Does agricultural trade liberalization increase risks of supply-side uncertainty?: Effects of productivity shocks and export restrictions on welfare and food supply in Japan
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Gail L. Cramer & James M. Hansen & Eric J. Wailes, 1999. "Impact of Rice Tariffication on Japan and the World Rice Market," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 81(5), pages 1149-1156.
- Devaragan, Shantayanan & Lewis, Jeffrey D. & Robinson, Sherman, 1990. "Policy lessons from trade-focused, two-sector models," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 12(4), pages 625-657.
- Nobuhiro Hosoe, 2004. "Crop failure, price regulation, and emergency imports of Japan's rice sector in 1993," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 36(10), pages 1051-1056.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Hosoe, Nobuhiro, 2016.
"The double dividend of agricultural trade liberalization: Consistency between national food security and gains from trade,"
Journal of Asian Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 43(C), pages 27-36.
- Nobuhiro Hosoe, 2013. "The Double Dividend of Agricultural Trade Liberalization: Consistency between National Food Security and Gains from Trade," GRIPS Discussion Papers 13-02, National Graduate Institute for Policy Studies.
- Rutten, Martine & Shutes, Lindsay & Meijerink, Gerdien, 2013.
"Sit down at the ball game: How trade barriers make the world less food secure,"
Elsevier, vol. 38(C), pages 1-10.
- Rutten, Martine & Meijerink, Gerdien W. & Chant, Lindsay, 2011. "Sit down at the ballgame: How trade barriers make the world less food secure," 2011 International Congress, August 30-September 2, 2011, Zurich, Switzerland 114653, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Rutten, Martine M. & Chant, Lindsay J. & Meijerink, Gerdien W., 2011. "Sit down at the ball game: how trade barriers make the world less food secure," MPRA Paper 30354, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Lee, Youngjae & Kennedy, P. Lynn, 2016. "Analyzing Collective Trade Policy Actions In Response To Cyclical Risk In Agricultural Productivity," 2016 Annual Meeting, July 31-August 2, 2016, Boston, Massachusetts 242361, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Karapinar, Baris & Tanaka, Tetsuji, 2013. "How to Improve World Food Supply Stability Under Future Uncertainty: Potential Role of WTO Regulation on Export Restrictions in Rice," 135th Seminar, August 28-30, 2013, Belgrade, Serbia 160387, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Mariano, Marc Jim M. & Giesecke, James A., 2014. "The macroeconomic and food security implications of price interventions in the Philippine rice market," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 37(C), pages 350-361.
- Lee, Youngjae & Kennedy, Lynn, 2016. "Analyzing Collective Trade Policy Actions in Response to Cyclical Risk in Agricultural Production: The Case of International Wheat," 2016 Annual Meeting, July 31-August 2, 2016, Boston, Massachusetts 235430, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Marc Jim M. Mariano & James A. Giesecke & Nhi H. Tran, 2015.
"The effects of domestic rice market interventions outside business-as-usual conditions for imported rice prices,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 47(8), pages 809-832, February.
- M.J. Mariano & J.A. Giesecke & N.H. Tran, 2014. "The Effects of Domestic Rice Market Interventions Outside Business-As-Usual Conditions For Imported Rice Prices," Centre of Policy Studies/IMPACT Centre Working Papers g-245, Victoria University, Centre of Policy Studies/IMPACT Centre.
- John, Adam, 2013. "Price relations between export and domestic rice markets in Thailand," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 42(C), pages 48-57.
- Sartori, Martina & Schiavo, Stefano, 2015. "Connected we stand: A network perspective on trade and global food security," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 57(C), pages 114-127.
- Byeong-il, Ahn & Younghyeon, Jeon, 2016. "Does tariff reduction have a positive effect on the world’s grain self-sufficiency?," 2016 Annual Meeting, July 31-August 2, 2016, Boston, Massachusetts 235578, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Tetsuji Tanaka & Nobuhiro Hosoe, 2011. "What Drove the Crop Price Hikes in the Food Crisis?," GRIPS Discussion Papers 11-16, National Graduate Institute for Policy Studies.
More about this item
KeywordsAgricultural trade protection Food security Productivity shocks Food self-sufficiency rate Emergency stocks;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jfpoli:v:36:y:2011:i:3:p:368-377. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/foodpol .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.