Hot and Spicy: Ups and Downs on the Price Floor and Ceiling at Japanese Supermarkets
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Victor Aguirregabiria, 1999. "The Dynamics of Markups and Inventories in Retailing Firms," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 66(2), pages 275-308.
- Martin Pesendorfer, 2002. "Retail Sales: A Study of Pricing Behavior in Supermarkets," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 75(1), pages 33-66, January.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Francesco Nava & Pasquale Schiraldi, 2014.
"Sales And Collusion In A Market With Storage,"
Journal of the European Economic Association,
European Economic Association, vol. 12(3), pages 791-832, June.
- Francesco Nava & Pasquale Schiraldi, 2011. "Sales and Collusion in a Market with Storage," STICERD - Theoretical Economics Paper Series 549, Suntory and Toyota International Centres for Economics and Related Disciplines, LSE.
- Nava, Francesco & Schiraldi, Pasquale, 2013. "Sales and collusion in a market with storage," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 54249, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Nava, Francesco & Schiraldi, Pasquale, 2014. "Sales and collusion in a market with storage," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 55936, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Emmanuel Dhyne & Jerzy Konieczny & Fabio Rumler & Patrick Sevestre, 2009. "Price rigidity in the euro area - An assessment," European Economy - Economic Papers 2008 - 2015 380, Directorate General Economic and Financial Affairs (DG ECFIN), European Commission.
- Kota Watanabe & Tsutomu Watanabe, 2014. "We construct a TÃ¶rnqvist daily price index using Japanese point of sale (POS) scannerdata spanning from 1988 to 2013. We find the following. First, the POS based inflation rate tends to be about 0.5 ," CARF F-Series CARF-F-342, Center for Advanced Research in Finance, Faculty of Economics, The University of Tokyo.
- Kenn Ariga & Kenji Matsui, 2003. "Mismeasurement of the CPI," NBER Working Papers 9436, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Martin Eichenbaum & Nir Jaimovich & Sergio Rebelo, 2011. "Reference Prices, Costs, and Nominal Rigidities," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 101(1), pages 234-262, February.
- Kota Watanabe & Tsutomu Watanabe, 2014. "Estimating Daily Inflation Using Scanner Data: A Progress Report," UTokyo Price Project Working Paper Series 020, University of Tokyo, Graduate School of Economics.
- Judith A. Chevalier & Anil K. Kashyap & Peter E. Rossi, 2003.
"Why Don't Prices Rise During Periods of Peak Demand? Evidence from Scanner Data,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 93(1), pages 15-37, March.
- Judith A. Chevalier & Anil K. Kashyap & Peter E. Rossi, 2000. "Why Don't Prices Rise During Periods of Peak Demand? Evidence from Scanner Data," NBER Working Papers 7981, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Peter E. Rossi & Judith A. Chevalier & Anil K. Kashyap, 2002. "Why Don't Prices Rise During Periods of Peak Demand? Evidence from Scanner Data," Yale School of Management Working Papers ysm291, Yale School of Management.
- Watanabe, Makoto, 2008.
"Inflation, price competition, and consumer search technology,"
Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control,
Elsevier, vol. 32(12), pages 3780-3806, December.
- Watanabe Watanabe, Makoto, 2006. "Inflation, price competition and consumer search technology," UC3M Working papers. Economics we065623, Universidad Carlos III de Madrid. Departamento de Economía.
- Abe, Naohito & Kawaguchi, Daiji, 2010. "Incumbent's price response to new entry: The case of Japanese supermarkets," Journal of the Japanese and International Economies, Elsevier, vol. 24(2), pages 196-212, June.
- Loy, Jens-Peter & Weaver, Robert D., 2002. "Food Retail Sales (Pricing): Theory And Empirical Evidence For German Grocery Stores," 2002 Annual meeting, July 28-31, Long Beach, CA 19787, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- James Albrecht & Fabien Postel‐Vinay & Susan Vroman, 2013. "An Equilibrium Search Model Of Synchronized Sales," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 54(2), pages 473-493, May.
More about this item
- L81 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Services - - - Retail and Wholesale Trade; e-Commerce
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:csg:ajrcau:316. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Akira Kinefuchi). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/ajrccau.html .