 405(C), pages 151-158.
- Muhammad Farooq Arby & Amjad Ali, 2017. "Threshold Inflation in Pakistan," SBP Research Bulletin, State Bank of Pakistan, Research Department, vol. 13, pages 1-19.
- Ramona Dumitriu & Razvan Stefanescu, 2015. "The Relationship Between Romanian Exports And Economic Growth After The Adhesion To European Union," Risk in Contemporary Economy, "Dunarea de Jos" University of Galati, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration, pages 17-26.
- Jacobson, Tor & Ohlsson, Henry, 1994.
"Long-Run Relations between Private and Public Sector Wages in Sweden,"
Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 19(3), pages 343-360.
- Jocobson, T. & Ohlsson, H., 1991. "Cointegrating Sectoral Wages in Sweden - a Maximum Likelihood Approach," Papers 1991t, Uppsala - Working Paper Series.
- Farrell, Terence C. & Hopkins, David L., 2007. "A hedonic Model of Lamb Carcass Attributes," Australasian Agribusiness Review, University of Melbourne, Department of Agriculture and Food Systems, vol. 15.
- Simplice A Asongu, 2013.
"A Short-run Schumpeterian Trip to Embryonic African Monetary Zones,"
Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 33(1), pages 859-873.
- Asongu Simplice, 2012. "A Short-run Schumpeterian Trip to Embryonic African Monetary Zones," Working Papers of the African Governance and Development Institute. 12/001, African Governance and Development Institute..
- Simplice A, Asongu, 2012. "A Short-run Schumpeterian Trip to Embryonic African Monetary Zones," MPRA Paper 43190, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Garg, Bhavesh & Prabheesh, K.P., 2021. "Testing the intertemporal sustainability of current account in the presence of endogenous structural breaks: Evidence from the top deficit countries," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 97(C), pages 365-379.
- Linying Yang & Teng Zhang & Peter Glynn & David Scheinker, 2021. "The development and deployment of a model for hospital-level COVID-19 associated patient demand intervals from consistent estimators (DICE)," Health Care Management Science, Springer, vol. 24(2), pages 375-401, June.
- Pappas, S.Sp. & Ekonomou, L. & Karamousantas, D.Ch. & Chatzarakis, G.E. & Katsikas, S.K. & Liatsis, P., 2008. "Electricity demand loads modeling using AutoRegressive Moving Average (ARMA) models," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 33(9), pages 1353-1360.
- Benjamin Cheng & Robert Hsu & Qiyu Chu, 1997. "The causality between fertility and female labour force participation in Japan," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 4(2), pages 113-116.
More about this item
KeywordsAutoregressive; AIC; SIC; HQC; FPE; Monte Carlo Simulation;
All these keywords.
- C15 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - Statistical Simulation Methods: General
- C01 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - General - - - Econometrics
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:40042. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Joachim Winter (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.