A Critical Review of Studies on the Social and Economic Impacts of Vietnam’s International Economic Integration
The study by Rama and Sa (2005) focuses on identifying similarities between the findings of the CGE studies. The present study attempts, instead, to focus on differences. Do studies really differ that much? This overall question is addressed by providing a detailed review of assumptions, data, methodology, and results of the CGE models. This overview makes it possible to assess another issue. The results of all the CGE studies tend to be rather aggregate in nature and they treat on issues which no longer appear that essential in the policy making process; i.e. tariffs rather than legal reform and ‘services trade’.
|Date of creation:||Mar 2007|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Web page: https://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Finn Tarp & David Roland-Holst & John Rand, 2002.
"Trade and Income Growth in Vietnam: Estimates from a New Social Accounting Matrix,"
Economic Systems Research,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 14(2), pages 157-184.
- Tarp, Finn & Roland-Holst, David & Rand, John, 2002. "Trade and Income Growth in Vietnam: Estimates from a New Social Accounting Matrix," MPRA Paper 29395, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Henning Tarp Jensen & Finn Tarp, 2005.
"Trade Liberalization and Spatial Inequality: a Methodological Innovation in a Vietnamese Perspective,"
Review of Development Economics,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 9(1), pages 69-86, 02.
- Tarp Jensen, Henning & Tarp, Finn, 2004. "Trade Liberalization and Spatial Inequality: A Methodological Innovation in Vietnamese Perspective," Working Paper Series UNU-WIDER Research Paper , World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Diego Puga & Tony Venables, 1997.
"Agglomeration and economic development: import substitution versus trade liberalisation,"
LSE Research Online Documents on Economics
2088, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Diego Puga & Anthony J. Venables, 1997. "Agglomeration and Economic Development: Import Substitution versus Trade Liberalisation," CEP Discussion Papers dp0377, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Bourguignon, François & Robilliard, Anne-Sophie & Robinson, Sherman, 2008. "Examining the Social Impact of the Indonesian Financial Crisis Using a Macro-Micro Model," Economics Papers from University Paris Dauphine 123456789/5130, Paris Dauphine University.
- Devaragan, Shantayanan & Lewis, Jeffrey D. & Robinson, Sherman, 1990. "Policy lessons from trade-focused, two-sector models," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 12(4), pages 625-657.
- Puga, Diego & Venables, Anthony J, 1999.
"Agglomeration and Economic Development: Import Substitution vs. Trade Liberalisation,"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 109(455), pages 292-311, April.
- Puga, Diego & Venables, Anthony J, 1998. "Agglomeration and Economic Development: Import Substitution Vs. Trade Liberalization," CEPR Discussion Papers 1782, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Ianchovichina, Elena, 2003.
"GTAP-DD: A Model for Analyzing Trade Reforms in the Presence of Duty Drawbacks,"
GTAP Technical Papers
1192, Center for Global Trade Analysis, Department of Agricultural Economics, Purdue University.
- Ianchovichina, Elena, 2004. "Trade policy analysis in the presence of duty drawbacks," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 26(3), pages 353-371, April.
- Van de Walle, Dominique, 2002. "The static and dynamic incidence of Vietnam's public safety net," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2791, The World Bank.
- Philip Abbott & Jeanet Bentzen & Finn Tarp, 2007.
"Vietnam’s Accession to the WTO: Lessons from Past Trade Agreements,"
07-06, University of Copenhagen. Department of Economics.
- Abbott, Philip & Bentzen, Jeanet & Tarp, Finn, 2006. "Vietnam’s Accession to the WTO: Lessons from Past Trade Agreements," MPRA Paper 61679, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- David Vanzetti & Pham Lan Huong, 2006. "Vietnam's Trade Policy Dilemmas," Trade Working Papers 22036, East Asian Bureau of Economic Research.
- Nguyen Chan & Madanmohan Ghosh & John Whalley, 1999. "Evaluating Tax Reform in Vietnam Using General Equilibrium Methods," UWO Department of Economics Working Papers 9906, University of Western Ontario, Department of Economics.
- Que, Nguyen Ngoc & Que, Nguyen Trung, 2000. "Effects of Trade Liberalization on Agriculture in Viet Nam: Commodity Aspects," Working Papers 32716, United Nations Centre for Alleviation of Poverty Through Secondary Crops' Development in Asia and the Pacific (CAPSA).
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:29789. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.