How harmful are cuts in public employment and wage in times of high unemployment?
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Forni, Lorenzo & Monteforte, Libero & Sessa, Luca, 2009.
"The general equilibrium effects of fiscal policy: Estimates for the Euro area,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 93(3-4), pages 559-585, April.
- Lorenzo Forni & Libero Monteforte & Luca Sessa, 2007. "The general equilibrium effects of fiscal policy: estimates for the euro area," Temi di discussione (Economic working papers) 652, Bank of Italy, Economic Research and International Relations Area.
- Luca Sessa & Libero Monteforte & Lorenzo Forni, 2007. "The general equilibrium effects of fiscal policy: estimates for the euro area," 2007 Meeting Papers 352, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Jean-Olivier Hairault & Francois Langot & Sophie Osotimehin, 2010.
"Matching frictions, unemployment dynamics and the cost of business cycles,"
Review of Economic Dynamics,
Elsevier for the Society for Economic Dynamics, vol. 13(4), pages 759-779, October.
- Jean-Olivier Hairault & François Langot & Sophie Osotimehin, 2010. "Matching frictions, unemployment dynamics and the cost of business cycles," Université Paris1 Panthéon-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers) hal-00516832, HAL.
- Günter Coenen & Roland Straub, 2005.
"Does Government Spending Crowd in Private Consumption? Theory and Empirical Evidence for the Euro Area,"
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 8(3), pages 435-470, December.
- Coenen, Günter & Straub, Roland, 2005. "Does government spending crowd in private consumption? Theory and empirical evidence for the euro area," Working Paper Series 513, European Central Bank.
- Günter Coenen & Roland Straub, 2005. "Does Government Spending Crowd In Private Consumption? Theory and Empirical Evidence for the Euro Area," IMF Working Papers 05/159, International Monetary Fund.
- Christoffel, Kai & Kuester, Keith & Linzert, Tobias, 2009.
"The role of labor markets for euro area monetary policy,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 53(8), pages 908-936, November.
- Christoffel, Kai & Kuester, Keith & Linzert, Tobias, 2009. "The role of labor markets for euro area monetary policy," Kiel Working Papers 1513, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
- Kai Christoffel & Keith Kuester & Tobias Linzert, 2009. "The role of labor markets for Euro area monetary policy," Working Papers 09-1, Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia.
- Linzert, Tobias & Christoffel, Kai & Kuester, Keith, 2009. "The role of labor markets for euro area monetary policy," Working Paper Series 1035, European Central Bank.
- Pascal Michaillat, 2014.
"A Theory of Countercyclical Government Multiplier,"
American Economic Journal: Macroeconomics,
American Economic Association, vol. 6(1), pages 190-217, January.
- Michaillat, Pascal, 2012. "A theory of countercyclical government multiplier," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 54277, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Michaillat, Pascal, 2014. "A theory of countercyclical government multiplier," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 50247, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Stähler, Nikolai & Thomas, Carlos, 2012.
"FiMod — A DSGE model for fiscal policy simulations,"
Elsevier, vol. 29(2), pages 239-261.
- Nikolai Stähler & Carlos Thomas, 2011. "FiMod - a DSGE model for fiscal policy simulations," Working Papers 1110, Banco de España;Working Papers Homepage.
- Stähler, Nikolai & Thomas, Carlos, 2011. "FiMod - a DSGE model for fiscal policy simulations," Discussion Paper Series 1: Economic Studies 2011,06, Deutsche Bundesbank.
- Hairault, Jean-Olivier & Langot, François & Osotimehin, Sophie, 2008.
"Unemployment Dynamics and the Cost of Business Cycles,"
IZA Discussion Papers
3840, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Sophie Osotimehin & François Langot & Jean-Olivier Hairault, 2009. "Unemployment dynamics and the cost of business cycles," 2009 Meeting Papers 492, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- William B. Peterman, 2016.
"Reconciling Micro And Macro Estimates Of The Frisch Labor Supply Elasticity,"
Western Economic Association International, vol. 54(1), pages 100-120, January.
- William B. Peterman, 2012. "Reconciling micro and macro estimates of the Frisch labor supply elasticity," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 2012-75, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Frank Smets & Raf Wouters, 2003.
"An Estimated Dynamic Stochastic General Equilibrium Model of the Euro Area,"
Journal of the European Economic Association,
MIT Press, vol. 1(5), pages 1123-1175, September.
- Frank Smets & Raf Wouters, 2002. "An estimated dynamic stochastic general equilibrium model of the euro area," Working Paper Research 35, National Bank of Belgium.
More about this item
KeywordsFiscal Policy; Public Employment; Public Wage; Labor Market; Unemployment.;
- E62 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Macroeconomic Policy, Macroeconomic Aspects of Public Finance, and General Outlook - - - Fiscal Policy
- J38 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Wages, Compensation, and Labor Costs - - - Public Policy
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2016-07-16 (All new papers)
- NEP-GER-2016-07-16 (German Papers)
- NEP-LMA-2016-07-16 (Labor Markets - Supply, Demand, & Wages)
- NEP-MAC-2016-07-16 (Macroeconomics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:lar:wpaper:2016-05. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Christophe J. Godlewski). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/lastrfr.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.