Contact information of Elsevier
Full text for ScienceDirect subscribers only
Additional information is available for the following registered editor(s):
Series handle: RePEc:eee:jjieco
Citations RSS feed: at CitEc
Access and download statisticsTop item:
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help
correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jjieco. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/622903 .
December 2004, Volume 18, Issue 4
September 2004, Volume 18, Issue 3
- 301-315 Estimation of the labor participation and wage equation model of Japanese married women by the simultaneous maximum likelihood method
by Nawata, Kazumitsu & Ii, Masako
- 316-329 Habit persistence and the marginal propensity to consume in Japan
by Pagano, Patrizio
- 330-361 Effectiveness of history-dependent monetary policy
by Kimura, Takeshi & Kurozumi, Takushi
- 362-389 The IT revolution and productivity growth in Japan
by Miyagawa, Tsutomu & Ito, Yukiko & Harada, Nobuyuki
- 390-415 Impacts of the information-technology revolution on Japanese manufacturer-supplier relationships
by Morita, Hodaka & Nakahara, Hirohiko
- 416-439 (Anti-)Competitive effect of joint bidding: evidence from ODA procurement auctions
by Iimi, Atsushi
- 440-461 When trade requires coordination
by Katz, Kimberly & Matsui, Akihiko
June 2004, Volume 18, Issue 2
- 143-160 Are sons and daughters substitutable?: Allocation of family resources in contemporary Japan
by Ono, Hiroshi
- 161-182 Determinants of Japan's foreign direct investment: An industry and country panel study, 1984-1998
by Farrell, Roger & Gaston, Noel & Sturm, Jan-Egbert
- 183-217 The basket-peg, dollar-peg, and floating: A comparative analysis
by Yoshino, Naoyuki & Kaji, Sahoko & Suzuki, Ayako
- 218-240 Impact of exchange rate volatility on Indonesia's trade performance in the 1990s
by Siregar, Reza & Rajan, Ramkishen S.
- 241-263 Trends in unemployment rates in Korea: A search-matching model interpretation
by Chang, Yongsung & Nam, Jaeryang & Rhee, Changyong
- 264-281 The effects of a consolation match on the promotion tournament
by Kiyotaki, Fumi
- 282-297 Division of a contest with identical prizes
by Ando, Munetomo
- 298-300 Employment Stability in an Age of Flexibility--Evidence from Industrialized Countries: Edited by Peter Auer and Sandrine Cazes
by Genda, Yuji
March 2004, Volume 18, Issue 1
- 1-11 The border effect in the Japanese market: A Gravity Model analysis
by Okubo, Toshihiro
- 12-37 Explaining Japanese direct investment flows into an enlarged Europe: A comparison of gravity and economic potential approaches
by Cieslik, Andrzej & Ryan, Michael
- 38-56 A twin crisis model with incomplete information
by Takeda, Fumiko
- 57-83 International co-movements and business cycle transmission between Korea and Japan
by Selover, David D.
- 84-98 The term structure of Japanese interest rates:: The equilibrium spread with asymmetric dynamics
by Kuo, Shew-Huei & Enders, Walter
- 99-114 The effects of monetary policy shocks on exchange rates: A structural vector error correction model approach
by Jang, Kyungho & Ogaki, Masao
- 115-136 Estimating output gaps in Asia: A cross-country study
by Gerlach, Stefan & Yiu, Matthew S.
- 137-139 Innovative East Asia: The Future of Growth: By Shahid Yusuf et al. World Bank, Oxford Univ. Press, 2003
by Nagaoka, Sadao
- 139-142 The Global Internet Economy: By Bruce Kogut. MIT Press, 2003. 536 pp., $39.95 hardcover
by Ikeda, Nobuo
December 2003, Volume 17, Issue 4
- 401-403 Editors' introduction
by Fukao, Kyoji & Hoshi, Takeo & Nagaoka, Sadao & Weinstein, David
- 404-431 South-East Asian export performance: external market access and internal supply capacity
by Redding, Stephen & Venables, Anthony J.
