Entry and Prices: Evidence from the Supermarket Sector
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Ronald S. Jarmin & Shawn D. Klimek & Javier Miranda, 2009.
"The Role of Retail Chains: National, Regional and Industry Results,"
NBER Chapters,in: Producer Dynamics: New Evidence from Micro Data, pages 237-262
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Ronald Jarmin & Shawn Klimek & Javier Miranda, 2005. "The Role of Retail Chains: National, Regional, and Industry Results," Working Papers 05-30, Center for Economic Studies, U.S. Census Bureau.
- Rodrigo Vergara & Rosario Rivero, 2006. "Productividad Sectorial en Chile: 1986-2001," Latin American Journal of Economics-formerly Cuadernos de Economía, Instituto de Economía. Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile., vol. 43(127), pages 143-168.
- Lucia Foster & John Haltiwanger & C.J. Krizan, 2002.
"The Link Between Aggregate and Micro Productivity Growth: Evidence from Retail Trade,"
NBER Working Papers
9120, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- C.J. Krizan & John Haltiwanger & Lucia Foster, 2002. "The Link Between Aggregate and Micro Productivity Growth: Evidence from Retail Trade," Working Papers 02-18, Center for Economic Studies, U.S. Census Bureau.
- Rosario Rivero & Rodrigo Vergara, 2007.
"Do large retailers affect employment? Evidence from an emerging economy,"
Applied Economics Letters,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 15(1), pages 65-68.
- Rosario Rivero & Rodrigo Vergara, 2006. "Do Large Retailers Affect Employment? Evidence from an Emerging Economy," Documentos de Trabajo 307, Instituto de Economia. Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile..
- Heckman, James J, 1978.
"Dummy Endogenous Variables in a Simultaneous Equation System,"
Econometric Society, vol. 46(4), pages 931-959, July.
- James J. Heckman, 1977. "Dummy Endogenous Variables in a Simultaneous Equation System," NBER Working Papers 0177, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Paul Klemperer, 1989. "Price Wars Caused by Switching Costs," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 56(3), pages 405-420.
- Przybyla, Marcin & Roma, Moreno, 2005. "Does product market competition reduce inflation? Evidence from EU countries and sectors," Working Paper Series 453, European Central Bank.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Gómez-Lobo, Andrés & Jiménez, Juan Luis & Perdiguero , Jordi, 2015. "The entry of a hard discount supermarket: price effects," INVESTIGACIONES REGIONALES - Journal of REGIONAL RESEARCH, Asociación Española de Ciencia Regional, issue 31, pages 143-154.
- Loreto Lira & Magdalena Ugarte & Rodrigo Vergara, 2012.
"Prices and market structure: an empirical analysis of the supermarket industry in Chile,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 44(36), pages 4731-4744, December.
- Loreto Lira & Magdalena Ugarte & Rodrigo Vergara., 2008. "Prices and Market Structure: An Empirical Analysis of the Supermarket Industry in Chile," Documentos de Trabajo 346, Instituto de Economia. Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile..
- Paul R. Zimmerman, 2012. "The Competitive Impact of Hypermarket Retailers on Gasoline Prices," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 55(1), pages 27-41.
- Juan Jiménez & Jordi Perdiguero, 2012. "Does Rigidity of Prices Hide Collusion?," Review of Industrial Organization, Springer;The Industrial Organization Society, vol. 41(3), pages 223-248, November.
- Abe, Naohito & Kawaguchi, Daiji, 2010. "Incumbent's price response to new entry: The case of Japanese supermarkets," Journal of the Japanese and International Economies, Elsevier, vol. 24(2), pages 196-212, June.
- Zipitría, Leandro, 2011.
"Impacto económico del Supermercadismo
[The Economics of Supermarkets: A Brief Literature Review]," MPRA Paper 28419, University Library of Munich, Germany.
More about this item
KeywordsEntry; Prices; Retail; L81; L10; L11;
- L81 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Services - - - Retail and Wholesale Trade; e-Commerce
- L10 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - General
- L11 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - Production, Pricing, and Market Structure; Size Distribution of Firms
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:revind:v:31:y:2007:i:4:p:237-260. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.