Ethanol Expansion and Indirect Land Use Change in Brazil
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Joaquim Bento de Souza Ferreira Filho & Mark Horridge, 2011. "Ethanol expansion and indirect land use change in Brazil," Working Papers 0114, Universidade Federal do Paraná, Department of Economics.
References listed on IDEAS
- Joaquim Bento de Souza Ferreira Filho & Mark Horridge, 2016. "Climate change impacts on agriculture and internal migrations in Brazil," Centre of Policy Studies/IMPACT Centre Working Papers g-262, Victoria University, Centre of Policy Studies/IMPACT Centre.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:gam:jeners:v:10:y:2017:i:7:p:940-:d:104006 is not listed on IDEAS
- Joaquim Ferreira-Filho & Mark Horridge, 2012. "Endogenous land use and supply, and food security in Brazil," Centre of Policy Studies/IMPACT Centre Working Papers g-229, Victoria University, Centre of Policy Studies/IMPACT Centre.
- Andrade de Sá, Saraly & Palmer, Charles & di Falco, Salvatore, 2013.
"Dynamics of indirect land-use change: Empirical evidence from Brazil,"
Journal of Environmental Economics and Management,
Elsevier, vol. 65(3), pages 377-393.
- Palmer, Charles & Di Falco, Salvatore, 2012. "Dynamics of indirect land-use change: empirical evidence from Brazil," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 44835, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Saraly Andrade de Sá & Charles Palmer & Salvatore Di Falco, 2013. "Dynamics of Indirect Land-Use Change: Empirical Evidence from Brazil," CER-ETH Economics working paper series 13/170, CER-ETH - Center of Economic Research (CER-ETH) at ETH Zurich.
- Saraly Andrade de S� & Charles Palmer & Salvatore Di Falco, 2012. "Dynamics of indirect land-use change: empirical evidence from Brazil," GRI Working Papers 74, Grantham Research Institute on Climate Change and the Environment.
- Mariano, Marc Jim M. & Giesecke, James A., 2014. "The macroeconomic and food security implications of price interventions in the Philippine rice market," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 37(C), pages 350-361.
- repec:wsi:ccexxx:v:03:y:2012:i:03:n:s2010007812500157 is not listed on IDEAS
- Rasetti, Michele & Ferreira, Joaquim B.S., Filho & Finco, Adele & Pena-Levano, Luis M. & Zhao, Xin & Opgrand, Jeffrey, 2015. "Economic and Environmental Effects of the European Biofuel Policy," 2015 Conference, August 9-14, 2015, Milan, Italy 212489, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Jonathan Gonçalves Da Silva & Joaquim Bento De Souza Ferreira Filho, 2016. "Climate Change, Agriculture And Livestock Intensification In Brazil: The Borlaug Hypothesis," Anais do XLIII Encontro Nacional de Economia [Proceedings of the 43rd Brazilian Economics Meeting] 184, ANPEC - AssociaÃ§Ã£o Nacional dos Centros de PÃ³s-GraduaÃ§Ã£o em Economia [Brazilian Association of Graduate Programs in Economics].
- Giesecke, James A. & Madden, John R., 2013. "Regional Computable General Equilibrium Modeling," Handbook of Computable General Equilibrium Modeling, Elsevier.
- Deborah Bentivoglio & Adele Finco & Mirian Rumenos Piedade Bacchi, 2016. "Interdependencies between Biofuel, Fuel and Food Prices: The Case of the Brazilian Ethanol Market," Energies, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 9(6), pages 1-16, June.
- Marc Jim M. Mariano & James A. Giesecke & Nhi H. Tran, 2015.
"The effects of domestic rice market interventions outside business-as-usual conditions for imported rice prices,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 47(8), pages 809-832, February.
- M.J. Mariano & J.A. Giesecke & N.H. Tran, 2014. "The Effects of Domestic Rice Market Interventions Outside Business-As-Usual Conditions For Imported Rice Prices," Centre of Policy Studies/IMPACT Centre Working Papers g-245, Victoria University, Centre of Policy Studies/IMPACT Centre.
- Joaquim Bento de Souza Ferreira Filho & Mark Horridge, 2017. "Biome composition in deforestation deterrence and GHG emissions in Brazil," Centre of Policy Studies/IMPACT Centre Working Papers g-274, Victoria University, Centre of Policy Studies/IMPACT Centre.
- Miguel Carriquiry & Amani Elobeid & Ryan Goodrich, 2016.
"Comparing the trends and strength of determinants to deforestation in the Brazilian Amazon in consideration of biofuel policies in Brazil and the United States,"
Documentos de Trabajo (working papers)
16-12, Instituto de Economía - IECON.
- Carriquiry, Miguel & Elobeid, Amani & Goodrich, Ryan, 2016. "Comparing the trends and strength of determinants to deforestation in the Brazilian Amazon in consideration of biofuel policies in Brazil and the United States," 2016 Annual Meeting, July 31-August 2, 2016, Boston, Massachusetts 235888, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Terciane Sabadini Carvalho & Edson Paulo Domingues, 2016. "Controlling Deforestation In The Brazilian Amazon: Regional Economic Impacts And Land-Use Change," Anais do XLIII Encontro Nacional de Economia [Proceedings of the 43rd Brazilian Economics Meeting] 192, ANPEC - AssociaÃ§Ã£o Nacional dos Centros de PÃ³s-GraduaÃ§Ã£o em Economia [Brazilian Association of Graduate Programs in Economics].
- Ferreira Filho, Joaquim Bento de Souza, 2012. "Food Security, Labor Market And Poverty Of The Bio-Economy In Brazil," 2012 Conference, August 18-24, 2012, Foz do Iguacu, Brazil 126158, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
More about this item
KeywordsCGE; ethanol; biofuels; land use; Brazil;
- C68 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Mathematical Methods; Programming Models; Mathematical and Simulation Modeling - - - Computable General Equilibrium Models
- D58 - Microeconomics - - General Equilibrium and Disequilibrium - - - Computable and Other Applied General Equilibrium Models
- E47 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Money and Interest Rates - - - Forecasting and Simulation: Models and Applications
- Q15 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Agriculture - - - Land Ownership and Tenure; Land Reform; Land Use; Irrigation; Agriculture and Environment
- Q16 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Agriculture - - - R&D; Agricultural Technology; Biofuels; Agricultural Extension Services
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AGR-2011-07-13 (Agricultural Economics)
- NEP-ALL-2011-07-13 (All new papers)
- NEP-CMP-2011-07-13 (Computational Economics)
- NEP-ENE-2011-07-13 (Energy Economics)
- NEP-ENV-2011-07-13 (Environmental Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cop:wpaper:g-218. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Mark Horridge). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/cpmonau.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.