Modelling value-added tax in the presence of multi-production and differentiated exemptions
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- Giesecke, James A. & Tran, Nhi Hoang, 2009. "Modelling value-added tax in the presence of multiproduction and differentiated exemptions," MPRA Paper 13914, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- James Giesecke & Nhi Hoang Tran, 2009. "Modelling Value-Added Tax in the Presence of Multiproduction and Differentiated Exemptions," Centre of Policy Studies/IMPACT Centre Working Papers g-182, Victoria University, Centre of Policy Studies/IMPACT Centre.
References listed on IDEAS
- Gottfried, Peter & Wiegard, Wolfgang, 1991. "Exemption versus zero rating : A hidden problem of VAT," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 46(3), pages 307-328, December.
- Bird,Richard & Gendron,Pierre-Pascal, 2011. "The VAT in Developing and Transitional Countries," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9781107401440.
- Binh Tran-Nam, 2001. "Use and Misuse of Tax Compliance Costs in Evaluating the GST," Australian Economic Review, The University of Melbourne, Melbourne Institute of Applied Economic and Social Research, vol. 34(3), pages 279-290.
- International Monetary Fund, 2007. "Vietnam; Statistical Appendix," IMF Staff Country Reports 07/386, International Monetary Fund.
- Don Fullerton & Yolanda K. Henderson & John B. Shoven, 1982. "A Comparison of Methodologies in Empirical General Equilibrium Models of Taxation," NBER Working Papers 0911, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Charles Ballard & John Karl Scholz & John B. Shoven, 1987.
"The Value-added Tax: A General Equilibrium Look at Its Efficiency and Incidence,"
NBER Chapters,in: Taxes and Capital Formation, pages 105-108
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Charles L. Ballard & John Karl Scholz & John B. Shoven, 1987. "The Value-Added Tax: A General Equilibrium Look at Its Efficiency and Incidence," NBER Chapters,in: The Effects of Taxation on Capital Accumulation, pages 445-480 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Dixon, Peter B. & Parmenter, B. R. & Powell, Alan A., 1984. "The role of miniatures in computable general equilibrium modelling : Experience from ORANI," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 1(4), pages 421-428, October.
- Peter B. Dixon & Maureen T. Rimmer, 1999. "Changes in Indirect Taxes in Australia: A Dynamic General Equilibrium Analysis," Australian Economic Review, The University of Melbourne, Melbourne Institute of Applied Economic and Social Research, vol. 32(4), pages 327-348.
- Kehoe, Timothy J. & Noyola, Pedro Javier & Manresa, Antonio & Polo, Clemente & Sancho, Ferran, 1988. "A general equilibrium analysis of the 1986 tax reform in Spain," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 32(2-3), pages 334-342, March.
- Toh, Mun-Heng & Lin, Qian, 2005. "An evaluation of the 1994 tax reform in China using a general equilibrium model," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 16(3), pages 246-270.
- Sijbren Cnossen, 1998. "Global Trends and Issues in Value Added Taxation," International Tax and Public Finance, Springer;International Institute of Public Finance, vol. 5(3), pages 399-428, July.
- Jonathan Haughton & Shahidur R. Khandker, 2009. "Handbook on Poverty and Inequality," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 11985.
- Stephen Marks, 2005. "Proposed changes to the value added tax: implications for tax revenue and price distortions," Bulletin of Indonesian Economic Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 41(1), pages 81-95.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Dietl Helmut M & Jaag Christian & Lang Markus & Trinkner Urs W.O., 2011.
"Competition and Welfare Effects of VAT Exemptions,"
The B.E. Journal of Economic Analysis & Policy,
De Gruyter, vol. 11(1), pages 1-29, April.
- Helmut Dietl & Christian Jaag & Markus Lang & Urs Trinkner, 2010. "Competition and Welfare Effects of VAT Exemptions," Working Papers 0024, Swiss Economics, revised Oct 2010.
- Helmut Dietl & Christian Jaag & Markus Lang & Urs Trinkner, 2010. "Competition and Welfare Effects of VAT Exemptions," Working Papers 0133, University of Zurich, Institute for Strategy and Business Economics (ISU).