- 432-447 Why countries trade: Insights from firm-level data
by Davis, Donald R. & Weinstein, David E.
- 448-467 Heterogeneity and the FDI versus export decision of Japanese manufacturers
by Head, Keith & Ries, John
- 468-506 Vertical intra-industry trade and foreign direct investment in East Asia
by Fukao, Kyoji & Ishido, Hikari & Ito, Keiko
- 507-519 Is Japan's trade (still) different?
by Harrigan, James & Vanjani, Rohit
- 520-537 Do all networks facilitate international commerce? US law firms and the international market for corporate control
by Evenett, Simon J.
- 538-560 Globalizing activities and the rate of survival:: Panel data analysis on Japanese firms
by Kimura, Fukunari & Fujii, Takamune
- 561-581 Changing economic geography and vertical linkages in Japan
by Tomiura, Eiichi
September 2003, Volume 17, Issue 3
- 229-232 Editors' introduction
by Hoshi, Takeo & Spiegel, Mark M.
- 233-262 The value of banking relationships during a financial crisis: Evidence from failures of Japanese banks
by Brewer, Elijah III & Genay, Hesna & Hunter, William Curt & Kaufman, George G.
- 263-282 The impact of Japan's financial stabilization laws on bank equity values
by Spiegel, Mark M. & Yamori, Nobuyoshi
- 283-304 Loans to Japanese borrowers
by Smith, David C.
- 305-335 The Japanese banking crisis and economic growth: Theoretical and empirical implications of deposit guarantees and weak financial regulation
by Dekle, Robert & Kletzer, Kenneth
- 336-369 Post-crisis exchange rate policy in five Asian countries: Filling in the "hollow middle"?
by Hernandez, Leonardo & Montiel, Peter J.
- 370-400 The high demand for international reserves in the Far East: What is going on?
by Aizenman, Joshua & Marion, Nancy
June 2003, Volume 17, Issue 2
- 101-117 Japanese exports, MNC affiliates, and rivalry for export markets
by Lipsey, Robert E. & Ramstetter, Eric D.
- 118-133 The impact of import competition on Japanese manufacturing employment
by Tomiura, Eiichi
- 134-152 International trade and inefficiency in the location of production
by Takahashi, Takaaki
- 153-173 Aid and trade--an empirical study
by Wagner, Don
- 174-191 The devaluation expectations in Hong Kong and their determinants
by Rzepkowski, Bronka
- 192-212 Precautionary saving and earnings uncertainty in Japan: A household-level analysis
by Zhou, Yanfei
- 213-225 Environments that facilitate collusive non-investment:: Theory and application to Japan's period of rapid development
by Wallace, Rodney B.
- 226-228 The Law of Subsidies under the GATT/WTO System: By Marc Benitah. Kluwer Law International, The Hague, London, New York
by Fukunaga, Yuka
March 2003, Volume 17, Issue 1
December 2002, Volume 16, Issue 4
- 401-404 Editors' Introduction
by Hoshi, Takeo & Ihori, Toshihiro & Nagaoka, Sadao
- 405-435 To Spend the U.S. Government Surplus or to Increase the Deficit? A Numerical Analysis of the Policy Options
by Turnovsky, Stephen J. & Chatterjee, Santanu
- 436-461 Tax Pot Episodes in OECD Countries
by Bruno, Catherine & Portier, Franck
- 462-491 Government Deficit, Public Investment, and Public Capital in the Transition to an Aging Japan
by Kato, Ryuta Ray
- 492-511 Fiscal Reconstruction and Local Interest Groups in Japan
by Doi, Takero & Ihori, Toshihiro
- 512-535 Budgetary Consolidation in Europe: Quality, Economic Conditions, and Persistence
by von Hagen, Jurgen & Hughes Hallett, Andrew & Strauch, Rolf
- 536-558 Fiscal Policy Effectiveness in Japan
by Kuttner, Kenneth N. & Posen, Adam S.
