Product turnover and deflation: Evidence from Japan
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Kozo Ueda & Kota Watanabe & Tsutomu Watanabe, 2016. "Product Turnover and Deflation: Evidence from Japan," CARF F-Series CARF-F-400, Center for Advanced Research in Finance, Faculty of Economics, The University of Tokyo.
- Kozo Ueda & Kota Watanabe & Tsutomu Watanabe, 2016. "Product Turnover and Deflation: Evidence from Japan," UTokyo Price Project Working Paper Series 073, University of Tokyo, Graduate School of Economics.
References listed on IDEAS
- Mark Bils, 2009. "Do Higher Prices for New Goods Reflect Quality Growth or Inflation?," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 124(2), pages 637-675.
- Daniel Melser & Iqbal A. Syed, 2016.
"Life Cycle Price Trends and Product Replacement: Implications for the Measurement of Inflation,"
Review of Income and Wealth,
International Association for Research in Income and Wealth, vol. 62(3), pages 509-533, September.
- Daniel Melser & Iqbal A. Syed, 2014. "Life Cycle Price Trends and Product Replacement: Implications for the Measurement of Inflation," Discussion Papers 2014-40, School of Economics, The University of New South Wales.
- Redding, Stephen J. & Weinstein, David E., 2016.
"A unified approach to estimating demand and welfare,"
LSE Research Online Documents on Economics
67681, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Redding, Stephen J. & Weinstein, David E., 2016. "A Unified Approach to Estimating Demand and Welfare," CEPR Discussion Papers 11421, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Stephen J. Redding & David E. Weinstein, 2016. "A Unified Approach to Estimating Demand and Welfare," CEP Discussion Papers dp1445, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Abe, Naohito & Kawaguchi, Daiji, 2010. "Incumbent's price response to new entry: The case of Japanese supermarkets," Journal of the Japanese and International Economies, Elsevier, vol. 24(2), pages 196-212, June.
- Daniel Melser, 2006. "Accounting For The Effects Of New And Disappearing Goods Using Scanner Data," Review of Income and Wealth, International Association for Research in Income and Wealth, vol. 52(4), pages 547-568, December.
- Nao Sudo & Kozo Ueda & Kota Watanabe, 2014.
"Micro Price Dynamics during Japan's Lost Decades,"
Asian Economic Policy Review,
Japan Center for Economic Research, vol. 9(1), pages 44-64, January.
- Nao Sudo & Kozo Ueda & Kota Watanabe, 2013. "Micro Price Dynamics during Japan's Lost Decades," CAMA Working Papers 2013-63, Centre for Applied Macroeconomic Analysis, Crawford School of Public Policy, The Australian National University.
- Sudo, Nao & Ueda, Kozo & Watanabe, Kota, 2013. "Micro price dynamics during Japan's lost decades," Globalization and Monetary Policy Institute Working Paper 159, Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas.
- Stephen J. Redding & David E. Weinstein, 2016. "Measuring Aggregate Price Indexes with Demand Shocks: Theory and Evidence for CES Preferences," NBER Working Papers 22479, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Robert C. Feenstra & Matthew D. Shapiro, 2003. "Introduction to "Scanner Data and Price Indexes"," NBER Chapters,in: Scanner Data and Price Indexes, pages 1-14 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Robert C. Feenstra & Matthew D. Shapiro, 2003. "Scanner Data and Price Indexes," NBER Books, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc, number feen03-1.
- Abe, Naohito & Tonogi, Akiyuki, 2010. "Micro and macro price dynamics in daily data," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 57(6), pages 716-728, September.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
More about this item
Keywordscost-of-living index; product creation and destruction; fashion effect; substitution; lost decades;
- C43 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods: Special Topics - - - Index Numbers and Aggregation
- E31 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Prices, Business Fluctuations, and Cycles - - - Price Level; Inflation; Deflation
- E32 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Prices, Business Fluctuations, and Cycles - - - Business Fluctuations; Cycles
- O31 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Innovation; Research and Development; Technological Change; Intellectual Property Rights - - - Innovation and Invention: Processes and Incentives
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:een:camaaa:2016-71. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Cama Admin). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/asanuau.html .