- Dorothée Boccanfuso & Céline de Quatrebarbes & Luc Savard, 2011.
"Can the removal of VAT Exemptions support the Poor? The Case of Niger,"
Cahiers de recherche
11-04, Departement d'Economique de l'École de gestion à l'Université de Sherbrooke, revised 05 Dec 2015.
- Celine De Quatrebarbes & Dorothée Boccanfuso & Luc Savard, 2015. "Can the removal of VAT Exemptions support the Poor? The case of Niger," Working Papers halshs-01151644, HAL.
- Céline DE QUATREBARBES & Luc SAVARD & Dorothée BOCCANFUSO, 2011. "Can the removal of VAT Exemptions support the Poor? The Case of Niger," Working Papers 201106, CERDI.
- Céline DE QUATREBARBES & Dorothée BOCCANFUSO & Luc SAVARD, 2015. "Can the removal of VAT Exemptions support the Poor? The case of Niger," Working Papers 201511, CERDI.
- Dorothée Boccanfuso & Celine De Quatrebarbes & Luc Savard, 2011. "Can the removal of VAT Exemptions support the Poor? The Case of Niger," Working Papers halshs-00577148, HAL.
- Marc Jim M. Mariano & James A. Giesecke & Nhi H. Tran, 2015.
"The effects of domestic rice market interventions outside business-as-usual conditions for imported rice prices,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 47(8), pages 809-832, February.
- M.J. Mariano & J.A. Giesecke & N.H. Tran, 2014. "The Effects of Domestic Rice Market Interventions Outside Business-As-Usual Conditions For Imported Rice Prices," Centre of Policy Studies/IMPACT Centre Working Papers g-245, Victoria University, Centre of Policy Studies/IMPACT Centre.
- Konstantins Benkovskis & Eduards Goluzins & Olegs Tkacevs, 2016. "CGE model with fiscal sector for Latvia," Working Papers 2016/01, Latvijas Banka.
- Felici Francesco & Maria Gesualdo, 2014. "Fiscal extension to ORANI-IT: a computable general equilibrium model for Italy," Working Papers 8, Department of the Treasury, Ministry of the Economy and of Finance.
- Dasalegn Mosissa Jalata, 2014. "Taxation for Economic Growth: Evidence from Ethiopia," International Journal of Economics and Empirical Research (IJEER), The Economics and Social Development Organization (TESDO), vol. 2(7), pages 294-300, July.
- Céline de Quatrebarbes & Savard Luc & Boccanfuso Dorothée, 2011. "Can the suppression of VAT exemption support the poor? The case of Niger," EcoMod2011 3227, EcoMod.
- J.A. Giesecke & N.H. Tran, 2017. "The National and Regional Consequences of Australia's Goods and Services Tax," Centre of Policy Studies/IMPACT Centre Working Papers g-278, Victoria University, Centre of Policy Studies/IMPACT Centre.
- de Quatrebarbes, Céline & Boccanfuso, Dorothée & Savard, Luc, 2016. "Beyond representative households: The macro–micro impact analysis of VAT designs applied to Niger," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 57(C), pages 76-92.
- Anum Saeed & Adeel Ahmad & Khalid Zaman, 2012. "Validity of the Value Added Tax in the SAARC Region," Romanian Economic Journal, Department of International Business and Economics from the Academy of Economic Studies Bucharest, vol. 15(45), pages 143-170, September.
More about this item
KeywordsValue-added tax Dynamic CGE Vietnam Indirect tax reform;
- C68 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Mathematical Methods; Programming Models; Mathematical and Simulation Modeling - - - Computable General Equilibrium Models
- H25 - Public Economics - - Taxation, Subsidies, and Revenue - - - Business Taxes and Subsidies
- H21 - Public Economics - - Taxation, Subsidies, and Revenue - - - Efficiency; Optimal Taxation
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:asieco:v:21:y:2010:i:2:p:156-173. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/asieco .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.