- 559-582 Deficit Spending in the Nazi Recovery, 1933-1938: A Critical Reassessment
by Ritschl, Albrecht
- 583-604 The Fiscal Investment and Loan Program in Transition
by Iwamoto, Yasushi
September 2002, Volume 16, Issue 3
- 289-316 Measuring the Liquidity Effect: The Case of Japan
by Uesugi, Iichiro
- 317-334 On the Desirability of a Regional Basket Currency Arrangement
by Ogawa, Eiji & Ito, Takatoshi
- 335-352 A Test of the Full Insurance Hypothesis: The Case of Japan
by Kohara, Miki & Ohtake, Fumio & Saito, Makoto
- 353-371 Should the Coinsurance Rate Be Increased in the Case of the Common Cold? An Analysis Based on an Original Survey
by Ii, Masako & Ohkusa, Yasushi
- 372-397 Impacts of the Basle Capital Standard on Japanese Banks' Behavior
by Ito, Takatoshi & Sasaki, Yuri Nagataki
June 2002, Volume 16, Issue 2
- 147-176 Missing Household Saving and Valuation of Corporations: Inquiry into Japanese National Accounts I
by Ando, Albert
- 177-193 The Elusive Total Budget Outlay of the Japanese Government: An Inquiry into the Japanese National Accounts II
by Ando, Albert
- 194-211 The Location of Japanese Investments in China: Agglomeration Effects, Keiretsu, and Firm Heterogeneity
by Belderbos, Rene & Carree, Martin
- 212-226 International Trade and Bank Groups: Welfare Enhancing or Welfare Reducing?
by Fung, K. C.
- 227-252 Sectoral Shifts and Cyclical Unemployment in Japan
by Sakata, Kei
- 253-278 Long-Run Relationship between Consumption and Income in Japan: Tests of the Deterministic Cointegration Restriction
by Okubo, Masakatsu
- 279-280 Comment on "Changes in the Sources of Modern Economic Growth: Japan Compared with the United States"
by Yasuba, Yasukichi
- 284-285 Rejoinder to Hayami and Ogasawara
by Yasuba, Yasukichi
- 286-287 Reply to Yasuba's Rejoinder
by Hayami, Yujiro & Ogasawara, Junichi
March 2002, Volume 16, Issue 1
- 1-30 Monitoring the Monitors: Are Old Boys Networks Being Used to Monitor Japanese Private Banks?
by van Rixtel, Adrian A. R. J. M. & Hassink, Wolter H. J.
- 31-49 Modifications of the Balassa-Samuelson Model: The Effects of Balanced Growth and Capital Accumulation
by Motonishi, Taizo
- 50-72 Climbing the Technology Ladder Too Fast? New Evidence on Comparative Productivity Performance in Asian Manufacturing
by Timmer, Marcel P.
- 73-91 Declining Self-Employment in Japan
by Genda, Yuji & Kambayashi, Ryo
- 92-108 Do Japanese Insurers Benefit from A Catastrophic Event?: Market Reactions to the 1995 Hanshin-Awaji Earthquake
by Yamori, Nobuyoshi & Kobayashi, Takeshi
- 109-134 Does International Diversification Really Diversify Risks?
by Iwaisako, Tokuo
- 135-146 The Effects of Regulatory Reform on Quality
by Kidokoro, Yukihiro
December 2001, Volume 15, Issue 4
- 364-402 Unemployment, Well-Being, and Wage Curves in Eastern and Central Europe
by Blanchflower, David G.
- 403-418 Unemployment and Labor Market Institutions: An Empirical Analysis
by Belot, Michele & van Ours, Jan C.
- 419-436 The Relative Importance of Employer and Employee Effects on Compensation: A Comparison of France and the United States
by Abowd, John M. & Kramarz, Francis & Margolis, David N. & Troske, Kenneth R.
- 437-464 Fluctuations in Unemployment and Industry Labor Markets
by Abe, Masahiro & Ohta, Souichi
- 465-488 Transition from School to Work in Japan
by Genda, Yuji & Kurosawa, Masako
- 489-514 The End of Lifetime Employment in Japan?: Evidence from National Surveys and Field Research
by Kato, Takao
- 515-556 Flexibility versus Commitment in Personnel Management
by Kandel, Eugene & Pearson, Neil D.
