The macroeconomic and food security implications of price interventions in the Philippine rice market
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Joachim von Braun, 2008. "Rising Food Prices: What Should Be Done?," EuroChoices, The Agricultural Economics Society, vol. 7(SpecialIs), pages 30-35, August.
- Paul Dorosh & Abdul Salam, 2008.
"Wheat Markets and Price Stabilisation in Pakistan: An Analysis of Policy Options,"
The Pakistan Development Review,
Pakistan Institute of Development Economics, vol. 47(1), pages 71-87.
- Dorosh, Paul & Salam, Abdul, 2006. "Wheat Markets and Price Stabilisation in Pakistan: An Analysis of Policy Options," MPRA Paper 2244, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Paul Dorosh & Abdul Salam, 2006. "Wheat Markets and Price Stabilisation in Pakistan : An Analysis of Policy Options," Microeconomics Working Papers 22188, East Asian Bureau of Economic Research.
- Paul Dorosh & Abdul Salam, 2006. "Wheat Markets and Price Stabilisation in Pakistan: An Analysis of Policy Options," PIDE-Working Papers 2006:5, Pakistan Institute of Development Economics.
- Peter B. Dixon & Maureen T. Rimmer, 1999. "Changes in Indirect Taxes in Australia: A Dynamic General Equilibrium Analysis," Australian Economic Review, The University of Melbourne, Melbourne Institute of Applied Economic and Social Research, vol. 32(4), pages 327-348.
- von Braun, Joachim, 2008. "Rising food prices: What should be done? [In Chinese]," Policy briefs 1 CH, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- World Bank, 2005. "Managing Food Price Risks and Instability in an Environment of Market Liberalization," World Bank Other Operational Studies 8264, The World Bank.
- Joaquim Bento de Souza Ferreira Filho & Mark Horridge, 2011.
"Ethanol expansion and indirect land use change in Brazil,"
0114, Universidade Federal do Paraná, Department of Economics.
- Joaquim Bento Ferreira-Filho & Mark Horridge, 2011. "Ethanol Expansion and Indirect Land Use Change in Brazil," Centre of Policy Studies/IMPACT Centre Working Papers g-218, Victoria University, Centre of Policy Studies/IMPACT Centre.
- Hanoch, Giora, 1971. "CRESH Production Functions," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 39(5), pages 695-712, September.
- Paul Dorosh, 2008. "Food Price Stabilisation And Food Security: International Experience," Bulletin of Indonesian Economic Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 44(1), pages 93-114.
- Arndt, Channing & Tarp, Finn, 2001. "Who gets the goods? A general equilibrium perspective on food aid in Mozambique," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 26(2), pages 107-119, April.
- James A. Giesecke & Nhi Hoang Tran & Erwin L. Corong & Steven Jaffee, 2013. "Rice Land Designation Policy in Vietnam and the Implications of Policy Reform for Food Security and Economic Welfare," Journal of Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 49(9), pages 1202-1218, September.
- Peter B. Dixon & Maureen T. Rimmer, 2006. "The Displacement Effect of Labour-Market Programs: MONASH Analysis," The Economic Record, The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 82(s1), pages 26-40, September.
- Bandara, Jayatilleke S. & Jayasuriya, Sisira, 2007. "Distortions to Agricultural Incentives in Sri Lanka," Agricultural Distortions Working Paper 48480, World Bank.
- Munro, Lauchlan T., 2003. "Zimbabwe's Agricultural Recovery Programme in the 1990s: an evaluation using household survey data," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 28(5-6), pages 437-458.
- Ecker, Olivier & Breisinger, Clemens & McCool, Christen & Diao, Xinshen & Funes, Jose & You, Liangzhi & Yu, Bingxin, 2010. "Assessing food security in Yemen," IFPRI discussion papers 982, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Christian Romer Lovendal, 2007. "Understanding the Dynamics of Food Insecurity and Vulnerability in Orissa, India," Working Papers 07-28, Agricultural and Development Economics Division of the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO - ESA).
- Dixon, Peter B. & Parmenter, B. R. & Powell, Alan A., 1984. "The role of miniatures in computable general equilibrium modelling : Experience from ORANI," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 1(4), pages 421-428, October.
- Arsenio M. Balisacan, 1994. "Demand for Food in the Philippines: Responses to Price and Income Changes," Philippine Review of Economics, University of the Philippines School of Economics and Philippine Economic Society, vol. 31(2), pages 137-163, December.
- Ayele Gelan, 2006. "Cash or Food Aid? A General Equilibrium Analysis for Ethiopia," Development Policy Review, Overseas Development Institute, vol. 24(5), pages 601-624, September.
- Cororaton, Caesar B. & Cockburn, John, 2007. "Trade reform and poverty--Lessons from the Philippines: A CGE-microsimulation analysis," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 29(1), pages 141-163.
- Cororaton, Caesar B. & Corong, Erwin, 2009. "Philippine agricultural and food policies: Implications for poverty and income distribution," Research reports 161, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Tanaka, Tetsuji & Hosoe, Nobuhiro, 2011. "Does agricultural trade liberalization increase risks of supply-side uncertainty?: Effects of productivity shocks and export restrictions on welfare and food supply in Japan," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(3), pages 368-377, June.
- Rae, A. & Josling, T., 2003. "Processed food trade and developing countries: protection and trade liberalization," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 28(2), pages 147-166, April.
- Lips, Markus, 2005. "Sufficient nourishment worldwide via transfer payments," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 30(1), pages 81-96, February.
- Aying Liu & Shujie Yao & Robert Greener, 1996. "A Cge Model Of Agricultural Policy Reform In The Philippines," Journal of Agricultural Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 47(1-4), pages 18-27.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Briones, Roehlano M., 2016. "Embedding the AMPLE in a CGE Model to Analyze Intersectoral and Economy-Wide Policy Issues," Discussion Papers DP 2016-38, Philippine Institute for Development Studies.
- Kun Cheng & Qiang Fu & Tianxiao Li & Qiuxiang Jiang & Wei Liu, 2015. "Regional food security risk assessment under the coordinated development of water resources," Natural Hazards: Journal of the International Society for the Prevention and Mitigation of Natural Hazards, Springer;International Society for the Prevention and Mitigation of Natural Hazards, vol. 78(1), pages 603-619, August.
- Mamoon, Dawood & Ijaz, Kinza, 2017. "How Climate Change and Agriculture Fares with Food Security in Pakistan?," MPRA Paper 81346, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Marc Jim M. Mariano & James A. Giesecke & Nhi H. Tran, 2015.
"The effects of domestic rice market interventions outside business-as-usual conditions for imported rice prices,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 47(8), pages 809-832, February.
- M.J. Mariano & J.A. Giesecke & N.H. Tran, 2014. "The Effects of Domestic Rice Market Interventions Outside Business-As-Usual Conditions For Imported Rice Prices," Centre of Policy Studies/IMPACT Centre Working Papers g-245, Victoria University, Centre of Policy Studies/IMPACT Centre.
- Okimoto, Madoka, 2015. "International price competition among food industries: The role of income, population and biased consumer preference," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 47(C), pages 327-339.
More about this item
KeywordsFood security; Food subsidies; General equilibrium; Land use; Rice market; Philippines;
- C68 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Mathematical Methods; Programming Models; Mathematical and Simulation Modeling - - - Computable General Equilibrium Models
- Q18 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Agriculture - - - Agricultural Policy; Food Policy
- H20 - Public Economics - - Taxation, Subsidies, and Revenue - - - General
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ecmode:v:37:y:2014:i:c:p:350-361. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/30411 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.