State owned enterprises, shirking and trade liberalization
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- Madanmohan Ghosh & John Whalley, 2000. "State-Owned Enterprises, Shirking and Trade Liberalization," NBER Working Papers 7696, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Ghosh Madanmohan & John Whalley, 2000. "State-Owned Enterprises, Shirking and Trade Liberalization," CESifo Working Paper Series 300, CESifo Group Munich.
References listed on IDEAS
- Bertero, Elisabetta & Rondi, Laura, 2000. "Financial pressure and the behaviour of public enterprises under soft and hard budget constraints: evidence from Italian panel data," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 75(1), pages 73-98, January.
- Nguyen Chan & Madanmohan Ghosh & John Whalley, 1999. "Evaluating Tax Reform in Vietnam Using General Equilibrium Methods," UWO Department of Economics Working Papers 9906, University of Western Ontario, Department of Economics.
- Bai, Chong-En & Li, David D. & Tao, Zhigang & Wang, Yijiang, 2000. "A Multitask Theory of State Enterprise Reform," Journal of Comparative Economics, Elsevier, vol. 28(4), pages 716-738, December.
- Qian, Yingyi & Roland, Gerard, 1998. "Federalism and the Soft Budget Constraint," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 88(5), pages 1143-1162, December.
- Boardman, Anthony E & Vining, Aidan R, 1989. "Ownership and Performance in Competitive Environments: A Comparison of the Performance of Private, Mixed, and State-Owned Enterprises," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 32(1), pages 1-33, April.
- Alwyn Young, 1994. "The Tyranny of Numbers: Confronting the Statistical Realities of the East Asian Growth Experience," NBER Working Papers 4680, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Piggott, John & Whalley, John, 1996. "The Tax Unit and Household Production," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 104(2), pages 398-418, April.
- James A. Schmitz, 1996. "The role played by public enterprises: how much does it differ across countries?," Quarterly Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis, issue Spr, pages 2-15.
- James Bennett & Manuel Johnson, 1979. "Public versus private provision of collective goods and services: garbage collection revisited," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 34(1), pages 55-63, March.
- Dong Xiao-yuan & Dow Gregory K., 1993. "Does Free Exit Reduce Shirking in Production Teams?," Journal of Comparative Economics, Elsevier, vol. 17(2), pages 472-484, June.
- Theodore Groves & Yongmiao Hong & John McMillan & Barry Naughton, 1994. "Autonomy and Incentives in Chinese State Enterprises," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 109(1), pages 183-209.
- Caves, Douglas W & Christensen, Laurits R, 1980. "The Relative Efficiency of Public and Private Firms in a Competitive Environment: The Case of Canadian Railroads," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 88(5), pages 958-976, October.
- Mori, Pier Angelo, 1991. "The role of employers' authority when jobs are partially enforceable," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 35(1), pages 89-93, January.
- David O’Connor, 1996. "Labour Market Aspects of State Enterprise Reform in Viet Nam," OECD Development Centre Working Papers 117, OECD Publishing.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Henrik Barslund Fosse & Pascalis Raimondos‐Møller, 2012.
"Reducing Tariffs According to WTO Accession Rules: The Case of Vietnam,"
Review of Development Economics,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 16(2), pages 331-341, May.
- Henrik Barslund Fosse & Pascalis Raimondos-Møller, 2011. "Reducing Tariffs according to WTO Accession Rules: The Case of Vietnam," CESifo Working Paper Series 3628, CESifo Group Munich.
- John Whalley & Shunming Zhang, 2011.
"State-Owned Enterprise Behavioural Responses To Trade Reforms: Some Analytics And Numerical Simulation Results Using Chinese Data,"
World Scientific Book Chapters,in: China's Integration Into The World Economy, chapter 13, pages 361-389
World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd..
- John Whalley & Shunming Zhang, 2006. "State-Owned Enterprise Behaviour Responses to Trade Reforms: Some Analytics and Numerical Simulation Results Using Chinese Data," NBER Working Papers 12780, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Waspodo Tjipto Subroto, 2015. "Revitalization of Pancasila Economic System in the Globalization Era," International Journal of Economics and Financial Issues, Econjournals, vol. 5(4), pages 860-868.
- Claustre Bajona & Tianshu Chu, 2010.
"Reforming State Owned Enterprises in China: Effects of WTO Accession,"
Review of Economic Dynamics,
Elsevier for the Society for Economic Dynamics, vol. 13(4), pages 800-823, October.
- Claustra Bajona & Tianshu Chu, 2009. "Data Appendix to "Reforming the State-Owned Enterprises in China: Effects of WTO Accession"," Technical Appendices 06-12, Review of Economic Dynamics.
More about this item
KeywordsF4 H1 H3 H7 Shirking State owned enterprises Trade liberalization;
- F4 - International Economics - - Macroeconomic Aspects of International Trade and Finance
- H1 - Public Economics - - Structure and Scope of Government
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ecmode:v:25:y:2008:i:6:p:1206-1215. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/30411 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.