September 2001, Volume 15, Issue 3
June 2001, Volume 15, Issue 2
- 131-159 Retirement Saving in Japan: With Emphasis on the Impact of Social Security and Retirement Payments
by Wakabayashi, Midori
- 160-177 Determinants of Trade Credit in the Japanese Manufacturing Sector
by Ono, Masanori
- 178-198 Exchange-Rate Strategies in the Competition for Attracting Foreign Direct Investment
by Benassy-Quere, AgnEs & Fontagne, Lionel & LahrEche-Revil, Amina
- 199-224 Institutional Investors, Trade Linkage, Macroeconomic Similarities, and Contagion of the Thai Crisis
by Chul Park, Yung & Song, Chi-Young
- 225-251 Fear of Floating: Korea's Exchange Rate Policy after the Crisis
by Chul Park, Yung & Chung, Chae-Shick & Wang, Yunjong
March 2001, Volume 15, Issue 1
December 2000, Volume 14, Issue 4
- 219-220 Editors' Introduction
by Hoshi, Takeo & Nagaoka, Sadao
- 221-237 Thinking About the Liquidity Trap
by Krugman, Paul
- 238-260 On the Role of Monetary Policy in a Deflationary Economy: The Case of Japan
by Itoh, Motoshige & Shimoi, Naoki
- 261-303 Should We Be Afraid of Friedman's Rule?
by Uhlig, Harald
- 304-326 Output-Inflation Trade-Off at Near-Zero Inflation Rates
by Nishizaki, Kenji & Watanabe, Tsutomu
- 327-365 Efficient Monetary Policy Design near Price Stability
by Orphanides, Athanasios & Wieland, Volker
- 366-384 The Role of Monetary Policy in Japan: A Break in the 1990s?
by Miyao, Ryuzo
- 385-407 Monetary Policy, Credit, and Real Activity: Evidence from the Balance Sheet of Japanese Firms
by Ogawa, Kazuo
September 2000, Volume 14, Issue 3
June 2000, Volume 14, Issue 2
March 2000, Volume 14, Issue 1
December 1999, Volume 13, Issue 4
- 255-256 Editors' Introduction
by Nagaoka, Sadao & Ito, Takatoshi
- 257-280 Competition in the Pay-TV Market
by Armstrong, Mark
- 281-310 The Pricing of Critical Applications in the Internet
by Cremer, Jacques & Hariton, Cyril
- 311-335 The Interdependent Telecommunications Demand and Efficient Price Structure
by Okada, Yosuke & Hatta, Keiko
- 336-371 Local and Global Competition in Information Technology
by Bresnahan, Timothy & Richards, John
- 372-396 Deregulation, Integration, and Market Structure in European Banking
by Gual, Jordi
- 397-423 The Competitive Impact of International Trade: The Case of Import Liberalization of the Japanese Oil Product Market
by Nagaoka, Sadao & Kimura, Fukunari
- 424-450 Determinants of Individual-Firm Markup in Japan: Market Concentration, Market Share, and FTC Regulations
by Ariga, Kenn & Ohkusa, Yasushi & Nishimura, Kiyohiko G.
September 1999, Volume 13, Issue 3
June 1999, Volume 13, Issue 2
March 1999, Volume 13, Issue 1
December 1998, Volume 12, Issue 4
- 251-255 Editors' Introduction
by Ito, Takatoshi & Kawai, Masahiro
- 256-304 How Did the Dollar Peg Fail in Asia?
by Ito, Takatoshi & Ogawa, Eiji & Sasaki, Yuri Nagataki
- 305-333 Strong Currency and Weak Currency
by Matsui, Akihiko
- 334-387 The Role of Nominal Anchor Currencies in Exchange Rate Arrangements
by Kawai, Masahiro & Akiyama, Shigeru
- 388-405 The Dollar Exposure of Japanese Companies
by Dominguez, Kathryn M.
