Information criteria for selecting possibly misspecified parametric models
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- White,Halbert, 1996. "Estimation, Inference and Specification Analysis," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521574464, Fall.
- Vuong, Quang H, 1989. "Likelihood Ratio Tests for Model Selection and Non-nested Hypotheses," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 57(2), pages 307-333, March.
- Akaike, Hirotugu, 1981. "Likelihood of a model and information criteria," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 16(1), pages 3-14, May.
- Bollerslev, Tim, 1986.
"Generalized autoregressive conditional heteroskedasticity,"
Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 31(3), pages 307-327, April.
- Tim Bollerslev, 1986. "Generalized autoregressive conditional heteroskedasticity," EERI Research Paper Series EERI RP 1986/01, Economics and Econometrics Research Institute (EERI), Brussels.
- White, Halbert, 1982. "Maximum Likelihood Estimation of Misspecified Models," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 50(1), pages 1-25, January.
- Nishii, R., 1988. "Maximum likelihood principle and model selection when the true model is unspecified," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 27(2), pages 392-403, November.
- Nelson, Daniel B & Cao, Charles Q, 1992. "Inequality Constraints in the Univariate GARCH Model," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 10(2), pages 229-235, April.
- Kinal, Terrence & Lahiri, Kajal, 1985. "On the distribution function of various model selection criteria with stochastic regressors," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 17(1-2), pages 97-101.
- Chow, Gregory C., 1981. "A comparison of the information and posterior probability criteria for model selection," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 16(1), pages 21-33, May.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Arie Preminger & David Wettstein, 2005.
"Using the Penalized Likelihood Method for Model Selection with Nuisance Parameters Present only under the Alternative: An Application to Switching Regression Models,"
Journal of Time Series Analysis, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 26(5), pages 715-741, September.
- PREMINGER, Arie & WETTSTEIN, David, 2005. "Using the penalized likelihood method for model selection with nuisance parameters present only under the alternative: an application to switching regression models," LIDAM Reprints CORE 1811, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Gourieroux, C. & Monfort, A., 2021. "Model risk management: Valuation and governance of pseudo-models," Econometrics and Statistics, Elsevier, vol. 17(C), pages 1-22.
- Magnus, Jan R., 2007.
"The Asymptotic Variance Of The Pseudo Maximum Likelihood Estimator,"
Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 23(5), pages 1022-1032, October.
- Jan R. Magnus, 2007. "The asymptotic variance of the pseudo maximum likelihood estimator," CIRJE F-Series CIRJE-F-479, CIRJE, Faculty of Economics, University of Tokyo.
- Francq, Christian & ZakoÃ¯an, Jean-Michel, 2009.
"Testing the Nullity of GARCH Coefficients: Correction of the Standard Tests and Relative Efficiency Comparisons,"
Journal of the American Statistical Association, American Statistical Association, vol. 104(485), pages 313-324.
- Christian Francq & Jean-Michel Zakoïan, 2008. "Testing the Nullity of GARCH Coefficients : Correction of the Standard Tests and Relative Efficiency Comparisons," Working Papers 2008-04, Center for Research in Economics and Statistics.
- Francq, Christian & Zakoian, Jean-Michel, 2008. "Testing the nullity of GARCH coefficients : correction of the standard tests and relative efficiency comparisons," MPRA Paper 16672, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Hentschel, Ludger, 1995. "All in the family Nesting symmetric and asymmetric GARCH models," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 39(1), pages 71-104, September.
- Susanne M. Schennach & Daniel Wilhelm, 2017.
"A Simple Parametric Model Selection Test,"
Journal of the American Statistical Association, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 112(520), pages 1663-1674, October.
- Susanne M. Schennach & Daniel Wilhelm, 2014. "A simple parametric model selection test," CeMMAP working papers CWP10/14, Centre for Microdata Methods and Practice, Institute for Fiscal Studies.
- Susanne M. Schennach & Daniel Wilhelm, 2016. "A simple parametric model selection test," CeMMAP working papers CWP30/16, Centre for Microdata Methods and Practice, Institute for Fiscal Studies.
- Tae-Hwy Lee & Yong Bao & Burak Saltoğlu, 2007. "Comparing density forecast models Previous versions of this paper have been circulated with the title, 'A Test for Density Forecast Comparison with Applications to Risk Management' since October 2003;," Journal of Forecasting, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 26(3), pages 203-225.
- Lee, Seojeong, 2014.
"Asymptotic refinements of a misspecification-robust bootstrap for generalized method of moments estimators,"
Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 178(P3), pages 398-413.
- Seojeong Lee, 2013. "Asymptotic Refinements of a Misspecification-Robust Bootstrap for Generalized Method of Moments Estimators," Discussion Papers 2013-09, School of Economics, The University of New South Wales.
- Seojeong Lee, 2018. "Asymptotic Refinements of a Misspecification-Robust Bootstrap for Generalized Method of Moments Estimators," Papers 1806.01450, arXiv.org.
- Demos, Antonis & Sentana, Enrique, 1998. "Testing for GARCH effects: a one-sided approach," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 86(1), pages 97-127, June.
- Blasques, Francisco & Ji, Jiangyu & Lucas, André, 2016. "Semiparametric score driven volatility models," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 100(C), pages 58-69.
- Bekaert, Geert & Engstrom, Eric & Ermolov, Andrey, 2015. "Bad environments, good environments: A non-Gaussian asymmetric volatility model," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 186(1), pages 258-275.
- Jin-Chuan Duan & Kris Jacobs, 2001. "Short and Long Memory in Equilibrium Interest Rate Dynamics," CIRANO Working Papers 2001s-22, CIRANO.
- Duan, Jin-Chuan & Jacobs, Kris, 2008. "Is long memory necessary? An empirical investigation of nonnegative interest rate processes," Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, vol. 15(3), pages 567-581, June.
- Atukorala, Ranjani & Sriananthakumar, Sivagowry, 2015. "A comparison of the accuracy of asymptotic approximations in the dynamic regression model using Kullback-Leibler information," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 45(C), pages 169-174.
- Nour Meddahi & Eric Renault, 1998. "Quadratic M-Estimators for ARCH-Type Processes," CIRANO Working Papers 98s-29, CIRANO.
- Ranjani Atukorala & Maxwell L. King & Sivagowry Sriananthakumar, 2014. "Applications of Information Measures to Assess Convergence in the Central Limit Theorem," Monash Econometrics and Business Statistics Working Papers 29/14, Monash University, Department of Econometrics and Business Statistics.
- Richard M. Golden & Steven S. Henley & Halbert White & T. Michael Kashner, 2016. "Generalized Information Matrix Tests for Detecting Model Misspecification," Econometrics, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 4(4), pages 1-24, November.
- Ai, Chunrong & Chen, Xiaohong, 2007. "Estimation of possibly misspecified semiparametric conditional moment restriction models with different conditioning variables," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 141(1), pages 5-43, November.
- Yen, Steven T. & Chern, Wen S. & Lee, Hwang-Jaw, 1991. "Effects Of Income Sources On Household Food Expenditures," 1991 Annual Meeting, August 4-7, Manhattan, Kansas 271167, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Asghar, Zahid & Abid, Irum, 2007. "Performance of lag length selection criteria in three different situations," MPRA Paper 40042, University Library of Munich, Germany.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:econom:v:71:y:1996:i:1-2:p:207-225. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Nithya Sathishkumar). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jeconom .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.