Incumbent's price response to new entry: The case of Japanese supermarkets
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Basker, Emek, 2005.
"Selling a cheaper mousetrap: Wal-Mart's effect on retail prices,"
Journal of Urban Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 58(2), pages 203-229, September.
- Emek Basker, 2004. "Selling a Cheaper Mousetrap: Wal-Mart's Effect on Retail Prices," Working Papers 0401, Department of Economics, University of Missouri, revised 16 Mar 2004.
- Jerry Hausman & Ephraim Leibtag, 2007.
"Consumer benefits from increased competition in shopping outlets: Measuring the effect of Wal-Mart,"
Journal of Applied Econometrics,
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 22(7), pages 1157-1177.
- Jerry Hausman & Ephraim Leibtag, 2005. "Consumer Benefits from Increased Competition in Shopping Outlets: Measuring the Effect of Wal-Mart," NBER Working Papers 11809, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Jerry Hausman & Ephraim Leibtag, 2006. "Consumer Benefits from Increased Competition in Shopping Outlets: Measuring the Effect of Wal-Mart," CeMMAP working papers CWP06/06, Centre for Microdata Methods and Practice, Institute for Fiscal Studies.
- Steven C. Salop, 1979. "Monopolistic Competition with Outside Goods," Bell Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 10(1), pages 141-156, Spring.
- Loreto Lira & Rosario Rivero & Rodrigo Vergara, 2007. "Entry and Prices: Evidence from the Supermarket Sector," Review of Industrial Organization, Springer;The Industrial Organization Society, vol. 31(4), pages 237-260, December.
- Mark D. Manuszak & Charles C. Moul, 2008. "PRICES AND ENDOGENOUS MARKET STRUCTURE IN OFFICE SUPPLY SUPERSTORES -super-," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 56(1), pages 94-112, March.
- Emek Basker & Michael Noel, 2009.
"The Evolving Food Chain: Competitive Effects of Wal-Mart's Entry into the Supermarket Industry,"
Journal of Economics & Management Strategy,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 18(4), pages 977-1009, December.
- Emek Basker & Michael Noel, 2007. "The Evolving Food Chain: Competitive Effects of Wal-Mart's Entry into the Supermarket Industry," Working Papers 0712, Department of Economics, University of Missouri.
- Noel, Michael & Basker, Emek, 2007. "The Evolving Food Chain: Competitive Effects of Wal-Mart's Entry Into The Supermarket Industry," University of California at San Diego, Economics Working Paper Series qt4nq8d4sm, Department of Economics, UC San Diego.
- Griffith, Rachel & Harmgart, Heike, 2008. "Supermarkets and Planning Regulation," CEPR Discussion Papers 6713, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Panle Jia, 2008. "What Happens When Wal-Mart Comes to Town: An Empirical Analysis of the Discount Retailing Industry," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 76(6), pages 1263-1316, November.
- Jerry Hausman & Ephraim Leibtag, 2009.
"CPI Bias from Supercenters: Does the BLS Know that Wal-Mart Exists?,"
NBER Chapters,in: Price Index Concepts and Measurement, pages 203-231
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Jerry Hausman & Ephraim Leibtag, 2004. "CPI Bias from Supercenters: Does the BLS Know that Wal-Mart Exists?," NBER Working Papers 10712, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Kenn Ariga & Kenji Matsui & Makoto Watanabe, 2001. "Hot and Spicy: Ups and Downs on the Price Floor and Ceiling at Japanese Supermarkets," Asia Pacific Economic Papers 316, Australia-Japan Research Centre, Crawford School of Public Policy, The Australian National University.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Gómez-Lobo, Andrés & Jiménez, Juan Luis & Perdiguero , Jordi, 2015. "The entry of a hard discount supermarket: price effects," INVESTIGACIONES REGIONALES - Journal of REGIONAL RESEARCH, Asociación Española de Ciencia Regional, issue 31, pages 143-154.
- MATSUURA Toshiyuki & SUGANO Saki, 2009. "The Effect of Relaxation of Entry Restrictions for Large-Scale Retailers on SME Performance: Evidence from Japanese Retail Census," Discussion papers 09054, Research Institute of Economy, Trade and Industry (RIETI).
- Javier Campos & Juan Luis Jiménez & Ancor Suárez-Alemán, 2012. "“Not always sunny in paradise: prices and brand diversity in touristic areas supermarkets”," IREA Working Papers 201211, University of Barcelona, Research Institute of Applied Economics, revised May 2012.
- repec:eee:touman:v:36:y:2013:i:c:p:435-440 is not listed on IDEAS
- Kozo Ueda & Kota Watanabe & Tsutomu Watanabe, 2016.
"Product Turnover and Deflation: Evidence from Japan,"
UTokyo Price Project Working Paper Series
073, University of Tokyo, Graduate School of Economics.
- Kozo Ueda & Kota Watanabe & Tsutomu Watanabe, 2016. "Product turnover and deflation: Evidence from Japan," CAMA Working Papers 2016-71, Centre for Applied Macroeconomic Analysis, Crawford School of Public Policy, The Australian National University.
- Kozo Ueda & Kota Watanabe & Tsutomu Watanabe, 2016. "Product Turnover and Deflation: Evidence from Japan," CARF F-Series CARF-F-400, Center for Advanced Research in Finance, Faculty of Economics, The University of Tokyo.
- Zhang, Chuanchuan, 2011.
[Impact of Entry of Large Foreign Retailers on Local Labor Markets in China]," MPRA Paper 43912, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised Apr 2012.
- SHIMOTSU Katsumi, 2014. "The Effect of Large-Scale Retailers on Price Level: Evidence from Japanese data for 1977-1992," Discussion papers 14013, Research Institute of Economy, Trade and Industry (RIETI).
More about this item
KeywordsCompetition Market structure Zoning regulation Pricing Retail industry Japan;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jjieco:v:24:y:2010:i:2:p:196-212. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/622903 .