- 406-423 The Euro and International Equity Flows
by Portes, Richard & Rey, Helene
- 424-454 The Currency Denomination of World Trade after European Monetary Union
by Hartmann, Philipp
- 455-482 The Exchange Rate Policy of the Euro: A Matter of Size?
by Martin, Philippe
- 483-506 The Euro as a Reserve Currency
by Eichengreen, Barry
- 507-534 Successful Structural Reforms after EMU
by Kaji, Sahoko
September 1998, Volume 12, Issue 3
June 1998, Volume 12, Issue 2
March 1998, Volume 12, Issue 1
December 1997, Volume 11, Issue 4
- 437-439 Editors' Introduction
by Ito, Takatoshi & Kawai, Masahiro
- 441-479 Nonlinear Aspects of Goods-Market Arbitrage and Adjustment: Heckscher's Commodity Points Revisited
by Obstfeld, Maurice & Taylor, Alan M.
- 480-501 Intranational, Intracontinental, and Intraplanetary PPP
by Engel, Charles & Hendrickson, Michael K. & Rogers, John H.
- 502-521 The Long-Run Purchasing Power Parity for the Yen: Historical Overview
by Ito, Takatoshi
- 523-547 Nonstationarity of Real Exchange Rates in the G7 Countries: Are They Cointegrated with Real Variables?
by Kawai, Masahiro & Ohara, Hidetaka
- 548-583 Sources of Purchasing Power Disparities between the G3 Economies
by Weber, Axel A.
- 584-609 Exchange Rate Volatility, Nominal Rigidities, and Persistent Deviations from PPP
by Andersen, Torben M.
- 611-641 Sectoral Price Movements under the Yen Appreciation
by Sazanami, Yoko & Kimura, Fukunari & Kawai, Hiroki
- 643-666 International Price Linkage within a Region: The Case of East Asia
by Fukuda, Shin-ichi & Kano, Takashi
September 1997, Volume 11, Issue 3
- 275-295 Monetary Policy in Japan: A Structural VAR Analysis
by Kasa, Ken & Popper, Helen
- 296-310 More Evidence on the Link between Bank Health and Investment in Japan
by Gibson, Michael S.
- 311-313 Mitsuhiro Fukao, Financial Integration, Corporate Governance, and the Performance of Multinational Companies
by Yafeh, Yishay
- 314-318 Guest Editor'S Introduction
by Itoh, Hideshi
- 319-346 Executive Salaries as Tournament Prizes and Executive Bonuses as Managerial Incentives in Japan
by Xu, Peng
- 347-384 Promotions, Skill Formation, and Earnings Growth in a Corporate Hierarchy
by Ariga, Kenn & Brunello, Giorgio & Ohkusa, Yasushi
- 385-402 The Productivity Effects of Information Sharing, Profit Sharing, and ESOPs
by Ohkusa, Yasushi & Ohtake, Fumio
- 403-436 An Evolutionary Model of Corporate Governance and Employment Contracts
by Osano, Hiroshi
June 1997, Volume 11, Issue 2
- 123-142 Japan's Intraindustry Trade Dynamics
by Menon, Jayant
- 143-184 The Real Exchange Rate and the Current Account Balance in Japan
by Song, Chi-Young
- 185-207 Finance Constraints, Liquidity, and Investment Spending: Theoretical Restrictions and International Evidence
by Chirinko, Robert S.
- 208-227 Equilibrium Real Interest Rate Linkages: The United States and Japan
by Hutchison, Michael M. & Singh, Nirvikar
- 228-246 Whither the Yen? Implications of an Intertemporal Model of the Dollar/Yen Rate
by Chinn, Menzie David
- 247-259 The Demand for Imports and Exports in Japan: A Survey
by Sawyer, W. Charles & Sprinkle, Richard L.
- 260-261 OLIVER HART,Firms, Contracts, and Financial Structure, Clarendon Press, Oxford, 1995. 228 pages, $19.95
by Elston, Julie Ann
March 1997, Volume 11, Issue 1
December 1996, Volume 10, Issue 4